Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams II[11-20-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
79 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
135 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
pwill by dec 2 6.45%
pwill by KO 4 12.90%
draw 2 6.45%
martinez by ko 13 41.94%
martinez by dec 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #22
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
its gonna be a epic f!ght once again.. I'm going with Punisher Decision.
 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM         #24
CLK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think Martinez will take this, unlucky to lose the first.
Was anyone else shocked by Williams claims that he spends 90% of his training camp on Cardio instead of actual boxing?

I need to be made a mod in this section
 7 years ago '06        #25
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Photos/Quotes: Williams vs. Martinez Final AC Presser

Atlantic City, NJ - This Saturday, November 20, at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall, reigning World Boxing Council (WBC) Middleweight Champion Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez will defend his title against Paul "The Punisher" Williams in a rematch of their December 5, 2009 slugfest which had both f!ghters knocked down in round one and Williams winning by majority decision after twelve back-and-forth rounds.

Goossen Tutor Promotions and DiBella Entertainment in a.ssociation with Caesars Atlantic City are presenting this evening of boxing. Martinez vs. Williams II will be broadcast on HBO's World Championship Boxing beginning at 10:00 PM ET/7:00 PM PT.

Tickets, priced at $400, $200, $100 and $50 are available for purchase at the Boardwalk Hall box office, or by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 736-1420 or online at ticketmaster.com .

QUOTES

Gabriel Sarmiento (Martinez Trainer) :
Williams and Peterson each have a big mouth and for the past few weeks there has been a lot of talking out of the ring. Now there will be only action in the ring. There was the issue with the weight and the 30-day weigh-in by the WBC. Mr. Peterson has said Sergio is an old dog that cannot learn new tricks but Wiliams needs to know that this old dog will bite him in the a.ss when he gets into the ring. That's where we will do our talking.

This f!ght will be "f!ght of the Year" and the winner of this f!ght will be "f!ghter of the Year."

George Peterson: In my 60 years of boxing I have never been more excited than this particular time. I didn't know if the dog was going to take a bite of the bone but he took it. Saturday night is going to be a heck of a f!ght. One thing he said has resonated in my mind...that he was going to knock Paul Williams out before the 7th round. I want him to bear in mind that there are going to be 12-rounds of f!ghting on Saturday night. So son, if you are preparing for 7-rounds, what are you going to do for the next 5 rounds? You've got no place to hide in there and I'll tell you, Paul Williams is ready. He has been ready since that f!ght took place in December of last year. It's going to be a heck of a f!ght.

Paul Williams: I am just excited that the f!ght is here. There has been a lot of trash talk, and that is just hype for the f!ght. I really don't have a lot to say. I do all my talking in the ring. If you know me, you know that, and if you don't know me, you'll find that out on Saturday night. I've been in there with him and he's been in there with me, so we both know what to expect. It is going to be something to see, so you should come out Saturday night to watch it and if you can't come out, then watch it on HBO. I'm not worried about the dog biting me because you can't bite in the ring.

Sergio Martinez: The moment of truth will be on Saturday and I will prove why I am the champion. I would like to thank HBO because every time I am on HBO it makes my career bigger. I want to thank my trainer for working with me every day. This time after the f!ght I expect there will be no excuses from Paul Williams like the ones I have been hearing in the past few months.

Paul Williams: There has not been a change in training (knowing he is f!ghting Maravilla the whole camp). He stole my belts and I'm going to get them back on Saturday night.

Sergio Martinez: I have been in this weight division for a year now, so I am smarter and stronger.

Paul Williams: I feel very comfortable f!ghting at this weight. I don't know what the big deal is. When I win this belt back, of course I would go back down there to 147 to f!ght Pacquiao because he is the best out there. I beat all the other guys and of course I would want to get it on with him.

Sergio Martinez: I will f!ght him, I will attack him and I will box him. I have prepared for a war and on Saturday night, we are going to get one.

Paul Williams: If the money is right (for a 3rd f!ght) then we could do it again and it will be another walk in the park.

George Peterson: They call this young man "The Punisher" and he sure is being punished by all the f!ghters at 147 that won't f!ght him. Paul Williams is trained in such a way that whatever adjustment he needs to make in the ring he can make that adjustment and go to the next gear.
Photo credit: Craig Bennett/Goossen Tutor Promotions
Martinez-Williams face off
WBC Middleweight Champion Sergio "Maravilla" Martinez and Three-Time World Champion Paul "The Punisher" Williams face off at the final press conference.
Corona girls and Martinez and Williams
Corona girls pose with Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams
Dan Goossen at Martinez-Wiliams II presser
Dan Goossen addresses the press at the Martinez-Williams II press conference

7 years ago '09        #27
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,233 | Props total: 19339 19339
martinez by decision
 7 years ago '04        #28
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
 CLK said:
I need to be made a mod in this section

f**k outta here
 7 years ago '04        #30
OnTheReal 
space
space
$4,220 | Props total: 495 495
Sergio will beat him for the 2nd time.
 7 years ago '04        #31
Adwerdz 319 heat pts319
space
space
$32,745 | Props total: 23257 23257
 OnTheReal said:
Sergio will beat him for the 2nd time.
^this, he got robbed of the first f!ght

if pw don't step it up he will get destroyed, i know martinez is going to step it up a good bit
 11-19-2010, 06:23 PM         #32
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they both made weight

ATLANTIC CITY -- WBC middleweight (160 pounds) champion Sergio Martinez was 157.5 pounds compared to 156 even for challenger Paul Williams at Friday's weigh-in for Saturday night's HBO televised defense of his crown at the Boardwalk Hall -- a rematch of their December, non-title clash of southpaws won by Williams on a disputed majority decision.
LOL

The crowd that packed into the Caesar's Palace lobby for the weigh-in appeared to be evenly distributed for both competitors, if not, slightly in favor of Williams, who spent a lot of time signing autographs and posing for photos after stepping off of the scale.

"I love my fans, man, which is why I'm staying around to pose for pictures and stuff," said Williams. "And on Saturday night, I'm going to give them a show, so they're going to get their money's worth."

Among the items Williams signed was the label of a beer bottle offered up by Lou DiBella, Martinez's promoter.

"I'm winning," Williams wrote on DiBella's beer in silver marker, then signing it, "Paul Williams."

I pick Martinez on another close decision...this time he is champ and should keep it unless clearly beaten in the ring.

Article also says that Williams corner is not going to be able to get the cut man that they want. Not looking good for P Will.

Last edited by 22k; 11-19-2010 at 06:49 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #33
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Weights: Sergio Martinez 157.5, Paul Williams 156 Lb.

By Bill Emes, at the scale

The weights are in for tomorrow's very anticipated rematch at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Both f!ghters were in great shape. WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez (45-2-2, 24 KOs) was ripped and ready at 157.5-pounds. The challenger, "Punisher" Paul Williams (39-1, 27 KOs) was 156-pounds. The f!ght is being fought at a catch-weight of 158-pounds. The f!ght is a rematch of last December's war at the same venue, which Williams won by way of a close majority decision.

7 years ago '06        #34
jj01 
space
space
$44,956 | Props total: 4678 4678
i thin serg takes a close decision and they f!ght the rubber match sometime next spring.
 7 years ago '04        #35
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
only two here for the Punisher, huh?

Pavlik must be the gate-keeper for d!ck riding

This guy Martinez is 35, notoriously keeps his hands down, and just dropped approx 20lbs in 30 days. and nobodies keen to the idea that the later rounds just might be a little tough for him? against a f!ghter with Williams' punchrate, no less?

Pavlik must be a d!ck-riders' gate keeper.....

and refresh my memory, what happened the last time Paul rematched a slick southpaw?
 7 years ago '07        #36
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
$41,067 | Props total: 30376 30376
 1MikE said:
only two here for the Punisher, huh?

Pavlik must be the gate-keeper for d!ck riding

This guy Martinez is 35, notoriously keeps his hands down, and just dropped approx 20lbs in 30 days. and nobodies keen to the idea that the later rounds just might be a little tough for him? against a f!ghter with Williams' punchrate, no less?

Pavlik must be a d!ck-riders' gate keeper.....

and refresh my memory, what happened the last time Paul rematched a slick southpaw?

I don't anyone is basing their decision on Pavlik. At least, I don't recall anyone saying anything about Pavlik.

With me, I totally forgot about the Pavlik f!ght. I was torn 50/50. My thought process was, how accurate was their first f!ght. Which I concluded, I have no idea...

I kept think that, 'well PW only had a little over a month to get ready for Martinez the first time, hence the sloppy performance'. The flip side was though, 'Martinez only had a little over a month to get ready for Williams too'. Maybe that's why he didn't have the stamina to do what he was doing well in that f!ght, for 12 full rounds?

Now, I could be wrong... you know Williams better than myself or anybody on this board.... but, I recall a time when Williams used to throw 100 punches per round, every round. He doesn't do that anymore though. His rate is still high, but not what it was. Kind of reminds me of Baby Bull Diaz, who used to roll over opponents with workrate. Then his workrate went down 20-30% and he started losing to guys that had some pop and/or were in great shape.

The catchweight I believe was a ploy by the Williams' camp more to hurt Martinez, than to help themselves. However, the first f!ght, it was Martinez that would've rather to f!ght at 154lbs and Williams made him come to 160. Now it's Williams that wants to f!ght at the lower weight and Martinez would've rather f!ght at 160. What a difference a year makes...

After all that... I was still torn 50/50.

Basically, what it all boiled down to for me, was.... Williams only has trouble in the first f!ght because 1) He gave up his size, and 2) He always leaned his head over into Martinez' power shots after he finished punching. Martinez' problem was stamina and keeping his hands down.

Who's problem is easier to fix with a full training camp? Who might have more of a willingness to fix those problems AND stay with the fix for 12 rounds (if the f!ght should go that long)?

I guarantee that PW will have great head movement for the first round. He will stop moving his head through out the f!ght though. Martinez' hands will come down. So, Williams giving up his size vs. Martinez fitness is what I based my pick on.... I chose Martinez' fitness because Lucas Matthysse had high praise for Martinez' camp.

The only thing that would surprise me is a Williams KO. However, like I said after the Quintana rematch... just because you can knock a guy in one round, doesn't mean you conquered that guy's f!ghting style. Actually, it could mean you avoided it...
 7 years ago '07        #37
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
... and I missed the weigh-in today, smh.
 7 years ago '07        #38
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
Just saw some pics from the weigh-in....

Martinez looks HORRIBLE! Only f!ghters i've ever seen look physically worse, Cotto before the Malignaggi f!ght and Gatti before the FLoyd Jr f!ght.
 7 years ago '06        #39
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0
I got Paul Williams taking this only way I see Sergio Winning is a TKO from a cut... I can see this lasting 8-10 rds
 7 years ago '06        #40
StudiosConnect' 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,627 | Props total: 0 0

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
152 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy