Why do some consider Joe Montana the greatest QB ever over Peyton Manning?

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
38 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #41
MadGam325 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,218 | Props total: 2 2
 Pyro911 said:

[pic - click to view]

Orton just put 476, more yards than Elway EVER did in a game.
Orton>Elway (on the colts btw)
Off topic, but this is the poorest GIF execution that I have ever seen.

Carry on...
 7 years ago '06        #42
seewhy14 
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 18 18
How can he be the goat when he's not even the best QB right now. Joe is the best to ever do it
 7 years ago '07        #43
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Brady could have 5 rings right now. The year the Colts won we absolutley s**t the bed in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game, and had we won, Im sure we would have beat the Bears. Then SB 42...lets keep it at that.

I know its all hypothetical and over now, I just think about that a lot....sucks

Gotta say Joe is GOAT though, 4-0 is pretty Crazy
 7 years ago '06        #44
Pyro911 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,249 | Props total: 87 87
 MadGam325 said:
Off topic, but this is the poorest GIF execution that I have ever seen.

Carry on...
lol wtf? dude said somethin i liked, it has nothing to do with the Orton stuff under it
 7 years ago '07        #45
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
I just want to point out that I know most of the posters on here are like 25-26 or younger. Joe Montana retired in 1994. That means the last time you saw him was in 1994. How can these people honestly comment on Joe Montana? Do you remember seeing him when you were 8-9-10 years old? Do you remember seeing him carve up defenses? Or have you hit the film room and watch him play? Are you ordering old 9er games and watching them? Or(the most logical) are you just going off what other people say and see his rings.

I am 21 years old, so I grew up watching people like Peyton, Favre, and Brady. Peyton Manning is the best QB I have ever seen play. I love watching him read defense, make pre-snap reads and changes, make difficult throws, and literally carry a team with no run game or defense(besides the pass rush) I think the Harrison argument is invalid because he is considered one of the greatest ever, but the way I see Peyton making Pierre Garcon and Austin Collie look like All-Pros out there, I question who made who. Also, Harrison was a guy who would ONLY line up on the right side of the field. He NEEDED this silly thing in order to be effective. I think Peyton made Harrison more than vice versa.

In conclusion, I will say Peyton is the best I have ever seen, but if someone who actually watched Joe Montana play, not just based their conclusions off someone else or looked at his picture with rings, say that Joe Cool is best, I have no problem respecting their opinion because I know this person can support their argument.

/rant
 7 years ago '07        #46
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 keithbm1111 said:
Brady could have 5 rings right now. The year the Colts won we absolutley s**t the bed in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game, and had we won, Im sure we would have beat the Bears. Then SB 42...lets keep it at that.

I know its all hypothetical and over now, I just think about that a lot....sucks

Gotta say Joe is GOAT though, 4-0 is pretty Crazy

Manning COULD have 8.
Favre COULD have 4.
Montana COULD have 1.

Fact is, COULDA WOULDA SHOULDA is a bulls**t argument. You have what you have.
 09-30-2010, 07:46 PM         #47
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MythMade said:
Manning COULD have 8.
Favre COULD have 4.
Montana COULD have 1.

But he isn't finished, people talk as if Brady is retired.

Saying he never will win again because he 'blew it' is an a.ssumption just as much as saying 'could or would have'.
 7 years ago '07        #48
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
 MythMade said:
Manning COULD have 8.
Favre COULD have 4.
Montana COULD have 1.

yeah thats why I said "I know its hypothetical, and its over now" and also "i just think about it all the time"
 09-30-2010, 08:00 PM         #49
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
no but he blew being perfect in the big game. Montana is perfect in SB's. Brady had the chance and lost
That doesn't matter to me, maybe to you it does. I don't watch his play by comparing it to Montana, I just watch him do his thing, and he has plenty of time to imo be the best we have seen.
 09-30-2010, 08:51 PM         #50
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
of course it doesnt matter to you. you're a homer

like I said Bias n*ggas opinions dont count
Your only legit stat is superbowl win percentage, so I guess that makes him undeniably better than Peyton since 75 is greater than 50.

Yes its biased to think a loss doesn't make someone unworthy of discussion. Please go back to the cave you came from troll. You are as biased as they come in this section.
 7 years ago '04        #51
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,738 | Props total: 6443 6443

[pic - click to view]

GOAT written all over it!!!!!!!!!!! Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Jerry Rice
 7 years ago '10        #52
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
Montana was the man. Coming from a Colts guy. The league has unquestionably made it easier to pass in 2000's. Rings aren't everything, but Montana has too many of them to not consider that.
Peytons such a f**king G man, I love watching the guy play because he has so much control of that offense. The Colts probably dont even need an Offensive of Coordinator bc Manning basically call his own plays. With that being said I know Manning has better stats than Montana and probally even is a better passer than Montana overall. But Montana has 4 Superbowl rings while Manning has 1 so thats the argument people have going for Montana. If Manning ends up with a couple more rings than there will be no question he was better than Montana but until than its a debatable topic.
 7 years ago '04        #53
OaklandsFinest 
space
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 25 25
 Pitts Gutta said:
I personally think Manning is the greatest ever. If you look at his stats vs Montana's there really isn't a comparison to me. I believe Montana only has the upper edge because of Super Bowl wns. But let's be real. Joe had Rice. Harrison wasn't Rice. Wayne isn't Rice. Why isn't Peyton just flat out considering the greatest?

Peyton Manning (through 12 seasons,3 games):
QB Rating: 95.6
Completion %: 64.9
Yards: 51,141
TD's: 375
Interceptions: 181

Joe Montana (15 seasons):
QB Rating: 92.3
Completion %: 63.2
Yards: 40,551
TD's: 273
Interceptions: 139
Wow you have the odacity to question Joe Montana? The blasphemy of this post lol.. You must be 15 years old.
 7 years ago '04        #54
OaklandsFinest 
space
space
space
$1,270 | Props total: 25 25
Alot of people on Boxden compare stats and say Mannning is better. BUT never watched a game with Montana. When I watched Montana I just knew if the Niners were down they would ALWAYS catch up and win. Never did I ever doubt Joe Montana. Look at Manning and Brady. Those Superbowl loses. Montana would be even more clutch than the regular season. Look at what he did to the Broncos dismantled there a.sses by the first qtr. Bengals lead them to victory with 2 mins left. This man is the GOAT.
 10-01-2010, 08:12 AM         #55
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
yeah he lost in the SB with them

Brady won with no name guys... Deion Branch (hows his career been since he left NE)
yeah and bradys defenses have ALWAYS been better than Peyton's defenses which is a huge reason they won those SB's

i was making a point about how that bandwagon idiot was trying to discredit peyton by saying who his receivers were. the point went over your head as usual. go bak to the hip hop spot

Last edited by Cheeze; 10-01-2010 at 08:14 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #56
lilmeaty6122 
space
space
space
$780 | Props total: 1 1
I Hate that people taint these discussions with that peyton choke s**t. The Colt's Defense is a liability in the playoffs which makes Peyton have to score points and take risks on passes with the other team knowing we are going to pass almost 100% of the time. Tom Brady the GOAT finally got his receivers but where's the Jewelry? the DEFENSE won those games he just didnt turn the ball over too much. When was the last time u can recall the pats down 2td at the end of the game and won?? EVERY tom brady SB win has Vineteri KICKING a GAME WINNING FIELD GOAL!! Joe MO is the s**t but you have to remember the 49ers had one of the strongest defenses of its time also. not taking away from what he did cause those games were blowouts except 1. Marvin Harrison has 2 playoff tds out of 16 games. Anthony Gonzo has 3 nuff said
 10-01-2010, 09:26 AM         #57
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only person who was ahead of Peyton in my mind was Marino...

But after last year, and what he did with those scrubs, almost going undefeated... Dude is the best ever.

Simple as it gets. Unless he has some injury where his career gets cut short, Peyton Manning will be the GOAT.

Last edited by Illstreet; 10-01-2010 at 09:30 AM..
 10-01-2010, 09:29 AM         #58
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And oh yeah, Montana didn't just have a ton of Hall of Famers, but he had GOAT at their position type players on his teams(Rice, Lott).

And a Revolutionary Coach who changed the game with the West Coast Offense.
 7 years ago '10        #59
hustlershope84 
space
space
space
$1,332 | Props total: 35 35
The fact of the matter is that anybody who's followed Peyton's career year in year out, knows he's the best qb in league history and its not really for debate really. Joe was the product of a good system plain and simple Steve Young stepped right in and now he's in the HOF.
 10-01-2010, 09:58 AM         #60
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Montana won two before Rice, with Clark and Craig (a back) as his leading receivers. He had great defense but was good long before Rice.

The Pats had a ten point lead cut to seven in their last SB win (no game winning kick), and before that the Pats defense broke down to the Panthers, Brady threw 3 touchdowns and was torching them second half.
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
70 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
80 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
26 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy