Sep 29 - Earth-Like Planet Discovered A Mere 20 Light Years Away

most viewed right now
 329
Drake- Iím Upset
214 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 164
Image(s) inside Rhymefest Responds To Kim Kardashian!
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 120
Kim Kardashian ethers Rhymefest!!
237 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 106
50 cent and floyd mayweather beefing again #getthestrap
66 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #61
Exs 159 heat pts159
space
avatar space
space
$5,972 | Props total: 1816 1816
Amazing... Christianity Loses Again

 8 years ago '05        #62
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 12 12
 bobbysteels18 said:
20 Light Years Away thats it not far at all lets go.
lmao, thats pretty far considering that it is damn near impossible to get to the exact speed of 186,000 miles per SECOND. if i am not mistaken, scientist have only been able to devise methods of travels that get then close to/around the speed of light.

and you have to picture the following (example inspired from "chariots of the gods")

if a group of astronauts travel to this planet at close to the speed of light, it will take them approx. 20 years to reach it, and 20 years to return. within that time, like a 100+ years would pass here on our planet, so it would suck for them either way.

1). they will be 20 years older then they currently are when most astronauts age's are 30's and up

2). all their peers and family will have passed away.

3). they will be dead or older than dirt when they return, which will take an additional 20 years.

lmao.
 8 years ago '05        #63
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
avatar space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 12 12
 ra1n said:
I always think about s**t like this.

Imagine if that planet is inhabited by people that are thousands of years more advanced than us and had the cure for aids, cancer, etc.

Imagine reading their version of wikipedia
Earth:
The backwater planet that is forbidden to travelers, due to the extreme rate of war they perpetuate amongst themselves.
 8 years ago '04        #64
Exs 159 heat pts159
space
avatar space
space
$5,972 | Props total: 1816 1816
 ronin said:
lmao, thats pretty far considering that it is damn near impossible to get to the exact speed of 186,000 miles per SECOND. if i am not mistaken, scientist have only been able to devise methods of travels that get then close to/around the speed of light.

and you have to picture the following (example inspired from "chariots of the gods")

if a group of astronauts travel to this planet at close to the speed of light, it will take them approx. 20 years to reach it, and 20 years to return. within that time, like a 100+ years would pass here on our planet, so it would suck for them either way.

1). they will be 20 years older then they currently are when most astronauts age's are 30's and up

2). all their peers and family will have passed away.

3). they will be dead or older than dirt when they return, which will take an additional 20 years.

lmao.

Im sorry but those are sacrfices that any scientific mind would make to visit a new planet...

Your rebutals to this wonderful news are close minded and elementary


Last edited by Exs; 09-29-2010 at 11:13 PM..
 8 years ago '06        #65
RAZAH CUTS 6070 heat pts6070
space
avatar space
space
$55,982 | Props total: 24591 24591
lol @ them sayin a mere 20 lightyears....that's still un-reachable as s**t...

must've not picked up on the sarcsasm or something i dunno...*shrugs*
 8 years ago '04        #66
Exs 159 heat pts159
space
avatar space
space
$5,972 | Props total: 1816 1816
 RAZAH CUTS said:
lol @ them sayin a mere 20 lightyears....that's still un-reachable as s**t...

must've not picked up on the sarcsasm or something i dunno...*shrugs*

Godamn lol... Give it some time... News broke an hour ago

Give it 20 years and we'll be sending people
 09-30-2010, 12:55 AM         #67
Trillnigga 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I wonder if there's any Weed on it! Some "Galactic 1iyth7597" Some real potent s**t!
 09-30-2010, 01:09 AM         #68
LIDerally22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll bring the diesel!
 09-30-2010, 01:18 AM         #69
Icemouth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dragswizz said:
Godamn lol... Give it some time... News broke an hour ago

Give it 20 years and we'll be sending people


It took us thousands of years to get to the moon.....#wheretheydothatat
 09-30-2010, 01:56 AM         #70
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DrX said:
what those people were just like us lol...wouldnt that suck? i wonder how they look because if the dudes on that planet ugly..it gives us all a shot at their fine hoes
hahahahahah

 8 years ago '06        #71
Yung Dilla 1500 heat pts1500
space
avatar space
space
$57,620 | Props total: 37152 37152
Well a year in space is 8 years on earth. So it still will take them a while but earth would be changed like a motha when they get back....... I bet the government has the s**t we need to get there already we just won't know about it....


Last edited by Yung Dilla; 09-30-2010 at 03:29 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #72
SyDuck 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,406 | Props total: 448 448
 Nyse03 said:
in terms of miles how far/long is 20 light years...im ignorant on the subject but im guessin its about 20 liftimes away with our technology
it would take 20 years to get there going at the speed of light.

aka

3x10^8 m/s for 20 years

aka 300,000,000 meters per second for 20 years

haha
 09-30-2010, 08:01 AM         #73
fmoney88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dragswizz said:
Amazing... Christianity Loses Again

how so? The universe is the world god created. Earth is just part of it
 8 years ago '05        #74
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 doczdaname said:
its not scary, I want to see what is out there. It's more fascinating than scary..
yeup

couldnt of said it better.
 8 years ago '05        #75
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
avatar space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 fmoney88 said:
how so? The universe is the world god created. Earth is just part of it
because its ignorant to think that we are "gods" only creation with planets in a habitable zone around a star so close to us. and for people to still a.ssume that we are alone in this universe, of such size that is nearly incomprehensible, is beyond me.

people need to open their eyes and see that we aren't quite as rare as we think.

Christianity and most other religions loose.
 8 years ago '05        #76
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 34 34
 Freemind said:
because its ignorant to think that we are "gods" only creation with planets in a habitable zone around a star so close to us. and for people to still a.ssume that we are alone in this universe, of such size that is nearly incomprehensible, is beyond me.

people need to open their eyes and see that we aren't quite as rare as we think.

Christianity and most other religions loose.
so do your teachers.
 8 years ago '09        #77
K0ntrast 66 heat pts66
space
avatar space
space
$30,581 | Props total: 15804 15804
I'm ready let's do this
 09-30-2010, 09:27 AM         #78
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
because its ignorant to think that we are "gods" only creation with planets in a habitable zone around a star so close to us. and for people to still a.ssume that we are alone in this universe, of such size that is nearly incomprehensible, is beyond me.

people need to open their eyes and see that we aren't quite as rare as we think.

Christianity and most other religions loose.
Mmmmm we could of still been chosen though or created

from the fact that nasa probes are only able to go a certain distance outside our solarsystem before slowing down adds to this theory and puts religion in a sensible place within science.
 8 years ago '04        #79
ggfresh 15 heat pts15
space
avatar space
space
$2,768 | Props total: 101 101
 Sniggit said:
Mmmmm we could of still been chosen though or created

from the fact that nasa probes are only able to go a certain distance outside our solarsystem before slowing down adds to this theory and puts religion in a sensible place within science.
You have to factor in that the space probe is like 40 years old and communications to earth are like 400 billion miles away. The further it gets the harder to get accurate results.
 09-30-2010, 09:56 AM         #80
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ggfresh said:
You have to factor in that the space probe is like 40 years old and communications to earth are like 400 billion miles away. The further it gets the harder to get accurate results.
Thats fair enough, but it wouldnt happen to 4 different generations of probes, since they have estimated/found out the just about exact speed of how much it is slowing down

Thats my 2 cents anyway, only from what ive read.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 45
#bigbreasttwitter
54 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 37
The Carter III Documentary Waynes Lawyers Didn't Want Us To See! (Addiction,bi..
59 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 23
Image(s) inside This guy slaps your girls ass... wyd
117 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside 1st Madden 19 details revealed
76 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 14
Nicki Minaj Reveals She's Dating Eminem
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside May 25 - Pablo Escobarís hitman Popeye arrested in Colombia
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy