LeBron James says race played role in backlash to his decision

most viewed right now
 155
NBA Nas got the last laugh
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 102
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
241 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 87
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
384 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 62
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
99 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 09-30-2010, 05:37 PM         #181
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
at the sametime i think u must understand he also has been praised and given more power than any professional athlete so of course people feel betrayed, he is a man jus like u and his word means ALOT. He went off on da Boozer situation like he was above that, he went off on Stephon Marbury situation like he was above that. Now we find out that he could get lower than them.I think the amount of criticism is warranted and using the whole race thing all of a sudden is a ploy.

He gave an honest answer. That's not a ploy. Plus, he was asked a question, he didn't jump on television and say, "I'm hated because I'm black", soledad asked him a question (now you can question her motives because CNN loves those documentaries like Black in America) and he answered. Just because he didn't give an answer that some of you liked doesn't make it invalid.
 7 years ago '04        #182
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 Chuck Hustle said:
No I got the Employer Vibe from Dan Gilbert, slaves dont get paid.. LeBron is FAAAAAAAR from a slave
see this is what is meant by modern anthropologists when they say analyzing current racism using the older models stifles the understanding of how it works today. first off the slaves didnt get paid monetarily but they did get housed, fed, as long as they did thier duty. when they got out of line, they got whipped. no longer useful, sold and shipped, or traded. the slave masters also intended to build loyalty mentally in slaves, as evidenced by using religion and occasional tokens of apprecition. hence you had slaves who when freed wanted to still work as slaves to masters. the model of sports is very reminiscent of slavery, despite the fact "they get paid". the power structure still lies with whites, in ownership, league management etc.


man i guess i could go on but w/e. point is cant look at it that simply
 09-30-2010, 05:41 PM         #183
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kmoney626 said:
Lebron played the...

[pic - click to view]


L at your stupid a.ss. THERE IS NO SUCH THING
 7 years ago '05        #184
Chuck Hustle 
space
avatar space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 wandering2121 said:
Let me first say that this thread is evidence that some of us as black people are enclosed in manipulation and propaganda. There is no such thing as a "race card", it was a term invented by white people who are uncomfortable TALKING about racism in this country. You ever notice how the "race card" is the only card that is ever talked about. No other cards are even taken out of the deck. Why is that? Both racist and non racist white people use it to flat out denie that racism is a coherent factor in a particuliar story or topic that happens to deal with race. But the manipulation part of it is that some blacks even use it, which is ridiculous to me, because it was a term that they invented and yet we use with authority. For example, I've seen posts on this story on other forums and they all start like this, "I'm black, I'm tired of us using the race card all the time." WTF I don't even think any black person knows what they are saying when they use that word. But that's what propaganda is, you're ignorant to fact of what you don't know or understand, so when something else is coined or phrased a certain way it becomes the norm.

But as far as the Lebron thing he's absolutely right. Race is a factor. And I really hope that some of you idiots read what he said, he said it's factor, not "All white people hate me because I'm black." There are numerous studies that show that race plays a role in how people are perceived(everyday citizens, celebrities, athletes). And all these supposed posters who say their black (probably lying like s**t) who say, "Lebron is a b**ch, this s**t ain't got nothing to do with race", they need to shut the f**k up because he never said it was dominant reason for the hatred. I give Lebron props because he could have gave a PC answer and he didn't, he stood his ground and didn't retreat.
Im black(can prove it but dont need to) LeBron is a b**ch and it aint got nothing to do with race...
 7 years ago '06        #185
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
lol This dude can do whatever he wants in life..yall are the ones that b**ch and complain like you yall would have stayed with the cavs smfh i would have been on tv doing the same s**t and i would not give a f**kkkkkkkkkkkkk. yall can not control that man smfh again. Race ....you seen them white people burning them jerseys and all in that bar booing lol i did not see not 1 black person in there b**ching!!!
 7 years ago '04        #186
God_Manifested 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$1,459 | Props total: 65 65
 jplaydadon said:
see this is what is meant by modern anthropologists when they say analyzing current racism using the older models stifles the understanding of how it works today. first off the slaves didnt get paid monetarily but they did get housed, fed, as long as they did thier duty. when they got out of line, they got whipped. no longer useful, sold and shipped, or traded. the slave masters also intended to build loyalty mentally in slaves, as evidenced by using religion and occasional tokens of apprecition. hence you had slaves who when freed wanted to still work as slaves to masters. the model of sports is very reminiscent of slavery, despite the fact "they get paid". the power structure still lies with whites, in ownership, league management etc.


man i guess i could go on but w/e. point is cant look at it that simply

You a smart a.ss n*gga, one day maybe we can do business. Same applies to my n*gga Nautilus O.
 7 years ago '04        #187
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 HotepSuns said:
the racial component will always be there...this is america....the root of racism...this country was founded on racism....racism is one of the founding principals of american culture....so yes inevitably we will continue to see it permeate each succeeding generation...but to point out the obvious when there are bigger factors that constitute a problem only creates a bigger problem,and takes us away from the reality of the situation,to create perception....lebron handled this situation ALL WRONG..it's real simple....and when black men handle situations wrong in this country there will always be that undertone of racist reactions to exaggerte it...but at the same time....it is what it is here...



it's not about exerting power over another race...black people have shown power in numbers that have created change in this country for generation upon generations....including many things that happen on a local level everyday...for you to ignore that,and try to sum up black power as only being effective in the ghettos,sports,and prisons is ignorant at the least,and house ******ish at the most...


i'd say you need to take some time to do some research on the many things that black people have come together in this country on,and made a difference through a united front...exerting this power that you claim only comes through 3 places...

give me some examples of black actions (lets not just go civil rights here) that led to the overall condition of blacks being much more improved than in the past. if YOU did some research, like read philadelpha negro by web dubios, you see that we still suffer very similarly, from teh same issues, in largely the same percentages, as we did in the 1900s. are our ppl still disproportionately imprisoned. yes. earn the lowest in income. yes. under represented in govt. yes. when since reconstruction has this not been true? what has really changed dude?

and yes it is about exerting power over other races. in case you havent been paying attention, race is a hierarchical category that distributes power in power relationships, even amongst minorities. check out how blacks and chinese discriminated against each other back in mississippi to gain more social mobility or how blacks discriminated black for the same thing or how the exclusion of one race led to the prominence of another. many modern athropologist will tell you this. there are tons of examples

and i wasnt summing up black power. or potential power in those 3 things. we generally dont have major influence where it matters most TODAY. you put words in my mouth that i didnt say.
 09-30-2010, 05:51 PM         #188
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chuck Hustle said:
Im black(can prove it but dont need to) LeBron is a b**ch and it aint got nothing to do with race...

WOW You still believe he said it all has to do with race? Key word is factor. Do you know what that means? PROBABLY not...


Last edited by wandering2121; 09-30-2010 at 05:53 PM..
 7 years ago '04        #189
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,914 | Props total: 634 634
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
You a smart a.ss n*gga, one day maybe we can do business. Same applies to my n*gga Nautilus O.
fa sho. i see you keepin it real on the site bro in other threads. i got you lol
 7 years ago '07        #190
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
I will say this. I am fully aware that racism is still brewing in America. Racism from all races(reverse racism is a term idiots say because racism is not just a white person thing) is present everywhere. I, for one, am not a racist. I will never be a racist. I can never imagine living with myself if I become a racist. I will not even use the, "oh my best friends are black, so its okay," rant, because I think it is invalid. I know people who hang out with black people, but still love to make racist remarks when no one else is around. I always see people looking around to make sure no black people are around, and then sputter their ignorance. This kind of filth disgusts me. A racist-free society is a utopia that will never happen in my lifetime, due to the racism from every race.


With that said, I disdain Lebron James because of how he went about his business. The ESPN special, "The Decision," was narcissism at it's finest. I hate when any athlete does this. I hate Brett Favre because of his blatant narcissism. The roller coaster he puts the media, and teams, on during the offseason is despicable. Lebron just wanted everyone to make sure no one forgot that he was changing teams so he made sure the whole word saw him do it. Textbook narcissism. The media that is bashing him now, is the same media that claimed him, "THE KING," for 7 years. The person who brought up Dirk and Steve Nash, the reason they did not catch as much flack is because they are not considered to be the biggest sports star in America. If you went to any country in the world and asked them to name an American sports star, the majority would name Lebron James. Lebron James is the NBA. Fact. Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki are merely superstars in it. I really question your logic if you fail to see the distinction between Nash/Dirk deals and the Lebron James fiasco.

I could also go on a rant about the people comparing Josh Hamilton to Mike Vick and what not, but I have a strong feeling that, like this post, that argument would just fall on deaf ears.
 09-30-2010, 06:20 PM         #191
wandering2121 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 M.C.daHUSTLA said:
You a smart a.ss n*gga, one day maybe we can do business. Same applies to my n*gga Nautilus O.
Dude is on some real s**t. But you still got dumb a.ss n*ggas running around saying, "He ain't no slave, he's getting paid 15-20 million dollars." They take the s**t so literal, like because he doesn't have chains on his neck and feet, there's no way he's a slave. People (especially black people) have to understand that there is a power structure (white) in place (in this case, owners of sports teams) that do things a certain way and don't like to be challenged. In the book "40 Million dollars slaves", the systematic ownership of black athletes is examined in a way that can make sense to even the most basic of people, the author was basically writing that yes these black athletes have millions, nice houses, cars, women, but there is still a way in which the owner has control over them and it's covert. It's really interesting. I remember watching nfl network and rich eisen said that TO (an eagle at the time) is still philadelphia eagles property even though he was deactivated. Property. He could have said employee, but he said property, and no I don't think Rich is racist, but those were a poor choice of words on his part.
 7 years ago '07        #192
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 wandering2121 said:
Dude is on some real s**t. But you still got dumb a.ss n*ggas running around saying, "He ain't no slave, he's getting paid 15-20 million dollars." They take the s**t so literal, like because he doesn't have chains on his neck and feet, there's no way he's a slave. People (especially black people) have to understand that there is a power structure (white) in place (in this case, owners of sports teams) that do things a certain way and don't like to be challenged. In the book "40 Million dollars slaves", the systematic ownership of black athletes is examined in a way that can make sense to even the most basic of people, the author was basically writing that yes these black athletes have millions, nice houses, cars, women, but there is still a way in which the owner has control over them and it's covert. It's really interesting. I remember watching nfl network and rich eisen said that TO (an eagle at the time) is still philadelphia eagles property even though he was deactivated. Property. He could have said employee, but he said property, and no I don't think Rich is racist, but those were a poor choice of words on his part.



Do you honestly think that MILLIONS of people from other places would not love to put into a professional athlete's shoes? They are not being oppressed, every one I know would trade places with a professional athlete.
 7 years ago '05        #193
Chuck Hustle 
space
avatar space
space
$8,517 | Props total: 0 0
 wandering2121 said:
WOW You still believe he said it all has to do with race? Key word is factor. Do you know what that means? PROBABLY not...
Are you f**king slow you said

 wandering2121 said:
Let me first say that this thread is evidence that some of us as black people are enclosed in manipulation and propaganda. There is no such thing as a "race card", it was a term invented by white people who are uncomfortable TALKING about racism in this country. You ever notice how the "race card" is the only card that is ever talked about. No other cards are even taken out of the deck. Why is that? Both racist and non racist white people use it to flat out denie that racism is a coherent factor in a particuliar story or topic that happens to deal with race. But the manipulation part of it is that some blacks even use it, which is ridiculous to me, because it was a term that they invented and yet we use with authority. For example, I've seen posts on this story on other forums and they all start like this, "I'm black, I'm tired of us using the race card all the time." WTF I don't even think any black person knows what they are saying when they use that word. But that's what propaganda is, you're ignorant to fact of what you don't know or understand, so when something else is coined or phrased a certain way it becomes the norm.

But as far as the Lebron thing he's absolutely right. Race is a factor. And I really hope that some of you idiots read what he said, he said it's factor, not "All white people hate me because I'm black." There are numerous studies that show that race plays a role in how people are perceived(everyday citizens, celebrities, athletes). And all these supposed posters who say their black (probably lying like s**t) who say, "Lebron is a b**ch, this s**t ain't got nothing to do with race", they need to shut the f**k up because he never said it was dominant reason for the hatred. I give Lebron props because he could have gave a PC answer and he didn't, he stood his ground and didn't retreat.
Read the bolded portion of your own post... I dont care about the race portion, in my posts I said its not the same as "Slave/Slave Owner" and more like Angry Owner/ex employee... I was saying I dont need to lie about my blackness and I still feel LeBron is a b**ch... That is all...All the sociological bulls**t, I care nothing about.
 7 years ago '05        #194
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$47,179 | Props total: 11743 11743
 Nautilus O said:
As least one real n*gga posted in this thread

If this was Dirk Nowitski or Steve Nash people would have been like oh it was great TV and way to go raising money for the kids

.
Man if ANY PLAYER held a dam ESPN tv special to annouce their free agency i'd be like just like Bron
 7 years ago '05        #195
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
avatar space
space
$39,873 | Props total: 8394 8394
Can't wait till it's just about basketball
 7 years ago '07        #196
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
avatar space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
Racism will always be underlying just as long as we have sport where majority are white owners and the majority of the players are black. My point is for Lebron to say that now means to me he shoulda stood for something before and HE HASNT, its INCONSISTENT! the dude got mad at Boozer cuz he got a better situation. He is from da hood and said that he wouldnt wear Starbury's like wtf y would u say that, knowing how many families would benefit from that and also knowin how many kids might take it da wrong way as he attached a stigma to affordable sneakers/clothing. The problem is when you make a statement like that your making it seem as if thats what your about when his past indicates he is more a sellout than anything. Just like his elbow the black pain will suddenly exit his piehole and never return to be discussed again.
 09-30-2010, 06:52 PM         #197
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jplaydadon said:
give me some examples of black actions (lets not just go civil rights here) that led to the overall condition of blacks being much more improved than in the past. if YOU did some research, like read philadelpha negro by web dubios, you see that we still suffer very similarly, from teh same issues, in largely the same percentages, as we did in the 1900s. are our ppl still disproportionately imprisoned. yes. earn the lowest in income. yes. under represented in govt. yes. when since reconstruction has this not been true? what has really changed dude?

and yes it is about exerting power over other races. in case you havent been paying attention, race is a hierarchical category that distributes power in power relationships, even amongst minorities. check out how blacks and chinese discriminated against each other back in mississippi to gain more social mobility or how blacks discriminated black for the same thing or how the exclusion of one race led to the prominence of another. many modern athropologist will tell you this. there are tons of examples

and i wasnt summing up black power. or potential power in those 3 things. we generally dont have major influence where it matters most TODAY. you put words in my mouth that i didnt say.

actually if YOU read up on the percentages you'll see that there are things that were better back then (such as education) as opposed to now....you want to sum up the entire black expierence by what you deem to be the totality,and ignore the everyday strides black people make through united fronts...power starts from the grass roots,and builds up from a real message,that strikes a chord....thus why i said the problem is utilizing the power that is there for black people....not a lack of power....and most defintely not because we can only exert real power through the "ghetto,sports,and prisons".....these kids got their voices heard nation wide from what you would probably cast aside as nothing...


http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=842662959544


it's not about exerting power over other races...that's asinine...it's about mobilizing power amongst your own to have a voice so that you aren't cast aside...that doesn't require exerting power over other races....that just means you are able to obtain power through a united front to be able to maintain the needs of your people...trying to exert power over others is foolish,and just keeps you in the circle of nonsense moving backwards....and if you know anything about mississippi (got a nice amount of fam there) upward mobility isn't happening for hardly ANYONE...which just proves my point....it's a futile effort that's child like in mentality...


we have power where we choose to place our power...that's the problem with people in general....they believe in every power other than people power...

also...


[video - click to view]

!


Last edited by HotepSuns; 09-30-2010 at 07:00 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #198
TheChampIsHere! 
space
avatar space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
Another thread full of idiots....
 09-30-2010, 07:05 PM         #199
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is the f**kin nba....it would hold more validity for a white guy to be throwin the race card
 09-30-2010, 07:08 PM         #200
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nautilus O said:
Should Be and Are live on two opposite sides of existence, one is fantasy one is real.

You should be aware that racism played a major part with Lebron. You are dumb as fukk cause you are saying we are crying about racism cause we recognize it and you dont.

I recognize racism, this isn't it, several people have stated the same thing.

I never said that should and are were interchangeable, don't misquote me. What you are doing is going to change what? Nothing, the race card is an excuse for pathetic scum to get what they are not willing to work for.

I rather educate myself and not rush to pointing fingers or holding grudges, that is why I can sit here an be unbiased as a black man who sees everyone as equal until proven otherwise, you are being a judgmental prick and honestly don't care about Lebron, you just want to start a race war online because you are pathetic uneducated scum.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
49 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
219 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
147 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy