So whats the best Android phone that's OUT?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
125 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
110 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
66 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What's the best Android phone to date?
Nexus One 8 3.51%
G2 19 8.33%
Evo 92 40.35%
Epic 4G/Captivate/Vibrant/Fascinate (Galaxy S) 41 17.98%
Mytouch Slide 3 1.32%
Droid X 31 13.60%
Droid Incredible 9 3.95%
Droid 2 9 3.95%
Other 16 7.02%
Voters: 228. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
whatuknow 2 heat pts
space
space
$565 | Props total: 108 108
Im going with the Evo
 7 years ago '07        #62
youngnrich85 
space
space
space
$562 | Props total: 0 0
Evo, personally i didnt know this phone would be this good. it can only get better if you decide to root it.
 7 years ago '04        #63
Kazel 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 453 453
I still find new reasons to love my Evo every day
 7 years ago '04        #64
mtbatol 11 heat pts11
space
space
$4,700 | Props total: 1162 1162
 Venom said:
hence him saying it could use an update
basically
 12-14-2010, 04:35 PM         #65
407Flaboi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Evo hands down still....
 7 years ago '05        #66
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Evo by far. Nexus S is surprisingly second.... with the disappointing specs I thought it would suck. It's super smooth. Still, 8MP Camera + HD recording, expandable SD card, and 4G coverage alone keeps the Evo on top of the Nexus S. Pretty sad that those are BASIC features that are mysteriously missing with the Nexus S.
 12-29-2010, 08:34 AM         #67
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
G2 or the Mytouch 4G, there is no comparison. Run the benchmarks, use the phone. No other phones are as powerful as those two.
 12-29-2010, 08:37 AM         #68
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mikesaimname said:
Samsung Fascinate for Verizon....after you put on the lagfix and jack the kernal to 1.2 low voltage it runs 2400+ benchmarks on quadrant and blows everything else away on speed and stability...especially on launcher pro
My G2 gets 2700+ after it is rooted and clocked at 1.5GHZ. Running Launcher Pro as well. No phones out there beat the G2 other than the Mytouch 4G, and not by much.
 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM         #69
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 xeduran said:
G2 or the Mytouch 4G, there is no comparison. Run the benchmarks, use the phone. No other phones are as powerful as those two.
 12-29-2010, 08:38 AM         #70
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Sorry buddy, benchmarks speak otherwise. Facts are facts. Argue all you want.
 12-29-2010, 08:45 AM         #71
Metalzoa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Benchmarks speak otherwise and that may be fact but its not the whole truth.

Galaxy S > Evo
Galaxy S > Nexus One
Galaxy S > MT4G
Galaxy S > G2

Thats the facts. Your benchmark tests lie because Samsung f**ked up on the software for it so it runs at 1/3rd or 1/4th its real speed. My phone is breakneck fast ... pushing almost 2400 in quadrant scores. That's better than your Evo and G2 will put out.
 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM         #72
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Metalzoa said:
Benchmarks speak otherwise and that may be fact but its not the whole truth.

Galaxy S > Evo
Galaxy S > Nexus One
Galaxy S > MT4G
Galaxy S > G2

Thats the facts. Your benchmark tests lie because Samsung f**ked up on the software for it so it runs at 1/3rd or 1/4th its real speed. My phone is breakneck fast ... pushing almost 2400 in quadrant scores. That's better than your Evo and G2 will put out.
Here you go buddy. This is my quadrant score on my G2.

[pic - click to view]

Higher than your almost 2400. Like I said, benchmarks do not lie. I know all about the Galaxy S. Messed around with one before and rooted it and squeezed every last bit of performance from it. Ran Quadrant on it and Linpack. I have been messing with Android phones since the first one, the G1. It is not faster than the G2. Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't.

By the way, T-mobile underclocked the heck out of the G2. It runs stock at 800mhz, but runs completely stable at 1.5GHz and can even reach speeds of 1.8Ghz.

Here is one with my phone overclocked to 1.8GHZ.

[pic - click to view]

As I said before, no phone out there beats the G2 in performance other than the Mytouch 4G. Next year will be different as the newer phones will be coming out. The G2's internet speed is very fast too. I personally do not like the Galaxy S style phones. I waited for the G2 instead of getting the Vibrant. They are good phones, but have too many restrictions when it comes to things like custom ROMs. I would place the Galaxy S phones behind the G2 and Mytouch 4G, definitely in front of the EVO and all other phones.

Last edited by xeduran; 12-29-2010 at 09:33 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #73
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,335 | Props total: 2758 2758
 xeduran said:
Here you go buddy. This is my quadrant score on my G2.

[pic - click to view]

Higher than your almost 2400. Like I said, benchmarks do not lie. I know all about the Galaxy S. Messed around with one before and rooted it and squeezed every last bit of performance from it. Ran Quadrant on it and Linpack. I have been messing with Android phones since the first one, the G1. It is not faster than the G2. Men lie, Women lie, Numbers don't.

By the way, T-mobile underclocked the heck out of the G2. It runs stock at 800mhz, but runs completely stable at 1.5GHz and can even reach speeds of 1.8Ghz.

Here is one overclocked to 1.8GHZ.

As I said before, no phone out there beats the G2 in performance other than the Mytouch 4G. Next year will be different as the newer phones will be coming out. The G2's internet speed is very fast too. I personally do not like the Galaxy S style phones. I waited for the G2 instead of getting the Vibrant. They are good phones, but have too many restrictions when it comes to things like custom ROMs. I would place the Galaxy S phones behind the G2 and Mytouch 4G, definitely in front of the EVO and all other phones.
Epic 4g>>>>mytouch 4g and g2.

Front face camera, 4inch super amoled screen, overclock friendly, keyboard, with superior graphic chip than those. The problem with galaxy s is the rts file system which you can change if you are rooted which you can start seeng 3000 on quadrant(which is the most s**ttest benchmark app out of all of the benchmark and can be easily hacked with changing the timing. If you don't believe me, thn try playing dungeon defender(unreal engine 3 game) and see if your phone can handle it without struggling.
 7 years ago '04        #74
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,335 | Props total: 2758 2758
Also quit using quadrant score as a bench mark. Cause according to quadrant my motorola droid outperforms my epic 4g. Only post up quadrant score if you are using the quadrant pro. Cyanogen already prove why apps like linpack and quadrant are not dependable benchmark app.
 12-29-2010, 10:04 AM         #75
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Also quit using quadrant score as a bench mark. Cause according to quadrant my motorola droid outperforms my epic 4g. Only post up quadrant score if you are using the quadrant pro. Cyanogen already prove why apps like linpack and quadrant are not dependable benchmark app.
I ran the benchmark myself so I know it was not tampered with. Your Epic 4G is not faster than the G2 or the Mytouch 4G. It is a Galaxy S style phone. I have tested that phone and mine. But whatever. Keep making excuses and believing what you want.

I do not care about the front facing camera or the .3inches extra of screen. That does not make the phone better. The SAMOLED screen is not that much better than the SLCD screen the G2 has. I have personally seen both hand in hand and used both extensively.

Last edited by xeduran; 12-29-2010 at 10:12 AM..
 12-29-2010, 10:19 AM         #76
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Only reason why Cyanogen stated quadrant can be unreliable is because it can be cheated to increase benchmark scores. I ran the test myself and did not use any cheats. I have yet to see a real benchmark with the Epic 4G hitting 3000+ by the way. If you mean by cheating the scores than yes. Point blank I have used both the Vibrant (Galaxy S style phone) and the G2. Both rooted and maxed for performance. The G2 is faster.
 12-29-2010, 10:34 AM         #77
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
Epic 4g>>>>mytouch 4g and g2.

If you don't believe me, thn try playing dungeon defender(unreal engine 3 game) and see if your phone can handle it without struggling.
Just downloaded the game and will check it out. This only tests 3D performance by the way. This is not a true indication of phone speed. The CPU is used mostly for the majority of the apps. The GPU is used mostly for the games. I will see how it performs when I am done. Why don't you post some of your quadrant advanced benchmarks so we can compare if you are so sure of the Epic 4G. I will see about downloading the advanced version and posting some benchmarks later.

I have yet to see any numbers from you Samsung guys, just words. I did not test this particular game before as I do not use my phone for gaming much. But I did test all the apps I use on both phones and the G2 was always faster or same speed.

Last edited by xeduran; 12-29-2010 at 10:37 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #78
bx kid 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,210 | Props total: 1269 1269
evo hands down
 7 years ago '05        #79
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,081 | Props total: 10757 10757
Dungeon Defender runs pretty good on my G2.
 12-29-2010, 12:24 PM         #80
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
Dungeon Defender runs pretty good on my G2.
Yep runs good on mine too, just finished downloading the game data for it. These Samsung guys swear up and down their phones are better yet I have yet to see any proof of it. I will admit this, the Galaxy S GPU is slightly more powerful than the G2/Myoutch 4G GPU. But the CPU is no where near as fast. You just cannot push the Galaxy S overclocking as much as you can the G2/Mytouch 4G.

Still waiting for some proof of your Galaxy S/Epic 4G/Fascinate/Vibrant running faster than a G2 guys. Real life performance and benchmarks say otherwise.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy