Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
33 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
39 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
69 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '07        #321
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,261 | Props total: 307 307
Bruins finally on a nice little run. I was/still kind of am scared this is the same old bruins who will blow it all away in the playoffs, but hopefullynour goaltending will stay hot and we're actually scoring goals right now, which is a great sight.
 7 years ago '07        #322
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$18,234 | Props total: 140 140
 Liquid-Science said:
Back into full time panic mode with the Caps...I just don't see them going anywhere

if they even get out of the first round, I'll be shocked

hockey should get rid of the point s**t and just go straight up wins and losses because the super fans always say 'well we got a point after the OTL'

you still f**kin lost, why are you getting rewarded for a loss of any kind?

I don't why Boudreau is trying to implement this defensive style into the Capitals, it's clearly not working.
 7 years ago '07        #323
keithbm1111 97 heat pts97 OP
space
space
$28,261 | Props total: 307 307
Since 24/7 is over now, when will Boudreau get fired?
 7 years ago '07        #324
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
It will start getting interesting after the AS break.
 7 years ago '10        #325
hockeysniper 
space
space
$923 | Props total: 0 0
 keithbm1111 said:
Since 24/7 is over now, when will Boudreau get fired?
Hopefully soon. 24/7 revealed to me he has absolutely no idea what the hell he is doing. Whenever there was a scene in the locker room between periods, Blysma is telling his guys how they need to adjust their strategies and other tangible stuff, while Boudreau is just spewing non-sense. The sooner he's gone, the better it is for my caps.

Also, the defensive style sucks. The only reason we are still even close that #1 seed in the east is because Varlamov has grown into a top 10 goalie and Neuvirth has played real well too. The only thing that has noticeably improved IMO is the penalty k!ll.

Oh, and Ted Lionsis (the owner) has been displeased with the team on his blog lately.
 7 years ago '10        #326
hockeysniper 
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
Back into full time panic mode with the Caps...I just don't see them going anywhere

if they even get out of the first round, I'll be shocked

hockey should get rid of the point s**t and just go straight up wins and losses because the super fans always say 'well we got a point after the OTL'

you still f**kin lost, why are you getting rewarded for a loss of any kind?
nah, they shouldn't get rid of an OT point, because then the game hinges way too much on the crapshoot that is the shootout. What they should do is make ALL games worth 3 points, so that OT games aren't worth more than regulation games. So 3 points for a regulation win, 2 pts for an OT/Shootout win, 1 point for an OT/SO loss, 0 pts for a regulation loss.
 7 years ago '05        #327
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
How about 0 points for OT loss, but 1 point for a shootout loss? Shootouts are a crapshoot, even the best team in the league could lose to the worst in a shootout. Give 'em a point for that, but I agree that an OT loss (prior to shootout) shouldn't be rewarded with a point
 7 years ago '07        #328
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 gangtsa said:
say what doggy Goalie depth is crazy in the nhl i woudlnt say top 10.

Neither Varly/Neuvy have taken the opportunity in front of them to become the #1 goalie.

Oh & Captials need less Russians.
 7 years ago '10        #329
hockeysniper 
space
space
 m-f said:

Neither Varly/Neuvy have taken the opportunity in front of them to become the #1 goalie.

Oh & Captials need less Russians.
Don't be foolish. Everyone knows the caps #1 is Varly IF he stays healthy. You're usually one of the most educated posters too

Varlamov is 5th in the NHL in GAA and SV PCT. He is arguably a top 10 goalie if he's healthy, and I stand by my statement. The issue has always been health (particularly groin issues, likely from the full splits he does); the talent has never been in question.
 7 years ago '10        #330
hockeysniper 
space
space
 gangtsa said:
Yes the talent has never been in question. He was impressive as a rookie. But it's not hard to name 10 better goaltenders.

In no order...Tim thomas/Henrik Lundqvist/Jonas Hiller/carey price/roberto luongo/bryzgalov/ryan miller/Fleury/Vokoun

You know what when you actually look at it lol...taking his talent level into consideration you can lump him in with the pekka rines, halak's and pavlovec's off the world. his stats dont mean much i'd rather see them in the end of the season. Corey crawford name is in the top 10 of most stats but would you say he's top 10 material?
He might not be top 10 yet, but he definitely has the talent to be one of the top 10 goalies year in and year out. But, because he has proven himself to be fragile, he needs to be in a No 1A type situation where he won't have to withstand a 60 (or even a 50) game season.....and the only constants on that list imo are Lundquist/Miller/Vokoun/Fleury/Luongo, the rest rise and fall year to year. For example, how many people wanted Price in MTL after last season (esp. the playoffs)?

But I see your point
 7 years ago '04        #331
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,502 | Props total: 793 793
The word around is that Ovie's either gotten off of roids or he's gotten lazy because he's rich now...it was funny hearing hockey nerds call in and bash russians and eastern bloc players...it sounded like they were describing n*ggas that got that new money, they don't know how to act

he's kind of doughy and there was a doctor tied to the Caps and Nats that got busted last year for roids
 7 years ago '07        #332
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
So...

[pic - click to view]

& for to you's that don't know Dreger works for TSN (Canada's ESPN) and is a hockey insider like Adam Schefler is to football.

I just see the same thing happening to what happened to the Blues though when they signed Svatos (Who got claimed by Nashville) & Wellwood (Who got claimed by San Jose).. I don't see him clearing waivers so Detroit can obtain him.

But if Detroit did FML.

I could see TB or Islanders nabbing him if this happens.
 7 years ago '05        #333
BoSox84 
space
space
$21,183 | Props total: 26 26
I'd take that s**t in a heartbeat
 7 years ago '07        #334
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Sources tell TSN that the Detroit Red Wings are in discussions with veteran goaltender Evgeni Nabokov and it's believed the two sides are close to finalizing a deal.

According to those sources If completed, Nabokov will receive $570,000 for the remainder of the year, which pro-rated works out to roughly $250,000 on the Reds Wings cap.

Nabokov has been a free agent since December when he was released from his contract with Russian club SKA St. Petersburg. He was in the first year of a four-year deal that he signed in the off-season with the KHL club after 10 years with the San Jose Sharks.

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland confirmed Thursday he's had conversations with Nabokov's agent, Don Meehan, about the 35-year-old goalie.

In his final season with the Sharks, Nabokov posted a 44-16-10 record with a 2.43 GAA and led the Sharks to the Western Conference final where they were eliminated by the Chicago Blackhawks.

Nabokov will have to clear waivers if he signs with Detroit in order to get back into the NHL.

It's the same situation as Marek Svatos and Kyle Wellwood, who both recently came back into the league as free agents. In both cases the Blues signed them, but they were claimed by other teams.

The Blues signed Svatos, who was then claimed by Nashville. St. Louis also signed Wellwood, who was then claimed by San Jose.

With such a moderate salary cap hit, there's a reasonable chance that Nabokov will be similarly claimed by another team.
 7 years ago '10        #335
hockeysniper 
space
space
 Liquid-Science said:
The word around is that Ovie's either gotten off of roids or he's gotten lazy because he's rich now...it was funny hearing hockey nerds call in and bash russians and eastern bloc players...it sounded like they were describing n*ggas that got that new money, they don't know how to act

he's kind of doughy and there was a doctor tied to the Caps and Nats that got busted last year for roids
Or, the more likely of the scenarios, he's simply going through a funk and it has gotten to him mentally. The mind is one of the biggest factors in a hockey player's game. That and the Capitals new system is terrible and doesn't benefit any of the players, as team scoring is down across the board. And Bruce Boudreau is one of the worst coaches in hockey and tinkers with lines WAYYYYY too much.

I would say he is probably partying too much but he has been doing that for years now, and once said in an interview that he likes having s3x before and after games

And Ovi is not/was not on roids. Roids have never been an issue in hockey.....and never will be because of the unique physical skill set a hockey player needs.

Last edited by hockeysniper; 01-20-2011 at 10:42 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #336
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
I think they're going to give Boudreau 'til then of the season, see what happens...then fire him.
 7 years ago '07        #337
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space

I don't think he'll clear waivers though, and if he does .. f**k Detroit.
 01-20-2011, 11:46 PM         #338
CaLLaHaN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dubi out for a month... f**kin injuries k!lllin us there year...
 7 years ago '07        #339
m-f 8 heat pts
space
space
space
Another loss for the Canucks.

They stopped skating in the second.

Sick of the 1st line and Kesler doing everything out there.
 7 years ago '10        #340
hockeysniper 
space
space
 m-f said:
I think they're going to give Boudreau 'til then of the season, see what happens...then fire him.
Yea they are. Anything short of ECF and he will be gone, and I'll be pissed if they retain him after anything short of a SCF appearance.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
66 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
107 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
206 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Michael "Walking Bucket" Beasley Highlights vs Thunder | 30pts, 5reb, 4ast
74 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy