Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

E.Ness Vs Iron Solomon Who Won the Grindtime Battle?
E.Ness 17 24.64%
Iron Soloman 52 75.36%
Voters: 69. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #182
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,392 | Props total: 11762 11762
great battle solomon won but E Ness held his own tho

probably the best battle I ever seen
 7 years ago '07        #183
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 395 395
Ness got murdered, he had a better flow but thats it. He wasnt saying anything relevant, just talking about gang s**t, which isnt going to work in those type of rap battles. He wasnt even creative about the gun talk, he just try to get up close in iron's face and talk tough. Iron had him in every round, it wasnt even close. battle rapping isnt really about flow, which was the only think ness had, some of the best battle rappers had horrible flow (serious Jones).
 7 years ago '06        #184
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 dnycem said:
Solomon had to many gaps in between his bars....while E. Ness just kept flowing with no breaks...Battle was wack but if I had to choose a winner it would have to Solomon
part of iron having extented pauses was because of the crowd.....they haven't seen him battle in years, and was a bit over reacting sometimes... understandable

flowing your a.ss off, doesn't equate to landing haymakers though... ness didn't have many great concepts and was going with a lot of vague multi's.... wich didn't need him to stop and emphasize anything, for the crowd to have to suck in.... imo in a written league, u need to have great schemes or throw a lot of haymakers.... I felt ness's agression and straight forward approach, but he needed more to match wits with somebody like solomon.....funny thing was iron swithced his flow and delivery up more then ness.....imo unless ness changes up his style to fit the written league, don't see him making much noise in this circuit

Last edited by ginobili 20; 09-22-2010 at 02:30 PM..
 7 years ago '10        #185
JudasHatesJesus 146 heat pts146
space
space
$6,989 | Props total: 3781 3781
i dunno man, i think ness took it just because overral his wordplay was f**kin sick. i mean solomon sounds like serius jones...all they do is just crack jokes like when they are hangin with their boys but put it in a rap form. solomon is nice dont get it wrong but i would much rather hear ness. MY HOOD>>>>>>>>solomon
 7 years ago '05        #186
CalcuoCuchicheo 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 3 3
 YoungGQ said:
but all them dudes are far sharper w/ the pen than they are off the brain.
Not "far". Obviously they should be much better with time to prepare, but I've heard Saurus, Nocan & Ok come with stuff off the top that matches their writtens - Nocan, in particular, prefers free'ing.

Last edited by CalcuoCuchicheo; 09-24-2010 at 10:59 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #187
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,755 | Props total: 1572 1572
 stogz said:
SMH at this thread.

Battle rap has become such a cartoon that people don't even remember what REAL battle rap is. It's sad.

You so called hip-hop fans are like thirteen-year-old boys coming up now. They been looking at fake t*tties so long that they don't even know what a real, natural woman looks like. Just like y'all don't know what a real, natural rap battle looks like.
I'm 27 I've been rhyming/battling since I was in highschool I used to go off the top and use writtens, everybody knows "practice makes perfect" its cool to throw a couple "on the spot" jabs in there but the lines are almost always rehearsed even back in the scribble jam days the battlers would find personal s**t about their opponents and have punclines already in place to mix in with the freestyles.

written leagues take just as much skill because you are rhyming for like 3 minutes listen to the precision of emcees like Loaded Lux & Ness Lee and tell em they ain't Real battle emcee's

A "real" battle sounds exactly like grindtime lots of joke just less sharp, when I battle I was considered to be on some "wu-tang s**t" cause I actually preferred wordplay and clever metaphors over fat jokes and funny punchlines about a n*ggas outfit or some dumb s**t this is highschool still BTW by the time I reached 20 I was ripping n*ggas apart my dudes begged me to go on 106 and park to battle paperboy and Jin.

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 09-24-2010 at 03:03 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago