Beats by dre headphones, are they really good?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
33 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
I had bought those Diddy Beats... s**ts were ight but not worth 160... I got the Klipsch in ear joints now I got no complaints and they were only $100... I use em just for f**king around and they're lightweight so you can't really feel them in your ear

I also got the Solo's which are great
 7 years ago '07        #42
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 CokeWave said:
SpyDa i neeed to know something slime

im got rocked on ebay

n*gga sold me some fake dre beats...the tours one

got em for 50 flat

my plan is initially to keep them

cause they still good

but first ima try and return em to best buy

im gonna buy the official ones

and switch it with the fake ones

you think it will work
When I returned my Diddy Beats all shorty did was look inside the box and make sure all the s**t was there, it's worth a try
 7 years ago '06        #43
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,216 | Props total: 31 31
 rasheedwallace said:
honest opinion...

EDIT: i have the solo HD's.

i recently got a pair about 2 months ago. expected a lot and overall, was disappointed. number one problem is the craftsmanship. you have to treat these damn things like a baby or they fall apart. seems like a lot of people reviewing it say the same and that's because its just true. they just feel like they will break on you. they do not feel solid at all. pick up a pair and then shake it back and forth, you'll see. i've had a couple issues with the cushioning falling off the headphone and its hard as a b**ch to get back on. plus the headphone keeps getting dislodged from the unit and i keep having to snap it back in every once in a awhile. second, the sound on my cheaper bose headphones are better. the extra base on the beats is nice, but it sounds more muddy than anything.

bottom line is that i like them, but they are way overpriced and do not seem durable at all. more for fashion that functionality.
SOLO HDS AND STUDIOS ARE NOT THE SAME, thats like buying a coach seat and saying american airlines suck, n*gga do it big and get the first class seatz, ala, the studios.
 7 years ago '04        #44
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
I cant see why n*gga arguing its all about what your ear prefers... just like car audio... music and everything else in the world... in my eyes... I have seen heard alot of headphones... and dre's are good, but not great... not worth the price... u can get other headphones for equal quality... but dre name and marketing will sell more than any lower name brand...
 7 years ago '05        #45
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,784 | Props total: 4725 4725
seen some b**ch wearing them BIG a.ss joints attached to her ipod, s**t look silly
 7 years ago '04        #46
egotistical 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,808 | Props total: 1472 1472
 rasheedwallace said:
honest opinion...

i recently got a pair about 2 months ago. expected a lot and overall, was disappointed. number one problem is the craftsmanship. you have to treat these damn things like a baby or they fall apart. seems like a lot of people reviewing it say the same and that's because its just true. they just feel like they will break on you. they do not feel solid at all. pick up a pair and then shake it back and forth, you'll see. i've had a couple issues with the cushioning falling off the headphone and its hard as a b**ch to get back on. plus the headphone keeps getting dislodged from the unit and i keep having to snap it back in every once in a awhile. second, the sound on my cheaper bose headphones are better. the extra base on the beats is nice, but it sounds more muddy than anything.

bottom line is that i like them, but they are way overpriced and do not seem durable at all. more for fashion that functionality.
n*gga u must be playing soccer with your s**t LOL....
 10-12-2010, 06:56 PM         #47
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rasheedwallace said:
honest opinion...

u must've been beatin them up because the only solos I've seen f**ked up have been the display units in BB, and even after 1 1/2, they're still in decent shape. And honestly if you're not gonna get the studios then you shouldn't get them.
 7 years ago '06        #48
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 billieskeet said:
u must've been beatin them up because the only solos I've seen f**ked up have been the display units in BB, and even after 1 1/2, they're still in decent shape. And honestly if you're not gonna get the studios then you shouldn't get them.
:a greement1:

most people on here cant afford the studios so they get the lower versions and dog out monster beats because if that, smh
 10-12-2010, 07:14 PM         #49
Fcuk Boy Music  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
overhyped trash go get bose
 7 years ago '07        #50
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,160 | Props total: 118 118
 RalphLaurenJR said:
:a greement1:

most people on here cant afford the studios so they get the lower versions and dog out monster beats because if that, smh
Why are dudes on BX always making a.ssumptions about someone's cash flow? If there's $200 to spend for Solo HDs (plus another $200 for the pair I JUST bought for my girl), what's $100 more for the Studios?

I don't wanna insinuate that dudes are projecting, but if it's not within my means to buy some $300 headphones, then I'm gonna play my position and pickup some $50 Sony joints from Best Buy. I've got a rule for myself: never buy something unless I can buy it twice.

I didn't go with Studios because they're huge. I'd feel like a doofus on my morning commute wearing headphones designed for high-quality studio mastering. I'm passionate about my music and like hearing quality, but not at the sacrifice of my own convenience. Don't those require batteries, too?

Either way, I've been rocking the HDs for about a week, and the only complaint I have is with the quality of my album rips. I've listened to mp3s I've got on my phone and a few FLAC audio files, and I really hear the difference in the kbps now. I never cared before.

Another complaint is that my phone actually has a pretty low cap on the max volume. My girl's Solo HDs thump in her iPhone, while mine have some bass but don't give me the same vibration and loudness.

I think there's a hack for Android to boost the device volume, but I'll f**k with that later. Most important thing to me was having over-ear headphones with a mic so I could answer calls and communicate without unplugging cords.

Anyhow, I made it to these Solo HDs from my Bose In-ear headphones and my girl moved up from Skullcandy. We both prefer this, not because we got tired of jamming s**t into our ears, but because the quality sounds a little more rich. I'm no audiophile, so I can't spit all the technical talk -- all I can confirm is how I feel and my current preferences.

Last edited by KeithHernandez; 10-12-2010 at 09:16 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #51
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 KeithHernandez said:
Why are dudes on BX always making a.ssumptions about someone's cash flow? If there's $200 to spend for Solo HDs (plus another $200 for the pair I JUST bought for my girl), what's $100 more for the Studios?

I don't wanna insinuate that dudes are projecting, but if it's not within my means to buy some $300 headphones, then I'm gonna play my position and pickup some $50 Sony joints from Best Buy. I've got a rule for myself: never buy something unless I can buy it twice.

I didn't go with Studios because they're huge. I'd feel like a doofus on my morning commute wearing headphones designed for high-quality studio mastering. I'm passionate about my music and like hearing quality, but not at the sacrifice of my own convenience. Don't those require batteries, too?

Either way, I've been rocking the HDs for about a week, and the only complaint I have is with the quality of my album rips. I've listened to mp3s I've got on my phone and a few FLAC audio files, and I really hear the difference in the kbps now. I never cared before.

Another complaint is that my phone actually has a pretty low cap on the max volume. My girl's Solo HDs thump in her iPhone, while mine have some bass but don't give me the same vibration and loudness.

I think there's a hack for Android to boost the device volume, but I'll f**k with that later. Most important thing to me was having over-ear headphones with a mic so I could answer calls and communicate without unplugging cords.

Anyhow, I made it to these Solo HDs from my Bose In-ear headphones and my girl moved up from Skullcandy. We both prefer this, not because we got tired of jamming s**t into our ears, but because the quality sounds a little more rich. I'm no audiophile, so I can't spit all the technical talk -- all I can confirm is how I feel and my current preferences.
my point is solo hds and studios are two diff type of beats by dre headphone, the studios are way more advanced,and are not like the solo hds, people on here complaining about beats by dre and dont have the main ones that people buy, the studios, thats all im saying.
 7 years ago '06        #52
RalphLaurenJR 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 Fcuk Boy Music said:
overhyped trash go get bose
overhyped like all those clothes you buy, smh.
 7 years ago '05        #53
cyPherNautz 
space
space
$539 | Props total: 0 0
Check out the Pioneer HDJ-2000's. Crisp and Clean! I got $100 off for mines though.
 7 years ago '04        #54
mrjam7 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,129 | Props total: 299 299
my bro got them with his boys discount and the dre ones sound way better ! he use to have to bose ear plug ones... and now he has those dre ones that cover the ears
 7 years ago '04        #55
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 KeithHernandez said:

waffles.fm for FLAC.
 7 years ago '05        #56
reallmusik 
space
space
space
$105 | Props total: 1 1
i have some they are ok.. i just think its for stunt factor
 7 years ago '08        #57
EddieDaDon 
space
space
$481 | Props total: 11 11
which ones are best suited for the iPhone? because i was seriously considering those Solo HD's w/Control Talk, but if there's something better out on the market, i'd consider looking into those as well
 7 years ago '05        #58
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,445 | Props total: 25128 25128
 akademiks said:
People saying the only ones that can't afford them say they suck - you do realize that you guys are suckers for buying over-marketed, under-performing crap?
...I Paid Half Price For My White Solos & Studios,So How Is That A Sucker Deal Cause Security Wont Let You Near The Beats Display In The Store

Allister said:
soloHD's Break easily
...The Regular Solos Break Easily Cause Of The Material Its Made Out Of. If You Got A Big Head,You're Going To Snap Them. If You Drop Them Muthaf**kas Hard,They Will Break. Thats Why They Slowly Pulling The Regular Solos Off & Replacing Them With Solo HD Cause Of The Material Is Better. Same Material The Studios Are Made Out Of

CokeWave said:

but first ima try and return em to best buy

im gonna buy the official ones

and switch it with the fake ones

you think it will work
....You Going Need A Receipt With Best Buy. They Already Been Alerted On The Tours,Its Been Happening For Acouple Months Now.

They Might Switch Them Out....Depends On Who Working

rasheedwallace said:
honest opinion...

...Only Part I Can Agree With Is The Cushioning Part But The Rest...I Mean Damn Homie,What You Doing Tie-bow Or Something With The Headphones,I Be Damn.
 10-14-2010, 01:32 AM         #59
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When I first bought the Tour earbuds, the left side was DEAD. no audio, no crackling, nothing right out of the package and I was PISSED. I let them sit in the package for the week because I forgot about them and I tried one more time before I left on my trip and magically, they worked. They worked for about 2 months and the left side went back out again.

They sound great and I think they live up to the hype, but the build quality is s**t on them. If you buy beats, buy the Pro because those look indestructible. If you have a problem affording the Beats headphones, you can always cop them off of Home Shopping Network's website and get them on a monthly installment. I paid $150 for the tour, but I had to pay $50 a month.
 10-14-2010, 01:43 AM         #60
Dangerously  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Here's the link for those thinking about the "Tour"

Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy