Why do some consider Joe Montana the greatest QB ever over Peyton Manning?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
94 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
130 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
284 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #21
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
I think when its all said it done Peyton will be the GOAT, the man puts up stupid numbers year in and year out. I bet if you ask any Def Coordinator who is the one quarterback they hate to face is that man.
 09-30-2010, 02:09 AM         #22
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we talking QB skill Peyton is GOAT
 7 years ago '04        #23
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
Joe Montana never lost a Super Bowl and has 4 rings. He's the GOAT.. Brady had a chance to pass him but lost to the Giants in the SB..
 09-30-2010, 11:02 AM         #24
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
4-0 in SB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3-1

@ having the highest scoring offense ever and only scoring 14 on a wildcard team. Joe cool never lost a SB . brady is great but ur homerism is showing
And your bias isn't in the least bit?

Brady is a legit choice whether you like it or not, I have him second but he is good enough to be mentioned.
 7 years ago '04        #25
thisisgame 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 41 41
lol at tc not showing superbowl wins in his "facts"

this thread sucks
 7 years ago '05        #26
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
You clearly never watched Montana play. I grew up watching him play and it was great. My favorite QBs of all time. Manning is a f**king genius out there, don't get me wrong, but Montana was the better all around QB and winner with less Talent than Manning.
 7 years ago '07        #27
ttime236 38 heat pts38
space
space
$10,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Ldogg310 said:
reason # 10920293094 why i hate this section

every wanna throw up stats when talking about who's better

stats dont mean s**t

its all about timeframe and accomplishments ON THE FIELD, most of the field stats dont show up
Exactly. When you talk bout the greats ones, everybody got numbers. Rings are the measuring stick

Also, todays league is a basically a 7 on 7 passing style out there. Every qb these days is dropping 4000+ and 25 tds+. Montana was the best of his time and the 4 rings confirm that

IMO, Marino was the best alltime if your talking pure talent. Marino was truly ahead of his time. He would have crazy numbers if he played in todays league
 09-30-2010, 12:02 PM         #28
@RG3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont like throwing up just strictly rings in this situation...

Stats
+
Skill
+
Accomplishments

imo peyton manning has the most skill out of any QB ive ever seen play football irl and video. The way this guy can look at a defense understand what they are trying to do and take that away from them in less than 25 secs.. The way this guy can make players like Marvin Harrison (who was nothing before peyton) Reggie Wayne (who granted is a good player but without peyton he isnt elite) and players like Garcon and Collie and Dallas clark big time receivers is something like ive never seen and he does it year in and year out. Peyton is also a On Field Offensive Coordinator basically knows what plays to call in the huddle and which plays to not call... dungy said it the other day on sunday night football, he will tell peyton the play on the field but peyton has the final say in what will be run.

He only has one title but i believe he will have 2 more before hes done.

Stats.. this guy can put up stats like none other with the way he dissects the defense.
 7 years ago '07        #29
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
Peyton cant win big games, therefore he wont ever be GOAT. Maybe regular season GOAT, but he continues choke in big games
 09-30-2010, 12:04 PM         #30
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
Off Topic, but............

If Brady was throwing to Harrison and Wayne for the entire first half of his career he'd be the leader in every stat category possible career wise for a QB.

Just saying.

Carry on with your thread.
have you seen what manning has done with Garcon and Collie? get outta here with that s**t he's proven he can turn no name receivers into household names
 7 years ago '08        #31
VerbalAssassin 100 heat pts100
space
space
$16,096 | Props total: 2717 2717
 FrankAndBeans said:
God damn man you could at least google Joe Montana's accomplishments before you ramble off such foolishness.

Like ya boy already said, Joe Montana won 2 Superbowls before Jerry Rice got there...and he won it throwing to some n*ggas named Freddie Solomon and Dwight Clark. You MIGHT have heard of Dwight Clark but no one knows Freddie Solomon.

But why is Joe Montana considered the G.O.A.T. and not Peyton Manning? Because Joe Montana was beyond great in the post-season and straight f*ckin' LEGENDARY in Superbowls. Any REAL football fan knows that POSTSEASON > REGULAR SEASON. Peyton on the other hand has been known to under-perform in the post-season. Even in the only superbowl he won (in which they gifted him the MVP) he posted up a rather average QB rating of 81.7. I can't think of anything great Peyton Manning has ever done in the postseason...Montana on the other hand...

Peyton Manning PostSeason
Playoff QB Rating: 87.4
Superbowl QB Rating: 83.5

Joe Montana PostSeason
Playoff QB Rating: 95.6
Superbowl QB Rating: 127.8 <---:wow:

Peyton Manning's regular season stats (as well as others) have been inflated due to recent rule changes that limit the way cornerbacks can contact WRs. Before the rule change (which went into effect in 2004) Peyton's career QB rating was 88.1. As soon as the rule changed Peyton threw for 49 touchdowns.

But anyway...

Joe Montana: 4 superbowls, 11 SB TDs, no SB INTs
Peyton Manning: 1-1 in superbowls.

I'll take a postseason great over a regular season great anyday.
 7 years ago '08        #32
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
respect your decision because peyton is obviously a future HOFer

but

[pic - click to view]

Montana is without question THE GOAT
 7 years ago '08        #33
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,764 | Props total: 12244 12244
I take this the same as the Kobe v MJ debate

Just wait till his career over and people will be shocked to see the results.
 7 years ago '09        #34
29 26 6 heat pts
space
space
$11,181 | Props total: 2582 2582
 FrankAndBeans said:
God damn man you could at least google Joe Montana's accomplishments before you ramble off such foolishness.

Like ya boy already said, Joe Montana won 2 Superbowls before Jerry Rice got there...and he won it throwing to some n*ggas named Freddie Solomon and Dwight Clark. You MIGHT have heard of Dwight Clark but no one knows Freddie Solomon.

But why is Joe Montana considered the G.O.A.T. and not Peyton Manning? Because Joe Montana was beyond great in the post-season and straight f*ckin' LEGENDARY in Superbowls. Any REAL football fan knows that POSTSEASON > REGULAR SEASON. Peyton on the other hand has been known to under-perform in the post-season. Even in the only superbowl he won (in which they gifted him the MVP) he posted up a rather average QB rating of 81.7. I can't think of anything great Peyton Manning has ever done in the postseason...Montana on the other hand...

Peyton Manning PostSeason
Playoff QB Rating: 87.4
Superbowl QB Rating: 83.5

Joe Montana PostSeason
Playoff QB Rating: 95.6
Superbowl QB Rating: 127.8 <---:wow:

Peyton Manning's regular season stats (as well as others) have been inflated due to recent rule changes that limit the way cornerbacks can contact WRs. Before the rule change (which went into effect in 2004) Peyton's career QB rating was 88.1. As soon as the rule changed Peyton threw for 49 touchdowns.

But anyway...

Joe Montana: 4 superbowls, 11 SB TDs, no SB INTs
Peyton Manning: 1-1 in superbowls.

I'll take a postseason great over a regular season great anyday.
:agreement6:If Joe had played with the same rules today, back then, he would've had a longer career with staggering numbers. Dude was a monster either way you look at it.
 09-30-2010, 01:52 PM         #35
smokeweed101. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 slimwillie said:
bias? how are facts bias?

4-0>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3-1 (not even like u were underdogs in the one loss)

I say Brady is top5 EASY, no bias here but Brady blew his shot to be GOAT when he scored14 against the Giants with the most prolific offense ever
I won't even bother with this, you are clearly anti-boston, I never said he was better than Montana but your argument is worthless regardless, Brady is only 33.
 7 years ago '05        #36
J Real 
space
space
space
$963 | Props total: 62 62
Payton and Brady dont bave to take the beating old school qbs did either. If u touch a qb now its a flag backin theday you could
Powerbomb the qb and he would get his a.ss back up and play. New qbs are pus*ys compaired to the old scbool
 7 years ago '09        #37
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,420 | Props total: 12359 12359
I would say many people take Joe over Peyton because Peyton's career isn't done and Joe has more accomplished. Actually, I think from a pure talent perspective only, Peyton Manning could be the greatest QB ever. But, you need more than that to be considered top dawg though.

Ain't nobody gonna say Randy Moss is the greatest ever because from a pure talent perspective he is so dont do it for Manning.
 7 years ago '06        #38
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 slimwillie said:
4-0 in SB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>3-1

@ having the highest scoring offense ever and only scoring 14 on a wildcard team. Joe cool never lost a SB . brady is great but ur homerism is showing
That Giants team was a great defensive team. Like they say, any given sunday. I don't have any hate for the Giants that was a well coached team that just executed better on that day.

Brady's still got plenty of time left, he's set the records, he's won the superbowls and he's only just in the past couple of years had legitimate wide receivers to throw to. Am I biased to Brady? Of-f**king-course I am, he's on my team. But no one is gonna tell me that Peyton is without question better than Brady like the threadstarter did that's just downright foolish. Is it arguable between the 2? Sure. But anyone who's gonna act like it's case closed that Peyton is f**king with Brady is an idiot.
 7 years ago '09        #39
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
Montana was the man. Coming from a Colts guy. The league has unquestionably made it easier to pass in 2000's. Rings aren't everything, but Montana has too many of them to not consider that.
 7 years ago '10        #40
prettyklever 121 heat pts121
space
space
$3,773 | Props total: 1175 1175
 Pitts Gutta said:
I personally think Manning is the greatest ever. If you look at his stats vs Montana's there really isn't a comparison to me. I believe Montana only has the upper edge because of Super Bowl wns. But let's be real. Joe had Rice. Harrison wasn't Rice. Wayne isn't Rice. Why isn't Peyton just flat out considering the greatest?

Peyton Manning (through 12 seasons,3 games):
QB Rating: 95.6
Completion %: 64.9
Yards: 51,141
TD's: 375
Interceptions: 181

Joe Montana (15 seasons):
QB Rating: 92.3
Completion %: 63.2
Yards: 40,551
TD's: 273
Interceptions: 139
Because of the 4 superbowls that he (Montana) won. I don't think Peyton is done though. Before the end of his career I say he gets 2 more...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
99 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
219 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy