Oct 1 - America's smartest cities... and dumbest. Where does your city rank

most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Benzino Speaks On Joe Budden's Opinion Of Eminem's Music
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Charles Barkley "Lavar Ball isn't a good father."
118 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
37 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
MOTTAFOOKAH 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,325 | Props total: 1111 1111
this ranking lost; having a degree does not equate to being intelligent
 10-02-2010, 12:29 PM         #42
bornleader 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
i have a degree and let me tell you,i have been to school with plenty of educated people.....but they are far from smart. Title of the study should be "most educated cities" not "smartest cities"
exactly..
 7 years ago '05        #43
DtownThugsta313 
space
space
$3,125 | Props total: 2 2
 jr2009 said:
:sad2: i knew the D was gone fall under the stupid cities list......but its kinda hard to argue with it
i mean in the city its kinda hard for a lot of kids to get college degrees when the high school grad rate it like 25%
 7 years ago '04        #44
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12
space
space
$9,388 | Props total: 592 592
Im from cleveland = dead last
 7 years ago '05        #45
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,303 | Props total: 4725 4725
 MOTTAFOOKAH said:
this ranking lost; having a degree does not equate to being intelligent
the likeliness of one possessing a degree being more intelligent than one without is higher.
 10-02-2010, 12:44 PM         #46
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SpittN4Cash said:
Im from cleveland = dead last
well youre reppin it well....cleveland is 10th worst learn to read a damn list dummy
 10-02-2010, 12:53 PM         #47
theboss175 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fit2bboss said:
I'm from the bay area. It's nice to see SF and San Jose up there.
 7 years ago '05        #48
jwill 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$980 | Props total: 270 270
 Jersey826 said:
#4 on Worst: Tampa

So, wait, does this mean that since Tampa has a lower amount of ppl w/ degrees that if I get a degree I'll get paid more?
No, theyll probably hire the person with no education since they dont know their worth. Pay them pennies on the dollar.
 7 years ago '08        #49
Dunknown24 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,019 | Props total: 719 719
 Steveo54 said:
well youre reppin it well....cleveland is 10th worst learn to read a damn list dummy
 7 years ago '05        #50
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,303 | Props total: 4725 4725
 Perfectibilist said:
Actually, Bill Gates dropped out of college.
All he claimed that he went to college. Not that he finished.

Perfectibilist said:
Lots of other Billionaires never even finished high school.
but there are a LOT more bums who never even finished high school as well....

Perfectibilist said:
If people are talking about intelligence that equates to money, then college or higher education isn't required. It's all about who wants it more.
I do agree with you though right here. But, college and a higher education can ALWAYS help, but it really depends on how much one is investing into a degree and if it's worth it. My opinion, if it's a full ride or near full ride to pay for college, I think it's worth the opportunity.

Perfectibilist said:
There are a lot of broke a.ss college graduates competing for jobs at McDonald's while there are lots of millionaires and billionaires who never went to college or even graduated high school.
McDonald's is exaggerating, but that also depends on the degree the student has earned. But true, many are stuck with $30,000 salary jobs or just hourly paid jobs. Again, depending on how much a student has invested into a degree, it might've been worth it to go through the college experience.
 10-02-2010, 04:43 PM         #51
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its not just about who wants it more, someone can grind every day and never catch that break that gets them anywhere. Having a degree in a useful subject is a lot better then not having one. I don't think going a really expensive university is worth it, but you can get by from a cheap public school.
 7 years ago '10        #52
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
 Jersey826 said:
#4 on Worst: Tampa

So, wait, does this mean that since Tampa has a lower amount of ppl w/ degrees that if I get a degree I'll get paid more?
nah cause your gonna have a dumbass for a boss

Edit

and the bill gates s**t is terrible, he didnt drop out, cause he disliked school and it was hard, he dropped out cause he ahd an idea that he needed all his attention on to make.

your not a "real dropout" if the school your dropping out of is hardvard

Last edited by HeyCobra; 10-02-2010 at 07:22 PM..
 10-02-2010, 07:25 PM         #53
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Perfectibilist said:
Associating with the right people >>>> college degrees
Sure if you meet the right people, but again its just like the guy who hustles his whole life and wants it more then anyone. There is a risk that you might never meet those right people, but if you get a meaningful degree your odds of getting a legitimate job are really really high. I'm not talking about a degree in political science Get yourself a degree in a growing engineering field and you won't need to worry about luck...
 7 years ago '04        #54
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,598 | Props total: 369 369
 slimyellow said:
raleigh, nc

I second that.. Raleigh reppin....see we are not all like Petey.. lol
 10-02-2010, 08:00 PM         #55
Zo1987 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[quote=Perfectibilist;17110192]
 Zo1987 said:
There are a lot of broke a.ss college graduates competing for jobs at McDonald's while there are lots of millionaires and billionaires who never went to college or even graduated high school. A perfect example would be the man in my avatar, Henry Ford, his success goes without saying and he never even finished elementary school.

I'm not saying avoid education, but people need to quit with this "college degree = success" bulls**t. Don't get me started on the actual numbers involved.

Better yet, read this article I wrote.
I understand what u are are saying but Henry Ford was in 1863 and started Ford Motor companies around 1903. Thats over 100 years ago, so of course u could EASILY get by back then without a degree. After all, only the children of the wealthy were going to University back then. These days in 2010, more kids are going to college and there is some talk that a college degree may equate to a high school diploma in the coming years.

The meaning of the word "success" is very ambiguous, success to u may be making a billion. Success to me may be making a million. Success to another guy may be making more money than his parents have made.

We both can agree that a lot of people in our generation equate success to being rich. Well college may not guarantee one riches but it helps, ie networking.
 10-02-2010, 10:41 PM         #56
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I believe anyone normal person can go to college and graduate with good grades. I believe it's the circumstances and environment that affect our performance level. If you took the time to study you'll more than likely pass the test. I believe it's just motivational levels and how bad you want it as some people already stated. It also depend on resources. I don't believe I could have passed some classes if I couldn't watch lectures on Youtube.

I believe people who go to college are more successful because they are in environments networking with people who are going to be future politician, doctors, lawyers, etc. It's all about how you utilize your time in college. I feel like the world is in your hands and it gives you more opportunity.

You get to choose the college you want to go to, so making good grades can put you in the city of your choice. It's up to you to use the school for what it's worth, don't depend on the degree. Become an entrepreneur when you're not in the class.

That's what's wrong with a lot of people these days. They get comfortable with their jobs, or they depend on the job and never think about becoming an entrepreneur.
 7 years ago '05        #57
NomiS 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,121 | Props total: 28 28
RALEIGH NC #4!!!! yay! wish I could get mine
 7 years ago '07        #58
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 JaiMega said:
would have been over if they tried to compare cities in Ontario. dumbasses.
Word, Mad Uni's/Colleges in Southern Ontario (Ontario in General tho)
 10-03-2010, 06:22 PM         #59
CaliforniaGirl 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im surpirsed not to see Vegas as number 1
 10-03-2010, 07:45 PM         #60
Trill Clinton 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

can't catch a break.
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
34 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
67 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
91 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
129 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
81 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
68 comments
21 hours ago