LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #161
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,915 | Props total: 634 634
 Cambury said:
yup i do think majority of blame is on Cleveland but lets not forget wat Lebron said and did becuz we dont want to paint him to b suttin he is not. i have higher standards for my athletes then i do for Brett Favre, somebody doin worse doesnt make it ok for u to do bad.
hes a 25 year old talented multi millionaire who had the media at his disposal. we knew that already. and why do we need to hold ourselves up to a higher standard? the standard SHOULD be the same for everyone in a society thats supposedly post racial (we know it isnt). that in itself implies racilaized thinking. its not fair to judge a 25 year old more harshly than a 40 year old for sure. hes young, whats favres excuse?
 7 years ago '09        #162
kmoney626 
space
space
$399 | Props total: 28 28
Lebron played the...

[pic - click to view]

09-30-2010, 04:38 PM         #163
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
where in america do we have power in numbers besides the ghettos, pro sports and prison?

boxden bar none has the most ignorant people on the planet...jesus christ...
 7 years ago '09        #164
TERRANCE CRACK 48 heat pts48
space
space
$8,193 | Props total: 51 51
 Cambury said:
at the sametime i think u must understand he also has been praised and given more power than any professional athlete so of course people feel betrayed, he is a man jus like u and his word means ALOT. He went off on da Boozer situation like he was above that, he went off on Stephon Marbury situation like he was above that. Now we find out that he could get lower than them.I think the amount of criticism is warranted and using the whole race thing all of a sudden is a ploy.
but is that his fault that hes givin all that power?? and besides this what else has he really done to warrant such a strong hate?? its not like hes had a spotty past in the public eye like say carmello or even kobe..but he has a special that was a tad tasteless(but raises 3 mill for the kids),left his hometown team after playin there for 7 years, and went to a team where he thought he could win and now hes the most hated man in sports??? and u think all that is just from one tv special and a couple of dumb comments?? please..

Last edited by TERRANCE CRACK; 09-30-2010 at 04:50 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #165
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,168 | Props total: 8204 8204
 SyDuck said:
Are u f**kin serious.

Im pretty sure it had to do with him betraying an entire STATE than him being black. They had his f**kin mural on a f**kin big a.ss wall for f**ks sake.

It's like MJ talking betraying Chicaco after them putting up a statue of him.

Please.
Nike put that up not Cleveland....

And this is my exact point, who did he betray? n*ggas from cleveland don't own that damn team. I grew up on the Jersey side of Philly and for 7 or 8 years everytime I crossed the bridge I saw a giant azz mural of Allen Iverson doing his crossover, we had unbelievable amounts of love for AI, but when it was all said and done the sixers traded his azz for a pack of crayons and a blow pop, and he gave his body to that front office and that's how they did him. It's business, you falling in love with a player is your own fault.

SyDuck said:
i cant believe anyone in the NBA, consisting of 80% blacks, is pulling the race card.
 Brainwave said:
"i cant believe anyone in the NBA, consisting of 80% blacks, is pulling the race card." :applause:
Both of you do know the nba is the only league with a league-wide dress code right? It's the same league that white people will say they don't watch NBA because they are overpaid thugs, but they love college because of the competitiveness, but don't mention all the white dudes that are on the court.

kuruption said:
This is ignorance at it's finest. So I'm not a real n*gga if I don't think this wasn't racially motivated?
If you couldnt see the racism in some of the backlash then yea you arent a real n*gga.

Look at Josh Hamilton, this dude is a fukkin addict and white writers love talking about his f!ght to get back to baseball. Last week they wanted the Jets to release Braylon Edwards for a DUI to "send a message" are u serious???? Nobody was asking for Jared Allen to get cut or getting on him when they had him on tape about to f!ght dude at the bar.
 7 years ago '07        #166
Avon_Barksdale 4343 heat pts4343
space
space
$42,466 | Props total: 55982 55982
I don't think race had anything to do with it, as soon as the Cavs go put out the playoff that's when Lebron should have said he was gonna leave but he want to make his free angecy a event.

It didn't take Amare and Boozer that long to pick where they where goona play next season but Lebron wanted to keep people/the city of Cleveland waiting and ended up making them look like fools after it.

I think Lebron already knew he was gonna team up with Wade and Bosh a LONG time ago but that's just me.
 7 years ago '09        #167
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
 7 years ago '04        #168
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
explain son. because he was making the point that we have the power in numbers, and the truth is we dont. i understand saying we are stonger united, which of course is true, but to say we have the power in number is wrong. hell we arent even the second largest minority anymore. so whats the ignorance about dude?
 7 years ago '05        #169
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
LeBron James. SHUT THE f**k UP!!!
 7 years ago '08        #170
AxelFoley 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,187 | Props total: 1233 1233
So no one else got a slave owner vibe from Dan Gilbert's letter?
 09-30-2010, 05:04 PM         #171
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
explain son. because he was making the point that we have the power in numbers, and the truth is we dont. i understand saying we are stonger united, which of course is true, but to say we have the power in number is wrong. hell we arent even the second largest minority anymore. so whats the ignorance about dude?

of course there is power in numbers for any minority....when black people unite,and raise their voice there is power there....the problem isn't a lack of power,the problem is a lack of UTILIZING the power properly.....

however i was disgusted at what you said black people only have power in...ghettos,sports,and prisons?....that s**t sounded like a comic strip relief in the back of a ku klux klan pamphlet...
 7 years ago '06        #172
kingchicagobud 
space
space
$223 | Props total: 0 0
 L-E-Dub b**ch said:
lebron takes the L for this

race was not the issue

it was his attention whoring
 7 years ago '09        #173
space
space
 Nautilus O said:
Nike put that up not Cleveland....

And this is my exact point, who did he betray? n*ggas from cleveland don't own that damn team. I grew up on the Jersey side of Philly and for 7 or 8 years everytime I crossed the bridge I saw a giant azz mural of Allen Iverson doing his crossover, we had unbelievable amounts of love for AI, but when it was all said and done the sixers traded his azz for a pack of crayons and a blow pop, and he gave his body to that front office and that's how they did him. It's business, you falling in love with a player is your own fault.

Both of you do know the nba is the only league with a league-wide dress code right? It's the same league that white people will say they don't watch NBA because they are overpaid thugs, but they love college because of the competitiveness, but don't mention all the white dudes that are on the court.

If you couldnt see the racism in some of the backlash then yea you arent a real n*gga.

Look at Josh Hamilton, this dude is a fukkin addict and white writers love talking about his f!ght to get back to baseball. Last week they wanted the Jets to release Braylon Edwards for a DUI to "send a message" are u serious???? Nobody was asking for Jared Allen to get cut or getting on him when they had him on tape about to f!ght dude at the bar.
my man pretty much just ended the thread
 09-30-2010, 05:19 PM         #174
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
part of it was...

only somebody naive would think not
 7 years ago '04        #175
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
 HotepSuns said:
of course there is power in numbers for any minority....when black people unite,and raise their voice there is power there....the problem isn't a lack of power,the problem is a lack of UTILIZING the power properly.....

however i was disgusted at what you said black people only have power in...ghettos,sports,and prisons?....that s**t sounded like a comic strip relief in the back of a ku klux klan pamphlet...
lol. i sorta agree with the words of his statement but not necessarily the context of it in its relevance to lebron james. ignoring the impact of race on contemporary culture, even from our athletes, only serves to perpetuate the problem. he also said we have to stand up for more than just a color. but that implies that we are blowing hot air and calling racism when its not present. that isnt the case. we are constantly racialized in economics, law (prison), sterotype, etc. i feel it everyday being on campus and just living in general and its crazy.

as for what i said you took offense to something that wasnt meant to be an insult. give me a sector of society where blacks exert a power influence over another race. power as in politics, education, media (in terms of puttin out the proper images of ourselves,etc) where? we are probably the most destabilized of all the minority groups and thats indisputable. that all was sayin
 7 years ago '04        #176
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 7 years ago '05        #177
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 AxelFoley said:
So no one else got a slave owner vibe from Dan Gilbert's letter?
No I got the Employer Vibe from Dan Gilbert, slaves dont get paid.. LeBron is FAAAAAAAR from a slave
 09-30-2010, 05:32 PM         #178
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me first say that this thread is evidence that some of us as black people are enclosed in manipulation and propaganda. There is no such thing as a "race card", it was a term invented by white people who are uncomfortable TALKING about racism in this country. You ever notice how the "race card" is the only card that is ever talked about. No other cards are even taken out of the deck. Why is that? Both racist and non racist white people use it to flat out denie that racism is a coherent factor in a particuliar story or topic that happens to deal with race. But the manipulation part of it is that some blacks even use it, which is ridiculous to me, because it was a term that they invented and yet we use with authority. For example, I've seen posts on this story on other forums and they all start like this, "I'm black, I'm tired of us using the race card all the time." WTF I don't even think any black person knows what they are saying when they use that word. But that's what propaganda is, you're ignorant to fact of what you don't know or understand, so when something else is coined or phrased a certain way it becomes the norm.

But as far as the Lebron thing he's absolutely right. Race is a factor. And I really hope that some of you idiots read what he said, he said it's factor, not "All white people hate me because I'm black." There are numerous studies that show that race plays a role in how people are perceived(everyday citizens, celebrities, athletes). And all these supposed posters who say their black (probably lying like s**t) who say, "Lebron is a b**ch, this s**t ain't got nothing to do with race", they need to shut the f**k up because he never said it was dominant reason for the hatred. I give Lebron props because he could have gave a PC answer and he didn't, he stood his ground and didn't retreat.
 09-30-2010, 05:35 PM         #179
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
lol. i sorta agree with the words of his statement but not necessarily the context of it in its relevance to lebron james. ignoring the impact of race on contemporary culture, even from our athletes, only serves to perpetuate the problem. he also said we have to stand up for more than just a color. but that implies that we are blowing hot air and calling racism when its not present. that isnt the case. we are constantly racialized in economics, law (prison), sterotype, etc. i feel it everyday being on campus and just living in general and its crazy.

as for what i said you took offense to something that wasnt meant to be an insult. give me a sector of society where blacks exert a power influence over another race. power as in politics, education, media (in terms of puttin out the proper images of ourselves,etc) where? we are probably the most destabilized of all the minority groups and thats indisputable. that all was sayin

the racial component will always be there...this is america....the root of racism...this country was founded on racism....racism is one of the founding principals of american culture....so yes inevitably we will continue to see it permeate each succeeding generation...but to point out the obvious when there are bigger factors that constitute a problem only creates a bigger problem,and takes us away from the reality of the situation,to create perception....lebron handled this situation ALL WRONG..it's real simple....and when black men handle situations wrong in this country there will always be that undertone of racist reactions to exaggerte it...but at the same time....it is what it is here...

it's not about exerting power over another race...black people have shown power in numbers that have created change in this country for generation upon generations....including many things that happen on a local level everyday...for you to ignore that,and try to sum up black power as only being effective in the ghettos,sports,and prisons is ignorant at the least,and house ******ish at the most...

i'd say you need to take some time to do some research on the many things that black people have come together in this country on,and made a difference through a united front...exerting this power that you claim only comes through 3 places...
 7 years ago '04        #180
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert is one of only two owners Clay Bennett (Seattle Sonics/Okla. Thunder) went to for advice and support. Bennett moved the Seattle Sonics to Oklahoma on votes Dan Gilbert and others casted. Dan Gilbert stated then, "Clay has done a remarkable job of transitioning the team to Oklahoma City," Gilbert said. "He faced very difficult circumstances and met them head-on. Clay has done what is best for the franchise," not the city of Seattle or the fans that supported that franchise for over 40 years, Gilbert went on to say, "and I admire him for it. Oklahoma City is fortunate to have Clay leading the Thunder charge, and he's fortunate to have such great fan and civic support."..... And now when LBJ does what is best for him he gets a loyalty lecture from this same Dan Gilbert.

And this is what y'all defend. I think I can rest my case on this.

I like to reignite fuses. The Irony.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy