Boardwalk Empire - Season 1

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-21-2010, 11:41 AM         #61
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just watched, that s**t was good man...got kinda slow for a minute but then kicked it back into high gear....good s**t
 7 years ago '07        #62
Welsh! 
space
space
$5,541 | Props total: 39 39
Slow start, but ended very well.
 7 years ago '04        #63
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,081 | Props total: 4427 4427
guess im going to be the first to not heap praise on a show that wasnt anything special

it was the typical prohibition era gangster show/movie typical characters typical dialog

watching it it felt like ive seen this before in the couple of dozen gangster movies. the acting was pretty good nothing spectacular but this has been done before in countless movies

i will watch but this isnt the must see tv you guys are saying it is
 7 years ago '06        #64
luckluck 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,908 | Props total: 97 97
 MosDefinition said:
it was the typical prohibition era gangster show/movie typical characters typical dialog
Comparable to what else?
 7 years ago '07        #65
TH35 103 heat pts103 OP
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 MosDefinition said:
guess im going to be the first to not heap praise on a show that wasnt anything special

watching it it felt like ive seen this before in the couple of dozen gangster movies. the acting was pretty good nothing spectacular but this has been done before in countless movies

i will watch but this isnt the must see tv you guys are saying it is
Yea the music during the murder scenes were cliche but its still a very well put together show and can only get better.
 7 years ago '04        #66
space
space
 luckluck said:
Comparable to what else?
Pick one the untouchables godfather hell even hoodlum there wasn't anything remotely new or exciting presented it was a typical gangster show every character was something we've seen before
 7 years ago '05        #67
gunot86 1 heat pts
space
space
$738 | Props total: 95 95
 MosDefinition said:
Pick one the untouchables godfather hell even hoodlum there wasn't anything remotely new or exciting presented it was a typical gangster show every character was something we've seen before

The 1st godfather was set after vietnam?.....
 7 years ago '04        #68
Mr_GooD_NeWs 26 heat pts26
space
space
$9,873 | Props total: 286 286
:surprised: @ Welsh! avy. . . . . who dat be?!
 7 years ago '10        #69
The Pharaoh 4 heat pts
space
space
$747 | Props total: 0 0
Really Good Pilot. Cant wait for next weeks episode.
 7 years ago '04        #70
space
space
 gunot86 said:
The 1st godfather was set after vietnam?.....
The first godfather was set after wwII
 7 years ago '05        #71
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7113 7113
 MosDefinition said:
Every show doesn't have to be original and groundbreaking. This show is about storytelling, with a good cast and good characters.

Also, its a TV show, everything you have mentioned has been a movie. This is a TV show with much more time for us to get attached to the characters and see progression of a story rather then squeezing everything into 2 or 3 hours.

Everyone wants every damn thing to be completely original nowadays.
 09-21-2010, 10:23 PM         #72
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
no ideas original, there's nothing new under the sun, it's not what you do, but how it's done.
 7 years ago '04        #73
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Every show doesn't have to be original and groundbreaking. This show is about storytelling, with a good cast and good characters.

Also, its a TV show, everything you have mentioned has been a movie. This is a TV show with much more time for us to get attached to the characters and see progression of a story rather then squeezing everything into 2 or 3 hours.

Everyone wants every damn thing to be completely original nowadays.
no im just saying people are calling this groundbreaking when ive seen this before so how is it breaking ground when its basically retelling of a story of a genre the prohibition era gangster thats been done to death and beyond

there was nothing about this that was nothing about the story that was even new ive seen these characters before
 7 years ago '10        #74
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 MosDefinition said:
the dialogue was nothing like any of those movies, do you mean accents??? if that's the case then yes maybe cause that's how people talkin in the 20's, should the producers have them saying "no homo,fam,or even OMG"??? they're going to try and be as authentic as it was. and the show IS new and exciting for t.v, only a f**king idiot would compare t.v to movies.
 7 years ago '04        #75
space
space
 beast mode said:
the dialogue was nothing like any of those movies, do you mean accents??? if that's the case then yes maybe cause that's how people talkin in the 20's, should the producers have them saying "no homo,fam,or even OMG"??? they're going to try and be as authentic as it was. and the show IS new and exciting for t.v, only a f**king idiot would compare t.v to movies.
wtf are u talking about why would they talk like they are from today. are u mildly retarded or did u get hit in the head why would i have a problem with the dialouge

people are talking about this like its something theyve never seen before like the writer did something different with this genre. maybe they will but at this point its been done

it was a typical prohibition era gangster story nothing new or fresh like i said the characters have been done before.

so because its on tv that means what exactly. it doesnt chAnge the fact that the genre is something that has been over done and its the same f**king story from the same gengre weve seen over and over and over again

sorry i havent drunk the koolaid and i am not just hyping something that been done before the rise and eventual redemption then fall of a gangster wow how revolutionary. the episode was a paint by number gangster story.

maybe next weeks episode will be different but this s**t is in the watch when ever i get a free chance show for me not i have to be at home watching it live show
 7 years ago '08        #76
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,977 | Props total: 5545 5545
^^ You're basing a hell of a lot on 1hr of a new series.

I don't remember seeing a character like Buscemi's in any other movie.

They're also showing guys like Capone coming up, as opposed to when they were already bosses.
 7 years ago '10        #77
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 MosDefinition said:
wtf are u talking about why would they talk like they are from today. are u mildly retarded or did u get hit in the head why would i have a problem with the dialouge

people are talking about this like its something theyve never seen before like the writer did something different with this genre. maybe they will but at this point its been done

it was a typical prohibition era gangster story nothing new or fresh like i said the characters have been done before.

so because its on tv that means what exactly. it doesnt chAnge the fact that the genre is something that has been over done and its the same f**king story from the same gengre weve seen over and over and over again

sorry i havent drunk the koolaid and i am not just hyping something that been done before the rise and eventual redemption then fall of a gangster wow how revolutionary. the episode was a paint by number gangster story.

maybe next weeks episode will be different but this s**t is in the watch when ever i get a free chance show for me not i have to be at home watching it live show

who the f**k said this series was revolutionary?? you must be pulling that outta your a.ss cause nobody has said that,what else would a gangster do???? you're acting like no 20's era gangtser story should have k!lling,and law breaking since after that's all been done before,yeah lets tell the story of gangsters minus k!lling,law breaking,dialogue since it's all been done before right???
 09-22-2010, 04:13 AM         #78
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Excellent First Episode... Just Straight Illmatic.

I felt like I was watching a movie that I didn't want to end. The Acting. The Writting. The Music. The Atmosphere. Everything was great... Perfect set up. Hope none of that falls off with Scorsese not Directing any more episodes.

And by the way:

[video - click to view]

^^^That first Riff is ILL...
 09-22-2010, 04:14 AM         #79
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
Too violent.

Go watch "s3x and the City" you f*g...
 7 years ago '07        #80
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,232 | Props total: 20021 20021
Steve Buscemi k!llin this s**t, dude is one of my fav actors
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
80 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
71 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy