"if you're a Kid Cudi fan, kill yourself" - Sean Price

most viewed right now
 100
NBA The sh-t Curry did to grown men is worse than someone making you fall
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 91
Image(s) inside Twitter exposed SZA as FAKE Again ( CAREER FINALLY OVER?)
152 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 91
Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 79
 NBA KD just pulled Barkley's card
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10-03-2010, 03:29 PM         #161
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maaly6 said:
so you'd buy a Consequence, GLC, Fonzworth, or CyHi The Prynce album OVER Cudi??
No because I'm not a f**got. But there's even less of a chance I'd buy a cudi album.
 10-03-2010, 03:30 PM         #162
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m-f said:
All the people hatin' on CuDi sound mad insecure about themselves.

Including this guy posting all over the thread talkin' the homo s**t.
So you're insecure because you don't want to listen to f*g music? That's pretty terrible logic that's like saying you're an undercover homo because you don't have a boyfriend...
 10-03-2010, 03:32 PM         #163
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maaly6 said:
so you'd buy a Consequence, GLC, Fonzworth, or CyHi The Prynce album OVER Cudi??
Yes. I. would.


but honestly i wouldnt cop any of thier albums.
 10-03-2010, 03:35 PM         #164
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
See... Im speakin off facts.. Fact is Sean Price was part of one of the biggest movements in hiphop.. You f**kin nerds just emotional cause someone dissed your f*g a.ss boyfriend..

f**k ya life.. geek








sounds hungry here.
 8 years ago '04        #165
bnw99 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$7,219 | Props total: 5627 5627
sean price i f**ks with you...but you just owned urself with this wack a.ssed statement.
 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM         #166
Hell Z0ne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dutchbaby said:
I'm curious what your profession is, as you seem to have said it's related to understanding hip hop but you're unfamiliar with Sean Price? I'm not trying to come across a certain kind of way, I'm just wondering if you're finding a creative way to tell us you're a young, aspiring rapper or something.

Your observations regarding stereotypes of minorities in American society (yeah, we can make it that general) are understandable, but the way that you identify Cudi/Sean Price fans doesn't really mesh well with the historical construction of these stereotypes. For that matter, it also doesn't mesh well with the fact that a considerable amount of rappers who have made some cash did it acting like complete fools.

The "intimidating black stereotype" and others like it were constructed by a white majority and have historically been bought in to and consumed by that same white majority. Look up some newspaper headlines from the American south in the late 19th century if you want - do some research on the justification of lynchings through the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Things like that will really illuminate the fact that the masses love a good stereotype. Then go check out Langston Hughes b**ching about white people who tried to get down during the Harlem Renaissance - that will reinforce the point that those same masses will quite literally buy in to black art if they think they can find stereotypes in it. Then look at the careers of a million and one different rappers.

Now, obviously there is also something to be said for a community seeing itself through the eyes of the media, the majority, etc. but that is a whole other discussion.
I'm pretty sure there has to be a hip hop artist that you've never heard of, now, or at one point in your life regardless of their fame or impact on hip hop (no matter what perfection is a paradox and you will find the most intelligent man learning new things to this day)... and the thing with "hip hop" is that it's definition will always be misunderstood, there is no specific theory behind "hip hop" where literally everybody can agree that 2 + 2 = 4... so we're probably coming at each other with different views on what hip hop actually is...

I'm not looking at it from a historical point of view, and you don't have to on a large scale... I'm looking at it from a sociological (social relations) point of view... explaining their fan base...
and I want to know what you mean by "complete fools"... I hope you don't mean bulls**t like wearing Skinny Jeans...

Media is the main medium in which people view themselves and others... majority of people don't just travel the world to visit cities and their people to make stereotypes on them. why do so when you have a TV at home and the ability to Judge in your own comfort zone. I know my history and all the things you've talked about, you raise a point white majority creating stereos and k!lling and what not (as in I understand what you're saying) but I fail to see its connection to my connotation of their different fan bases...

-You're right, there are people (let's say white people for instance) who'll buy into the ghetto aspect black arts (AOTP or Sean P's for example)... but that's nothing compared to how many of those white people buy in to the non ghetto aspect of Black arts/ certain commercial artists (Kid Cudi, Drake)...
-My point is that we're in a different age, the "black struggle" isn't a main part of the media as it was during and before 90's so less people relate to it (or want it) than to "the life"/"struggle free"...

-and what I say is partially based on what things seem to be... and partial research (that I do personally)... and I mean extreme research... Everywhere I travel I have a team of 3-6 people who survey colleges, neighborhoods, wherever I can find a society active in the arts (music [various genres], dance, visual arts [which I'm still studying])
 8 years ago '07        #167
MiseryCityTexas 20 heat pts20
space
space
space
$21,753 | Props total: 5247 5247
 Maaly6 said:
so you'd buy a Consequence, GLC, Fonzworth, or CyHi The Prynce album OVER Cudi??
Consequence is a much better rapper than Kid Cudi so hell yeah I would.
 8 years ago '07        #168
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
avatar space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1159 1159
hmmmm....my thoughts are

sean price is a nobody who is trying to remain relevant
 8 years ago '04        #169
Lawgic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,393 | Props total: 74 74
Cudi sucks...seriously...he has a few songs here and there, but rapping, actually rapping? this guy is beyond horrible....but hey what you got in your ipod is your business
 8 years ago '05        #170
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
avatar space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 207 207
 Lawgic said:
Cudi sucks...seriously...he has a few songs here and there, but rapping, actually rapping? this guy is beyond horrible....but hey what you got in your ipod is your business


[video - click to view]


listen to the whole song and get back to me
 10-03-2010, 07:08 PM         #171
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that was terrible
 8 years ago '07        #172
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
avatar space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1159 1159
 Icemouth said:
that was terrible
I Guess this is terrible too???


[video - click to view]


all you ever do is hate, who do you like bro?
 10-03-2010, 08:18 PM         #173
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr. Snowman said:
I Guess this is terrible too???



all you ever do is hate, who do you like bro?
Didn't used to be a fan of his music, I short of hated his music without giving it a try. He's nice.
 10-03-2010, 08:25 PM         #174
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr. Snowman said:
I Guess this is terrible too???



all you ever do is hate, who do you like bro?
It's hate because I don't like something?


Only stanleys deal in absolutes son if the truth hurts then get back in the closet with your terrible CD
 8 years ago '05        #175
DaOmega_1 276 heat pts276
space
avatar space
space
$14,262 | Props total: 5390 5390
 Mr. Snowman said:
I Guess this is terrible too???

Yes, it is terrible. What's your point?
 10-03-2010, 09:29 PM         #176
dutchbaby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hell Z0ne said:
I'm pretty sure there has to be a hip hop artist that you've never heard of, now, or at one point in your life regardless of their fame or impact on hip hop (no matter what perfection is a paradox and you will find the most intelligent man learning new things to this day)... and the thing with "hip hop" is that it's definition will always be misunderstood, there is no specific theory behind "hip hop" where literally everybody can agree that 2 + 2 = 4... so we're probably coming at each other with different views on what hip hop actually is...

I'm not looking at it from a historical point of view, and you don't have to on a large scale... I'm looking at it from a sociological (social relations) point of view... explaining their fan base...
and I want to know what you mean by "complete fools"... I hope you don't mean bulls**t like wearing Skinny Jeans...

Media is the main medium in which people view themselves and others... majority of people don't just travel the world to visit cities and their people to make stereotypes on them. why do so when you have a TV at home and the ability to Judge in your own comfort zone. I know my history and all the things you've talked about, you raise a point white majority creating stereos and k!lling and what not (as in I understand what you're saying) but I fail to see its connection to my connotation of their different fan bases...

-You're right, there are people (let's say white people for instance) who'll buy into the ghetto aspect black arts (AOTP or Sean P's for example)... but that's nothing compared to how many of those white people buy in to the non ghetto aspect of Black arts/ certain commercial artists (Kid Cudi, Drake)...
-My point is that we're in a different age, the "black struggle" isn't a main part of the media as it was during and before 90's so less people relate to it (or want it) than to "the life"/"struggle free"...

-and what I say is partially based on what things seem to be... and partial research (that I do personally)... and I mean extreme research... Everywhere I travel I have a team of 3-6 people who survey colleges, neighborhoods, wherever I can find a society active in the arts (music [various genres], dance, visual arts [which I'm still studying])
As far as "what hip hop is," I don't really care either way about definitions and all that. I definitely don't really get down with a lot of s**t, but that's okay. I know I listen to a good amount of hip hop that people would probably be quicker to dismiss as something else before they would do the same to Cudi. So yeah, my curiosity was rooted in what was evidently a misunderstanding - I was under the impression you were referring to yourself as somebody who works real heavy on understanding the historical landscape of hip hop or whatever.

When I referred to artists making money off of ignorant s**t, I was making a point that Sean Price's style isn't, in itself, keeping him from making money. So no, I wasn't talking about skinny jeans and all that, it was more the long line of rappers who rely heavily on the same subject matter that heads want to a.ssociate with Price.

Minor detail, but AOTP is a group that is damn near predominantly white and Hispanic. I see where you're coming from referring to Cudi, Drake, etc. but we both know a lot of artists have made, and continue to make, an obscene amount of money while rapping about drugs and guns.

My little historical bit about racial stereotypes was only meant to show that the white American majority will openly embrace negative racial stereotypes and often actively search for these stereotypes as consumers. Therefore, like I've been trying to say... rappers can and do make money off of talking about the s**t that is central to the "intimidating black stereotype" that you identified.

I'm still curious what exactly your work is though... whether you're in the sociology field, a grad. student, etc.


Last edited by dutchbaby; 10-03-2010 at 09:33 PM..
 8 years ago '08        #177
Chia-Like 
space
avatar space
space
$634 | Props total: 51 51
f**k both these n*ggas how about that..
/thread
 8 years ago '06        #178
Kingme 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$11,581 | Props total: 9296 9296
Fire cracker, rap with a short fuse,
back smack a rapper,
for rapping with auto tunes...

f**kin rappin computer thug,
Stick the hard drive in ya a.ss
computer love

Name ya top 5 rappers
Ill smack s**t out of them
They not live rappers
Back pack rappers
f**k all the bulls**t
open ya back pack with a gat and a full clip

- sean Price


[video - click to view]

 10-04-2010, 01:17 AM         #179
Switchblade  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listen to these kidz

Sean PPPPPPPP


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]

 10-04-2010, 01:23 AM         #180
phillyCANNON  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you are a Kid Cudi fan, you should k!ll yourself.



That's as real as real gets.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
112 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 47
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
45 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
61 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
91 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Cardi B Speech But She Only Makes Weird Noises
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
72 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 11
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
52 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
157 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy