Why do some consider Joe Montana the greatest QB ever over Peyton Manning?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
119 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #81
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 33 33
 smokeweed101. said:
Same could be said for several other QBs, Brady and Montana without Rice/Moss combined for 5 championships and solid regular seasons, and Young could step into most offenses and do good, he is top 10 regardless.

Bringing up the Cassel argument is stupid, what about the fact Peyton's only championship run was backed by a defense bailing his 7 INTs, and a run game that rushed for 190 yards in the SB, his SB numbers are: 2 TDs and 2 INTs (one in the clutch), Bradys: 7 TDs 1 INT (thrown in the 4th but he returned with a score), Montana: 11 TDs 0 INT.

Don't brag about his accomplishments and avoid his flaws, he is no where near perfect.
Yeah same damn thing I say all the time the man has a 9-9 playoff record if I'm not mistaken and the one year where he did win it all he was caried by his defense and running game (I thought he threw 8 picks and five tds during the sb run). On top of that the rules were changed for him after the 04 afc game, don't get me wrong if I had to win a regular season game I'd take him in a hearbeat because he is a beast.....playoffs not so much.
 7 years ago '06        #82
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,899 | Props total: 2724 2724
 Pitts Gutta said:
I personally think Manning is the greatest ever. If you look at his stats vs Montana's there really isn't a comparison to me. I believe Montana only has the upper edge because of Super Bowl wns. But let's be real. Joe had Rice. Harrison wasn't Rice. Wayne isn't Rice. Why isn't Peyton just flat out considering the greatest?

Peyton Manning (through 12 seasons,3 games):
QB Rating: 95.6
Completion %: 64.9
Yards: 51,141
TD's: 375
Interceptions: 181

Joe Montana (15 seasons):
QB Rating: 92.3
Completion %: 63.2
Yards: 40,551
TD's: 273
Interceptions: 139
You should compare their playoff numbers and you will get your answer.
 7 years ago '06        #83
Trap$tar 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,899 | Props total: 2724 2724
 Illstreet said:
And oh yeah, Montana didn't just have a ton of Hall of Famers, but he had GOAT at their position type players on his teams(Rice, Lott).

And a Revolutionary Coach who changed the game with the West Coast Offense.
Montana won 2 superbowls without Jerry Rice.
 7 years ago '04        #84
MGz 953 heat pts953
space
space
$8,174 | Props total: 8734 8734
Manning is the lebron of the NFL, dude is regular season warrior
 7 years ago '04        #85
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 6788 6788
manning family >> NFL
 7 years ago '04        #86
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 lilmeaty6122 said:
I Hate that people taint these discussions with that peyton choke s**t. The Colt's Defense is a liability in the playoffs which makes Peyton have to score points and take risks on passes with the other team knowing we are going to pass almost 100% of the time. Tom Brady the GOAT finally got his receivers but where's the Jewelry? the DEFENSE won those games he just didnt turn the ball over too much. When was the last time u can recall the pats down 2td at the end of the game and won?? EVERY tom brady SB win has Vineteri KICKING a GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL!! Joe MO is the s**t but you have to remember the 49ers had one of the strongest defenses of its time also. not taking away from what he did cause those games were blowouts except 1. Marvin Harrison has 2 playoff tds out of 16 games. Anthony Gonzo has 3 nuff said
I thought Peyton Manning was the one who threw the interception in the SB for a touchdown to lose the game

I could have sworn the Colts D held the most explosive offense in the league to 2 offensive touchdowns with one of the Touchdowns coming from a short field on an onside kick surprise... This n*gga Manning didnt even score a single point the last 20+ minutes of the game... Please explain how that was his defense fault?

the excuses are pathetic
 7 years ago '04        #87
dre03 
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 2452 2452
 Illstreet said:
There is something to be said about when Montana left, Steve Young Stepped in and was a HOFer... Jerry Rice went the Raiders, was still a Pro-Bowler.

Brady went down for the season?... Matt Cassell was balling his a.ss off after having not started a game since High School.

The Colts bring in Painter...

I'll let you tell it.

And that is not something that can be ignored... As I feel it is one of the key reasons why Manning is so great... His ability to make the WR's better because they play with him...

Harrison wasn't some incredible reciever with Jim Harbaugh... And Reggie Wayne wasn't THAT NICE on some Andre Johnson s**t at Miami...

Dallas Clark... Brandon Stokely... Austin Collie... Peirre Garcon...

What the common theme here?... When they started playing with Manning, they got that much better.

Can't say enough about Manning as to this aspect.
Everything you said went to s**t when you said the Colts bring in Painter...

Matt Cassell was brought in and played with the first team offense...

Steve Young came in and played with the first team offense... When the f**k has Curtis Painter ever played with the first team offense??? Don't worry i will wait

All you are talking about is individual numbers of Peyton's receivers in a system that has proven to work for over a decade now... Peyton Manning is the only QB i know who has had the luxury of playing in the same offensive scheme with the same offensive coordinator Tom Moore for majority of his entire career... Brady has had 3 different offensive coordinators... Montana had over 3 different coordinators... Brett Favre has had multiple coordinators...

And my n*gga only 2 receivers caught more TD's at Miami then Reggie Wayne... Michael Irvin and Lamar Thomas... He set a freshman school record for catches and a school record for most catches at Miami... And this was all done playing alongside Andre Johnson and Santana Moss... Reggie was way better than Johnson at the U... Its just Johnson is a bigger specimen with the same hands... And you gotta remember nobody throws as much as Peyton Manning so his receivers get more chances to succeed so naturally anybody playing with him will have better numbers... doesnt mean they are better
 7 years ago '09        #88
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,662 | Props total: 2782 2782
If we was going off of stats, then Manning would blow Joe out the water, but Joe has won all the big games he has been in unlike Manning. Joe may not have the numbers, but he does have more rings on his finger than Manning (even though he had the GOAT receiver and the GOAT safety)
 7 years ago '10        #89
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,012 | Props total: 5752 5752
 ReggieA said:
If we was going off of stats, then Manning would blow Joe out the water...
That's only if you go off of regular season stats...and to be real Peyton's regular season stats don't "blow Montana's out the water".

Compare Montana's POSTSEASON stats to Peyton Manning's if you wanna see some stats blow another out of the water. Or compare their superbowl stats if you wanna see one player's stats CRUSH anothers.

Yall stuck on some regular season ish.

Postseason > Regular Season
 7 years ago '04        #90
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,602 | Props total: 374 374
exactly.... get your rings up payton... he is smart, he knows the game he will make a great coach.. but Joe Montana is better QB....Troy Aikmen is as well!
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago