So whats the best Android phone that's OUT?

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What's the best Android phone to date?
Nexus One 8 3.51%
G2 19 8.33%
Evo 92 40.35%
Epic 4G/Captivate/Vibrant/Fascinate (Galaxy S) 41 17.98%
Mytouch Slide 3 1.32%
Droid X 31 13.60%
Droid Incredible 9 3.95%
Droid 2 9 3.95%
Other 16 7.02%
Voters: 228. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #81
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
 X Dot said:
i thought G2 didn't even have a 1 ghz processor

it doesn't and it doesn't need it.

it runs just as fast if not faster than the 1ghz...

I think the G2 is one of the best on the market.
 7 years ago '05        #82
Adamsville 131 heat pts131
space
space
$12,435 | Props total: 591 591

[video - click to view]

12-29-2010, 04:50 PM         #83
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So wait your G2 is overclocked to 1.8ghz and you're barely making it past my Galaxy overclocked to 1.2 ghz and you want to tell me the G2 is better?

Nah G sorry you missed the mark on this one.

Overclocking has to do with hardware, the stability of the piece you are winding up the clock speed. The G2 may be something you can stably over clock to 1.5+ Ghz but it doesn't make it better device. The most I ever over clocked my Galaxy S is 1.28 Ghz. I scaled it back down to 1.2 since it does everything I need it to super smoothly. Do you really believe if the Galaxy S was overclocked to 1.8 Ghz that your G2 be clearly better than it?

I doubt it would even be able to keep up, to be honest.
 12-29-2010, 06:28 PM         #84
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
So wait your G2 is overclocked to 1.8ghz and you're barely making it past my Galaxy overclocked to 1.2 ghz and you want to tell me the G2 is better?

Nah G sorry you missed the mark on this one.

Overclocking has to do with hardware, the stability of the piece you are winding up the clock speed. The G2 may be something you can stably over clock to 1.5+ Ghz but it doesn't make it better device. The most I ever over clocked my Galaxy S is 1.28 Ghz. I scaled it back down to 1.2 since it does everything I need it to super smoothly. Do you really believe if the Galaxy S was overclocked to 1.8 Ghz that your G2 be clearly better than it?

I doubt it would even be able to keep up, to be honest.
I overclocked it to 1.8 to show you the max. I do not run it at 1.8GHZ. I run it at 1.25 GHZ normally which is what my first benchmark was that was still beating your phone by a lot. 2600+ vs barely 2400 is not a little. 200 points actually is significant. Also did you not see I posted two benchmarks. First one was 1.25GHZ, second was the 1.8GHZ. So try again with your logic. And the fact that the G2 can be pushed further shows that the hardware is better anyway.

By the way, the Galaxy S cannot be overclocked to even 1.5GHZ so your point is even moot there. Trust me, I have tried. It is not stable at all in those ranges. And if you want to talk stock setups, the G2 stock is a heck of a lot smoother than the Galaxy S stock.

Anyway talking about this anymore makes no sense. I have used both phones and know the G2 is faster plain and simple. You are going to believe whatever you want to believe.

Last edited by xeduran; 12-29-2010 at 06:46 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #85
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 Adamsville said:
Very well put.
 12-29-2010, 09:30 PM         #86
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
I overclocked it to 1.8 to show you the max. I do not run it at 1.8GHZ. I run it at 1.25 GHZ normally which is what my first benchmark was that was still beating your phone by a lot. 2600+ vs barely 2400 is not a little. 200 points actually is significant. Also did you not see I posted two benchmarks. First one was 1.25GHZ, second was the 1.8GHZ. So try again with your logic. And the fact that the G2 can be pushed further shows that the hardware is better anyway.

By the way, the Galaxy S cannot be overclocked to even 1.5GHZ so your point is even moot there. Trust me, I have tried. It is not stable at all in those ranges. And if you want to talk stock setups, the G2 stock is a heck of a lot smoother than the Galaxy S stock.

Anyway talking about this anymore makes no sense. I have used both phones and know the G2 is faster plain and simple. You are going to believe whatever you want to believe.

I'm sure you're the official authority on overclocking Galaxy S, right? ;)

1. There are stable 1.4 Ghz overclock kernels.

2. G2 Stock is smoother because RFS file system sucks. Has nothing to do with the phone, just office politics. If stock speed was relevant, why would you even OC your phone? Its fast enough not to need to be sped up, right?

3. You used a Galaxy S so you want to tell me more about it than me? My phone gains up to 300+ quadrant score from the initial run to what is the peak score. Gaining 200 quadrant points is an absolute joke because you can gain much more with less tweaks.

I gained almost 800 points just switching file systems. You do the math.
 7 years ago '04        #87
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
All the tech talk is waay over my head but I must say that The Evo is the best phone I ever had....before the Evo I had the Samsung moment and was happy with that. I would have went with the epic but was scared at the fact that Samsung does not update their phones like htc does. I remember hearing that we would get the android 2.0 update from the time I purchased the moment and it never happened....we didn't even get the 1.6 update.
How ever I did all my research on Both the Epic and The Evo and they were pretty neck and neck...couldn't have gone wrong with either.

Last edited by mt fuji; 01-02-2011 at 10:12 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #88
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,670 | Props total: 524 524
 mt fuji said:
All the tech talk is waay over my head but I must say that The Evo is the best phone I ever had....before the Evo I had the Samsung moment and was happy with that. I would have went with the epic but was scared at the fact that Samsung does not update their phones like htc does. I remember hearing that we would get the android 2.0 update from the time I purchased the moment and it never happened....we didn't even get the 1.6 update.
How ever I did all my research on Both the Epic and The Evo and they were pretty neck and neck...couldn't have gone wrong with either.
Well the Moment did eventually get 2.1, but it took hella long. By that time, my sister switched to an Epic. And like an idiot, I dropped my EVO for the Epic because of the keyboard and the better processor. Now that's coming back to bite me in the a.ss because - as you said - Samsung is notoriously s**tty when it comes to software updates and support.
 7 years ago '04        #89
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
 e G o Maniac said:
Well the Moment did eventually get 2.1, but it took hella long. By that time, my sister switched to an Epic. And like an idiot, I dropped my EVO for the Epic because of the keyboard and the better processor. Now that's coming back to bite me in the a.ss because - as you said - Samsung is notoriously s**tty when it comes to software updates and support.
when did the moment get 2.1?
 7 years ago '04        #90
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 mt fuji said:
I don't know when exactly, but my sister took hers into Sprint and they updated it for her.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=samsung+moment+android+2.1
Around May, according to those search results
 7 years ago '07        #91
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,743 | Props total: 159 159
Yeah the Moment been had the 2.1 update. I had the official before the Evo came out. Like yall said it took hella long for them to release it. That's why I still havent used my upgrade the Epic yet even tho I could of as of last month but it seem like it might take just as long. I want to get the Evo but since Its been out for like 6months its too late to get it when another phone might be out soon.
 7 years ago '04        #92
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
 Tony_Stylezzz said:
Yeah the Moment been had the 2.1 update. I had the official before the Evo came out. Like yall said it took hella long for them to release it. That's why I still havent used my upgrade the Epic yet even tho I could of as of last month but it seem like it might take just as long. I want to get the Evo but since Its been out for like 6months its too late to get it when another phone might be out soon.
I'd go against the Epic dude. Samsung is still as s**tty as they've always been with software updates. EVO - especially with CyanogenMod - is still one of the nicest phones on the market, but definitely hold off. CES starts tomorrow, the Mobile World Congress is in February, and CTIA is in March. I'm sure Sprint will announce something beast-like between now and then.
 7 years ago '07        #93
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
Yeah thats what I figured. I figured that it would be some good game changing phones by march hopefully sooner. That's why my best bet is to try to wait a little longer.
 7 years ago '07        #94
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 mt fuji said:
the moment got the 2.1 update back in may... it made the phone worst at first but since its had three updates and the phone is actually some what usable now(not because of the official updates but because of what the developers over on SDX have been able to do with it), but still crappy. they're still trying to get 2.2 (unofficial) to work on it, but it aint happening and nobody really cares anymore being how 2.3 is already out and 3.0 is probably gonna be out by the summer time... I'm waiting for the EVO Shift 4g to upgrade just to get away from Samsung.
 7 years ago '04        #95
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
 SmokinPiff said:
the moment got the 2.1 update back in may... it made the phone worst at first but since its had three updates and the phone is actually some what usable now(not because of the official updates but because of what the developers over on SDX have been able to do with it), but still crappy. they're still trying to get 2.2 (unofficial) to work on it, but it aint happening and nobody really cares anymore being how 2.3 is already out and 3.0 is probably gonna be out by the summer time... I'm waiting for the EVO Shift 4g to upgrade just to get away from Samsung.
I like My moment....Also I always liked samsung phones until I got the instinct...damn that phone sucked...anyways I realize I picked up the evo a lil late but i'm not eligible for a upgrade until October
 7 years ago '07        #96
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 mt fuji said:
I like My moment....Also I always liked samsung phones until I got the instinct...damn that phone sucked...anyways I realize I picked up the evo a lil late but i'm not eligible for a upgrade until October
They must have decided to half a.ss everything since the instinct. even they're "good phones" now are questionable. From day one I hated my Moment (even though I kept it). from the horrible battery reading glitch that magnified the horrible battery life. to the gps & sensor problems. also the data lock ups & signal strengh issues, to now having random reboots... not to mention that they abandoned the phone before it even came out by never advertising it and having to almost force them to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.1 (which took forever). then them deciding that the phone will never see 2.2 even though the hardware can support it... also they were the 1st ones to release a 800mghz processor android phone, but under powered it to the point where it was barely faster then the hero or mytouch.

all in all the phone is a huge pos... however, thanks to android being hackable and ppl taking the time to use their skills to try to make the phones that manufacturers ignored better. it's now usable.

i'm already eligible for my yearly upgrade and with the evo shift coming out next week supposedly, it seems like the phone to upgrade to. even though looking at the specs, it doesn't seem to be that great. only because its the Desire Z (G2), but without the Z hindge and even though it's running Sense, it's running the old version of sense, not the new one that the Z is running... plus no FFC like the EVO. all things that I wanted, but don't really make or break it for me. plus i'm sure that a month after it comes out there will be a new sense rom up on xda for it :dancingcool:
 7 years ago '07        #97
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
 SmokinPiff said:
They must have decided to half a.ss everything since the instinct. even they're "good phones" now are questionable. From day one I hated my Moment (even though I kept it). from the horrible battery reading glitch that magnified the horrible battery life. to the gps & sensor problems. also the data lock ups & signal strengh issues, to now having random reboots... not to mention that they abandoned the phone before it even came out by never advertising it and having to almost force them to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.1 (which took forever). then them deciding that the phone will never see 2.2 even though the hardware can support it... also they were the 1st ones to release a 800mghz processor android phone, but under powered it to the point where it was barely faster then the hero or mytouch.

all in all the phone is a huge pos... however, thanks to android being hackable and ppl taking the time to use their skills to try to make the phones that manufacturers ignored better. it's now usable.

i'm already eligible for my yearly upgrade and with the evo shift coming out next week supposedly, it seems like the phone to upgrade to. even though looking at the specs, it doesn't seem to be that great. only because its the Desire Z (G2), but without the Z hindge and even though it's running Sense, it's running the old version of sense, not the new one that the Z is running... plus no FFC like the EVO. all things that I wanted, but don't really make or break it for me. plus i'm sure that a month after it comes out there will be a new sense rom up on xda for it :dancingcool:
Yeah I cant wait to ditch my moment because I had it for too long. The random rebooting while I'm on the phone is getting old. Even tho the Shift doesnt have a front face cam I might as well jump to this because it seem like its faster than the Evo. I would like the FFC but its whatever I am normally ahead of people I know with things like this so I would be one of a couple people I know with this feature if it was one of them.
 7 years ago '07        #98
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Tony_Stylezzz said:
Yeah I cant wait to ditch my moment because I had it for too long. The random rebooting while I'm on the phone is getting old. Even tho the Shift doesnt have a front face cam I might as well jump to this because it seem like its faster than the Evo. I would like the FFC but its whatever I am normally ahead of people I know with things like this so I would be one of a couple people I know with this feature if it was one of them.
yeah i'm the same way. I want the FFC just to say my phone has it, but I only know one other person who has a phone with one, so it's not like it's a must have right now. unless you love taking pic's of yourself to put on facebook, then it's a must have for ppl without real life friends
 7 years ago '07        #99
Tony_Stylezzz 2 heat pts
space
space
Yeah and even if you was on of those you dont need a 1.5mp front camera too do that lol. I mean to me that feature is not a make or break it deal right now. Like you if I got a phone with a FFC it would just be to say I have it on my phone and I wont use it hardly. I can imagine how much battery it drains since the screen has to be on at all time. Normal phone only give you like 7hrs of talk time as it is imagine the talk time using FFC. I'm good for atleast another year then maybe more people would use it then I would have a real reason to have FFC.
 7 years ago '10        #100
shoeprano27 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,723 | Props total: 46 46
 X Dot said:
i thought G2 didn't even have a 1 ghz processor
It doesnt. It has about 867mHz. Mine is overclocked to 1.2gHz and i'm lovin it.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
122 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy