Rajon Rondo: I am the best PG in the league

most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
189 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
135 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
212 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-03-2010, 12:07 PM         #121
smitty34 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
everbody knows that the best PG in the leave is Deron Williams that boy is so smooth with his game
 10-03-2010, 12:10 PM         #122
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Yeah because Rondo is the #1 option on the Celtics like Deron and Paul are on their teams.
The PG should never be the no.1 option in any offense... So just cause DWill goes nut doesnt make him better than Rondo... Rondo plays his position beautifully by setting up the offense, gets his PG stats, Pts and a.ssist, and then ADDS to his greatness by Rebounding the ball...

Its funny how you n*ggas always focus on PPG, and then when the PPG game is either matched or surpassed by another player than you want to focus on other irrelevant s**t, PG job is not to score the ball, its to control the game.
 10-03-2010, 12:35 PM         #123
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Then solidifies himself as the best PG in the league when the offense sags back 20 feet on him.

I'm not focusing on PPG. All point guards score in the NBA now, stop acting like it's a hazardous skill.

If you're the best point guard on the league, then why do no defenses respect you? You can't be the best at your position if a defense doesn't give a s**t about you. He's a good player, but he isn't the top PG in the league.
Really? Thats why the Lakers put Kobe on him? he is suppose to be one of the top defenders in the league...

Now you can say they dont respect his jump shot, but they game plan for Rondo and if you dont think that then your crazy... The last playoff RUN Boston had, you didnt hear about "Stopping KG, Stopping PP, Stopping RA" you heard them say... "We have to control RONDO"... come on man... your better than that...
 10-03-2010, 12:38 PM         #124
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Offense isn't jump shots, if he can drive and score easily in the paint then he is a threat.
 7 years ago '09        #125
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,033 | Props total: 22381 22381
AO just giving them the business out here
 7 years ago '06        #126
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3522 3522
 A.O.™ said:
Really? Thats why the Lakers put Kobe on him? he is suppose to be one of the top defenders in the league...

Now you can say they dont respect his jump shot, but they game plan for Rondo and if you dont think that then your crazy... The last playoff RUN Boston had, you didnt hear about "Stopping KG, Stopping PP, Stopping RA" you heard them say... "We have to control RONDO"... come on man... your better than that...
I guess you forgot who the Laker's PG is.....
 10-03-2010, 12:51 PM         #127
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
They gameplan, but isn't the gameplan to stop the best player at his position.

Do teams sag off on Paul? Do teams sag off on Nash? Deron? Billups? Rose? When those guys get the ball you see five sets of eyes on them, and tightening up on D. Not sitting at the basket while Rondo waits for one of the Big 3 to get open.

And of course they switched Kobe and Fisher. Fisher is a horrible on the ball defender, and they didn't want Kobe running around screens and getting tired trying to guard Ray Allen.

Your exposing yourself fam, I cant keep going in circles with you, your basically saying the PG position is about having a jump shot, and ignoring all of the PG's other responsibilities. But how you gonna say Rondo is not a threat offensively, and then say they put Kobe on Rondo because Fisher is horrible on ball defender.. If Rondo is horrible offensively and Fisher is horrible defensively wouldnt it be a wash in Fishers Favor since Rondo doesnt have a jumper, and then they can have a BLOCK party every time Rondo drives into the lane???
 7 years ago '09        #128
space
space
I'd sag off Dwight Howard if he was anywhere but within 3 feet of the basket

Last edited by TriniSoldier; 10-03-2010 at 01:14 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #129
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
I find it ironic that somebody is actually using the word "jumpshot" as the only reason a pg can't be the best at his position. That would have some relevance if we were talking about the sg position, but pg position?? This site blows.
 7 years ago '06        #130
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 ozWinston said:
I'd sad off Dwight Howard if he was anywhere but within 3 feet of the basket
Apparently Dirk must be the best pf of all time because of his jumpshot.
 7 years ago '09        #131
space
space
 KSoraci7 said:
Apparently Dirk must be the best pf of all time because of his jumpshot.
Well we all know Shaq got no jumper or free throw shot, so his name can't be in any top discussion.
 7 years ago '06        #132
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 ozWinston said:
Well we all know Shaq got no jumper or free throw shot, so his name can't be in any top discussion.
obviously.

The D sags off him at 7 ft. and he has no jumpshot. He doesn't hold a candle to Ilgauskas.
 10-03-2010, 01:21 PM         #133
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
I'm not exposing myself, you're ignoring one of the biggest factors at being a top player at your position. They put Kobe on Rondo because of the two factors I gave you. Fisher is a bad defender and they didn't want Kobe running around screens chasing Ray Allen, so they could keep him fresh offensively. The latter appeals more to the Lakers than the former.

If you're the top player at your position no defense will ever sag off on you. Ignore the fact if you want:

Chris Paul or Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James or Kevin Durant
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

Name me one defense that sags off on any of these guys, just give me one. Rondo is one of the top point guards in the league, but he isn't the top point guardnbecause he can't carry a team individually on the side that you have to do it on.

Your comparing the face of their franchises to a player whom nobody believed in...

Remember.. Rondo cant lead them to a championship.. Championship - CHECK!

then last year without KG, they Celtics are toast... Rondo damn near averaged a triple double.

Then this final year they wasnt talking about the big 3 any more, they were talking about RONDO and the Big 3...

Are we going to ignore the fact you play within the system your given? Isnt that the hate on Iverson that he wont give in and play within a system? Rondo's system doesnt ask of him to do much scoring, they have people for that... Do they sag off Rondo yes, but Rondo's scoring is not what makes him the BEST PG, its EVERYTHING ELSE, and thats what makes Rondo the best.. Rondo is the rebirth of Jason Kidd, and what made Jason Kidd great was not his jumpshot, it was his ability to do everything...
 7 years ago '06        #134
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Yeah because all the point guards in the league suck at scoring and can't shoot the ball. Take off the homer glasses and look around. A lot of the point guards who are considered top 10 can put up 20 a game, and their teams want them to.

You can't be the #1 at your position if you are not respected by a defense. How can you honestly say any different?

@ bringing up Shaq and Dirk. You guys are homers.
Rondo does not suck at scoring, stop reaching. He averaged 14 a game, why the f**k does the extra 3-4 points matter so much to u? Dan d!ckau averaged more than that one year, but he could shoot right

There's other parts to playing pg like steals and rebounds which Rondo led the league in at his position above anybody else. How many points did that turn into on the other end? Does any of that matter to you or do you live to see pg's take jumpshots

Does 10apg to 6apg mean anything to you regarding the pg position? Remove Rose' nuts from your chin.
 10-03-2010, 01:51 PM         #135
A.O.™ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
So Rondo led the Celtics to a championship now?

Great, and they got eliminated in the second round.

They? You mean Magic Johnson and the fairweather analysts on ESPN?

Rondo is Jason Kidd now?

You do realize that Jason Kidd is 5th all time in three pointers made right?

I love Boxden.
Again your nit-picking!

A.O. out!
 7 years ago '07        #136
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,623 | Props total: 2469 2469
 Hold That said:
The same guy who got cut from the Olympic team and blamed it on "family concerns"?

..if he was able to stay he would've easily been starting pg..so u
 10-03-2010, 02:27 PM         #137
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Last time I checked high percentage shots are in the paint, so they will be there. These PGs you are supporting are shooting 40ish% so I will take the drives anyday. Celtics have enough jump shooters and only a hater would ask for more.
 7 years ago '07        #138
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Rondo is not terrible at scoring, he's a bad shooter. Theres a difference. He can still drive and hit layups with the best of them
 10-03-2010, 06:28 PM         #139
Jhonnyboy30 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"That’s that nine n*gga, ugh Rondo"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
66 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
47 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
93 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
25 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy