Boardwalk Empire - Season 1

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
181 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #81
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,152 | Props total: 8130 8130
Being from South Jersey and going to AC all the time, this show is a gift from the HBO gods.

First episode was dope, too early to start talking classic tho. Buscemi was a beast, dude is a great actor, should be a really really good show. Historical shows from this period are dope, I googled the dude that got popped at the end of the show and its crazy how easy it will be to create great drama from real life. Chicago was getting it in back then.

You want good TV....write about the Garden State:applause:
 7 years ago '04        #82
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 SlickJ101 said:
^^ You're basing a hell of a lot on 1hr of a new series.

I don't remember seeing a character like Buscemi's in any other movie.

They're also showing guys like Capone coming up, as opposed to when they were already bosses.
im not everyone who said it was great is.

like i said from what i saw its nothing special from a over done genre.

youve never seen the gangster who doesnt mind being a gangster but doesnt have the stomach for all that goes with it and is nice to people probably because of his childhood

wow capones rise to power. he
[spoiler - click to view]

wow yeah thats new i guess

there are shows that reinvented genres the sopranos took a new take on the mafia the wire took an entirely new take on the war on drugs that first episode didnt give the impression they were going to do anything different
 7 years ago '07        #83
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
space
$85,773 | Props total: 14586 14586
 Got Cheeve? said:
no ideas original, there's nothing new under the sun, it's not what you do, but how it's done.
 09-22-2010, 10:36 AM         #84
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Exactly! I don't think any show/flick has shown capone, luciano etc. on the come up, just starting out either.
 7 years ago '06        #85
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,544 | Props total: 201 201
s**t was eppppic. when will it come on regularly? always Sundays?
 7 years ago '04        #86
Jasonb619 
space
space
$3,242 | Props total: 60 60
Was a great start to a series, you can't really judge it fully off 1 episode, but it got me hooked wanting to see more. If anyone doesn't like it, do you plan on watching more? If so then the show still succeeded
 7 years ago '07        #87
FeedTheBeast 22 heat pts22
space
space
$13,314 | Props total: 8562 8562
 MosDefinition said:
wtf are u talking about why would they talk like they are from today. are u mildly retarded or did u get hit in the head why would i have a problem with the dialouge

people are talking about this like its something theyve never seen before like the writer did something different with this genre. maybe they will but at this point its been done

it was a typical prohibition era gangster story nothing new or fresh like i said the characters have been done before.

so because its on tv that means what exactly. it doesnt chAnge the fact that the genre is something that has been over done and its the same f**king story from the same gengre weve seen over and over and over again

sorry i havent drunk the koolaid and i am not just hyping something that been done before the rise and eventual redemption then fall of a gangster wow how revolutionary. the episode was a paint by number gangster story.

maybe next weeks episode will be different but this s**t is in the watch when ever i get a free chance show for me not i have to be at home watching it live show
Calm down dude.......its a great show regardless of being original or not. Plus its only the first episode who knows whats to come. The Wire was not that original but it was still special.
 7 years ago '10        #88
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,152 | Props total: 8130 8130

On Sunday, 7.1 million HBO subscribers tuned in to the three airings of the gangster drama. Those numbers led to the HBO action, according to published reports.

The Hollywood Reporter wrote that "Boardwalk Empire's" Sunday night ratings numbers marks the best numbers for a debut on the network since "Deadwood" premiered after an episode of "The Sopranos" in 2004.

Early sweeping critical acclaim for the Martin Scorsese-directed pilot also pleased the network.

On Tuesday, HBO programming president Michael Lombardo confirmed a second season renewal, saying in a statement: "All the ingredients aligned for this one, from Mark Wahlberg and Steve Levinson's initial pitch, to Martin Scorsese's enormous contributions as director and executive producer, to the genius of Terry Winter and the expertise of Tim Van Patten, to a stellar cast led by Steve Buscemi."
The people have spoken
 7 years ago '07        #89
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,204 | Props total: 19846 19846
yeah HBO renewed this after the series premiere, that's saying alot. especially since supposedly the premiere is the "weaker" of the episodes.
 09-22-2010, 05:09 PM         #90
phillyCANNON 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's funny how people are saying there is "nothing new" when it IS something new. No other show depicted Atlantic City and the inception of bootlegging, Al Capone, Luciano, etc. Just by saying that, you do not deserve to watch another episode.
 7 years ago '04        #91
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,369 | Props total: 6383 6383
 Got Cheeve? said:
Exactly! I don't think any show/flick has shown capone, luciano etc. on the come up, just starting out either.
the only thing i remember showing luciano on the come up was in mobsters but the movie was blah for the most part

i like this show so far
 09-26-2010, 07:10 PM         #92
nehustler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just peeped the pilot, it was definitely on point!

Gonna tune in for the whole series!
 09-26-2010, 07:22 PM         #93
N Nyce 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whenever i see Steve Buscemi alls i can think of is crazy eyes from mr deeds and the homeless guy from big daddy lmao but he is still a great actor.
 7 years ago '05        #94
CO Butta 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,395 | Props total: 1 1
yo... how long before we get a link to tonight episode?
 7 years ago '05        #95
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
 MosDefinition said:
no im just saying people are calling this groundbreaking when ive seen this before so how is it breaking ground when its basically retelling of a story of a genre the prohibition era gangster thats been done to death and beyond

there was nothing about this that was nothing about the story that was even new ive seen these characters before
Seems you are just hating just to hate.

Who called this show ground breaking? I sure didn't.

It's a dope show and I will bet that it'll win multiple awards for as long as its on the air, but I never called it groundbreaking.
 7 years ago '04        #96
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
dope 2nd episode, i love the tension they are building between AC/NY/chicago

that fed was questionable keeping that chick's hair tie and sniffing it though
 7 years ago '05        #97
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,443 | Props total: 7086 7086
Anyway, tonights episode was dope. It seemed to end quick as f**k. That's always good when an episode seems shorter then it was. Keeps you entertained throughout.

Great character development thus far.

Loved how
[spoiler - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #98
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
just finished downloading....ready to watch
 7 years ago '08        #99
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,953 | Props total: 5516 5516
"I'm makin a statement."

7 years ago '09        #100
DoWnAssBiTch 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$218 | Props total: 0 0
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
160 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy