"if you're a Kid Cudi fan, kill yourself" - Sean Price

most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
197 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
88 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-03-2010, 04:29 PM         #161
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maaly6 said:
so you'd buy a Consequence, GLC, Fonzworth, or CyHi The Prynce album OVER Cudi??
No because I'm not a f**got. But there's even less of a chance I'd buy a cudi album.
 10-03-2010, 04:30 PM         #162
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 m-f said:
All the people hatin' on CuDi sound mad insecure about themselves.

Including this guy posting all over the thread talkin' the homo s**t.
So you're insecure because you don't want to listen to f*g music? That's pretty terrible logic that's like saying you're an undercover homo because you don't have a boyfriend...
 10-03-2010, 04:32 PM         #163
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maaly6 said:
so you'd buy a Consequence, GLC, Fonzworth, or CyHi The Prynce album OVER Cudi??
Yes. I. would.

but honestly i wouldnt cop any of thier albums.
 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM         #164
WorldsStrangest  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 I-NeeD-$$$ said:
See... Im speakin off facts.. Fact is Sean Price was part of one of the biggest movements in hiphop.. You f**kin nerds just emotional cause someone dissed your f*g a.ss boyfriend..

f**k ya life.. geek

sounds hungry here.
 7 years ago '04        #165
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,625 | Props total: 4218 4218
sean price i f**ks with you...but you just owned urself with this wack a.ssed statement.
 10-03-2010, 05:35 PM         #166
Hell Z0ne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dutchbaby said:
I'm curious what your profession is, as you seem to have said it's related to understanding hip hop but you're unfamiliar with Sean Price? I'm not trying to come across a certain kind of way, I'm just wondering if you're finding a creative way to tell us you're a young, aspiring rapper or something.

Your observations regarding stereotypes of minorities in American society (yeah, we can make it that general) are understandable, but the way that you identify Cudi/Sean Price fans doesn't really mesh well with the historical construction of these stereotypes. For that matter, it also doesn't mesh well with the fact that a considerable amount of rappers who have made some cash did it acting like complete fools.

The "intimidating black stereotype" and others like it were constructed by a white majority and have historically been bought in to and consumed by that same white majority. Look up some newspaper headlines from the American south in the late 19th century if you want - do some research on the justification of lynchings through the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Things like that will really illuminate the fact that the masses love a good stereotype. Then go check out Langston Hughes b**ching about white people who tried to get down during the Harlem Renaissance - that will reinforce the point that those same masses will quite literally buy in to black art if they think they can find stereotypes in it. Then look at the careers of a million and one different rappers.

Now, obviously there is also something to be said for a community seeing itself through the eyes of the media, the majority, etc. but that is a whole other discussion.
I'm pretty sure there has to be a hip hop artist that you've never heard of, now, or at one point in your life regardless of their fame or impact on hip hop (no matter what perfection is a paradox and you will find the most intelligent man learning new things to this day)... and the thing with "hip hop" is that it's definition will always be misunderstood, there is no specific theory behind "hip hop" where literally everybody can agree that 2 + 2 = 4... so we're probably coming at each other with different views on what hip hop actually is...

I'm not looking at it from a historical point of view, and you don't have to on a large scale... I'm looking at it from a sociological (social relations) point of view... explaining their fan base...
and I want to know what you mean by "complete fools"... I hope you don't mean bulls**t like wearing Skinny Jeans...

Media is the main medium in which people view themselves and others... majority of people don't just travel the world to visit cities and their people to make stereotypes on them. why do so when you have a TV at home and the ability to Judge in your own comfort zone. I know my history and all the things you've talked about, you raise a point white majority creating stereos and k!lling and what not (as in I understand what you're saying) but I fail to see its connection to my connotation of their different fan bases...

-You're right, there are people (let's say white people for instance) who'll buy into the ghetto aspect black arts (AOTP or Sean P's for example)... but that's nothing compared to how many of those white people buy in to the non ghetto aspect of Black arts/ certain commercial artists (Kid Cudi, Drake)...
-My point is that we're in a different age, the "black struggle" isn't a main part of the media as it was during and before 90's so less people relate to it (or want it) than to "the life"/"struggle free"...

-and what I say is partially based on what things seem to be... and partial research (that I do personally)... and I mean extreme research... Everywhere I travel I have a team of 3-6 people who survey colleges, neighborhoods, wherever I can find a society active in the arts (music [various genres], dance, visual arts [which I'm still studying])
 7 years ago '07        #167
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4207 4207
 Maaly6 said:
Consequence is a much better rapper than Kid Cudi so hell yeah I would.
 7 years ago '07        #168
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
hmmmm....my thoughts are

sean price is a nobody who is trying to remain relevant
 7 years ago '04        #169
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
Cudi sucks...seriously...he has a few songs here and there, but rapping, actually rapping? this guy is beyond horrible....but hey what you got in your ipod is your business
 7 years ago '05        #170
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 Lawgic said:
Cudi sucks...seriously...he has a few songs here and there, but rapping, actually rapping? this guy is beyond horrible....but hey what you got in your ipod is your business

[video - click to view]

listen to the whole song and get back to me
 10-03-2010, 08:08 PM         #171
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that was terrible
 7 years ago '07        #172
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
 Icemouth said:
that was terrible
I Guess this is terrible too???

[video - click to view]

all you ever do is hate, who do you like bro?
 10-03-2010, 09:18 PM         #173
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr. Snowman said:

Didn't used to be a fan of his music, I short of hated his music without giving it a try. He's nice.
 10-03-2010, 09:25 PM         #174
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr. Snowman said:

It's hate because I don't like something?

Only stanleys deal in absolutes son if the truth hurts then get back in the closet with your terrible CD
 7 years ago '05        #175
DaOmega_1 271 heat pts271
space
space
$13,839 | Props total: 4138 4138
 Mr. Snowman said:

Yes, it is terrible. What's your point?
 10-03-2010, 10:29 PM         #176
dutchbaby  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hell Z0ne said:
I'm pretty sure there has to be a hip hop artist that you've never heard of, now, or at one point in your life regardless of their fame or impact on hip hop (no matter what perfection is a paradox and you will find the most intelligent man learning new things to this day)... and the thing with "hip hop" is that it's definition will always be misunderstood, there is no specific theory behind "hip hop" where literally everybody can agree that 2 + 2 = 4... so we're probably coming at each other with different views on what hip hop actually is...

I'm not looking at it from a historical point of view, and you don't have to on a large scale... I'm looking at it from a sociological (social relations) point of view... explaining their fan base...
and I want to know what you mean by "complete fools"... I hope you don't mean bulls**t like wearing Skinny Jeans...

Media is the main medium in which people view themselves and others... majority of people don't just travel the world to visit cities and their people to make stereotypes on them. why do so when you have a TV at home and the ability to Judge in your own comfort zone. I know my history and all the things you've talked about, you raise a point white majority creating stereos and k!lling and what not (as in I understand what you're saying) but I fail to see its connection to my connotation of their different fan bases...

-You're right, there are people (let's say white people for instance) who'll buy into the ghetto aspect black arts (AOTP or Sean P's for example)... but that's nothing compared to how many of those white people buy in to the non ghetto aspect of Black arts/ certain commercial artists (Kid Cudi, Drake)...
-My point is that we're in a different age, the "black struggle" isn't a main part of the media as it was during and before 90's so less people relate to it (or want it) than to "the life"/"struggle free"...

-and what I say is partially based on what things seem to be... and partial research (that I do personally)... and I mean extreme research... Everywhere I travel I have a team of 3-6 people who survey colleges, neighborhoods, wherever I can find a society active in the arts (music [various genres], dance, visual arts [which I'm still studying])
As far as "what hip hop is," I don't really care either way about definitions and all that. I definitely don't really get down with a lot of s**t, but that's okay. I know I listen to a good amount of hip hop that people would probably be quicker to dismiss as something else before they would do the same to Cudi. So yeah, my curiosity was rooted in what was evidently a misunderstanding - I was under the impression you were referring to yourself as somebody who works real heavy on understanding the historical landscape of hip hop or whatever.

When I referred to artists making money off of ignorant s**t, I was making a point that Sean Price's style isn't, in itself, keeping him from making money. So no, I wasn't talking about skinny jeans and all that, it was more the long line of rappers who rely heavily on the same subject matter that heads want to a.ssociate with Price.

Minor detail, but AOTP is a group that is damn near predominantly white and Hispanic. I see where you're coming from referring to Cudi, Drake, etc. but we both know a lot of artists have made, and continue to make, an obscene amount of money while rapping about drugs and guns.

My little historical bit about racial stereotypes was only meant to show that the white American majority will openly embrace negative racial stereotypes and often actively search for these stereotypes as consumers. Therefore, like I've been trying to say... rappers can and do make money off of talking about the s**t that is central to the "intimidating black stereotype" that you identified.

I'm still curious what exactly your work is though... whether you're in the sociology field, a grad. student, etc.

Last edited by dutchbaby; 10-03-2010 at 10:33 PM..
 7 years ago '08        #177
Chia-Like 
space
space
$633 | Props total: 51 51
f**k both these n*ggas how about that..
/thread
 7 years ago '06        #178
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,917 | Props total: 7614 7614
Fire cracker, rap with a short fuse,
back smack a rapper,
for rapping with auto tunes...

f**kin rappin computer thug,
Stick the hard drive in ya a.ss
computer love

Name ya top 5 rappers
Ill smack s**t out of them
They not live rappers
Back pack rappers
f**k all the bulls**t
open ya back pack with a gat and a full clip

- sean Price

[video - click to view]

10-04-2010, 02:17 AM         #179
Switchblade  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listen to these kidz

Sean PPPPPPPP

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

10-04-2010, 02:23 AM         #180
phillyCANNON  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If you are a Kid Cudi fan, you should k!ll yourself.

That's as real as real gets.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
93 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy