LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision

most viewed right now
 92
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
70 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 91
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
55 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 69
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #61
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
LEBRON PULLING THE RACE CARD???


did he forget the entire rest of the nba is black too??

 09-30-2010, 12:05 PM         #62
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you don't think race played a role in the backlash you're a f**king idiot. And Favre went on TV twice and said he was retiring and then came back(Interview with Ed Werder, and the infamous Packer press conference). This past off season he had a long drawn out process thats costing the team right now.

The top 6 hated athletes in America were black. Kobe Bryant is more hated then Roethlisberger. Why is that? Roethlisberger got accused of r*pe twice, Kobe only once.

Not to mention the difference between the reaction of steroid use by Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.
 7 years ago '04        #63
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,708 | Props total: 1491 1491
 LovinPavan said:
what a pair of idiots. this guy is the most dislikable player in nba history.

no that honor gpes tp the rapist
 09-30-2010, 12:08 PM         #64
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MAKAVELI2199 said:
LEBRON PULLING THE RACE CARD???


did he forget the entire rest of the nba is black too??

of course. Why do you think the NBA has an image problem, why they are considered thugs? The NFL has more off the field incidents than the NBA. It's because the white QBs are the face of the league.
 7 years ago '07        #65
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 Pichito25 said:
cut the bulls**t!!! no one was crying racism when he got all of the positive press and praise!!!!
they are outta control
 7 years ago '09        #66
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26

[pic - click to view]



dude is using it like the get out of jail free card in monopoly lol, race had nothing at all to do with, it was him being an attention wh0ore
 7 years ago '10        #67
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,183 | Props total: 8307 8307
 smokeweed101. said:
These people are so bitter and pathetic, they don't realize they set us back far more than they help us.

Can't demand fair treatment when you hold grudge against a race yourselves.
I have no issue with white people, I have some really good friends that are white, but I already know that Black athletes and people are looked at differently than white athletes and people. I don't have a grudge, I wasn't mad at Bron and I wasn't mad at Brett either.

If you don't think race played a part in this, you are either white or ignoring it completely
 7 years ago '05        #68
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 Youngin19 said:
if you don't think race played a role in the backlash you're a f**king idiot. And Favre went on TV twice and said he was retiring and then came back(Interview with Ed Werder, and the infamous Packer press conference). This past off season he had a long drawn out process thats costing the team right now.

The top 6 hated athletes in America were black. Kobe Bryant is more hated then Roethlisberger. Why is that? Roethlisberger got accused of r*pe twice, Kobe only once.

Not to mention the difference between the reaction of steroid use by Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.
The common denominator is ego..not race. I'm not gonna say race wasn't an issue at all but the reason kobe and bron are hated had a lot to do with how unlikeable their personalities are before their "situations." If ray allen caught a case, he wouldn't get anywhere as much hate as kobe even tho they're both black. Charles barkely did some questionable things and has said some questionable things, but is one of the most loved sports figures. The thing with lebron was that he took a giant s**t on the his home state on national television and basically sounded like an a**hole in doing so when he said "I'm taking my talents to south beach."

But this whole thing is funny tho, cuz I usually see white dudes d!ck riding bron more so than n*ggas anyways.
 7 years ago '07        #69
sleep23rd 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,829 | Props total: 333 333
y the n*ggaz cursing so much seem the maddest in this thread? ...how does this effect ur life?...tell us how yall really feel....if thats how lebron and his camp feels, thats how they feel...y people getting emo?
 7 years ago '04        #70
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 789 789
 Nautilus O said:
As least one real n*gga posted in this thread

If this was Dirk Nowitski or Steve Nash people would have been like oh it was great TV and way to go raising money for the kids

Let a black man do it and he's attention whoring, they did the same the to kobe when he went on the radio When's the last time somebody called Donald Trump an attention wh0ore? But Diddy's a **** right??

But its ok for eli manning, roger clemens, and brett farve to stunt on teams openly in public, I aint see no Q rating reports then. Nobody was on tv burning Johnny Damon's jersey

Racism still alive, ya'll just be concealing it.
Oh please. Lebron is an egotistical scumbag, steve nash and dirk nowitski are not...at least not that we know of. "The Decision" is the only reason people hate lebron now. If he wouldn't have pulled that b**ch move and just signed with Miami quietly no one would even still be talking about this.
 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM         #71
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nautilus O said:
I have no issue with white people, I have some really good friends that are white, but I already know that Black athletes and people are looked at differently than white athletes and people. I don't have a grudge, I wasn't mad at Bron and I wasn't mad at Brett either.

If you don't think race played a part in this, you are either white or ignoring it completely
I can only speak for myself, and race had nothing to do with it. Yes I'm white but I'm not naive, race plays a factor in many situations. I was one of the first people to be upset at espn not reporting big bens first r*pe allegation while also reporting on the one against Shannon Brown. Race wasn't a factor in this situation, simple as that. I blame Lebron's manager for this all of this, the guy keeps f**king up.
 09-30-2010, 12:30 PM         #72
Youngin19 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rubix said:
The common denominator is ego..not race. I'm not gonna say race wasn't an issue at all but the reason kobe and bron are hated had a lot to do with how unlikeable their personalities are before their "situations." If ray allen caught a case, he wouldn't get anywhere as much hate as kobe even tho they're both black. Charles barkely did some questionable things and has said some questionable things, but is one of the most loved sports figures. The thing with lebron was that he took a giant s**t on the his home state on national television and basically sounded like an a**hole in doing so when he said "I'm taking my talents to south beach."

But this whole thing is funny tho, cuz I usually see white dudes d!ck riding bron more so than n*ggas anyways.
Brett Favre has a huge ego, not to mention him disobeying his coach and not wanting to come off the fied. When Carmelo did that he was slaughtered. No there is clearly a race factor. LeBron also donated 3 million to charity so k!ll that noise. Make up your f**king mind, first LeBron has a big ego, but then in a next breath you will called him a sidekick. What egomaniac would want to share the spotlight?
 7 years ago '05        #73
Woodwin 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,918 | Props total: 1489 1489
Why n*ggas mad at bron when he raie $3 MILLION dollars?
 7 years ago '05        #74
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 Youngin19 said:
Brett Favre has a huge ego, not to mention him disobeying his coach and not wanting to come off the fied. When Carmelo did that he was slaughtered. No there is clearly a race factor. LeBron also donated 3 million to charity so k!ll that noise. Make up your f**king mind, first LeBron has a big ego, but then in a next breath you will called him a sidekick. What egomaniac would want to share the spotlight?
When did I ever call him a sidekick? Stfu kid.
 7 years ago '05        #75
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
Listen, anytime somebody acts like an a**hole, they're gonna get heat. This hate for bron was already stewing..the whole referring to himself in the third person, the whole "I spoil people with my play", the whole "check my stats," regular season hero, the dancing during games, clowning fans in rochester during a preseason game by pretending to go into the game and then when the crowd cheered he laughed and sat back down, and basically getting crowned without doing jack s**t yet turned a lot of people off about him and anybody who was previously on the fence about him just hopped over to the "hate" side. Personally I couldn't give a f**k less about who likes him or hates him like some groupie a.ss n*ggas in this thread but I'm just telling it like I see it.
 09-30-2010, 12:42 PM         #76
WestSide22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Youngin19 said:
Brett Favre has a huge ego, not to mention him disobeying his coach and not wanting to come off the fied. When Carmelo did that he was slaughtered. No there is clearly a race factor. LeBron also donated 3 million to charity so k!ll that noise. Make up your f**king mind, first LeBron has a big ego, but then in a next breath you will called him a sidekick. What egomaniac would want to share the spotlight?
Brett Favre is not liked, I don't know where you get that from. People are sick of hearing about him and he was definitely blasted for his egomaniac ways over the past summers.
 7 years ago '04        #77
DERRTY CHYBO 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$11,717 | Props total: 789 789
 Rubix said:
Listen, anytime somebody acts like an a**hole, they're gonna get heat. This hate for bron was already stewing..the whole referring to himself in the third person, the whole "I spoil people with my play", the whole "check my stats," regular season hero, the dancing during games, clowning fans in rochester during a preseason game by pretending to go into the game and then when the crowd cheered he laughed and sat back down, and basically getting crowned without doing jack s**t yet turned a lot of people off about him and anybody who was previously on the fence about him just hopped over to the "hate" side. Personally I couldn't give a f**k less about who likes him or hates him like some groupie a.ss n*ggas in this thread but I'm just telling it like I see it.
 7 years ago '08        #78
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
avatar space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 Nautilus O said:
As least one real n*gga posted in this thread

If this was Dirk Nowitski or Steve Nash people would have been like oh it was great TV and way to go raising money for the kids

Let a black man do it and he's attention whoring, they did the same the to kobe when he went on the radio When's the last time somebody called Donald Trump an attention wh0ore? But Diddy's a **** right??

But its ok for eli manning, roger clemens, and brett farve to stunt on teams openly in public, I aint see no Q rating reports then. Nobody was on tv burning Johnny Damon's jersey

Racism still alive, ya'll just be concealing it.
:a greement1:
 7 years ago '07        #79
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
avatar space
space
$49,271 | Props total: 15131 15131
 Nautilus O said:
I have no issue with white people, I have some really good friends that are white, but I already know that Black athletes and people are looked at differently than white athletes and people. I don't have a grudge, I wasn't mad at Bron and I wasn't mad at Brett either.

If you don't think race played a part in this, you are either white or ignoring it completely
in this case it didn't

this has everything to do with Bron failing to deliver on promises he himself made, and then jetting down to Miami to form a super-trio with Bosh n Wade. I agree with you that black athletes n black folks in general get ridiculed more for s**t than whites (most of the time) but in this case it isn't about race. It's about ego's and failed promises, and pulling a ho move by abandoning the ppl that supported you from jump street.
 7 years ago '05        #80
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
avatar space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 Nautilus O said:
As least one real n*gga posted in this thread

If this was Dirk Nowitski or Steve Nash people would have been like oh it was great TV and way to go raising money for the kids

Let a black man do it and he's attention whoring, they did the same the to kobe when he went on the radio When's the last time somebody called Donald Trump an attention wh0ore? But Diddy's a **** right??

But its ok for eli manning, roger clemens, and brett farve to stunt on teams openly in public, I aint see no Q rating reports then. Nobody was on tv burning Johnny Damon's jersey

Racism still alive, ya'll just be concealing it.
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
The real gone recognize, and the fake and dishonest just gone do what they do.It could not have been put any better then the way you put it. Salute Homie.
 fmoney88 said:
race did play a role. Bret Favre gets no hate for the team hoping he does because hes white. Ben Rothlesberger is not getting any heat from the news or fans cause hes white.


Race has alot to do with the way white america responds to things an athlete does. If Michael Vick was white, he would not have gotten nearly as much hate as he did and still does now.
these two ppl are on point lol @ some of u dumb f**ks who think race has nothing to do with it lol ha ha race is everything man period its always cool to hate on the young rich black stars man they build u up to tear u down even more just for entertinment value. No one goes in on bret favre and eil like they do blk stars t.o cant even take a p!ss without it been talked about bret favre held his team by gun point for the whole damn summer now the whole team is in trouble and no one cares. Yea they say s**t here and there but they act like its no big deal.

VICK IS PLAYING GREAT BUT THEY ALWAYS LOVE TO BRING UP THE DOG s**t WITH EVERY GOOD THING THEY SAY ABOUT HIM THEY HIT HIM WITH SOME BAD RITE AFTER. yET NO ONE SAYS s**t ABOUT BILL COACH FROM THE PATS NEVER BRING UP THE CHEATING JUST SAYS HE'S A GREAT COACH HELL THEY EVEN GET MAD WHEN U DO BRING IT UP. SO U CANT TALK ABOUT THAT BUT WHEN U BRING UP VICK U CAN TALK ABOUT DOGS WHEN THEY BRING UP KOBE U WANNA TALK r*pe UMMM I WONDER WHY s**t NEVER WILL CHANGE
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 44
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
vida guerra
83 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 27
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 24
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy