Hidden Symbolism In Jay-Z's "Decoded" Bookcover

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
77 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
32 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,492 | Props total: 14793 14793
 SpittN4Cash said:
by 'get over it' do you mean 'accept it and move on'?

spoken like a true sheep

sorry but the christian/philosopher in me won't allow me to simply accept it..and plus, knowing this doesn't HURT the quality of my life. it IMPROVES it by bringing me closer to god.
no, i mean stop believing this horse s**t like a lil f**ktard and move on with ur f**kin life.
 7 years ago '04        #62
SpittN4Cash 12 heat pts12 OP
space
space
$9,392 | Props total: 593 593
 Birdman's Back said:
no, i mean stop believing this horse s**t like a lil f**ktard and move on with ur f**kin life.
so you callin the bible horses**t, basically?
 09-23-2010, 10:10 AM         #63
Ed Bundy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

dont be fooled by the country he comes from..thats not the reason he has that tattoo
 7 years ago '04        #64
space
space
 Ed Bundy said:

[pic - click to view]

dont be fooled by the country he comes from..thats not the reason he has that tattoo
he can decorate his body however he wants, that doesn't change the meaning of the symbol
 7 years ago '07        #65
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
dudes should just STOP replying to threads like this and they would just fall to the bottom... too much attention whoring on Boxden
 7 years ago '04        #66
Ateace3 
space
space
$4,060 | Props total: 27 27
you illuminati theorists are sad. i mean, i find it amusing, but your lives must be f**king weird.
 7 years ago '04        #67
space
space
 DrockSteady said:
so 35 seconds into this video means that the New Orleans Saints AND the Hornets are a part of the illuminati?

so the yin AND the yang a apart of the illuminati when the symbol is meant to represent balance?
 Bouncer? said:
n*gga just watched "Devil" and quoted that s**t word for word like he knows what the f**k he's talking about.
 Ed Bundy said:

[pic - click to view]

^^
I never even heard of that movie I dunno wtf your talmbout son. and I dunno what the franchises do, honestly. but I wouldnt rule it out.

But I do know that the information is just now registering with these people quoted above. from now on they'll see the symbols and remember what they mean. they'll see it everywhere. clothes, tv, etc.

just wait and see

Last edited by SpittN4Cash; 09-23-2010 at 10:49 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #68
space
space
 gangtsa said:
Than they argue about who makes more with their fictitious careers LMAO. only bx
I never understood why people see a few pics, and read a few post and all of a sudden they act like they know somebody on here. bruh, you talking like you're my f**king next door neighbor. Unplug your head from the computer retard. you dont know me, or anybody on here.

you can clown all you want, but you sittin behind the computer just like everybody else. you a grown a.ss man cracking jokes behind a computer screen. do something productive, go read a book on how to do somethin.
 7 years ago '07        #69
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
The f**k is this s**t

None of those images are there
 7 years ago '06        #70
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,772 | Props total: 3716 3716
Yo know.. i would roast the threadstarter.. but he already got roasted in a classic thread.

Dude aint reaching...

If you've ever driven yourself nuts trying to decipher some of Jay-Z's nimble wordplay, relief is coming soon. Jigga will release his long-awaited literary debut, "Decoded," on November 16, and he unveiled the book's cover Wednesday (September 22).

Although the content will be rooted in Jigga's game-changing lyricism, Hov is taking the visual imagery of the tome from hip-hop to high art, featuring a cover, which Jigga art-directed, emblazoned with art icon Andy Warhol's 1984 work "Rorschach."

Taking an intriguing approach to memoir writing, the famously private rap god will revisit many of his revolutionary rhymes to reveal stories about his life and how it was shaped by hip-hop.

"When I first started working on this book, I told my editor that I wanted it to do three important things," Jay-Z said in a statement. "The first was to make the case that hip-hop lyrics — not just my lyrics, but those of every great MC — are poetry if you look at them closely enough. The second was I wanted the book to tell a little bit of the story of my generation, to show the context for the choices we made at a violent and chaotic crossroads in recent history. And the third piece was that I wanted the book to show how hip-hop created a way to take a very specific and powerful experience and turn it into a story that everyone in the world could feel and relate to."

"This is a book that could only have come from Jay-Z," Chris Jackson, executive editor of publisher Spiegel & Grau, said in the statement. "Every aspect of it reflects his style and ambition and heart. The unique structure he devised — combining intense personal narratives with revealing 'decodings' of some of his most powerful lyrics — underlines his central mission for the book: to use his famously layered and poetic lyrics and his one-of-a-kind life story to tell a wider story about the world he grew up in and the transformative power of hip-hop."

In November, "Decoded" will become the first ....

Warhol is popular amonst oto.... just ask lady gagers...

Lady GaGa is "convinced" she is controlled by Andy Warhol. The "Telephone" hitmaker is said to have become obsessed with the late pop artist, who died in 1987 aged 58, and reportedly makes her decisions based on their imaginary conversations.

A source said, "She is convinced he is controlling her from beyond the grave, guiding her life and career. Her entire life has become dictated by these conversations." Another insider claimed, "She says she is in touch with his spirit. She sits and talks to him for hours, as if he's in the room with her. She says he tells her what to wear."

The 24-year-old singer is so obsessed with the artist she has bought several of his works and is planning to throw a Warhol-themed party later this week, much to the bemusement of event planners. A source told The Sun newspaper, "She has told the organizers that everything must be in the spirit of Warhol."

"They were a little confused at first but are doing their best to satisfy her demands. Her house is insane. She has spent thousands turning it into a shrine to Warhol. I wouldn't be surprised if she started dressing head to toe in his clothes and changed her name to Andy."

The highest price ever paid for a Warhol work was a staggering $100 million for his 1963 canvas "Eight Elvises", and he is also famous for his prediction that in the future everyone would .....

smartenupboxden
 7 years ago '06        #71
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 SpittN4Cash said:
you sound confused. you talk about media, politics and 'the powers that be' but you refuse to make the connection. you seem like you already know a little bit about the invsible hand in society, I would recommend that you either dig deeper for truth or just leave the topic alone completely. because you know the truth you just aren't convinced/ won't accept it.

and there is no way you can get me to think that hip hop music isn't influenial - it started at house parties in NY and now its in every continent across the world. every single country embraces hip hop culture,lisens to hip hop music, and tries to imitate american rappers. HIP HOP STARTED IN AMERICA.

don't shift focus to politics... debunk me first, then we can talk about politics

brah just delete the thread and shut up

u're a black ginger, the last thing u need is to give people more reasons to be weirded out by u
 7 years ago '04        #72
chirpflare 173 heat pts173
space
space
$4,022 | Props total: 37 37
f**k gay-z. nas won.
 09-23-2010, 11:33 AM         #73
bornleader 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blood Edge said:
I make 410k a year and am not a rapper, yet you keep using a challenge as a deflection because you think that can save your failure...if you made anywhere near that or more you wouldn't need to photoshop fake money, have such a s**tty and dirty bathroom in your house, wear a fake watch, and make tracks like this:
]
and your on Boxden posting..Suuuuuuureeeeeee
 7 years ago '06        #74
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,772 | Props total: 3716 3716
kats tiptoeing around the fact that dude aint reachin.... trying to create another classic spittin for cash roast... but there is only one classic. Get back on topic....

sunsetnVine said:
Yo know.. i would roast the threadstarter.. but he already got roasted in a classic thread.

Dude aint reaching...

If you've ever driven yourself nuts trying to decipher some of Jay-Z's nimble wordplay, relief is coming soon. Jigga will release his long-awaited literary debut, "Decoded," on November 16, and he unveiled the book's cover Wednesday (September 22).

Although the content will be rooted in Jigga's game-changing lyricism, Hov is taking the visual imagery of the tome from hip-hop to high art, featuring a cover, which Jigga art-directed, emblazoned with art icon Andy Warhol's 1984 work "Rorschach."

Taking an intriguing approach to memoir writing, the famously private rap god will revisit many of his revolutionary rhymes to reveal stories about his life and how it was shaped by hip-hop.

"When I first started working on this book, I told my editor that I wanted it to do three important things," Jay-Z said in a statement. "The first was to make the case that hip-hop lyrics — not just my lyrics, but those of every great MC — are poetry if you look at them closely enough. The second was I wanted the book to tell a little bit of the story of my generation, to show the context for the choices we made at a violent and chaotic crossroads in recent history. And the third piece was that I wanted the book to show how hip-hop created a way to take a very specific and powerful experience and turn it into a story that everyone in the world could feel and relate to."

"This is a book that could only have come from Jay-Z," Chris Jackson, executive editor of publisher Spiegel & Grau, said in the statement. "Every aspect of it reflects his style and ambition and heart. The unique structure he devised — combining intense personal narratives with revealing 'decodings' of some of his most powerful lyrics — underlines his central mission for the book: to use his famously layered and poetic lyrics and his one-of-a-kind life story to tell a wider story about the world he grew up in and the transformative power of hip-hop."

In November, "Decoded" will become the first ....

Warhol is popular amonst oto.... just ask lady gagers...

Lady GaGa is "convinced" she is controlled by Andy Warhol. The "Telephone" hitmaker is said to have become obsessed with the late pop artist, who died in 1987 aged 58, and reportedly makes her decisions based on their imaginary conversations.

A source said, "She is convinced he is controlling her from beyond the grave, guiding her life and career. Her entire life has become dictated by these conversations." Another insider claimed, "She says she is in touch with his spirit. She sits and talks to him for hours, as if he's in the room with her. She says he tells her what to wear."

The 24-year-old singer is so obsessed with the artist she has bought several of his works and is planning to throw a Warhol-themed party later this week, much to the bemusement of event planners. A source told The Sun newspaper, "She has told the organizers that everything must be in the spirit of Warhol."

"They were a little confused at first but are doing their best to satisfy her demands. Her house is insane. She has spent thousands turning it into a shrine to Warhol. I wouldn't be surprised if she started dressing head to toe in his clothes and changed her name to Andy."

The highest price ever paid for a Warhol work was a staggering $100 million for his 1963 canvas "Eight Elvises", and he is also famous for his prediction that in the future everyone would .....

smartenupboxden
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
122 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
19 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
49 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy