**Official 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread**

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
55 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
306 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
2 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #481
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
They said he was conscious (sp) and moving arms and legs at the hospital..,good news
 7 years ago '10        #482
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145

Damn that was nasty.

In other news Patty is still one clutch a.ss mofo for the Sharks :banana:
 7 years ago '07        #483
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140

[video - click to view]

The Sedins dominated this game.

3-0 so far on the roady, and each game the arena has seemed like a home game.
 7 years ago '10        #484
hockeysniper 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
I just realized that Tim Thomas has a .939 svpct and is on pace to break Hasek's record of .937 sv pct in the season

I hope he can do it, always liked the guy...but damn man didn't realize his svpct was that high thats insane
 7 years ago '07        #485
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 hockeysniper said:
I just realized that Tim Thomas has a .939 svpct and is on pace to break Hasek's record of .937 sv pct in the season

I hope he can do it, always liked the guy...but damn man didn't realize his svpct was that high thats insane

Best defensive team in the league. No hate.
 7 years ago '07        #486
space
space
The NHL announced that Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara will not be suspended nor will he be fined for his vicious hit on Montreal Canadiens forward Max Pacioretty.

Some might seize the opportunity to describe this situation as “Murphy’s Law” because: a) everything that could go wrong did go wrong and b) Mike Murphy ended up making the verdict because Colin Campbell couldn’t, since his son Gregory Campbell plays for the Bruins. As you may know, Pacioretty is out indefinitely with a severe concussion and broken vertebrae, with some wondering if it will be a career-ending injury. Meanwhile, Chara won’t even miss a single NHL shift.

Perhaps the saddest thing about this situation is that this verdict isn’t nearly as shocking as it should be. The NHL’s system of discipline has been the target of long running jokes, but at this point, it’s not funny anymore.

Seriously, is there any rhyme or reason to the league’s policies on dirty hits at this point? How in the world does Chara go punishment-free when the league is trying to crack down on dangerous hits like these? It’s a disappointing decision at best for a league whose justice system wouldn’t be out of place in the Wild West.

Obviously, it’s impossible to say that Chara deliberately drove Pacioretty’s head into the stanchion, but the big Bruins defenseman should be aware of his location on the ice when delivering such a hit. The fact that Pacioretty let go of the puck well before Chara made contact with him underscores how unfortunate and dangerous Chara’s decision really was.

Here’s Murphy’s statement regarding the lack of a fine or suspension:

“After a thorough review of the video I can find no basis to impose supplemental discipline. This hit resulted from a play that evolved and then happened very quickly — with both players skating in the same direction and with Chara attempting to angle his opponent into the boards. I could not find any evidence to suggest that, beyond this being a correct call for interference, that Chara targeted the head of his opponent, left his feet or delivered the check in any other manner that could be deemed to be dangerous.

“This was a hockey play that resulted in an injury because of the player colliding with the stanchion and then the ice surface. In reviewing this play, I also took into consideration that Chara has not been involved in a supplemental discipline incident during his 13-year NHL career.”

I hate to say it, but this is a sad day for hockey. Then again, I know there are many of you who will side with the NHL’s verdict. So in the spirit of open discussion, I thought I’d poll the PHT audience to see where you all stand.
 7 years ago '10        #487
hockeysniper 
space
space
 m-f said:

yea, but .939 pct......thats not entirely the team. By comparison, Raask has a .918....thats a .21 pct improvement over the backup, and definitely significant. He deserves a lot of credit man, maybe not as impressive as Haseks season but impressive nonetheless

EDIT: And I think the NHL made the right call with Chara
 7 years ago '07        #488
space
space
 m-f said:

Thats kind of hate. He has to make the saves, its not like our defense is stopping the puck and s**t. He's just been amazing this year to go along with very good defense
 7 years ago '07        #489
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 keithbm1111 said:
Thats kind of hate. He has to make the saves, its not like our defense is stopping the puck and s**t. He's just been amazing this year to go along with very good defense
Nah I'm just not a fan of Thomas, can't stand his style of play...but can't hate on him.

Happy for my man Lou this year...he went went on a 17-1-1 run...top 3 in every goalie category except SO...and with all the injuries on the d-line no bigs.

I'm sick of being humble...Nucks are s**tting on the league and not even playing 80 percent right now.
 7 years ago '07        #490
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,563 | Props total: 43721 43721
i hate thomas. that ole f**kin sore loser bastard.

hes acts like a teenage girl after giving up a GW goal. sprints to the locker room like a black man running from the po po
 7 years ago '10        #491
hockeysniper 
space
space
Two beautys in the Caps game

[video - click to view]

Cant find a youtube link on Semin's unfortunately.

Also Holtby with a shutout, only 18 saves but he made some good saves including a save on a shorthanded breakaway

Last edited by hockeysniper; 03-09-2011 at 11:09 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #492
hockeysniper 
space
space
 #21 said:
i hate thomas. that ole f**kin sore loser bastard.

hes acts like a teenage girl after giving up a GW goal. sprints to the locker room like a black man running from the po po
i dont see an issue with it....should he be happy after losses?
 7 years ago '07        #493
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Glad to see Ovie having fun out there.

Him & Semin have stepped up their game.
 7 years ago '07        #495
space
space
^^^^ nice goals....ovies one too.

And i agree with sniper, i would do what Thomas does if i gave up the goal too...im not defending him just saying i would do the same
 7 years ago '07        #496
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
 m-f said:
 03-10-2011, 07:05 PM         #497
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Really need Boston to pull through tonight, f**king Buffalo.
 7 years ago '07        #498
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
caps in 2nd place what?

keith lost

arnott got semin playing isnpired. and ovie finally starting to play like he should.
 7 years ago '10        #499
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
dude highsticked himself in the face
 7 years ago '07        #500
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 ghettofire said:
dude highsticked himself in the face
Hey YO !

& Muggz I see you.

Hope you caught this game tonight...

Whatta game though, that was some playoff hockey right there...Sharks were hungry, 4th game on the road trip, OT last game...Canucks held their own. Schnieder stood on his head. 3 or 4 filthy goals in the game.

Would be a great playoff series.

4-0 on the road trip so far.. ain't mad at that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
112 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
117 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
78 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
37 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
169 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy