LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-30-2010, 03:01 PM         #121
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man race ain't have s**t to do with the reaction to "the decision"....it just boils down to the fact that for the entire summer there was an EVERY DAY report on will he do this,will he do that...they were even reporting about the rumors on major news outlets.....you couldn't escape the s**t,and it had snowballed into this epic like event....and then when bron said he was going to do an hour long tv show to announce his decision it threw people off even more.....it's like it became the biggest ego stroking event EVER...and of course that was going to turn people off....however these are the 3 things that bron just needs to accept as the MAJOR factors about why this blew up in his face....

1. He got on national television,and told the world he was leaving cleveland his hometown state,the franchise that wasn't s**t before him,and won't be s**t after him,the place where he was saving the economy,the place where they put a ton into the kid....to celebrate going to MIAMI with another top 3 player in the league,and one of the best pf's in the league....it doesn't matter that he was doing it for the "boys,and girls club"....you can't pull the hearts out of an entire state,and than say "but i'm doing it for the kids" and expect people to not be INTENSELY angry....that's the thought process of an inexpierenced child,and maverick carter should take ALL the blame for allowing his client to do such a retarded thing..

2. He went to MIAMI with dwyane wade a top 3 player in the league,and chris bosh a top 3 pf in the league...going to a percieved "stacked" team,and k!lling the competition angle in the nba ALSO turned a ton of people off.....chicago had gotten boozer,and half of the utah jazz squad....miami had wade,and bosh....atlanta had re-signed joe johnson.....had bron signed to new york,or the clippers,or anywhere other than miami this wouldn't have been deemed a big deal....but because he didn't go the "alpha dog" way....this turned a lot of basketball fans off...

3. the actual show was so corny,and retarded it just added insult to injury after he announced his actual decision....and it was like every second more he was on tv after that just kept making it worse,and worse,and worse.....so you take the build up of the entire summer of all that s**t coming down to that one hour show...which ended up being about 48 minutes of pure nonsense,and embarassment for the city of cleveland,and for lebron himself....the s**t was inevitably going to snowball on him as far as reaction goes....

now how far people took it may be race inspired for some....but that's in everything.....however the major reasons for this being as big as it's gotten sits squarely on lebron,and his teams shoulders....
 7 years ago '04        #122
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 KeepinItTrill said:
yea but who cares

me being white makes my perspective invalid right?

Your perspective on this particular subject is invalid, you could never understand, just like I don't understand sun burns and what is so tasty about cottage cheese, or whatever other issues Caucasian feel as though they are dealing with, so I don't speak on them.
 7 years ago '05        #123
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
Wow, people really agree with Lebron? Jesse, is that you?
 7 years ago '05        #124
GaryIn'75 1 heat pts
space
space
$731 | Props total: 10 10
 Nautilus O said:
As least one real n*gga posted in this thread

If this was Dirk Nowitski or Steve Nash people would have been like oh it was great TV and way to go raising money for the kids

Let a black man do it and he's attention whoring, they did the same the to kobe when he went on the radio When's the last time somebody called Donald Trump an attention wh0ore? But Diddy's a **** right??

But its ok for eli manning, roger clemens, and brett farve to stunt on teams openly in public, I aint see no Q rating reports then. Nobody was on tv burning Johnny Damon's jersey

Racism still alive, ya'll just be concealing it.

:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 7 years ago '10        #125
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,166 | Props total: 8201 8201
 HotepSuns said:
man race ain't have s**t to do with the reaction to "the decision"....it just boils down to the fact that for the entire summer there was an EVERY DAY report on will he do this,will he do that...they were even reporting about the rumors on major news outlets.....you couldn't escape the s**t,and it had snowballed into this epic like event....and then when bron said he was going to do an hour long tv show to announce his decision it threw people off even more.....it's like it became the biggest ego stroking event EVER...and of course that was going to turn people off....however these are the 3 things that bron just needs to accept as the MAJOR factors about why this blew up in his face....

1. He got on national television,and told the world he was leaving cleveland his hometown state,the franchise that wasn't s**t before him,and won't be s**t after him,the place where he was saving the economy,the place where they put a ton into the kid....to celebrate going to MIAMI with another top 3 player in the league,and one of the best pf's in the league....it doesn't matter that he was doing it for the "boys,and girls club"....you can't pull the hearts out of an entire state,and than say "but i'm doing it for the kids" and expect people to not be INTENSELY angry....that's the thought process of an inexpierenced child,and maverick carter should take ALL the blame for allowing his client to do such a retarded thing..

2. He went to MIAMI with dwyane wade a top 3 player in the league,and chris bosh a top 3 pf in the league...going to a percieved "stacked" team,and k!lling the competition angle in the nba ALSO turned a ton of people off.....chicago had gotten boozer,and half of the utah jazz squad....miami had wade,and bosh....atlanta had re-signed joe johnson.....had bron signed to new york,or the clippers,or anywhere other than miami this wouldn't have been deemed a big deal....but because he didn't go the "alpha dog" way....this turned a lot of basketball fans off...

3. the actual show was so corny,and retarded it just added insult to injury after he announced his actual decision....and it was like every second more he was on tv after that just kept making it worse,and worse,and worse.....so you take the build up of the entire summer of all that s**t coming down to that one hour show...which ended up being about 48 minutes of pure nonsense,and embarassment for the city of cleveland,and for lebron himself....the s**t was inevitably going to snowball on him as far as reaction goes....

now how far people took it may be race inspired for some....but that's in everything.....however the major reasons for this being as big as it's gotten sits squarely on lebron,and his teams shoulders....
Didn't read after first sentece....

It lasted 2 weeks.....
 7 years ago '05        #126
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
Yes, if some self-absorbed white athlete from Mississippi held his career decision over the fanbase's head no one would utter a word.

Shame on yall n*ggas defending LBJ.
 7 years ago '10        #127
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,166 | Props total: 8201 8201
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Your perspective on this particular subject is invalid, you could never understand, just like I don't understand sun burns and what is so tasty about cottage cheese, or whatever other issues Caucasian feel as though they are dealing with, so I don't speak on them.

yooo this n*gga and the cottage cheese be k!lling me everytime, I still randomly laugh at the one post you had about white people eating "cottage cheese salad with Bacon Bits".

Man I need to break some bread with Hustla, this dude been heating BX up lately
 7 years ago '08        #128
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
unless lebron has a noose around his neck, white people are gonna go into liar mode. i'm not even about to waste my time going back & forth on this s**t
 7 years ago '05        #129
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 346 346
 Nautilus O said:
You should be aware that racism played a major part with Lebron. You are dumb as fukk cause you are saying we are crying about racism cause we recognize it and you dont.
Are u f**kin serious.

Im pretty sure it had to do with him betraying an entire STATE than him being black. They had his f**kin mural on a f**kin big a.ss wall for f**ks sake.

[pic - click to view]

It's like MJ talking betraying Chicaco after them putting up a statue of him.

Please.
 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM         #130
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
like i said before, I'm not racist and I thought it was wrong how he went about leaving. I'm sure there are racists who didn't like him before and are using this as an excuse to hate him more. But to act like any criticism is based on racism or to act like you know how all white people think about the situation is wrong.

Honestly I don;t even understand how someone could be racist and like sports.
 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM         #131
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmao. that n*gga winning. 100+ reponses on a hip hop blog.
 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM         #132
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nautilus O said:
Didn't read after first sentece....

It lasted 2 weeks.....
@2 weeks...they started reporting/speculating on his "decision" the day he got ousted by the celtics...quit trying to make up bloodclot excuses...
 7 years ago '04        #133
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 787 787
 MadGam325 said:
Wow, people really agree with Lebron? Jesse, is that you?
Seriously. But it's boxden so I'm not surprised
 7 years ago '04        #134
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 Nautilus O said:

yooo this n*gga and the cottage cheese be k!lling me everytime, I still randomly laugh at the one post you had about white people eating "cottage cheese salad with Bacon Bits".

Man I need to break some bread with Hustla, this dude been heating BX up lately

, Nall I always say that s**t because this one white girl I use to mess with when I was younger, she use to eat that s**t straight out the thing with a spoon no crackers or nothing, and I had never even seen that s**t in my house before so I know that's a white thing just like maybe chitterlings is our thing. But she was so cool, I love white girls cause they so cool and they just be chillin they might call you to talk about nothing sometimes but that's ok. I don't have nothing against white folks I done f**ked with a bunch of white girls, but a spade is a spade an we must call this s**t what it is no matter what.
 7 years ago '05        #135
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,346 | Props total: 346 346
i cant believe anyone in the NBA, consisting of 80% blacks, is pulling the race card.

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #136
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
BesRolldLz ------------------------- Sorry,I Had To Use This
[pic - click to view]

For This Thread
 7 years ago '09        #137
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
"i cant believe anyone in the NBA, consisting of 80% blacks, is pulling the race card." :applause:
 7 years ago '08        #138
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$19,057 | Props total: 4834 4834
 SyDuck said:
Are u f**kin serious.

Im pretty sure it had to do with him betraying an entire STATE than him being black. They had his f**kin mural on a f**kin big a.ss wall for f**ks sake.

[pic - click to view]

Please.
Betrayed?

Did he not finish out his contract?
 7 years ago '10        #139
Marcus Aurelius 49 heat pts49
space
space
$7,900 | Props total: 3973 3973
Wow this s**t is stupid. I hate when people make stupid a.ssumptions from random statistics...maybe the black people are neutral BECAUSE Lebron is black? You don't know. People are really surprised that the average white person dislikes a showboating, classless a**hole more than the average black person? Do you live under a rock? It's two different cultures that value slightly different things.

My favorite basketball players are black. My favorite football players are black. My favorite musicians are black. I like Lebron when he first came in the league but now I dislike him because just when you think he can't be any more of a douche bag, he does something worse than the last s**t.
 7 years ago '08        #140
HiphopRelated 
space
space
$1,098 | Props total: 1 1
 SyDuck said:
Are u f**kin serious.

[pic - click to view]

Please.
Betrayed Cleveland my a.ss, nobody gives 2 sh1ts about Cleveland that doesn't live in Cleveland

Don't pull that Cleveland sh1t when people were perfectly happy deluding themselves that he was going to the sh1tty Knicks
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago