most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
80 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
51 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #61
VickVega 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,739 | Props total: 114 114
the end is nigh! lol
 7 years ago '08        #62
El_Maravilloso1 
space
space
$3,350 | Props total: 409 409
@ the clowns in here

that wasn't a tornado, strong winds
 09-16-2010, 10:21 PM         #63
LYRICALDETOX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2012 is coming soon people
 7 years ago '04        #64
Shea-bird 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,725 | Props total: 381 381
 LYRICALDETOX said:
2012 is coming soon people
Looking forward to it too.
 7 years ago '10        #65
SholaNY 
space
space
$696 | Props total: 103 103
heard this happening when i was watching jersey shore, i live in the queens area...could of sworn it was airplane flying over my house
 7 years ago '09        #66
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,123 | Props total: 1657 1657
s**t i was at work all day and never notice a thing
 7 years ago '04        #67
Exs 153 heat pts153
space
space
$5,791 | Props total: 1359 1359
People will forget about this in a week..... Thats how the minds of sheep work... Those of us who know whats up wont...

This is nuts
 09-17-2010, 09:02 AM         #68
mixtape mutt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was smokin on the highway when this s**t hit. s**t was regular in Jackson Heights. I heard Kew Gardens got torn up tho. I heard we had trees flying thru the air and landing on the GCP, even k!lled someone.

Yo was I the only cat noticing the hail coming down?
 7 years ago '05        #69
monkeysnthings 78 heat pts78 OP
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 76 76

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '05        #70
space
space

[video - click to view]

09-17-2010, 05:29 PM         #71
proof1984 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow!!! im in the northeast bx and all we got was heavy a.ss rain
 09-17-2010, 05:49 PM         #72
NUMERO~UNO 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i was in school when it happened.

i looked out the window and you couldn't see nothing.

no cars no trees.nada. pretty wild stuff.
 09-17-2010, 08:36 PM         #73
LoeSoSick 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damm that s**t isnt normal just like it being cold during the summer in san diego
 7 years ago '04        #74
deziking 81 heat pts81
space
space
$19,583 | Props total: 5286 5286
lmfao n*ggas getting scared of a thunderstorm come on now. That s**ts normal around here in IL
 7 years ago '05        #75
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
does that count as a tornado? Looks like a bad thunderstorm to me
 7 years ago '05        #76
space
space

[pic - click to view]

National Weather Service confirms 2 tornadoes touched down in city
AP
Last Updated: 10:28 PM, September 17, 2010
Posted: 9:41 PM, September 17, 2010
Comments: 5

More Print
The storm that churned through New York City spawned two destructive tornadoes and a fierce microburst with speeds up to 125 mph that barreled across a large swath of Brooklyn and Queens, authorities said Friday.
The storm on Thursday evening toppled trees, peeled away roofs and k!lled a woman in a car who had just swapped seats with her husband.
The fury of wind and rain that pummeled the area was New York City's ninth and tenth tornado since 1950, the National Weather Service determined Friday night.
Kyle Struckmann, a meteorologist with the agency, said it was amazing that only one person died. "It's practically a miracle considering the population that was affected by this," he said.

CHAD RACHMAN/NEW YORK POST
Dark clouds hang over the Manhattan skyline.
Photos: Storm slams NY

He said one of the tornados struck Brooklyn about 5:33 p.m. Thursday, with winds up to 80 miles per hour; the second one hit Queens, with winds up to 100 miles per hour.
But it was the microburst, which stretched 8 miles long and 5 miles wide, that packed the biggest punch, Struckmann said. It started in the Middle Village area of Queens and ended in Forest Hills. A microburst is an intense gust of wind that pours down from a storm.

City officials said the twister hopped across New York Harbor from Staten Island and barreled uninterrupted from Park Slope in Brooklyn all the way the Bayside neighborhood in Queens.
The storm was part of a line that rippled across much of the Northeast before completing its run in New York City during the Thursday evening rush hour in a matter of minutes. It caught nearly everyone off guard, including commuters heading home and parents picking up children from after-school activities.
It snapped trees and scattered them like bowling pins, downing power lines and crushing vehicles, including a car in Queens where Iline Levakis and her husband, Billy Levakis were parked. The couple, from Pennsylvania, had just switched seats in the car, said a former business partner, Peter Markos.
She was k!lled; he survived.
"There are lots of stories of people who came very close to being hit by a big tree and k!lled, but fortunately there was only one," Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday. "And that one was really tragic."
Investigators mapped out the width and intensity of the storm before determining that the tornadoes touched down, Struckmann said. The probe included surveying the aftermath by helicopter.

Read more:

[pic - click to view]

Middle Village is where I used to live in Queens and where most of my family is still at. It's part of Flushing. Forest Hills is next door and encompassed parts of the famous Queens Boulevard or Boulevard of death.

I hate going back and forth with people so except my apologies if I've offended you. At this moment members of my family are still without power and my Aunt & Uncle have holes torn through their house from trees which fell. It is amazing that only one person died and I hope everyone can pick back up where they left off.

Last edited by monkeysnthings; 09-17-2010 at 11:18 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #77
qnz raw pusha 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,928 | Props total: 391 391
 Shea-bird said:
LOL, poeple are crying about 2012 and acting like this isn't a normal end of the summer severe storm. I live here, it wasn't s**t. Here and gone. Sure some trees fall over... oh no. It's a goddamn city.
u def lyin u not from nyc am born rasied here..and my enetire life i never seen nothin like this storm it was tornado while it was happinin i knew it was a tornado cuz i nevva felt one before but whaa hapenned dat day felt like da day afta 2moro maybv cuz i was in da eye of da sotmr but dam that strong typaaaaa tornado nevva happend here
 7 years ago '05        #78
dasill 10 heat pts10
space
space
$4,893 | Props total: 2724 2724
you ny cats should come visit oklahoma in the spring we get around 50 to 70 tornadoes that touch down a day on and off
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
76 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
108 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
50 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
190 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy