**Official 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread**

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
25 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
176 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #401
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
Devils with another win....13 points outta the playoffs, they keep climbing....got San Jose tonight (in NJ).....with how NJ's been playing, San Jose better look out.
 7 years ago '04        #402
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
The Pens caught feelings...hilarious
 7 years ago '07        #403
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,258 | Props total: 306 306
That pens isles game was crazy too. Great hockey lately
 7 years ago '04        #404
space
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:

Why is Boudreau still an NHL head coach?

Why can't they score?

Why can't they play defense?

Why are they even here? they should've let the Caps leave D.C. when they wanted to back in the day, they finally get decent and they still can't win s**t
still relevant questions after today against the Kings
 7 years ago '07        #405
st21 1233 heat pts1233
space
space
space
$55,444 | Props total: 43407 43407
 Liquid-Science said:
still relevant questions after today against the Kings
why the hell you still watching if all you do is hate? you talk so much s**t but continue to watch games. stop watching if you are against the caps so much.

you need to do like me and stop watching. regular season doesn't mean s**t. thought you would have learned this by now. stop acting like a rookie dc sports fan.

Last edited by st21; 02-12-2011 at 06:47 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #406
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
The injury depleted D line curse of the canucks...never fails.
 7 years ago '04        #407
space
space
space
 #21 said:
why the hell you still watching if all you do is hate? you talk so much s**t but continue to watch games. stop watching if you are against the caps so much.

you need to do like me and stop watching. regular season doesn't mean s**t. thought you would have learned this by now. stop acting like a rookie dc sports fan.
I ain't watching it...saw the score online
 7 years ago '07        #408
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
So if u saw the boxscore, how can you make a.ssumptions about the game? And how the team played...you expect them to be unstoppable.
Another W for the boys, ill take it.. 7 or 8 more wins and we clinched a poff spots.

Edit: Just saw the boxscore for the Canucks at work.

Just got to watch the highlights, Kesler is a shark out there.. The highlights were mostly all Canucks, even with injuries we're dominating with chances.

Kippy came up huge tonight and kept the Flames in it plenty of times. Flames have been playing real well too, wasn't sure about tonight. I'll take the W.

Real nice set play by the 'Nucks tonight... Kesler wins the face, some nice passing and Sammy snipes top ched.

[video - click to view]

.. Anyways I'm not a Bias Canucks fan trying to be annoying....Haven't had time to keep up with all the other teams. I like Philly working the East...need that Boston/Flyers ECF rematch (I know it was Habs/Flyers last year)

Only 2 teams I like out there.

Also, watch out for the Ducks.. they're getting healthy, Getzlaf just returned...Got a steal of a draft pick in Fowler @ #12.

I see them making another move or so before the deadline to add to that 2nd line.

Last edited by m-f; 02-13-2011 at 06:52 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #409
space
space
Bruins need to make up for that poor display the other day. A win IN detroit would be huge

NHL is starting to get great every game now. Playoffs right around the corner
 7 years ago '07        #410
space
space
Peter Forsberg, after playing in just two games since rejoining the Colorado Avalanche, is expected to announce his retirement.
Forsberg had no points and a minus-four rating in two contests, but he did a better job than those numbers imply. The timing of his decision is particularly unfortunate, as Colorado fans didn't get a chance to see him play in a home game. If he had decided to stay with the team for one more game, it is believed that he would have been in the lineup for Monday's contest versus Calgary. Then again, and this is just speculation on our part, maybe health concerns motivated him to retire now. We'll let you know when he makes a statement.

Well that was fast...too bad
 7 years ago '05        #411
StateProperty88 34 heat pts34
space
space
$39,872 | Props total: 8394 8394
 keithbm1111 said:
Peter Forsberg, after playing in just two games since rejoining the Colorado Avalanche, is expected to announce his retirement.
Forsberg had no points and a minus-four rating in two contests, but he did a better job than those numbers imply. The timing of his decision is particularly unfortunate, as Colorado fans didn't get a chance to see him play in a home game. If he had decided to stay with the team for one more game, it is believed that he would have been in the lineup for Monday's contest versus Calgary. Then again, and this is just speculation on our part, maybe health concerns motivated him to retire now. We'll let you know when he makes a statement.

Well that was fast...too bad
in a year or so he'll be back...or at least trying to be back
 7 years ago '10        #412
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
Sharks taking two dumbass L's in a row
 7 years ago '07        #413
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Text Size

Kris Versteeg's tenure in Toronto has been a very short one as sources tell TSN that the Toronto Maple Leafs have sent the 24-year old forward to the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a pair of draft picks, one of them being a first round pick.

Toronto originally brought Versteeg over from the Chicago Blackhawks last summer after he was a part of their Stanley Cup championship team last season. In 53 games with the Leafs this season, Versteeg has found the net 14 times, while adding 21 a.ssists.

The 24-year-old native of Lethbridge, Alberta was selected in the fifth round (134th overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft by the Boston Bruins. In 223 career games, he has posted 58 goals and 78 a.ssists for 136 total points.

Versteeg should give the Flyers some additional offensive punch as well as playoff experience as he had six goals and eight a.ssists in 22 games during the Hawks Stanley Cup run last season.

More to Follow…

Finally, Burke is making some right moves...but to the deepest team in the league?

f**k me.

Hartnell-Richards-Giroux
Versteeg-Carter-Brier
Nodl-Betts-Zherdev

Top 3 lines ? Are youuu kidding me right now.

No chance in hell they don't make the cup again.

Draft picks going to Toronto are a 1st and 3rd
 7 years ago '07        #414
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 BrownBag said:
canucks got robbed?

f**king so over this season already, got the hopes up.....another D-Man down to the LTIR.

.. Glad Salo is back though.

We better make a f**king splash by the deadline and pick up a solid winger for Kesler to play with, get rid of Raymond, and get a 4th line center already.
 7 years ago '07        #415
space
space
 m-f said:

No chance in hell they don't make the cup again.

As soon as the Bs pull off a trade in the next few days, we'll cement ourselves in the ECF vs them. Im not scared of washington or pitt, only philly. f**k every other team.

Edit...im saying this but deepdown im thinking this is the same old bruins who every year get their fans hopes up and then let us down.....

NOT THIS YEAR
 7 years ago '07        #416
space
space
Bruins could be getting Kabrle. only a rumor now, but Neely said Bruins are close to a deal, and a lot of s**t flying about Kabrle. just so happens leafs play us tonight too, so maybe kabrle can show us something good
 7 years ago '07        #417
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Heres a trade in Bruins nation.

The Ottawa Senators continue to clean house as they have traded forward Chris Kelly to the Boston Bruins in exchange for a second round draft pick in the upcoming 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

The 30-year-old Kelly was held scoreless in just under 17 minutes of ice time in Ottawa's 4-3 shootout loss to the New York Islanders on Tuesday. He has 12 goals and 11 a.ssists in 57 games this season.

With the loss on Tuesday the Senators sit dead last in the Eastern Conference with 45 points and an 18-30-9 record. They have won just once in their past 13 contests. While Kelly knew the possibility existed that he would be dealt before the deadline, he admitted it was a surprise.

"It's pretty tough to be traded, this is my first time, but these things happen, especially with the way things have gone this season," Kelly told the a.ssembled media at Scotiabank Place.

"I spoke with Peter Chiarelli and he seemed excited and I told him I was excited to get an opportunity to play in the postseason and an opportunity to go late, hopefully, in the playoffs."

The Toronto native, who is in his sixth NHL season, had spent his entire career with the Senators.

Senators general manager Bryan Murray said how difficult it was to trade away Kelly in a hastily called press conference following the loss to the Isles.

"I just traded one of the good guys and most respected players on this hockey team," Murray told reporters.

While Murray admitted that there would likely be more moves to follow, he disagreed with the notion that the Senators were completely clearing the decks.

"I'm trying to trade some other people or move some other people but it's certainly not a house cleaning by any means"

Kelly has one more year remaining on a four-year deal worth $8.5 million that he signed prior to the 2008-09 season. He is scheduled to make $2 million next season, after which he will be an unrestricted free agent.

Kelly, who was originally a third-round pick of the Senators in the 1999 draft, won't need to wait long for his return to Ottawa as the Senators play host to the Bruins on Friday at Scotiabank Place.

"It'll be a weird feeling coming out on the other side of the rink," said Kelly. "Obviously Ottawa's all I've known, I was drafted here, played my full NHL career, so it'll be a bit different."?

Murray acknowledges that the Senators appear to be stockpiling draft picks after acquiring a first round pick from the Nashville Predators in exchange for Mike Fisher last week.

"With two first round picks and two second round picks (in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft) we can do something to help this team by the fall"

The departures of Kelly and Fisher have not only left a pair of significant holes in the Senators lineup, but also in the community where both players were very active.

"I find it very difficult because I have great respect for both players we have traded this week," said Murray. "They both were character people in this town for a number of years."

Kelly is a solid two-way forward that excels on the penalty k!ll and should fit in as the Bruins third line centre, which likely pushes rookie Tyler Seguin further down Boston depth chart. The move became somewhat necessary after the team lost Marc Savard for the remainder of the season with a concussion.

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said Kelly's versatility played a key factor in his acquisition.

"The fact that Chris can play the wing is helpful too," Chiarelli told reporters Tuesday night. "We felt we had to make a move."

"We have a lot of uncertainty with Marc Savard"

Chiarelli admitted that he has also been looking for a defenceman, with Tomas Kaberle's name mentioned in speculation; however Chiarelli said that nothing was imminent.
Nice pick up for the Bruins add that toughness, it's a battle between Bruins/Flyers this year. & I'm not mad. Will be a great 3/4th line Center.

As well, it doesn't even matter for the Bruins, since they have Toronto's 1st.

Also like what the Sens are doing, Murray is playing this good. 1st and a 2nd or 3rd for Nashville. & added another 2nd.

The price is slowly rising on Gonchar and Phillips while going closer to the deadline.

Going to be interesting how this year plays out...Been some pretty big trades already with teams basically saying we're going all in this year.
 7 years ago '07        #418
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
@ Big Buff being paid that much.

Overrated still in my opinion.
 7 years ago '07        #419
space
space
That bruins trade isnt good enough. Basically says Seguin wont play much anymore even though hes averaging like 12 minutes

I feel like this team is going to ruin Seguins potential. I really hope thats not true
 7 years ago '07        #420
space
space
 gangtsa said:
Only 18. He'll get pt when he deserves it as he develops. Kaberle is a vet lol dont matter how he plays the bruins GM should know his strengths and weaknesses by now.
Hes 19 but yeah i agree. I just feel our s**tty defensive system will hurt his ability. We havent had a huge point scorer in a while. Our system sucks. I really hope he can f!ght through it and become our star of the future. Just need to be patient. Looking back, we should have just let him start in the minors and not rush him up
Home      

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
23 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy