Donnie Walsh Admits Trading 1st Rounder For McGrady Was A Mistake

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #41
SmokinPiff 
space
space
$844 | Props total: 0 0
 A.O.™ said:
Why not just give up 2013 pick for Melo... wtf's the big deal?
I see you chose not to read the story... it's explained in the article

and everybody talking about knicks lost and Donnie's dumb... more then half of you root for teams that f**king suck just as bad as the knicks have recently and/or have crappy gm's. it was a salary dump trade. he didn't really give up the pick with the thought that tmac was gonna be the franchises savior. he did it because he wanted to hit a home run in free angency. he ended up hitting a double. if he doesn't make that trade then we have no shot at LeBron & Bosh. it doesn't matter that he ended up with neither, cuz just like the lotto, you gotta be in it to win it...

also without the tmac trade, there would have been no complete overhual of the team. which means we could have signed Amare, but not have been able to make the Lee trade and get Randolph, AZ & Turiaf... or we could have made the Lee trade, but not have had enough money to sign Amare. couldn't have done both without the tmac trade.

the man is a good gm. he came into the off season with multiple plans. how many gm's would've been in panic mode and wasted money on crappy free agents if their whole plan was to get LeBron and they didn't? (NJ)... he made the team better and put them in a position of financial flexibility over the next few years... thats a good off season to me...

also, who the f**k thought that Carmelo was gonna be available this year? you're a f**king liar if you said you did. do you consider your gm a f**k up because they don't have the a.ssets to obtain Carmelo? if not, then shut the f**k up
 7 years ago '04        #42
J.BEEZY 10 heat pts10
space
space
$8,323 | Props total: 2472 2472
 mt fuji said:
Bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush

shoulda admitted most his moves are mistakes
 7 years ago '07        #43
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
i knew this s**t when they made the trade tmac sucks and there goes another 1st round pick

they dont got 1 till 2014. and lol at any of u thinking that t mac was or ever could be on a level of the greats dude just had a nice hot run and thats it .
are you serious? I see you don't know how to comprehend what you read... how did you come to the genius conclusion that they don't have a 1st rd pick until 2014?

if you read or know anything... the only time the knicks don't have a 1st rounder is 2012.

2011 1st rd pick (HOU has the right to swap... not take outright)
2012 - don't have one... HOU has it.
2013 - NY has it
2014 - NY has it

the reason why they can't trade one until 2014, is because of the NBA rule that a team can not trade 1st rd picks in consecutive years... they traded their 2012 pick, hence they can't give one up again until 2014... cuz 2013 would be... consecutive years seriously, why can't you n*ggas understand s**t that was in print for you to read? it was all in the article.

alot of you n*ggas need some schoolin'
 7 years ago '04        #44
TVee 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,305 | Props total: 1913 1913
 Blkboipurp said:
Well at the end of the day the knicks are a better team than they were from the past years so to all the haters saying knicks lost....................

Knicks Lost
 09-22-2010, 10:36 PM         #45
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no it wasnt...t-bac gonna get hurt the first game
 7 years ago '04        #46
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
 SuppaSlick said:
Dont be gullible
Believe it or not everyone that follows someone up isn't a complete idiot.
 09-22-2010, 11:32 PM         #47
Yellob0y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

Tracy McGrady >>>>>>
 7 years ago '04        #48
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,464 | Props total: 6618 6618
 Dee Grande said:
everybody outside of NY with a brain knew lebron wasn't going to the knicks
Man who you telling right?!?!
 7 years ago '04        #49
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
Donnie wasn't wrong in doing it and he wasn't right in doing it yet.

If NY don't end up getting Melo chances are the trade is the reason it didn't happen because of the picks.

If NY ends up with Melo theres a pretty good chances Randolph might be part of that deal which couldn't happen unless that trade was done with Houston.

If you think Donnie failed look at the facts. He did it to get 2 stars and he still has a chance to do that.
 7 years ago '08        #50
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 DubA169 said:
yeah i'm sure you knew that he was going to sign with bosh and wade in miami.

you're full of s**t. nobody knew that this punk would lose in the 2nd round. nobody kne wthat he would choose to be a sidekick

it was a bad trade, but i'm not going to knock him for it. i would have done the same thing. it was an opportunity to become championship contenders overnight.

my prediction of him not going to NY had nothing to do with him losing in the 2nd round or wanting to be a sidekick. even if he'd won a championship or wanted to be the man, i still didn't have him in NY. the franchise hasn't done s**t since the early 70s, the owner is an idiot, the gm is an idiot, the coach is average, save for amare -the supporting cast is average to a.ss, the fans are a**holes and the media is nosy as s**t

Last edited by Dee Grande; 09-22-2010 at 11:52 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #51
Soraci7 34 heat pts34
space
space
$14,081 | Props total: 39 39
 Dee Grande said:
my prediction of him not going to NY had nothing to do with him losing in the 2nd round or wanting to be a sidekick. even if he'd won a championship or wanted to be the man, i still didn't have him in NY. the franchise hasn't done s**t since the early 70s, the owner is an idiot, the gm is an idiot, the coach is average, save for amare -the supporting cast is average to a.ss, the fans are a**holes and the media is nosy as s**t
 7 years ago '07        #52
I Am The Truth 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,890 | Props total: 2244 2244
 SmokinPiff said:
I see you chose not to read the story... it's explained in the article

and everybody talking about knicks lost and Donnie's dumb... more then half of you root for teams that f**king suck just as bad as the knicks have recently and/or have crappy gm's. it was a salary dump trade. he didn't really give up the pick with the thought that tmac was gonna be the franchises savior. he did it because he wanted to hit a home run in free angency. he ended up hitting a double. if he doesn't make that trade then we have no shot at LeBron & Bosh. it doesn't matter that he ended up with neither, cuz just like the lotto, you gotta be in it to win it...

also without the tmac trade, there would have been no complete overhual of the team. which means we could have signed Amare, but not have been able to make the Lee trade and get Randolph, AZ & Turiaf... or we could have made the Lee trade, but not have had enough money to sign Amare. couldn't have done both without the tmac trade.

the man is a good gm. he came into the off season with multiple plans. how many gm's would've been in panic mode and wasted money on crappy free agents if their whole plan was to get LeBron and they didn't? (NJ)... he made the team better and put them in a position of financial flexibility over the next few years... thats a good off season to me...

also, who the f**k thought that Carmelo was gonna be available this year? you're a f**king liar if you said you did. do you consider your gm a f**k up because they don't have the a.ssets to obtain Carmelo? if not, then shut the f**k up
the truth has been spoken...
i was about to say everything u just said... very few realistic ppl here on BX
 7 years ago '04        #53
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
another day another mistake.
 7 years ago '05        #54
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
it was stupid becuase it was for a one year rental..
everyone knows your not the same the first year after that surgery

i guarentee mac is putting up atleast 18 5 and 5 this yearon the pistons
 09-23-2010, 08:44 AM         #55
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Afnorth123 said:
it was stupid becuase it was for a one year rental..
everyone knows your not the same the first year after that surgery

i guarentee mac is putting up atleast 18 5 and 5 this yearon the pistons

the trade had NOTHING to do with t mac the player....it's incredible to me to watch people keep talking about this trade being about t mac the player as opposed to his EXPIRING CONTRACT....knicks never had any intentions of keeping t mac around anyhow....
 7 years ago '05        #56
Lil Jay 05 19 heat pts19
space
space
$8,687 | Props total: 515 515
Knicks fans swore they won that trade when it went down.
 7 years ago '05        #57
Htown_Koopa 
space
space
$2,679 | Props total: 16 16
Knicks lost
 7 years ago '07        #58
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Lil Jay 05 said:
Knicks fans swore they won that trade when it went down.
we did... we got cap relief and the ability to go out and sign free agents. nobody cared about tmac nobody even had Carmelo in their thought process for this summer. the tmac trade was all about getting under the cap, making a run at LeBron and/or just making the team better...

Acquired:
Amare Stoudemire (10x better then the man he's replacing, D.Lee)
Anthony Randolph (young more athletic version of Lamar Odom)
Kelenna Azubuike (a true 2 guard that can knock down the three & defend)
Raymond Felton (waaaaaaaay better then Duhon/Rodriguez &House)
Ronny Turiaf (a Charles Oakley type. who doesn't need buckets to be happy)
Timofey Mozgov (the best player on the Russian team that played decently in the FIBA tournament)
Roger Mason (Played pretty well a couple of yrs ago for the Spurs)

Not Returning: D. Lee /T. McGrady /C. Duhon /S. Rodriguez /E. House /J. Bender /E. Barron /J.R. Giddens /A. Harrington

I don't know about you but that looks like a win to me aside from Lee, it's all scrubs that were not as good as the guys they brought in to replace them :dancingcool:

add that to the fact that, Gallo is only 22 & heading into his 3rd yr, but only his second full season. Chandler is 23 and has been a consistent slasher & defender... and Randolph is only gonna be 22 going into his 3rd season & doesn't have to play for a coach that's crazy anymore. every team in the league wanted Randolph cuz of his potential.

looks like a playoff squad to me and that's all we were looking for right now... so KNICKS WIN!!!

EDIT: almost forgot Landry Fields was voted a top five performer in the summer league

Last edited by SmokinPiff; 09-23-2010 at 09:44 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #59
SmokinPiff 
space
space
 Htown_Koopa said:
Knicks lost
If you're not a Laker fan (only counts if you're from L.A. or a city with no team)... then your team LOST too...

and go f**k yourself
 7 years ago '04        #60
MochaWhitey 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 318 318
 A.O.™ said:
Why not just give up 2013 pick for Melo... wtf's the big deal?
You can't trade away two consecutive number 1 picks.

And it's not like he knew Carmelo was gonna be available before training camp started. Nobody knew that. So everybody calling him an idiot needs to chill out.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago