Steph Kegels
83 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
54 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
116 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #141
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
so i'm guessing playing this s**t online is gonna be b00tycrack

everybody will be playing with the Super Heat i bet

just like FIFA 10 everyone online either plays with Barcelona/Real Madrid/ManU/Chelsea and on Madden everyone plays with either the Saints or Colts

I'm still coppin this joint though i have bought a basketball game since the nintendo 64 days
 7 years ago '04        #142
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
 P-Hill said:
For me, the only thing that can k!ll this game is glitches. The CPU isn't cheesy passing to the inside for cheap a.ss buckets.. I can't force the ball around (gotta be smart), if I crack someone and they're out of position, they have to plant their feet to get back into position instead of sliding right back (often times leading to a contested shot like in previous 2k games)... Set shots, moving shots, fadeaways, fake passes, etc... all f**kin authentic and context sensitive... on top of that, this is a old a.ss build and 2k's already made plenty improvements to it... i'm in b ball heaven again yo, i haven't felt like this since 2K8.
Yeah that's what I was coming to post... this build is from E3 in June...three months ago s**t has def improved since then
 7 years ago '04        #143
space
space
How do you break ankles in this? I hate having R be the shot button also...
 7 years ago '05        #144
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,095 | Props total: 10786 10786

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '04        #145
space
space
^^ Yeah I know those but I couldn't get them to work in the demo...was wondering if it was working for anyone else and I was just doing them wrong...
 7 years ago '04        #146
sideshow20 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,586 | Props total: 553 553
Heres my take on the game:

1. As far as graphics goes yes its dumbed down (its the demo what did you expect?)
2. The basketball was tooo f**king orange (its the demo what did you expect)
3. the controls are better imo (i found it harder to attack the basket as it was easy as hell to do in 2k10)
4. They took that cheap a.ss baseline s**t out (meaning they pretty much made it harder for you to attack the basket when going baseline) i tried to do that s**t with kobe and he just pulled a jumpshot.
5. Presentation has gotten better (its not f**king with elites only because elite has espn) 2k sports should of gotten tnt lol
6. you cant do your long distance passing no more . when i tried it the cpu stole that s**t everytime i did that s**t. (meaning the cpu has got alil smarter. wonder how they are in the HOF mode.)

and thats pretty much it of how i viewed it. i wanna see elites demo and then i will see which game is better.
 7 years ago '05        #147
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
Shooting the Ball
As many of you know, shot control is one of the things I’m most passionate about when it comes to my virtual hoops. And I’m proud to say that NBA 2K11 got a huge upgrade in that regard. When we introduced the Shot Stick back in NBA 2K6 it was one of the best innovations of its time. Unfortunately, over the years, the Shot Stick hasn’t seen a whole lot of upgrades. That all changes this year.

The first thing we did was re-map the dunks, as we felt Basic, Flashy, and Power had way too much overlap. Now, the categories are:
  • Straight = Normal/Signature dunk
  • Left = Hop/Euro Step dunk
  • Right = Rim Hang dunk
  • Away = Spin dunk (in traffic) or Reverse dunk (on a breakaway)
  • Twirl = 360 in air dunk (for the few guys that can do them)
  • We’ve also doubled our layup types:
  • Shot Modifier + Straight = Euro Step or Fake Pass (think Rondo) Layup
  • Shot Modifier + Left = Hop Step left layup
  • Shot Modifier + Right = Hop Step right layup
  • Shot Modifier + Away = Spin layup

The nice thing about the longer gather to finish sequences is that you can branch them prior to takeoff. So let’s say you see a seam in the defense and trigger a hop step layup through the gap. If you beat the first defender with the hop and have open space to finish, just let the rest of the layup play out. But if you see help rotate over to beat up your shot, you can quickly neutral the Shot Stick, and re-issue a new command before the hop step finishes and switch your layup to the other side. It’s a nice tool for the offense and makes attacking the basket more of a twitch game.

Momentum jumpers also got some love. Like last year’s drifters, these play when you’re driving across the basket and are useful for creating space against the onball defender. These shots are also interruptible. So you can trigger the shot animation and neutral out the Shot Stick before your player gets off the ground for a pumpfake. I love doing this against overzealous defenders looking for a highlight block. Hit the brakes and they fly right by:
  • Shot Stick with momentum = Drifter
  • Shot Stick away from rim = Stepback jumper
  • Shot Stick opposite your momentum = Spin jumper (Lebron uses this all the time IRL)

We’ve also given you the ability to perform Kobe’s reverse pivot, Hakeem’s dream shake, Rondo’s ball fake, and various up and under type moves on demand. When you hold the Shot Modifier (LT for 360 and L2 for PS3), flicking the Shot Stick for a pump fake will initiate the first part of the move - the type of move you get is based on the direction you flick your stick and the context of your movement. This gives you a second to read the defense and see if he bites on your fake. Flick and hold the Shot Stick again and you’ll complete the second part of the move. It’s a fun read and react mini-game which allows for some nice highlight moments.

Here is a little tidbit Mike Wang (Beluba) posted in our Forums, on "Flick Flick" moves.

Beluba said:
Anyone try the "flick flick" moves yet? They're some of my favorite shots.

Hold LT, flick the Shot Stick and let it return to neutral (like a pumpfake), then flick and hold it again before the pumpfake ends. You get different shots depending on your movement, facing, distance, and direction of your flicks.

If you're having trouble getting your passes picked, Total Control Passing will allow you to move your receivers around wherever you want. Unfortunately, it's disabled by default so you'll have to enable it when you pick up the full version. Personally, I can't play without it.

Too bad you guys can't change the diff. and game style... it changes the experience pretty drastically.

[video - click to view]

Once most of your players are past half court tap LB/L1 and then quickly follow that up by pressing the icon of the player you want to run the play for. For example, Kobe Bryant would be B or O. So initially, tap LB/L1 and then quickly tap B/O. A red circle will be under the player of choice, Kobe in this case. You will now need to press another face button (A,B,X,Y/X,O,Triangle,Square) to initiate a play. If done correctly, play art will show up on the court.
 7 years ago '05        #148
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
^^ Yeah I know those but I couldn't get them to work in the demo...was wondering if it was working for anyone else and I was just doing them wrong...
Are you doing the moves according to where you are on the court as opposed to always pressing left or right to do something?
 7 years ago '04        #149
space
space
 P-Hill said:
Are you doing the moves according to where you are on the court as opposed to always pressing left or right to do something?
I'm not sure but I couldn't do any crossovers or anything...i did get one in but I'm not even sure how I did it to be honest...I only played the demo like three times and I never played NBA 2K10 so i probbaly gotta get used to the controls... but Imma on the demo hard to get them controls down so when the 5th comes it's on
 7 years ago '05        #150
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
I have 0 complaints about 2k's playcalling now... especially since they put an A above the person who should have the rock just like nba live

2k11 = GOAT
 7 years ago '05        #151
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
I'm not sure but I couldn't do any crossovers or anything...i did get one in but I'm not even sure how I did it to be honest...I only played the demo like three times and I never played NBA 2K10 so i probbaly gotta get used to the controls... but Imma on the demo hard to get them controls down so when the 5th comes it's on
For me, the only times moves weren't working were if was caught in a size up animation where he's standing there dribbling fancy...

I just did a basic size up one way... then pushed the left stick to the opposite hand.. let go of LT, and pushed it back to the ball hand and he did a double cross over.
 7 years ago '04        #152
space
space
 P-Hill said:
I just did a basic size up one way... then pushed the left stick to the opposite hand.. let go of LT, and pushed it back to the ball hand and he did a double cross over.
Thats' what I'm doing wrong then...I never let go of LT or L1 I should say...I always held it down.. so you flick it one way with it held then let go and flick the other way?
 7 years ago '06        #153
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,407 | Props total: 961 961
:yayo: still waiting for elite
 7 years ago '04        #154
space
space
 chevyrida6 said:
21 days man =)
 7 years ago '05        #155
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
Thats' what I'm doing wrong then...I never let go of LT or L1 I should say...I always held it down.. so you flick it one way with it held then let go and flick the other way?
just tried it while holding it down and it still works.. i think it also depends on what animation you're currently in... just keep practicing... the best way to try it is with Derek Fisher as you're bringing the ball up... just hold LT and do the moves you're trying to do as soon as you cross the half court line
 7 years ago '05        #156
Trill Azz Nigga 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,740 | Props total: 16 16
 chevyrida6 said:
 7 years ago '06        #157
Supreme7 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,843 | Props total: 2007 2007
demo a.ss
 7 years ago '08        #158
TheFuckinEmpire 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,393 | Props total: 1645 1645
 chevyrida6 said:
Shut cho a.ss up.
 7 years ago '10        #159
Official253 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,912 | Props total: 1269 1269
sick! kobes moves never felt so real. oct.5
 7 years ago '04        #160
BigC75 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,072 | Props total: 234 234
Everybody...please catch ur breath! Its only a DEMO....that means it is NOT a complete copy of the actual game thats coming out. To all that says they're gonna wait for Elite..it comes out the same day I believe so thats on U to buy that P.O.S. U know NBA2k11 is superior... cmon Son
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
104 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
26 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
60 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
18 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy