Derrick Rose: "Why Can't I Be MVP?"

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #1
8768 pageviews
160 comments

beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
Derrick Rose: "Why Can't I Be MVP?"

[pic - click to view]

“It’s high,” Rose said of self-confidence. “The way I look at it within myself, why not? Why can’t I be the MVP of the league,” he asked. “Why can’t I be the best player in the league? I don't see why [not]. Why can’t I do that?"

“I think I work hard. I think I dedicate myself to the game and sacrifice a lot of things at a young age, and I know if I continue to do good, what I can get out of it.”

While I do not think he will win MVP this season but how about in the future? Why not? let’s think about this for a second.

Derrick Rose which as I stated he won’t win the MVP this season unless he has improved his game to the next level to be considering MVP. I think a season or two he maybe consider to be MVP realistically, but you got to love his confidence and you can not blame a player who wants to win the MVP and wants to be the best player in the league.

Again, he will not win it this season unless he improved his game to the very next level, but you got to think the long-term that will he ever win MVP? In a long-term I think so or even consider to get votes to win the MVP.

Let’s look at the obstacles that stack against present and future:

Lebron James and Dwyane Wade———–Now I personally think they’ll work things together chemistry wise but will their ego let it in a long-term? I think so but what about the chemistry for the rest of their teammates? That is something to think about it and also they can not win the MVP every year right or am I wrong?

Kobe Bryant————–As a great player he was but now he is starting to slowly decline which it started last season, at this point I can not see him win MVP anytime soon especially the competition from other candidates are in the running. It is possible that he could win one more MVP or two when it’s all set and done.

Kevin Durant————–He is in the taking, he is young, hungry, and he is improving every year. He is a superstar in the making no I take it back he is a superstar and I could see him win numerous MVP but as I say about both Lebron James and Dwyane Wade. He can not win it every year right?

Chris Paul—————-Right now he is in the wrong situation, if he cannot take his team to have a very good record couple years ago or so, he will not even win the MVP, taking his team to at least the eight seed won’t be enough. His team needs to do better and while he have to perform a high level again to even win the MVP.

Obvious the Chicago Bulls have and will need to have a better season with a great record say maybe 50+wins they may need to have a better record then the Utah Jazz and the Orlando Magic to have Derrick Rose get past Dwight Howard and even Deron Williams. Of course Derrick Rose himself also have to step up his game to the next level.

I know a lot of big ifs but it is possible that he could win MVP but to do that as I pointed out, he needs to step up his game which meaning that there has to be a greatly improvement to his game. Plus now that he has help this season and his team take a step forward with the off-season movement, what about the long-term? Well as I say his team also need to perform well from the wins and loss record as well. Back to Derrick Rose improvement he needs in the following to even win the MVP.

-Improve his defense, man to man, f!ght through the screens better, and defend the pick and roll very well.

-His a.ssists will probably improve with his new team so I expect that to go up this season and so forth in the future.

-He may take more shots this year compare to last season, but he will not have much trouble driving to the lane to the basket and possible convert one more basket which force the defense to foul him. Do not forget that he have both Carlos Boozer and Kyle Korver converting more baskets and help gain Derrick Rose’s a.ssist

That will help him this season but here is the thing, Derrick Rose loves to avoid contact as much he drives to the lane. While sometime last season he does try to draw contact but at times the NBA officials do not call it but Derrick Rose does not do it consistently he needs to do it consistently to draw a contact and get to the line and hit his free throws.

I will say this, I do not think Derrick Rose will win the MVP this season but there is always a slight and the key term slightly chance that Derrick Rose could win the MVP this season. But again the if is where it comes in, after the two elite players from Miami then the most focus on is Kevin Durant and Dwight Howard which will be tough for Derrick Rose to win it unless they under-perform which is not like going to happen or an injury to happen.

I do not wish to any player of an injury but I trying to make a point, then maybe Derrick Rose could win the MVP even though he is not the best player in the league right now. But of course he have to lead his team to at least maybe the number 2 seed in the playoffs for the Eastern Conferences to even be in the consideration.

Rather you agree or disagree that Derrick Rose to win the MVP this season or later in the future, you got to admit that you love his attitude and what he can bring to the table. He is a star player and I believe he will get better from each year, he have the swagger, ability, skills, and tool to do so.

[pic - click to view]

Derrick Rose MVP? Why not? | Bleacher Report

Last edited by beantown; 09-29-2010 at 08:43 PM..

160 comments for "Derrick Rose: "Why Can't I Be MVP?""

7 years ago '04        #2
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,722 | Props total: 13115 13115
cuz u cant shoot
Lurker gave props

7 years ago '07        #3
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6135 6135
or read

Last edited by JamcnPrettyboy; 09-29-2010 at 08:45 PM..
GarySanchize24 gave props

09-29-2010, 08:43 PM         #4
Lex Lossis 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cuz you can't read defenses
 7 years ago '06        #5
beantown 74 heat pts74 OP
space
space
He probably doesn't know what MVP stands for. Leave him alone.
 7 years ago '05        #6
Mr Hyde 22 heat pts22
space
space
$2,872 | Props total: 0 0
 7 years ago '06        #7
space
space
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
or read

yea thanks for the edit. my bad about that bro. I almost spit my drink out when I read that tho.
 7 years ago '07        #8
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
lol derrick rose gotta be in the top 10 most hated players on boxden
 7 years ago '07        #9
dnycem 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,743 | Props total: 1751 1751
I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the MVP race this season
Lurker gave props

7 years ago '07        #10
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6135 6135
 beantown said:

yea thanks for the edit. my bad about that bro. I almost spit my drink out when I read that tho.
lol i was like "wtf did i just read? i know that n*gga is illiterate but he can't be that damn stupid". then i saw that it was gone.
 7 years ago '05        #11
Based_One 79 heat pts79
space
space
$9,709 | Props total: 7001 7001
because you can't lil n*gga get over it fareal tho i don't give a damn prolly go to Durant anyway
Lurker gave props

7 years ago '07        #12
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,226 | Props total: 19985 19985
 Fly or Die said:
Because i'm a delusional heart broken cav fan .
fixed
 7 years ago '06        #13
01seay 83 heat pts83
space
space
$20,976 | Props total: 3524 3524
That site needs a better writer...he kept repeating himself over and over.....

...and the hate is strong in this thread.
 7 years ago '06        #14
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:
lol derrick rose gotta be in the top 10 most hated players on boxden
I don't think anyone really hates him that much, I just think that his image is tarnished because he had to cheat on his SATs to get into college. Plus his stans are annoying though with all the Jesus references and whatnot. He's just that lovable retard that people like to make fun of.
 7 years ago '05        #15
Garnet & Gold 42 heat pts42
space
space
$33,296 | Props total: 16 16
If you can't spell it, you can't do it.
 7 years ago '06        #16
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
yall some haters ...but he needs a shot lol
 09-29-2010, 09:07 PM         #17
WordisBond 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel the hate. its strong
 7 years ago '08        #18
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,390 | Props total: 1645 1645
 01seay said:
That site needs a better writer...he kept repeating himself over and over.....

...and the hate is strong in this thread.
And it is rising to new heights.
 7 years ago '08        #19
EvesOfAkira 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,086 | Props total: 0 0
the hate is indeed Very strong.

Rose 4 MVP!
 7 years ago '09        #20
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,073 | Props total: 22482 22482
n*gga has a better shot at a finals mvp in about 8 years than a league mvp
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy