Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams II[11-20-10][HBO]

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
35 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

winner
pwill by dec 2 6.45%
pwill by KO 4 12.90%
draw 2 6.45%
martinez by ko 13 41.94%
martinez by dec 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #221
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
$41,027 | Props total: 30278 30278
 RustyLorcin said:
what about Pirog.. i think both him and Martinez are the two best middleweights right now, but there's no $ into f!ghting Pirog, but that kid got skills, two slick boxers would be a dope match up.

I don't think a 35 year-old would want to f!ght a young upstart who doesn't bring $$$. With the budget cuts coming in 2011 at HBO Boxing... I don't see them offering up $1 million for these f!ghts anymore. Which means, promoters and f!ghters alike would have to do their part to make gates more financially rewarding.

I think Martinez did his part tonight. I think the Tri-state area will come out to his f!ghts but... at boardwalk hall... that is only like 4,000 people.
 7 years ago '05        #222
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Paul doesnt need the philly shell

He should never be close enough to his opponent to even need a defense.
 11-21-2010, 12:06 AM         #223
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we need that pirog martinez f!ght bad.....

only thing is pirog is high risk no reward and serg want to make money...
 11-21-2010, 12:10 AM         #224
Motivated 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, i still cant believe this.

Mayweather please don't disappoint me dude :frown:

"to go out like that though...blasting?"- Kane from Menace 2 Society
 7 years ago '04        #225
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,010 | Props total: 1573 1573
 Bea5T said:
Paul doesnt need the philly shell

He should never be close enough to his opponent to even need a defense.

"Should never" is correct, but i said "his style." And his style is to get inside, with his dumb a.ss.... cause he knows he can do work. a proper philly shell would enable him to slide punches on the inside AND practically force him to properly get there.

i feel like explaining exactly how. its far too much to type, and i'm still distraught

Tommy_Bunz said:

"to go out like that though...blasting?"- Kane from Menace 2 Society
 7 years ago '07        #226
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 1MikE said:
ok, i just watched it.....

really Paul?? REALLY? That's what we do?? Throw hooks across our body with our lead hand at our f**king waist so we can put to sleep?!?! Really? Cause thats not Boxing 102, right? No one's teaching you this? We want to continue to act like we're not 6'1 and f!ght upright?!? Forreal dude?

k i'm done......

stogz, man, that s**t hurt my heart to watch

Paul's still my boy though. and I remain loyal.....

....but fire you gotdamn training squad right f**king now. all of them. or I'm going to have a real hard time supporting you in public again....

think its too late for him to find a respectable coach to teach him the philly shell?? cause I think that'd been perfect for Paul's style..... eh, it probably is too late..... how much Emual charging these days? doesn't he have some experience in handling tall, skinny, reckless-punch-throwing a.ss n*ggas?

f**k me man... f**k me....
Sorry man... I felt your pain when it happened, believe it or not.

He f!ghts the way he's always fought tho. I don't think he can change it now. That is what I meant by 'he avoided the south paw style'. By KOing Quintana... he didn't have to conquer that style and it gave him false confidence.

LOL @ Manny Steward's hack a.ss. PW is not gonna just jab-jab, 1-2, circle. Which is all Manny will tell him to do. He'll tell that a thousand times, PW will ignore it... it will hurt PW's development and then PW will either fire him, or Manny will quit. PW doesn't even really need the Philly shell, that is like top notch defense for dudes that have been using the technique since 8 yrs old. I don't really remember the last time someone over the age of 12 learned that technique and incorporated it successfully. That might be as counter productive as hiring hack-ass Steward.

He need someone with patience, that in the short term, will teach the right things right now... but may not be who you want to keep forever. I would suggest Buddy McGirt or Jeff Mayweather. Paul needs to learn how to punch while moving instead totally freezing while punching. That, and stop bending over to punch. Those are the 2 biggest things off top...

Last edited by stogz; 11-21-2010 at 12:21 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #227
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,207 | Props total: 19306 19306
if paul could f!ght tall he be damn near unbeatable in the division but yea too late to change up now probably
 7 years ago '06        #228
BigPervy 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,920 | Props total: 29 29
Just saw the video. That was f**king epic. This was even better than what BJ Penn did to Matt Hughes tonight. Paul Williams eyes were never closed even after he hit the canvas. Epic KO.
 7 years ago '04        #229
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:
Sorry man... I felt your pain when it happened, believe it or not.

He f!ghts the way he's always fought tho. I don't think he can change it now. That is what I meant by 'he avoided the south paw style'. By KOing Quintana... he didn't have to conquer that style and it gave him false confidence.

LOL @ Manny Steward's hack a.ss. PW is not gonna just jab-jab, 1-2, circle. Which is all Manny will tell him to do. He'll tell that a thousand times, PW will ignore it... it will hurt PW's development and then PW will either fire him, or Manny will quit. PW doesn't even really need the Philly shell, that is like top notch defense for dudes that have been using the technique since 8 yrs old. I don't really remember the last time someone over the age of 12 learned that technique and incorporated it successfully. That might be as counter productive as hiring hack-ass Steward.

He need someone with patience, that in the short term, will teach the right things right now... but may not be who you want to keep forever. I would suggest Buddy McGirt or Jeff Mayweather. Paul needs to learn how to punch while moving instead totally freezing while punching. That, and stop bending over to punch. Those are the 2 biggest things off top...
nah, i'm just talking out of my a.ss, pay me no mind that n*gga aint learning an effective philly shell ever in life. it'd be so much better for him though....

idk about Steward though. I do think he could benefit from him, gym and training wise. In-f!ght though, yeah, it'd probably definitely be the same coaching Taylor, Cintron and Cotto got. Now that i about it, Paul doesnt even really posses the kind of power that is necessary for Steward's gameplan. not outside of 147 anyway.

i'm not sure really who'd be 'perfect' for him.... McGirt though? ugh. Mcgirt's the a**hole that taught Gatti that squat-down D, or whatever the f**k he was calling it idk where he goes from here, but its quite obvious he'll never be upper-tier if he doesnt find some one to properly coach him in not hunching over.... and keeping his f**king hands up!!!

anyways, Sergio definitely got f!ghter of year in the bag, like that other thread said. Martinez v Pirog should be done, but HBO has to build Pirog up a more before they even consider that f!ght, so it probably cant happen until late 2011. and i dont see any big name 168ers coming down in weight. knowing HBO, we'll probably see Sergio beat up on Pavlik again for his next outing. maybe Sturm
 11-21-2010, 12:52 AM         #230
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sergio just got some time on Sportscenter
 7 years ago '07        #231
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 1MikE said:
nah, i'm just talking out of my a.ss, pay me no mind that n*gga aint learning an effective philly shell ever in life. it'd be so much better for him though....

idk about Steward though. I do think he could benefit from him, gym and training wise. In-f!ght though, yeah, it'd probably definitely be the same coaching Taylor, Cintron and Cotto got. Now that i about it, Paul doesnt even really posses the kind of power that is necessary for Steward's gameplan. not outside of 147 anyway.

i'm not sure really who'd be 'perfect' for him.... McGirt though? ugh. Mcgirt's the a**hole that taught Gatti that squat-down D, or whatever the f**k he was calling it idk where he goes from here, but its quite obvious he'll never be upper-tier if he doesnt find some one to properly coach him in not hunching over.... and keeping his f**king hands up!!!

anyways, Sergio definitely got f!ghter of year in the bag, like that other thread said. Martinez v Pirog should be done, but HBO has to build Pirog up a more before they even consider that f!ght, so it probably cant happen until late 2011. and i dont see any big name 168ers coming down in weight. knowing HBO, we'll probably see Sergio beat up on Pavlik again for his next outing. maybe Sturm

McGirt did a good job with Gatti... it's just, like PW, Gatti is a 'f!ghter'. He'd revert. If you go back and look at the f!ghts Gatti and Buddy were together... you'll see Gatti effectively boxing and outboxing his opponents... that is, up until Gatti decided to give the crowd what they wanted. Buddy did lead Gatti to some good wins though.

I think, for commercial sake... HBO should make Martinez vs. Mayorga. Pirog on the undercard.
 11-21-2010, 12:53 AM         #232
donnieb33 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's weird is that stuff he cleaned up late in the first Martinez f!ght was the same s**t that was off tonight. He's bent halfway down at his waist and the only thing moving are his hands (one at a time I might add, while the other hands limply at his side). I don't understand how they expected to win a f!ght like that, not against a guy as fast as Martinez.
 7 years ago '04        #233
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
 stogz said:
McGirt did a good job with Gatti... it's just, like PW, Gatti is a 'f!ghter'. He'd revert. If you go back and look at the f!ghts Gatti and Buddy were together... you'll see Gatti effectively boxing and outboxing his opponents... that is, up until Gatti decided to give the crowd what they wanted. Buddy did lead Gatti to some good wins though.

I think, for commercial sake... HBO should make Martinez vs. Mayorga. Pirog on the undercard.
i actually probably will try and see if i can re-find a few of their f!ghts together, cause i'm not really remembering the last Buddy McGirt f!ght i saw won. (alot of times, not his fault)

Mayorga?? there's 0 justification for that.... although this is HBO we're talking about. and Mayorga's trash talk itself on Sergio would damn near be 24/7 worthy.
 7 years ago '07        #234
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 1MikE said:
Mayorga?? there's 0 justification for that.... although this is HBO we're talking about. and Mayorga's trash talk itself on Sergio would damn near be 24/7 worthy.
You saying a Don King promoted f!ght... televised on HBO (i know they are on the outs)... starring Mayorga would not be commercially appealing?

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '06        #235
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
how bout

Martinez v. Floyd
Berto v. Pac

winner f!ghts winner???

:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #236
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,664 | Props total: 23118 23118

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

!

it was bound to happen, i told dumb n*ggas martinez was thirsty for that win after he got robbed of the first

the sound of that hit was loud as f**k and bone crunching:scared2:
martinez set him up real nice for that shot, he had maximum leverage on that punch

Last edited by Adwerdz; 11-21-2010 at 02:19 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #237
stogz 18 heat pts18 OP
space
space
 stogz said:

[pic - click to view]

Adwerdz said:

[pic - click to view]

the sound of that hit was loud as f**k and bone crunching:scared2:
he had maximum leverage on that punch
Yea, the torque on the punch was incredible.

I've been watching replays of this sh*t for damn near 2 hrs now.... Martinez had the hammer of Thor in his glove...
 7 years ago '04        #238
Adwerdz 318 heat pts318
space
space
$32,664 | Props total: 23118 23118
 stogz said:
Yea, the torque on the punch was incredible.

I've been watching replays of this sh*t for damn near 2 hrs now.... Martinez had the hammer of Thor in his glove...
:agreement6:
 11-21-2010, 02:49 AM         #239
iQon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
God damn!

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #240
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
damn. paul williams was my dude...this saddens me greatly. been watching this dude since he just started up too.

martinez's shot was super fast too. nice ko...bad day to be a PW fan
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
260 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
43 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
102 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
96 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
29 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
The Rock has a message for The Avengers
38 comments
22 hours ago