Jay-Z/Eminem LP Would Be 'Up There With Thriller,' Fans Say

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '09        #1
6145 pageviews
97 comments

asid12345678 23 heat pts23
space
space
$971 | Props total: 0 0
Jay-Z/Eminem LP Would Be 'Up There With Thriller,' Fans Say

[pic - click to view]

Jay-Z and Eminem just finished their Home and Home showcase, with each MC headlining two nights at baseball stadiums in their respective hometowns, New York and Detroit.

But now that they've wrapped, is there the potential for the two to join forces again soon? MTV News hit the pavement in the Bronx just outside of Yankee Stadium to pose the question to the people: Do you want to hear a joint Jay-Z and Eminem project?

"Eminem and Jay-Z together," Karyn responded. "What a phenomenal duo who can top that?"

Jay-Z has had his share of collabo albums in the past, including two with R. Kelly and a mash-up project with Linkin Park. Now, however, the Roc Nation boss is working on a joint LP with Kanye West. But most fans seemed to agree that a record with Jay-Z and Eminem would be historical.

"If Jay and Em did a record together, it would be off the hook," Dot said.

"If God can bless this earth with Jay-Z and Eminem doing an album together, all hell would break loose," Armaan told MTV News. "It would be impossible to find that album."

Music-industry insider Eddie Blackmon agreed the project would move quickly off shelves. "They're two of the greatest lyrical artists of our generation," he explained. "I think if they got together and collaborated on a project, it'd sell millions and millions of records."

New Edition's Michael Bivins also attended the event and afterward, he told MTV News he was enthusiastic about the idea of the two superstars coming together.

"The expectations might be really, really high," Bivins said about a potential LP. "Up there with Thriller."

l

97 comments for "Jay-Z/Eminem LP Would Be 'Up There With Thriller,' Fans Say"

7 years ago '09        #2
asid12345678 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
:mj2:
 09-16-2010, 04:49 PM         #3
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the only thing that would do is start an EPIC STAN WAR....that would last for the next 40 years..
 7 years ago '09        #4
asid12345678 23 heat pts23 OP
space
space
^^^

who cares about them crazy a.ss fans yo

think about the great music we'll get to hear...that'll be replayed for the next 40 years
 7 years ago '07        #5
1LynguisticMind 177 heat pts177
space
space
$24,901 | Props total: 1146 1146
that would be the ultimate cash cow....Illuminati figures
 09-16-2010, 04:53 PM         #6
Yellob0y 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that album would sound terrible...Jay-Z is too laid back and Em is too animated for it to work consistently...
 09-16-2010, 04:54 PM         #7
HERCH 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
renegade pt 2? = f**k--

as long as the only feats go to dre/kanye-- were good.. all beats by dre/em/kanye/blaze
 7 years ago '07        #8
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,476 | Props total: 69976 69976
that'll be great but um, i think jay-z popularity is outweighing his rap skills. I love jay-z music and everything, but....i dont think he's a better rapper than Nas. But Nas took the route of not being commercially hot, so a jay-z/eminem album would be hot, no lie. But i'd prefer Nas and eminem cd.

Or a Nas/Eminem/Jay-z album would be prolly the best rap album ever
 09-16-2010, 04:55 PM         #9
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 asid12345678 said:
^^^

who cares about them crazy a.ss fans yo

think about the great music we'll get to hear...that'll be replayed for the next 40 years

i don't think the music would be great.....i don't think the chemistry would be there to make an entire album....but yes the album would sell based on name recognition alone...not so much the music..
 7 years ago '06        #10
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
hov and em got the biggest stans so yeah that album would sell very well regardless of what it sounded like.
 09-16-2010, 04:57 PM         #11
IKeepsItTrill100 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow is all I can say...just wow.
 7 years ago '07        #12
Ole-G 347 heat pts347
space
space
$10,235 | Props total: 13 13
I hope it happens before 2012
 09-16-2010, 05:01 PM         #13
Lyriceater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas x Jay-Z would be historical. This? Not sure, need more Jay x Em collabs to judge.
 7 years ago '06        #14
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,676 | Props total: 8625 8625
the album would be a.ss but still sell maybe if it came out in their prime it would be a classic album but I think it would be a.ss and the one with Kanye will be a.ss
 7 years ago '04        #15
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,850 | Props total: 5193 5193
I'm not gonna say it wouldn't be cool to hear but the thought of it doesn't really excite me and even if they announced it there are plenty albums i'd be anticipating more.
 7 years ago '04        #16
bw5011 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,598 | Props total: 369 369
Maybe in their prime.. now it would be like best of both worlds was...average.. actually below average... Jay-Z needs to retire and take Em with him.... both use to have the flu now they barely have colds...
 09-16-2010, 05:06 PM         #17
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people love to speculate
 09-16-2010, 05:07 PM         #18
Sephiroth757 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They're both all little too far past their prime. And saying that is also disrespectful to Thriller.
 7 years ago '04        #19
D-Swift 
space
space
$1,039 | Props total: 89 89
Um....No.....
 7 years ago '09        #20
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,714 | Props total: 6210 6210
 bw5011 said:
Maybe in their prime.. now it would be like best of both worlds was...average.. actually below average...
Eminem is a different proposition to an RnB artist like R Kelly,i really liked collision course but that was remixes.

Obviously an album with Jay and Em would sell,dont think it will happen but we can always hope
 HotepSuns said:
the only thing that would do is start an EPIC STAN WAR....that would last for the next 40 years..
Thats very possible(actually guarenteed),Renegade wont be forgotten about anytime soon

Last edited by ShadyVsEminem; 09-16-2010 at 05:10 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago