LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
47 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-30-2010, 10:45 PM         #301
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Informed? That's your problem, you think you have knowledge of individuals thoughts, if one white guy hurt you you hold a grudge and try to protest hate. You are a waste of f**king time with your hypocritcal expectations of society. You only think you have a point because you have dumbass pseudo intelectuals praising your retarded statements.

You stated that because a black person mentions race they are trying to start a race war which speaks volumes as to the a.ss that you are. That's probably the dumbest s**t that I've heard in a minute. Thanks for the laugh.
 7 years ago '04        #302
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
 HotepSuns said:
no.. you saying races jockey for positions of power to exert power over another race is your OPINION....
dude thats the truth. if one group is ahead on the racial ladder, they do exert power on those that dont have it. thats obvious. they exert power economically and politically mainly. exerting power doesnt mean coming into your neighborhood and instilling martial law, but the privileges a.ssociated with that higher status allow for them to exert power on lower classes. i used to school system as an example eariler. look we live in a capatialist-racist system. when one group moves up, some one has to take their place at the bottom. the people on the bottom have the least power to control their destiny (in terms of resources) and the ones at top have the most. we depend heavily on the white political polity to hand down rights. even during civil rights, we did the footwork, but we didnt sign any legislation. very rarely did we vote on any supreme court cases. when other groups get into positions of power they do the same thing. how hard is that to get!
 09-30-2010, 10:59 PM         #303
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
dude thats the truth. if one group is ahead on the racial ladder, they do exert power on those that dont have it. thats obvious. they exert power economically and politically mainly. exerting power doesnt mean coming into your neighborhood and instilling martial law, but the privileges a.ssociated with that higher status allow for them to exert power on lower classes. i used to school system as an example eariler. look we live in a capatialist-racist system. when one group moves up, some one has to take their place at the bottom. the people on the bottom have the least power to control their destiny (in terms of resources) and the ones at top have the most. we depend heavily on the white political polity to hand down rights. even during civil rights, we did the footwork, but we didnt sign any legislation. very rarely did we vote on any supreme court cases. when other groups get into positions of power they do the same thing. how hard is that to get!

what other groups of power have you seen ascend that have done this?...you have only one example in american history...and this one example are the same group of people who founded these racist principles....this is why racist white people thought when a black president came to fruition that black people were gonna think they took over the world,and try to strong arm the entire country..because that's the mind of an ignorant racist twit...it is not ABSOLUTE...it is mere opinion bound by fear of not being on top....which is the MAIN reason for the many atrocities that have happened around the globe....our mentalities are not bound by this ignorance...it's what you so choose to do with it...which is again why i said the power lies with the people.....
 7 years ago '06        #304
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 93 93
Yea because him talking all that noise about "oh my family is spoiled and privileged to have the opportunity to watch me play every night" has nothing to do with why everybody dislikes him. I mean he is a dislikable guy look at him.

Race :rolleyes:
 7 years ago '05        #305
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 wandering2121 said:
You sound like a b**ch. You're the type who's content to let your boss call you a N-gger just as long as you get a check. Get your :grin2: "Yes-I'm-A -N-gger, sir- a.ss out of here.
What the f**k are you talking about? So Dan Gilbert called LeBron a ****** now? BTW my boss is black so i'd prob look at his a.ss like "Where they do that at?"
 7 years ago '09        #306
head first 
space
space
$1,987 | Props total: 2 2
wait a minute

Lebron is black?
 7 years ago '09        #307
NLSP42 153 heat pts153
space
space
$7,851 | Props total: 9059 9059
White or Black...............

Lebron should have gone into the Cavs' coaches and owners office.....tell them he is going to signing with Miami....and then the PR people could write up the news

The 1 hour special was not needed at all........
 7 years ago '06        #308
RAZAH CUTS 5839 heat pts5839
space
space
$54,071 | Props total: 18865 18865
was waiting for him to state this.....

of course there was a huge racial element to this....

white folks think "hey, we paid him millions, he should be loyal to us and only us". f**k him bettering himself and his career, f**k the fact that he was already in god awful Cleveland for 7 years....they just wanted that superficial loyalty that they should know does not exist in modern sports.

and the reactions? lol, burning jersey's in the street like they were a cross in Lebron's front lawn....

smh, if ppl can't see why LeBron felt it was a bit racial they ain't being honest....

so what if he broadcasted the decision? He also raised 3 million for the Boys N Girls club, but that didn't matter did it???
 7 years ago '04        #309
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4118 4118
Let's put it this way, if a white guy was the greatest basketball player in the world, and possibly his generation, and he pulled the same s**t in the NBA, he would get as much scrutiny. I'm not even talking other sports, because the NBA is a dynamic on it's own.

But if that white guy, shat on his team on national tv, referred to himself in third person, holding parties in Vegas, and acting complete b**chmade, ya'll wouldn't hate him? I know BX would roast the guy on a daily basis. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiet.

Racism is what Barack goes through everyday when people say he can't do his f**king job because he's black. Racism is when a white man won't give up his seat for an elderly black woman. Racism is when someone sees someone of Middle East descent and automatically refers to him as a terrorist.

LeBron doesn't see that though because he's so far stuck in his own world, he can't tell reality.

BTW, as Wade said today, You can say that(racism as a cause of backlash) about anything in this world. He continued to not get into it, because he knows that was dumb s**t.
 7 years ago '04        #310
DubA169 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 0 0
lebron's race wasn't brought up once before he made these comments

FACT
 7 years ago '04        #311
nitetrain8601 22 heat pts22
space
space
$15,101 | Props total: 4118 4118
 DubA169 said:
lebron's race wasn't brought up once before he made these comments

FACT
Thank you! Or do ya'll think MJ, Barkley and others were racist in this criticisms of LeBron. Let's be real here. Not even JaMarcus would pull the racism card if someone asked him if it had something to do with him sucking d!ck and being full of fail.
 7 years ago '04        #312
DubA169 3 heat pts
space
space
space
oh i promise if jamarcus said race was why he was ran out of town people here would run with it

from the oustide looking in it's just a natural black defense. frolic to any black man who is getting roasted out of defense. even if they deserve 100 percnet of the negative backlash. even if they agree with the argument

i'm sorry but many black people jump behind OJ simpson and Vick before real role models like donovan mcnabb and warren moon i have no idea why

that's just how it is for whatever reason
 10-01-2010, 01:33 AM         #313
luker1920 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are you f**king kidding me??????? Brett Favre gets hated on just as much and for what???? wanting to play at 40? f**k you f**gots
 7 years ago '04        #314
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,699 | Props total: 545 545
 Nautilus O said:
As least one real n*gga posted in this thread

If this was Dirk Nowitski or Steve Nash people would have been like oh it was great TV and way to go raising money for the kids

Let a black man do it and he's attention whoring, they did the same the to kobe when he went on the radio When's the last time somebody called Donald Trump an attention wh0ore? But Diddy's a **** right??

But its ok for eli manning, roger clemens, and brett farve to stunt on teams openly in public, I aint see no Q rating reports then. Nobody was on tv burning Johnny Damon's jersey

Racism still alive, ya'll just be concealing it.
I didnt even go through the rest of this thread... you sir have earned todays #handonthebible post

But one thing nobody likes to point out... LeBron James "Decision" earned 3 million dollars to the Boys & Girls Club... Next time you want to knock Lebron ask yourself this "when was the last time I volunteered to do something?" "When was the last time I donated to a worthy cause?".... If you can't recollect please refrain from throwing rocks from your glass house..
 7 years ago '04        #315
DubA169 3 heat pts
space
space
space
politicians have been hiding behind charitable donations for hundreds of years.

1.charitable donations are tax deductible.

2. they draw attention away from the real issue

try again.
 7 years ago '04        #316
DubA169 3 heat pts
space
space
space
PS the boys and girls club he was at is one of the best neighborhoods in the country
 7 years ago '10        #317
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,175 | Props total: 8222 8222
 DubA169 said:
politicians have been hiding behind charitable donations for hundreds of years.

1.charitable donations are tax deductible.

2. they draw attention away from the real issue

try again.
 DubA169 said:
PS the boys and girls club he was at is one of the best neighborhoods in the country
For one he didn't make the donations, the sponsors of the show did, secondly the money didn't go to just that club idiot.
 10-01-2010, 06:51 AM         #318
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
man race ain't have s**t to do with the reaction to "the decision"....it just boils down to the fact that for the entire summer there was an EVERY DAY report on will he do this,will he do that...they were even reporting about the rumors on major news outlets.....you couldn't escape the s**t,and it had snowballed into this epic like event....and then when bron said he was going to do an hour long tv show to announce his decision it threw people off even more.....it's like it became the biggest ego stroking event EVER...and of course that was going to turn people off....however these are the 3 things that bron just needs to accept as the MAJOR factors about why this blew up in his face....

1. He got on national television,and told the world he was leaving cleveland his hometown state,the franchise that wasn't s**t before him,and won't be s**t after him,the place where he was saving the economy,the place where they put a ton into the kid....to celebrate going to MIAMI with another top 3 player in the league,and one of the best pf's in the league....it doesn't matter that he was doing it for the "boys,and girls club"....you can't pull the hearts out of an entire state,and than say "but i'm doing it for the kids" and expect people to not be INTENSELY angry....that's the thought process of an inexpierenced child,and maverick carter should take ALL the blame for allowing his client to do such a retarded thing..

2. He went to MIAMI with dwyane wade a top 3 player in the league,and chris bosh a top 3 pf in the league...going to a percieved "stacked" team,and k!lling the competition angle in the nba ALSO turned a ton of people off.....chicago had gotten boozer,and half of the utah jazz squad....miami had wade,and bosh....atlanta had re-signed joe johnson.....had bron signed to new york,or the clippers,or anywhere other than miami this wouldn't have been deemed a big deal....but because he didn't go the "alpha dog" way....this turned a lot of basketball fans off...

3. the actual show was so corny,and retarded it just added insult to injury after he announced his actual decision....and it was like every second more he was on tv after that just kept making it worse,and worse,and worse.....so you take the build up of the entire summer of all that s**t coming down to that one hour show...which ended up being about 48 minutes of pure nonsense,and embarassment for the city of cleveland,and for lebron himself....the s**t was inevitably going to snowball on him as far as reaction goes....

now how far people took it may be race inspired for some....but that's in everything.....however the major reasons for this being as big as it's gotten sits squarely on lebron,and his teams shoulders....
^^^The Real...
 10-01-2010, 07:09 AM         #319
gordonshumway 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This will also be the excuse when they lose! Seriously,this guy is the biggest attention wh0ore and baby at the same time....He does not own up that he created this whole spectacle by doing a "prime time" tv show to announce his gay decision! He really sounds like a rich spoiled b**ch kid....it everyones fault but mine..Poor me!!! f**king Soft man!
 7 years ago '05        #320
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,735 | Props total: 12560 12560
I think people are looking too much into it.. I think to a certain degree race does play a role in some cases, but I don't think LeBron was saying that race was the ONLY factor in his backlash.. But to some degree I think it did play a role in some of the negativity he received.. Lets be honest, the average NBA season ticket holder is a middle age white man.. Most white people or white america in general do not like seeing c*cky rich young black men.. They want you too be humble, period point blank.. It's not a bad thing, but I don't think anyone can deny, that white America truly despises young,cocky, rich black males, and any chance they get to s**t on them they will.. Race plays a factor and it'll always be there, but I don't think it was the MAIN reason for the backlash, and I'm sure LeBron doesn't believe it also.. he was merely answering a question, in a way that he was set up for failure by answering truthfully.

LeBron didn't bring in the race card he was ASKED if he thought it played a factor.. Why would the reporter ask a question like that if someone wouldn't believe it was somewhat true? Thats another example of how race does play a factor, the media always want to portray blacks as whiney and constantly playing the race card.. Like I said LeBron was set up for failure with this one.. He didn't just come out and say, "race played a role" without having being asked the question first.. LeBron isn't that smart of a guy when it comes to certain media things, but at the same time the media is doing it's best to set this n*gga up and help tarnish his image.

Last edited by Hold That; 10-01-2010 at 07:29 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
148 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago