Calvin Johnson Catch (Worst Call In NFL History)

most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
139 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
192 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
235 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
81 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,547 | Props total: 203 203
 knowughetto said:
This was the worst call ever...If that's the case, that catch that Santonio Holmes made to beat the Cardinals in the Super Bowl should have been called incomplete...

[/QUOTE]

no, because holmes had complete control of the ball throughout the whole play, where as calvin didnt after hittin the ground
 7 years ago '04        #62
starzz 
space
space
$787 | Props total: 0 0
 sasuke-sama313 said:
that's not what happened dum a.ss
yeah it is when he caught the ball he went to the ground thus making the action of the catch not over! if thats not what happened then they would have ruled it a TD right away! did you watch the game? the head of the refs explained clearly!
 7 years ago '08        #63
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 KeepinItTrill said:
pretty sure he's referring to the "tuck rule" game
yeah i just had so the murphy vid a few post back and with that said tuck rule wins but this is 2nd
 7 years ago '06        #64
A.M.BESSA 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,879 | Props total: 975 975
das a gangsta a.ss ref :laughing9:
 7 years ago '06        #65
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,624 | Props total: 2293 2293
When it get's to the point of being subjective, it's some bullsh1t. His getting to the ground could be also interpreted as completing the action. IMO. Whereas it pertains to an actual football move. How could getting up be a completetion of a football move, when the ball can't be advanced any further than the end zone? The refs choked on this one for real.
 7 years ago '07        #66
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
bottom line is that he got that a.ss taxed for showboating...if he would of kept both hands on the ball instead being in such a hurry to get up and show his a.ss they would of ruled it a touchdown
 7 years ago '09        #67
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 33 33
 starzz said:
yeah it is when he caught the ball he went to the ground thus making the action of the catch not over! if thats not what happened then they would have ruled it a TD right away! did you watch the game? the head of the refs explained clearly!
Can't argue with the the head ref.
 7 years ago '06        #68
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
thats gotta be a catch.... the balls gotta come down somewhere, who cares if he just puts the ball down?
 7 years ago '06        #69
youngral 
space
space
$6,649 | Props total: 629 629
When in the game did this happen?
 7 years ago '10        #70
CJ1CH 
space
space
$181 | Props total: 5 5
 7 years ago '07        #71
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,202 | Props total: 15048 15048
 youngral said:
When in the game did this happen?
think it was with like 25 seconds left in the 4th quarter
 7 years ago '08        #72
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 starzz said:
Yeah i did in HD on my ex700 LED and saw it and he was on the way up and used the ball to get up.
 09-12-2010, 04:42 PM         #73
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
clearly a catch
 7 years ago '04        #74
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
@layzie8171:

That was a touchdown for Johnson...I don't know what you are looking at....Johnson was clearly in the endzone, had both feet in, had full possession, and held onto the ball while he fell..That was a touchdown...Holmes did have both feet inbounds and had full possession, but the ball was out of bounds and they still called it a touchdown...but like I said, if they call that catch by Johnson incomplete, that catch by Holmes should have been incomplete....
 09-12-2010, 04:45 PM         #75
Chosen Few DS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm in the Chi and i saw that s**t live.... That s**t was triflin......
 09-12-2010, 04:46 PM         #76
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
idiot doesn't learn the rules of the game and wonders why he gets burned.

look at the TD Donald Driver just caught - made sure he got his off hand under the ball.
 7 years ago '10        #77
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Gotta follow the rules; that's why they have them. No TD

DA BEARS!!
 7 years ago '04        #78
starzz 
space
space
$787 | Props total: 0 0
 sasuke-sama313 said:
Yeah i did in HD on my ex700 LED and saw it and he was on the way up and used the ball to get up.
congratulations I watched on my HD set as well but what does that have to do with the call? seems like someone has run out of intelligent things to say! either way the HEAD of the refs in the league said it was not a catch so really what are we arguing?
 7 years ago '06        #79
layzie8171 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,547 | Props total: 203 203
 knowughetto said:
@layzie8171:

That was a touchdown for Johnson...I don't know what you are looking at....Johnson was clearly in the endzone, had both feet in, had full possession, and held onto the ball while he fell..That was a touchdown...Holmes did have both feet inbounds and had full possession, but the ball was out of bounds and they still called it a touchdown...but like I said, if they call that catch by Johnson incomplete, that catch by Holmes should have been incomplete....
i see what ur saying but the only difference between the plays is holmes held on to the ball the whole time, doesnt matter if it was outof bounds because he held onto it throughout. calvin did not complete the play, yes he caught it in the air, came down with both feet, BUT he didnt hold onto it at the end. it was all simultaneously and in order to be a full catch he had to keep control of the ball, which he did not.
 7 years ago '07        #80
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,148 | Props total: 1365 1365
All I wanna know is WTF is a second act? Were watching a play now. Such a BS call!! Not mention if you notice the original call on the field was TD not incomplete. After the booth review, ref says the call stands which should have been a TD. WTF again?? Worst officiating ever.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
50 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
50 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
66 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
141 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Man is thrown 45 feet off bridge for intervening in couple's ..
67 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
189 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
160 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy