most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #261
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 jplaydadon said:
true but thats not the same as racism. racism is a phenomenon that was born with the onset of colonialism. the only system of old that can be compared with it is the caste system. but thats the only one. and just because a group holds slaves, doesnt mean anything. slavery in different cultures means different things. in many societies people used slavery as a means on currency, it wasnt a fixed thing based on genetics or lineage all the time. sometimes people sold themselves according to their worth. but it was a system that was voluntary some of the times. plus a lot of slavery back then was a result of war, not biology. there is a key difference. there is a definition of racism, and it is unique to our times.

Exactly!!! Slave Owner/Slave does not equal Serfs/Vassals or Indentured Servatude
 7 years ago '10        #262
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,183 | Props total: 8307 8307
 smokeweed101. said:
Quote where I said no one is downing Lebron for race? There will be a racist always but there is a difference between pointing out one rotten apple and pointing out the entire valley of apple trees, if you don't understand that then you are being prejudice, what is so hard to understand?
ok bro you got it

[pic - click to view]

09-30-2010, 09:23 PM         #263
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
true but thats not the same as racism. racism is a phenomenon that was born with the onset of colonialism. the only system of old that can be compared with it is the caste system. but thats the only one. and just because a group holds slaves, doesnt mean anything. slavery in different cultures means different things. in many societies people used slavery as a means on currency, it wasnt a fixed thing based on genetics or lineage all the time. sometimes people sold themselves according to their worth. but it was a system that was voluntary some of the times. plus a lot of slavery back then was a result of war, not biology. there is a key difference. there is a definition of racism, and it is unique to our times.
Please tell me you are joking, I hate to see history butchered so badly.

By voluntary you mean they were scared s**tless of being murdered, or they were led to believe they were pleasing the 'gods'. That is no different than what Hitler did in wartime Germany. Racism isn't new, it has been going on from the day two separate skin colors met, obviously Egypt was not as diverse as America, that doesn't mean that racism didn't exist.
 09-30-2010, 09:23 PM         #264
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nautilus O said:
Have you ever had to read a passage that has so many forms of the word "have" that you are having trouble acting you have interest in what the fukk this person may have just said?
Really? 4 times is to much for a casual conversation? Was I supposed to make sure my response was properly formatted as well? Why don't you let me know if I used the proper font as well
 09-30-2010, 09:25 PM         #265
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
It gets real deep man, and you know you almost have to sympathize with people even white people and especially black people, because it is true he is making 15-20 million dollars a year. But what does that have to do with the fact that he is a man and if he wants to relocate for any reason, for no reason even he has that right. When you read what the owner of Cleavland said about Lebron and then you read what he said about the owner of the Thunder, which I will quote again, it's almost crystal clear the manipulation of athletes that goes on by owners.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert is one of only two owners Clay Bennett (Seattle Sonics/Okla. Thunder) went to for advice and support. Bennett moved the Seattle Sonics to Oklahoma on votes Dan Gilbert and others casted. Dan Gilbert stated then, "Clay has done a remarkable job of transitioning the team to Oklahoma City," Gilbert said. "He faced very difficult circumstances and met them head-on. Clay has done what is best for the franchise," not the city of Seattle or the fans that supported that franchise for over 40 years, Gilbert went on to say, "and I admire him for it. Oklahoma City is fortunate to have Clay leading the Thunder charge, and he's fortunate to have such great fan and civic support."..... And now when LBJ does what is best for him he gets a loyalty lecture from this same Dan Gilbert.

When you compare the two quotes, you have to call it what it is, he does not feel athletes have the same rights to do whats best for their business as owners do, an example of what I know that guy is talking about in that book your speaking of. You admire a man for doing the same thing you condemn another for, but one is your equal and the other is an employee, it's on natural for the educated to wonder why you would do that, and once it is figured out expose you for it. It's all business with them but it cant be that way with us, they want to tell us stuff like you made a promise and throw words around like loyalty. There is no loyalty in business, and there are no promises either that's why there are contracts. The moment they feel an athlete is slippin he is gone, so it should be vice versa, it's only fair. And I don't care if he discussed it 2 years earlier, it's called "plan b" "just in case" "planning ahead", but they don't even want us doing that but you think he don't got a "plan b" for if his franchise starts to cost him more than it makes him or just in case a better opportunity presents itself.

But yeah man I'm gone rap this up and really I'm just talking to you cause, I know these dudes ain't really understanding where we coming from. But yeah I'm gone check out that book I hope they got an audio version. And I'm gone give u props to cause you been sayin the realest s**t throughout this thread, u, my man Nautilus O & jplaydadon. Y'all smart n*ggaz, I appreciate smart n*ggaz.

Much respect my dude. I agree with you, the majority of this thread have no idea what we're talking about (black or white). Nobody is feeling sorry for a millionaire I'm just pointing out what the truth is and some here keep saying, "Race has nothing to do with this. Lebron's a b**ch." If some people wanna call Lebron James a b**ch, fine, but to dismiss race as having no factor at all is disingenous at best.
 7 years ago '04        #266
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 Chuck Hustle said:
Man take that s**t elsewhere... Im not stupid I just dont read into s**t so deep that I make unfounded and stupid a.ss comments... hes a millionaire, hes good at hoop so he gets paid millions. If i was an owner i'd have said the same s**t to LeBron that Dan Gilbert said.. STFU pus*y
Even after you said this.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert is one of only two owners Clay Bennett (Seattle Sonics/Okla. Thunder) went to for advice and support. Bennett moved the Seattle Sonics to Oklahoma on votes Dan Gilbert and others casted. Dan Gilbert stated then, "Clay has done a remarkable job of transitioning the team to Oklahoma City," Gilbert said. "He faced very difficult circumstances and met them head-on. Clay has done what is best for the franchise," not the city of Seattle or the fans that supported that franchise for over 40 years, Gilbert went on to say, "and I admire him for it. Oklahoma City is fortunate to have Clay leading the Thunder charge, and he's fortunate to have such great fan and civic support."..... And now when LBJ does what is best for him he gets a loyalty lecture from this same Dan Gilbert.

If so that would make you a man that is inconsistent, contradictive, and a hypocrite. Which in fact would still leave you a man but not a man of respect, cause we don't respect that, matter of fact we disrespect that, spit, s**t, and p!ss on that. So you shut the f**k up wit yo pissed on and s**tted on pus*y, we don't like your kind around here. Real n*ggaz takin over get used to it. Im here now. And please reply cause I'm ready to get ignorant with you, I enjoy it. But please ask around first cause they know how ignorant I can get, make sure your prepared. But first before you say anything I want to see you type that you would say what he said about Lebron after you said what he said in what I quoted, bolded, and underlined above. My fire needs fuel and I insist on you providing it, cause if you don't I will ignore you and see you as still talking as you look at the chessboard after checkmate. But this is check, your move b**ch.

Last edited by God_Manifested; 09-30-2010 at 09:36 PM..
 09-30-2010, 09:28 PM         #267
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wandering2121 said:
Much respect my dude. I agree with you, the majority of this thread have no idea what we're talking about (black or white). Nobody is feeling sorry for a millionaire I'm just pointing out what the truth is and some here keep saying, "Race has nothing to do with this. Lebron's a b**ch." If some people wanna call Lebron James a b**ch, fine, but to dismiss race as having no factor at all is disingenous at best.
No its actually logical to a.ssume race has nothing to do with the amount of hate LeBron has started to receive. Yes people dislike him because hes black, but those people have not just come to the realization that he is black after "the decision". His popularity among black people declined as well so explain that
 7 years ago '04        #268
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
 HotepSuns said:
actually if YOU read up on the percentages you'll see that there are things that were better back then (such as education) as opposed to now....you want to sum up the entire black expierence by what you deem to be the totality,and ignore the everyday strides black people make through united fronts...power starts from the grass roots,and builds up from a real message,that strikes a chord....thus why i said the problem is utilizing the power that is there for black people....not a lack of power....and most defintely not because we can only exert real power through the "ghetto,sports,and prisons".....these kids got their voices heard nation wide from what you would probably cast aside as nothing...

it's not about exerting power over other races...that's asinine...it's about mobilizing power amongst your own to have a voice so that you aren't cast aside...that doesn't require exerting power over other races....that just means you are able to obtain power through a united front to be able to maintain the needs of your people...trying to exert power over others is foolish,and just keeps you in the circle of nonsense moving backwards....and if you know anything about mississippi (got a nice amount of fam there) upward mobility isn't happening for hardly ANYONE...which just proves my point....it's a futile effort that's child like in mentality...

we have power where we choose to place our power...that's the problem with people in general....they believe in every power other than people power...

also...

!

dude somewhere you totally missed my point. i see that with you saying "because we can only exert real power through the "ghetto,sports,and prisons". thats not even what i said from the jump. obviously you dont even know what im referencing to in regards to Mississippi because that wasnt even a current example. your point is irrevelant. im not sayin blacks cant make a change. never did i say or imply that. you put that in my mouth because you misinterpreted something i said. and again, you dont understand what race is obviously. its a HIERARCHICAL system based on power relations. races carry with them an implicit worth, which is manifest in their place in society. races are jockeying amongst each other for power and control over other people. in order to get ones interests addressed, someones needs isnt gonna get adressed. much of that has to do with your place on the racial social ladder. its common knowledge man. thats what the mississippi chinese example referred to. why do the gangs in LA terroize blacks "in their neighborhoods". why do asians purposely shed a.ssociations with black to become the "model minority"? i see it in the school districts in houston where when a minority gets a high position, they do stuff in favor of their own races. its all about power relations rooted in deep histories. read a damn book man get off of youtube. i dont wanna see that s**t. i can actually cite REAL ACADEMIC JOURNALS, not that s**t.

and dude, i said SINCE RECONSTRUCTION TIMES, which was probably the best times for blacks in the history of the united states, when has our position been any different. obviously you are taking what you want out of my post and commenting instead of looking at the whole thing. dude i am black, im not gonna argue against the power of my people WHEN UNITED. but we arent fool. some of us dont even believe in racism, go check out larry elders bebate with steve coakley and youll see what i mean. how can we be united? how is that power? ever hear of divide and conquer? its happening right now dude. thats all i am saying. stop twisting my damn words man.

goodness...
 09-30-2010, 09:30 PM         #269
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Its not about PC or shying away, it is PC to say respect religion but look at my sig, I say f**k religion. But in this case it is WRONG (according to my personal beliefs).

I have argued with my own family about it, because I feel it is wrong to say all whites are this and that because they say all blacks are this and that, you don't f!ght fire with fire, that is hypocritical and ignorant.

What you claim as intensity is just me discussing a topic, I am a very argumentative person, I can debate with anyone and have enough skill to do so with logic. You are using emotion over logic, so who exactly is fired up and emotional?
You can't compete with me when it comes to debating a topic because I know how to articulate my point of view whereas you do not. You've gotten into this thread accusing other people of trying to cause a race war all because they think Lebron is right about race being a factor in the backlash that he has garnered? Really? What logic does that make? And you have the nerve to call me fired up and emotional? It makes no sense.
 09-30-2010, 09:31 PM         #270
Saphire Moore 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
When is race going to stop being an excuse???? The point to rise above the MF excuses....it's what makes Lebron a lil boy instead of a grown man...money doesn't give anyone character (LeBron - Great Example) regardless of situation.
 7 years ago '10        #271
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
 -BigC- said:
Really? 4 times is to much for a casual conversation? Was I supposed to make sure my response was properly formatted as well? Why don't you let me know if I used the proper font as well

But what does class have to do with it having nothing to do with the owner having any thoughts of ownership?
I'm having trouble trying to have a response.
 09-30-2010, 09:32 PM         #272
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wandering2121 said:
You can't compete with me when it comes to debating a topic because I know how to articulate my point of view whereas you do not. You've gotten into this thread accusing other people of trying to cause a race war all because they think Lebron is right about race being a factor in the backlash that he has garnered? Really? What logic does that make? And you have the nerve to call me fired up and emotional? It makes no sense.
No because your panther friends have stated several times what they feel all whites represent, and what they feel all blacks should represent. Why don't you go over my points instead of picking around the core.
 7 years ago '04        #273
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
 smokeweed101. said:
Please tell me you are joking, I hate to see history butchered so badly.

By voluntary you mean they were scared s**tless of being murdered, or they were led to believe they were pleasing the 'gods'. That is no different than what Hitler did in wartime Germany. Racism isn't new, it has been going on from the day two separate skin colors met, obviously Egypt was not as diverse as America, that doesn't mean that racism didn't exist.
dude racism was born out of eugenics. are you f**king kidding me. egyptians had no idea of "race". please go read a book man. the notion of race did not come out until the early stages of anthropology. egyptians didnt designate people and separate them because of skin color. wtf are you talking about lololol.

and you dont know what you are talking about. all slavery wasnt the same. so indentured servitude is the same is the same as Nazi internment? not everyone worked ppl to death and burned them in oven based on race. it was a mode of currency. hell the vikings were the most potent slave traders of englishmen back in the 1600's or so (may have been later). it wasnt based on race, but it was based on the economic system. the notion of race came about to justify the onset of colonialism, and heathenizing other populations to set a moral basis for taking and controlling them. its all in the history books dude lol
 09-30-2010, 09:37 PM         #274
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 smokeweed101. said:
Guess what a**hole, my father who would disagree came from the s**ttiest part of Africa, no high speed internet to sit around and eat cheetos with. He experienced more racism than you can sit here and cry about, but he did his thing and taught me the right way.
Who's crying over racism? And what does cheetos and high speed internet have to do with anything? Anyway, I already know what it is so I'm not surprised with what goes on in this country in regards to racism. I'm just humored that someone who claims to be black (you) is actually stupid to say that race has no factor at all in the Lebron hate. But then again, I am talking to a moron.
 09-30-2010, 09:40 PM         #275
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nautilus O said:
I'm having trouble trying to have a response.
I didn't know this was anything more then a casual conversation. Thanks for letting me know I used one word to often, I will make sure to do nothing about it.
 09-30-2010, 09:40 PM         #276
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nautilus O said:
Please rant i would love to hear that argument....

I guess Cornell West, Spike Lee, and myself being all college educated black men and still recognize that there were racial overtones in the response Lebron got. I'm trying to start a race war? You sound like you master been sitting with you on the computer all day and you telling him "these darkies are crazy massa". I've had enough conversations and interactions with enough white people to know that race influences a lot of what they say, and the same with black people.

Lebron made a bad business move, but for the tide to turn against him like this...only a black man. You had white people cheering for Robert Downey Jr to make a comeback, but n*ggas was right with them when they were clowning on T.I.

When's the last time a white dude came in a thread, saw something about a white man and responded with "we got to do better " Or saw 3 whites dudes f!ghting and respond "crakkas". They dont have too cause they know that the actions of one don't represent their whole in society's eyes. Same doesn't apply to black people.

White people don't face the same criticisms we face and thats where this mythical "race card" comes from. I've never "played a race card" in my life, if I feel I see racism, I speak up.

They didn't love Lebron they loved what he did for them. He brought the cameras and business to town. Once he left the money left now they are mad. Black men aren't supposed to have that kind of pull.

That's still a slave owner's mentality, just because I work for you doesn't mean you own me. What did Dan Gilbert do for Lebron that 28 other owners wouldn't have????

It aint like he was running a small business and stuck with lebron when sales were slow, he made more money off lebron than lebron made off him.

Most racists dont scream "niggggger" until somebody else says it first, meaning that you see a person's true feelings when they feel empowered to show them. The white people burning his jersey was the first strike and Dan Gilbert set the tone with his letter.

On point.
 7 years ago '05        #277
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
Even after you said this.

If so that would make you a man that is inconsistent, contradictive, and a hypocrite. Which in fact would still leave you a man but not a man of respect, cause we don't respect that, matter of fact we disrespect that, spit, s**t, and p!ss on that. So you shut the f**k up wit yo pissed on and s**tted on pus*y, we don't like your kind around here. Real n*ggaz takin over get used to it. Im here now. And please reply cause I'm ready to get ignorant with you, I enjoy it. But please ask around first cause they know how ignorant I can get, make sure your prepared. But first before you say anything I want to see you type that you would say what he said about Lebron after you said what he said in what I quoted, bolded, and underlined above. My fire needs fuel and I insist on you providing it, cause if you don't I will ignore you and see you as still talking as you look at the chessboard after checkmate. But this is check, your move b**ch.
Who the f**k are you fat boy? I wasn't even talking to you... Get your over opinionated a.ss on your local community college debate team and clear off. Bruh, I feel LeBron should've informed his f**king team before going to another f**king team. If thats wrong, oh f**kin well... Oh and while youre talking about what a man is, a man stand behind his beliefs whether you agree or not, so browbeat all you want, and btw you got a problem, you can get at me private and we can further discuss your grievances
 7 years ago '10        #278
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
 wandering2121 said:
On point.
Apparently me you, hustla, jplay, and all the people that said there was racism in the response Lebron got, are starting the new panther party.

I guess its just safer to act like everything is good because Hussein sitting in the white house
 09-30-2010, 09:51 PM         #279
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
dude racism was born out of eugenics. are you f**king kidding me. egyptians had no idea of "race". please go read a book man. the notion of race did not come out until the early stages of anthropology. egyptians didnt designate people and separate them because of skin color. wtf are you talking about lololol.

and you dont know what you are talking about. all slavery wasnt the same. so indentured servitude is the same is the same as Nazi internment? not everyone worked ppl to death and burned them in oven based on race. it was a mode of currency. hell the vikings were the most potent slave traders of englishmen back in the 1600's or so (may have been later). it wasnt based on race, but it was based on the economic system. the notion of race came about to justify the onset of colonialism, and heathenizing other populations to set a moral basis for taking and controlling them. its all in the history books dude lol
You are looking to deep into it, comparing the brainwashing of citizens has nothing to do with methods of murder for instance, it was just a simple comparison.

As far as race goes I never stated they had constructed race systems, but just simply that different skin color was seen as 'different', its a concept that has definitely evolved but wasn't created on the spot one day. The Egyptians worked mostly on class systems, with Pharaohs being the 'god on earth' so to speak and then you go down the pyramid to the lowest class and yadda yadda, that is obvious, I never stated that they had race separation you are just stretching it to preach.

Egyptians definitely noticed differences and were prejudice to them.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by smokeweed101.; 09-30-2010 at 09:57 PM..
 09-30-2010, 09:54 PM         #280
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
dude somewhere you totally missed my point. i see that with you saying "because we can only exert real power through the "ghetto,sports,and prisons". thats not even what i said from the jump. obviously you dont even know what im referencing to in regards to Mississippi because that wasnt even a current example. your point is irrevelant. im not sayin blacks cant make a change. never did i say or imply that. you put that in my mouth because you misinterpreted something i said. and again, you dont understand what race is obviously. its a HIERARCHICAL system based on power relations. races carry with them an implicit worth, which is manifest in their place in society. races are jockeying amongst each other for power and control over other people. in order to get ones interests addressed, someones needs isnt gonna get adressed. much of that has to do with your place on the racial social ladder. its common knowledge man. thats what the mississippi chinese example referred to. why do the gangs in LA terroize blacks "in their neighborhoods". why do asians purposely shed a.ssociations with black to become the "model minority"? i see it in the school districts in houston where when a minority gets a high position, they do stuff in favor of their own races. its all about power relations rooted in deep histories. read a damn book man get off of youtube. i dont wanna see that s**t. i can actually cite REAL ACADEMIC JOURNALS, not that s**t.

and dude, i said SINCE RECONSTRUCTION TIMES, which was probably the best times for blacks in the history of the united states, when has our position been any different. obviously you are taking what you want out of my post and commenting instead of looking at the whole thing. dude i am black, im not gonna argue against the power of my people WHEN UNITED. but we arent fool. some of us dont even believe in racism, go check out larry elders bebate with steve coakley and youll see what i mean. how can we be united? how is that power? ever hear of divide and conquer? its happening right now dude. thats all i am saying. stop twisting my damn words man.

goodness...

i'm taking EXACTLY what you said word for word...the problem you're having with me is that i'm destroying that ridiculous theory....just because that's how YOU feel doesn't make it fact.....there is NO need to try to exert power over another race to come up...the position of power amongst races in this country is to position themselves to have their needs addressed..not to necessarily supplant another race of people...that's an idiotic ideology anyhow...and when did i say anything about your black/chinese example in mississippi being current?...that's you making up s**t,because again i'm destroying the theory that you're trying to present as bond with that example......and of course people who are in positions of power are going to address the needs of their constituants/people...but NONE OF THAT equates to trying to exert power over another race...nor is it necessary....whatever group of people that are able to come together,and gain enough power/interest to supply their needs does not mean that another group of people are inherently incapable of doing the same thing,or somehow will be denied because of....again that's just absurd logic....

we aren't uniting according to YOU...there are plenty of examples to the contrary though...but you see what you want you to see...and larry elder is a puppet put out there to create shock..using him as an example isn't a good idea...he's not representative of enough to even think twice about...as far as the black community goes...elder is basically michael steele....they are both tools for an agenda that has little to do with the black consensus..it's about what you choose to focus on...if you choose to ignore the united fronts that are trying to build to argue,and focus on the irrelevant minority,because they have a microphone....then the united front will forever be in your rear view....

Last edited by HotepSuns; 09-30-2010 at 10:01 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy