Was Nas a real street n1gga?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
171 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
124 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
51 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
74 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-15-2010, 11:03 PM         #81
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JoeyPrince said:
Amen n*gga preach
I was waiting for some recognition for that post, good to see someone knows what the f**k is up
 7 years ago '05        #82
Flatbush85 54 heat pts54
space
space
$14,388 | Props total: 696 696
 knowlege bass said:
From the man himself - "The Rise and The Fall"

"My cars were auctioned off, now I catch rides with kidnap n*ggas
Who snatched babies off to get back figures, Lessons from heaven
Every night I slept with my weapon to guard my family for a minute
I forgot my profession, not from Columbia or Nicaragua
Don't distribute coke from Antigua, that shipped out to Panama
Pablo Escobar's bloody reign came to an end
Far from my life; a kid who made his fame from a pen

Hit the studio and change the game again
Wrote down all the pain within"

I was about to post that myself. Nas pretty much put out there on that whole song that his street stories and lavish lifestyle was fabricated.
 7 years ago '04        #83
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 2410 2410
 Bob Sacamano said:
y'all some gossipy b**ches in the hip hop spot

the dude grew up in the biggest hood in the country during crack epidemic NYC in the 80s, dropped out of middle school, and made it out alive. Enough said...

What have you been through? The term real doesn't even mean anything in the modern state of hip hop, Nas' era was so much realer they can't be compared.
Wasn't that dude Drake an actor on some f**king Disney show before deciding to be the next hot auto tune rapper? Yeah... don't talk to me about Nas' street cred cause I don't give a f**k what you think you know aka what you heard from some other nerd on the internet, or what some disgruntled homie said because hes so jealous of Nas' success that he'll say anything to discredit him. Respect the legends in the game.
basically....... the n*gga is almost 40 a grown man not really worried about street cred... yall n*ggas need to grow the f**k up...
 7 years ago '04        #84
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 2410 2410
 Bob Sacamano said:
y'all some gossipy b**ches in the hip hop spot

the dude grew up in the biggest hood in the country during crack epidemic NYC in the 80s, dropped out of middle school, and made it out alive. Enough said...

What have you been through? The term real doesn't even mean anything in the modern state of hip hop, Nas' era was so much realer they can't be compared.
Wasn't that dude Drake an actor on some f**king Disney show before deciding to be the next hot auto tune rapper? Yeah... don't talk to me about Nas' street cred cause I don't give a f**k what you think you know aka what you heard from some other nerd on the internet, or what some disgruntled homie said because hes so jealous of Nas' success that he'll say anything to discredit him. Respect the legends in the game.
basically....... the n*gga is almost 40 a grown man not really worried about street cred... yall n*ggas need to grow the f**k up...
 7 years ago '05        #85
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
 HotepSuns said:
what point?.....most n*ggas in hip hop have told street tales....it's a part of hip hop....nas grew up in qb the largest housing project in the country....it's not like he grew up in the burbs...he had a lifetime to soak up all this,and relay what he saw...it doesn't equate to him claiming to be a gangsta.....

a lot of you n*ggas are hip hop dumb..
Lol, you trying way too hard in here. Nas is the best rapper ever, but claiming he doesn't claim gangster and kingpin is rediculous. I'll show you a couple, because clearly that's all that's required to prove you wrong, seen as you think he's NEVER claimed gangsta.

Basically all of It Was Written, Nas was claiming gangsta:

"My actions are one with the seasons
A tec squeezin - executioner, winter time I rock a fur" - Take It In Blood

"But every night the gat's fired, and every day a rat's hired
I still remain the mack flyest in the phat Kani, it's --
-- just the k!ller in me, slash drug dealer MC
Ex-slug filler, semi mug peeler" - Take It In Blood

"And of course I've been the boss since back when
Rocking D Boy, Fila, velour in 190 black Benz
Now they shut down the stores when I'm shopping
Used to be train robbing, face covered in stocking
I'm him" - Hero

Does this make him any worse of a rapper? Of course not. 90% of the damn rap game does the same s**t, but let's not try dress Nas up as some saint. Hell, I think he'd be mad if you tried to tell him he's never claimed any of this. CLEARLY he wants people to believe he's been through all this s**t. He typically talks about it like it's in the past , but in his younger days he talked about it like he was still a crime kingpin. Most the rap game is fake, and despite being so, they'd try convince you til their dying breath that everything they say is true. Rap is art and entertainment. If you can't appreciate the music without having to believe that Rapper XYZ REALLY did k!ll that whole gang that tried to jump him, or REALLY is owed 100 favours by a drug kingpin, that's your loss.
 7 years ago '05        #86
alkoholyck 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 41 41
Having said that, if you don't think Nas in some gangsta s**t, Snoop Dogg, for one, disagress to an extent:

[video - click to view]

From about 5 minutes on. One of the coolest stories I've heard. If Nas having 100 dudes with him with guns on them isn't 'keeping it real' to you guys, then so be it.
 7 years ago '08        #87
j8dakiss 
space
space
$732 | Props total: 152 152
 BrookLynnStiles said:
no. when your own friends that you came up with and cats from your hood go on the record to call you out as a fraud then thats what it is. not to mention known rappers from his hood coremega, mobb deep, 5 fingas calls him out.

then on top of that, another cat from another city comes to your set and plays you?

had to throw a rebuttal in there, after watching ya pac joint I checked out suge interview, cuz I remember something about nas and pac tryna link up...most of the dudes that dissed nas only did so after they didnt get there way, the same thing Jay going thru right now

[video - click to view]

09-16-2010, 04:23 AM         #88
BASSATTACK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Yellob0y said:
what exactly is a "real street n*gga"...:disdain2:
Obviously you not hood
 7 years ago '05        #89
Trill Azz Nigga 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 16 16
 BASSATTACK said:
Obviously you not hood
yea he from the surburdz ..its so obvious
 7 years ago '08        #90
phantom4life 
space
space
space
$825 | Props total: 23 23
 nkflier54 said:
Tupac

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by phantom4life; 09-16-2010 at 11:20 AM..
 09-16-2010, 11:43 AM         #91
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow, this is so stupid..i thought we were supposed to like these artists cuz of thier music? people like you are k!lling hip hop
 7 years ago '09        #92
Ash10 21 heat pts21
space
space
$49,080 | Props total: 8850 8850
n*ggaz are dumb it was written was a mafioso album like ob4cl & do or die, dumbf**ks
 09-16-2010, 11:47 AM         #93
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 alkoholyck said:
Lol, you trying way too hard in here. Nas is the best rapper ever, but claiming he doesn't claim gangster and kingpin is rediculous. I'll show you a couple, because clearly that's all that's required to prove you wrong, seen as you think he's NEVER claimed gangsta.

Basically all of It Was Written, Nas was claiming gangsta:

"My actions are one with the seasons
A tec squeezin - executioner, winter time I rock a fur" - Take It In Blood

"But every night the gat's fired, and every day a rat's hired
I still remain the mack flyest in the phat Kani, it's --
-- just the k!ller in me, slash drug dealer MC
Ex-slug filler, semi mug peeler" - Take It In Blood

"And of course I've been the boss since back when
Rocking D Boy, Fila, velour in 190 black Benz
Now they shut down the stores when I'm shopping
Used to be train robbing, face covered in stocking
I'm him" - Hero

Does this make him any worse of a rapper? Of course not. 90% of the damn rap game does the same s**t, but let's not try dress Nas up as some saint. Hell, I think he'd be mad if you tried to tell him he's never claimed any of this. CLEARLY he wants people to believe he's been through all this s**t. He typically talks about it like it's in the past , but in his younger days he talked about it like he was still a crime kingpin. Most the rap game is fake, and despite being so, they'd try convince you til their dying breath that everything they say is true. Rap is art and entertainment. If you can't appreciate the music without having to believe that Rapper XYZ REALLY did k!ll that whole gang that tried to jump him, or REALLY is owed 100 favours by a drug kingpin, that's your loss.

n*gga stop lying....find me an interview where nas has EVER said he did ANY of that s**t..and you picking quotes from songs that were STORY TELLING tracks is asinine...it was written was just one big concept to prove he could do the s**t biggie was doing,and do it better...there is a difference between someone painting you a picture,and someone relaying to you real life events....it's clear some of you don't possess the mental capacity to tell the difference...

if a n*gga does a story telling track about kidnapping hoes,and robbing a bank for 5 million....then obviously HE DID IT,and is claiming he's a gangsta........twits..
 09-16-2010, 12:17 PM         #94
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i can tell y'all are young for even discussing it the way y'all have....nas blew up in the early 90s..pre internet. you couldn't get put on back then if your hood wasn't behind you. nas never admitted to being the most gangsta or a full fledged thug for that matter. however, every hood in nyc had his back. there was no hiding behind colors none of that bs, straight hood love which was the reason all of these rappers were jealous of him. if doing stupid s**t in the streets makes someone dope in your book than enjoy listening to boosie, wayne, and the rest of the idiots
 7 years ago '09        #95
BrooklynStiles 82 heat pts82
space
space
$10,445 | Props total: 8539 8539
 NahLij said:
My very favorite interview ever with any hip hop artist. That man was way ahead.
ur welcome.

j8dakiss said:
had to throw a rebuttal in there, after watching ya pac joint I checked out suge interview, cuz I remember something about nas and pac tryna link up...most of the dudes that dissed nas only did so after they didnt get there way, the same thing Jay going thru right now

did pac ever diss nas? i know he herb'd nas but i never remember a diss track.

back to the point: just like you say "most...dudes that dissed nas only did so after they didn't get there way". the reason jay-z (a nas fan) ever had beef with nas is because nas stood up jay on a studio session for "bring it on" off reasonable doubt. seems to me that nas thought he was too hot to collab w/ n*ggas. but just a couple years ago at big daddy kane's tour nas treated jay like the best of friends

that just adds to the point of this thread, nas is a fraud.
 7 years ago '08        #96
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Watch a documentary about his life and then comeback....
 7 years ago '08        #97
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
He seen best friend get shot in front of him
 7 years ago '05        #98
Trill Azz Nigga 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 16 16
My bad nas...u real dawg...lock up thread ronnie
 09-16-2010, 03:20 PM         #99
Nappytown 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas is from queensbridge...aint that the biggest hood in the world?
 7 years ago '04        #100
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,089 | Props total: 614 614
 nkflier54 said:
bull fkin sht
first song on Pacs album NAS the Ringleader....
Ni99a sees nas in person immediately squashes the beef.... C'mon son he see's biggie pac reaching for hammers.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
92 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
24 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
63 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
185 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
82 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy