Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
147 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
266 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
145 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
101 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM         #341
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kaliz ChamP said:

Ill entertain this once I'm doing watching this movie
So your response is, oh trust everybody was mad, but because the internet wasn't around there's no proof?

I was around when Shaq went to the Lakers...

I remember it very vividly as my Cousin was a Huge Penny Hardaway Stan...

Nobody was mad at Shaq... Except Magic Fans. And even that was luke warm.

There was No Outrage. No Anger. No Nothing...

Most people we actually excited to see what Shaq was gonna do out in LA.

This is fact.
 7 years ago '04        #342
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,099 | Props total: 4109 4109
 Hold That said:
I think people are looking too much into it.. I think to a certain degree race does play a role in some cases, but I don't think LeBron was saying that race was the ONLY factor in his backlash.. But to some degree I think it did play a role in some of the negativity he received.. Lets be honest, the average NBA season ticket holder is a middle age white man.. Most white people or white america in general do not like seeing c*cky rich young black men.. They want you too be humble, period point blank.. It's not a bad thing, but I don't think anyone can deny, that white America truly despises young,cocky, rich black males, and any chance they get to s**t on them they will.. Race plays a factor and it'll always be there, but I don't think it was the MAIN reason for the backlash, and I'm sure LeBron doesn't believe it also.. he was merely answering a question, in a way that he was set up for failure by answering truthfully.

LeBron didn't bring in the race card he was ASKED if he thought it played a factor.. Why would the reporter ask a question like that if someone wouldn't believe it was somewhat true? Thats another example of how race does play a factor, the media always want to portray blacks as whiney and constantly playing the race card.. Like I said LeBron was set up for failure with this one.. He didn't just come out and say, "race played a role" without having being asked the question first.. LeBron isn't that smart of a guy when it comes to certain media things, but at the same time the media is doing it's best to set this n*gga up and help tarnish his image.
Um, sorry, I'm not going to take that argument. This league has been full of c*cky blacks for some time. MJ was one of the c*ckiest b**ches ever. Gary Payton, Sam Cassell, Rajon Rondo, Charles Barkley, John Starks, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, etc. This league was built on c*cky black players.
 7 years ago '04        #343
space
space
 wandering2121 said:
Can I ask you question? How does an individual as dumb as yourself function in society? Mj, Barkley, and other former players who criticizied Lebron have done it because they feel that it wasn't what they would have done. In other words it was about being competitive. Your idiocy is amazing.
And LeBron feels the criticism comes from racism. Those guys criticized him. Are you seriously not seeing how the dots connect here?

7 years ago '04        #344
space
space
 Kaliz ChamP said:

Ill entertain this once I'm doing watching this movie
You do realize there was ESPN and sports outlets all around the world then, right? Only people who were filled with "hate" were Orlando fans. And Shaq was considered one of the top 5 premier players back then.

If you look purely at the situations, with no talk involved, Shaq pulled a bigger "F U" move. But the thing is, he didn't go to ESPN, about a few miles out of their headquarters to s**t on the Magic on the way out. He just said, he always wanted to go to LA, they provided him with great opportunity, and he wanted to do his other business ventures there.

FACT: If LeBron didn't have a stupid 1 hour tv show and simply said, "I decided to play with the Heat. I have two very great friends there who presented the chance to play every night, just as friends do on basketball courts all across America. It's not about money, it's about playing with your guys and trying to win championships with your friends.", people would had mad love for LeBron and I don't even think Cleveland would've hated on him all that much. And if he would've told Cleveland before this whole special thing, it would've been even better. Instead, we're here arguing about racial motivation because he won't take responsibility in anything.
 7 years ago '04        #345
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,690 | Props total: 533 533
 Illstreet said:
So your response is, oh trust everybody was mad, but because the internet wasn't around there's no proof?

I was around when Shaq went to the Lakers...

I remember it very vividly as my Cousin was a Huge Penny Hardaway Stan...

Nobody was mad at Shaq... Except Magic Fans. And even that was luke warm.

There was No Outrage. No Anger. No Nothing...

Most people we actually excited to see what Shaq was gonna do out in LA.

This is fact.
Shawshank Redemption is a good movie by the way.

I'm not even going to bring up the fact that the internet is around.. media has given people more access to players more than ever. Technology hahaahah come on man, we are in a age where I can make a song and video called "Lebron LeBron, he is not the one" and it will go virus that evening.. so to say people weren't mad at Shaq is saying everyone is mad at Lebron...

But don't be niave and say the way athletes are covered today is the same as it was in 96.. and I grew up in Cali an hour outside L.A... how Lebron was accepted in Miama is the same way Shaq was accepted in L.A.. only thing is the media in Cali was viewing how people felt in Orlando.. and definently not the extent of how media showed folks in Cleveland...

And like you and other folks said, your just one person so how are you going to speak for entire organization fanbase... chalk up media polls and bias questions the fan is asked these days one would be surprised how Oralndo actually felt from being a title contender one year to just getting into the playoffs the next because their top five player in the league left via free agency... be honest with yourself
 7 years ago '04        #346
space
space
 Kaliz ChamP said:

I'm not even going to bring up the fact that the internet is around.. media has given people more access to players more than ever. Technology hahaahah come on man, we are in a age where I can make a song and video called "Lebron LeBron, he is not the one" and it will go virus that evening.. so to say people weren't mad at Shaq is saying everyone is mad at Lebron...

But don't be niave and say the way athletes are covered today is the same as it was in 96.. and I grew up in Cali an hour outside L.A... how Lebron was accepted in Miama is the same way Shaq was accepted in L.A.. only thing is the media in Cali was viewing how people felt in Orlando.. and definently not the extent of how media showed folks in Cleveland...

And like you and other folks said, your just one person so how are you going to speak for entire organization fanbase... chalk up media polls and bias questions the fan is asked these days one would be surprised how Oralndo actually felt from being a title contender one year to just getting into the playoffs the next because their top five player in the league left via free agency... be honest with yourself

If 20 people on BX said it, you would say "You're just 20 people on BX" and so on and so forth.
 10-01-2010, 12:04 PM         #347
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kaliz ChamP said:

It's a Great Movie...

And I feel what you are saying about how technology has changed, and everything... But that's a cop out.

That argument is made to put some sort of cloud over the reality of things. It's like saying "Well, if we had DNA back then, we'd easily be able to tell who Jack The Ripper was"... Or if I knew ole girl was gonna grow up to be so bangin, I woulda been friends with her in 5th Grage... Or whatever else.

The fact is, there was No Outrage, No Anger, No Nothing towards Shaq by the overall American Public for going to play for the Lakers at the time. As a matter of fact, Shaq only became more popular, to the point of Film Companies making Kids movies with him, etc... Dude's popularity only got bigger.

That's the facts.
 10-01-2010, 12:07 PM         #348
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People Viewing This Topic: 9 (6 members and 3 guests)

Illstreet, Maroon_Tiger, wheezyfbaby, M.C.daHUSTLA

^^^Fam, you've been in here trying to formulate and type a response to my post for over an hour now.

That's just sad.

Consider it deaded.
 10-01-2010, 12:09 PM         #349
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
the fact that americans over-do it when it comes to supporting athletes... people dont know how to be a fan anymore these days... they're mostly stans
Did you look in the mirror yet?
 7 years ago '04        #350
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
at least lebron had the balls to say it... we all know that race does play a factor..

look at barry bonds vs roger clemens... or t.o. vs. brett favre

race isnt the reason why he got hated... people just love to hate on phenoms... if lebron didnt get all the media attention since hs, people wouldnt hate him... and i think thats a garbage reason to hate someone b/c lebron didnt do anything except play like a beast to get that media attention...

so after thinking about it... I DO THINK THAT RACE PLAYED A FACTOR... b/c lebron isnt a c*cky guy(aside from on the court c*ckiness)... hes not a jerk, hes a clean cut guy...

if arod did this, people would hate on him, but most of that is b/c hes a very hateable guy...

the biggest reason for the lebron hate is that americans love to see people down for the count... and love to hate on the most talented people who havent become champions yet... and the fact that americans over-do it when it comes to supporting athletes... people dont know how to be a fan anymore these days... they're mostly stans
LeBron isn't c*cky? Hah. Are we talking about the same LeBron who got "Chosen1" tatted on his back and called himself King James in high school and refers to himself and talents in third person?

[pic - click to view]

CHILD PLEASE
 10-01-2010, 12:11 PM         #351
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nitetrain8601 said:
And LeBron feels the criticism comes from racism. Those guys criticized him. Are you seriously not seeing how the dots connect here?

Are you serious?
 10-01-2010, 12:13 PM         #352
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Illstreet said:
You don't have an answer...

And all of that s**t that you typed in this thread is now null and void.

Major Loss.
You can't think logically so you lossed. b**ch.
 10-01-2010, 12:14 PM         #353
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
yeah i have... and im not one...im a fan of the nba and a fan of many players including lebron...

lebron is not a perfect person.. and my actual life is not affected by what lebron does in his life
So stop defending his dumbass comments.
 7 years ago '04        #354
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
if shaq was drafted in 2003 and left in 2010 and was a beast in hs and a #1 pick in the draft, a 2 time mvp and the best player in the league for the previous 2-3 years and beasted his entire first 7 years in the nba....

he would've been hated on just as much as lebron
You must be really young. Shaq was a beast by the time he left Orlando. He was a #1 overall pick, Orlando was willing to pay him whatever to keep him basically. And he was the best big man when he left Orlando and still developing. Just say you don't remember that time or weren't around that time and let's keep it moving.
 10-01-2010, 12:15 PM         #355
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Maroon_Tiger said:
if shaq was drafted in 2003 and left in 2010 and was a beast in hs and a #1 pick in the draft, a 2 time mvp and the best player in the league for the previous 2-3 years and beasted his entire first 7 years in the nba....

he would've been hated on just as much as lebron
Shaq was an unquestionable Top 5 Player in the NBA at the time, and because of his rare size and athletisism, I could easily argue that most saw him as the Second best player behind only Jordan at the time...

And considering that Jordan was in limbo/baseball/retirement/comeback mode around that time, it could be argued that Shaq was the more reliable bet.

Shaq was f**ken incredible when he played for the Magic.
 10-01-2010, 12:16 PM         #356
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
why did the reporter ask the question? Lebron did that interview with Rachel Nichols not Barbara Walters. He runs ESPN...going into this season he doesnt have much support and anybody a.ssociated with him (including Miami Heat) wont have much support so putting a spin on it was beneficial. You have ride or die black enthusiasts who will defend fantasy race issues and the colored men that are "victims" no matter what. Im sure that question was giving to them by Lebrons 'people' and of course she would jump at the chance to do it if it meant she would blow up behind such a polarizing figure and sensitive topic.

And then there's sellout b**ches like you who defend white folks because you need their acceptance. Get your punk a.ss out of here. You live in a fantasy world to think that race isn't a factor in some of the backlash. For you not to acknowledge showcases your stupidity. Have a good day :dancingcool:
 10-01-2010, 12:16 PM         #357
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wandering2121 said:
You can't think logically so you lossed. b**ch.
Still no answer...

Wow, must be really embarrassing to have been owned so badly.
 7 years ago '04        #358
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
"CHOSEN 1" or whatever the tatoo says is regarding his BASKETBALL TALENTS..

lebron is not a threat to team chemistry like favre, iverson, t.o....

hes not a jerk in person, hes not a bad influence...

i CLEARLY mentioned that lebron isnt c*cky unless you're talking on the court/in-game a/g his competition

show me an instance where lebron was conceited outside of the court
Those are examples. Or did he get the tattoo on the bench of a game? I'm sure he came up with the King nickname at the lunch table. There's the party in Vegas talking about one of the waitresses. Then there's the Team USA stuff when he self-proclaimed himself as the leader when he was about ready to be kicked off the team and was only saved by Jerry Colangelo because no one liked him, his work ethic, etc.
 7 years ago '04        #359
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
key point you missed... 2010 vs. 1996

thats the point kaliz and i are making

the times are VERY DIFFERENT

if lebron left the cavs in 1996, it wouldnt be as much of a big deal
Not really. Shaq was a huge deal back then and leadoff ESPN in the summer. Shaq didn't make it a bigger deal than what it was. That's where LeBron failed.
 10-01-2010, 12:23 PM         #360
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
So stop defending his dumbass comments.
We have a right to opinion, b**ch. Just like you have a right to carry white people's bags. If I say race a factor your b**ch a.ss can't tell me that I'm a black panther member that wants to start a race war. I still can't believe you actually mean that. Do you really think that in a forum all people are gonna think the same? You're a fool so you would probably say yes.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
193 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
21 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
22 hours ago