Sep 9 - Philly Police beat man bloody on tape (broken arm, 6 stitches)(Video)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
6843 pageviews
61 comments

Grisly 29 heat pts29
space
space
$6,987 | Props total: 1335 1335
Sep 9 - Philly Police beat man bloody on tape (broken arm, 6 stitches)(Video)

[video - click to view]

A video uploaded to YouTube shows disturbing footage of a man on the ground being beaten by a Philadelphia Police officer, while other officers try to hold the man down.

The video begins with four Philadelphia police officers tackling a man on a sidewalk. As the man is on the ground, one officer in particular continues to beat the man on his head, back, arms and chest repeatedly with a metal-looking police baton.

The man being beaten, 29-year-old Askia Sabur, was standing outside a Chinese restaurant when police pulled up and asked him for his ID, according to Sabur’s attorney Evan Hughs. When Sabur turned to walk back into the Chinese restaurant, the police jumped out of the car and tackled him, Hughs told NBC Philadelphia.

Police tell NBC Philadelphia that Sabur was blocking the store's doorway and when they asked him to move, he refused and hit one of the officers.

“I didn’t do nothing wrong,” Sabur says repeatedly in the video.

At first friends yell at Sabur in the video to stop resisting the police, even though he’s already on the ground. But as the officer continues to beat Sabur, the people watching yell for the officer to stop.

“Yo, he’s not f!ghting! He’s not even f!ghting!” voices from the crowd shout.

The beating lasts for the duration of the 2-minute and 29-second video. At one point the officer pulls back and blood is visible on his shirt.

According to Hughes, the incident happened in the 19th police district. Sabur’s sister, Naimah Wilson, told NBC Philadelphia that it happened on Sept. 3 at about 9 p.m..

Police brought Sabur to Mercy Hospital after the incident, where he was treated for head trauma and a fractured left arm, according to Wilson. Wilson said that her brother was simply talking to men in the neighborhood while waiting for his Chinese food.

Now, Sabur is charged with aggravated a.ssault, robbery and attempting to take an officer's equipment, firearm, but internal affairs is investigating the case to see if the use of force was within police guidelines, according to Philadelphia Police spokesperson Lt. Frank Vanore.

“There’s things that happen before the video and obviously things that happen after and we’ll have to get the whole picture together,” says Vanore.

61 comments for "Sep 9 - Philly Police beat man bloody on tape (broken arm, 6 stitches)(Video)"

7 years ago '09        #2
Jet Jagu4r 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,182 | Props total: 118 118
Damn man thats bad
 09-09-2010, 11:01 PM         #3
pennstatebolt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
His wife must have just left him and he let loose all that bundled up aggression.
 7 years ago '10        #4
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
I love this cause i doubt people gonna be pulling the Race card out now.

anyway, put your hands behind your back means put your hands behind your back, you ignore a cop and you are considered hostile, you get hit once, then put your hands behind your back, this fool on the ground was ignorant. Dude should have never pulled his gun, but keep in mine the officers where probably also scared behind surrounded by a s**t ton of people, waiting for back up, yeah it was 4 on 1 but you cant all jump on the dude cause that crowed could have whooped those cops
 7 years ago '05        #5
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
 7 years ago '05        #6
monkeysnthings 78 heat pts78
space
space
$2,221 | Props total: 76 76
Philly cops ain't playin nowadays. Too many got k!lled so they don't take chances no more. I ain't taking their side in this though. The cop beating on the kid is def getting suspended. But it'll be with pay and he'll get transferred to another precinct. Same s**t they do all the time. Cops need to realize everyone has a camera. Gotta be stupid to have a crowd like that and still whoop his a.ss.
 7 years ago '06        #7
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
Black cooooooooooooooooooooooop black cop black cop black copppppppp
 7 years ago '05        #8
TIGER HOODS 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,042 | Props total: 1 1
The cop pulled out his gun, aimed it at the crowd and said 'Come f**k wit us!'

Where they do that at?

I dont care what happened before the video, they used extremely excessive force and I hope these dirty pigs do time and get fired for this s**t. Unfortunately, it probably wont happen.
 09-10-2010, 12:15 AM         #9
Stabbin101 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it's extremely difficult into draw a fine line between police brutality/suspect consistent ignorance.

1. the suspect was warned several times to place his hands behind his back.

refuses to do so
cop beats him with baton

2. the cop draws his weapon to "INTENTIONALLY" use it as a deterence towards the crowd which was getting hostile.

cop puts his weapon back and continues to beat the suspect
back up arrives and they dismantle the suspect

taking these events into consideration we can clearly see both sides of exessive police force and suspect ingornace.

i believe the correct action was taken place by the officers. the suspect was warned ample times.the officer could have pepper sprayed him or tazed him, so consider that ignorant suspect luckly he wasn't placed in more pain by the hands of pepper spray and tazer.
 7 years ago '07        #10
consizzle 
space
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
f**k THE PO PO'S THATS SOME FUCT UP s**t MANE FOR REAL
 7 years ago '05        #11
cjlack03 
space
space
$308 | Props total: 51 51
 TIGER HOODS said:
The cop pulled out his gun, aimed it at the crowd and said 'Come f**k wit us!'

Where they do that at?

haha only in Philly my n*gga. s**t aint no game out here. Cops dont f**k around no more after all the police deaths the past few years. They quick to pull it now
 7 years ago '07        #12
Kala Babu 
space
space
$2,262 | Props total: 126 126
lmao why didnt he just give up n get arrested
 7 years ago '10        #13
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$22,955 | Props total: 8863 8863
 stabbin101 said:
it's extremely difficult into draw a fine line between police brutality/suspect consistent ignorance.

refuses to do so
cop beats him with baton

2. the cop draws his weapon to "INTENTIONALLY" use it as a deterence towards the crowd which was getting hostile.

taking these events into consideration we can clearly see both sides of exessive police force and suspect ingornace.

i believe the correct action was taken place by the officers. the suspect was warned ample times.the officer could have pepper sprayed him or tazed him, so consider that ignorant suspect luckly he wasn't placed in more pain by the hands of pepper spray and tazer.

A metal paton to the head is considered attempted manslaughter hence the reason cops are NOT allowed to attack any civilian above the neck unless it is to prevent actual harm to the officer.....

There were 4-6 cops there and if the combined effort by them can't restain a 170 pound man who is on the floor is just beyond pathetic, but for no reason should that cop have continuously beat him and clearly in the video he went for a few headshots with it.....

Clearly after the man was hancuffed on one arm he was calmly sitting on the floor and it states his arm was broken might be the reason why he didn't/couldn't give them his other hand due to pain, plus his head was bleeding as you could see all the blood on the "crazy" officers shirt

All in all this was a poorly handled arrest and will most likely result in a lawsuit against Philly

EDIT:

Upon further review we really never saw what occured before the video started but it looks as if the man attacked one cop, but to use that amount of force after that fact is uncalled for

And for the cop to draw his sidearm and to point it at a crowd in a crazed manor is over the line

Last edited by Seymore Cake; 09-10-2010 at 12:40 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #14
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
 stabbin101 said:

refuses to do so
cop beats him with baton

You rather get beat upside the head get broken bones instead of getting mased, I'll take that pepper spray all day. Dude was ignorant as hell but I didn't see anything he did or the crowd did that warrants a beat down. I see why them cops was getting k!lled them some rental cops. Four cops couldnt subdue one man with out beating his a.ss they wouldn't last 5 minutes in my neighborhood. The crowd didnt seemed hostile at all, they seen a man getting his a.ss beat and they were trying to help.

Last edited by Fiya Starter; 09-10-2010 at 12:42 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #15
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
 stabbin101 said:

refuses to do so
cop beats him with baton

cjlack03 said:
haha only in Philly my n*gga. s**t aint no game out here. Cops dont f**k around no more after all the police deaths the past few years. They quick to pull it now
:agreement6:

Seymore Cake said:

A metal paton to the head is considered attempted manslaughter hence the reason cops are NOT allowed to attack any civilian above the neck unless it is to prevent actual harm to the officer.....

There were 4-6 cops there and if the combined effort by them can't restain a 170 pound man who is on the floor is just beyond pathetic, but for no reason should that cop have continuously beat him and clearly in the video he went for a few headshots with it.....

Clearly after the man was hancuffed on one arm he was calmly sitting on the floor and it states his arm was broken might be the reason why he didn't/couldn't give them his other hand due to pain, plus his head was bleeding as you could see all the blood on the "crazy" officers shirt

All in all this was a poorly handled arrest and will most likely result in a lawsuit against Philly

EDIT:

Upon further review we really never saw what occured before the video started but it looks as if the man attacked one cop, but to use that amount of force after that fact is uncalled for

And for the cop to draw his sidearm and to point it at a crowd in a crazed manor is over the line
He pointed the side arm to back the crowed up, they dont play games in philly, cops get k!lled all the time, and they werent in the best hood to be beating dudes.

im pretty sure the dude bit the cop as well, not saying what the cops did was right, but come on, cops tell you to do something and you do it. i dunno why people get so mad at cops when this s**t happens, you still live in a world where you think the cops are always wrong. like people never f**k with the police
 7 years ago '10        #16
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
 Fiya Starter said:
You rather get beat upside the head get broken bones instead of getting mased, I'll take that pepper spray all day. Dude was ignorant as hell but I didn't see anything he did or the crowd did that warrants a beat down. I see why them cops was getting k!lled them some rental cops. Four cops couldnt subdue one man with out beating his a.ss they wouldn't last 5 minutes in my neighborhood. The crowd didnt seemed hostile at all, they seen a man getting his a.ss beat and they were trying to help.
id rather get nither, so id listen to the cops, but you dont know what started it, cop probably said something, dude probably mouthed off, they got in a arguement, and dude had to be put down.

and i dunno what those cops where doing but i believe 2 of them where female............................................ .......... some jobs i just dont wont women doing in the streets
 7 years ago '10        #17
Seymore Cake 19 heat pts19
space
space
$22,955 | Props total: 8863 8863
 HeyCobra said:
:agreement6:

He pointed the side arm to back the crowed up, they dont play games in philly, cops get k!lled all the time, and they werent in the best hood to be beating dudes.

im pretty sure the dude bit the cop as well, not saying what the cops did was right, but come on, cops tell you to do something and you do it. i dunno why people get so mad at cops when this s**t happens, you still live in a world where you think the cops are always wrong. like people never f**k with the police
Never said I was mad at the cop, I could really care less about it but the amount of force was uncalled for......

The guy never reached to his waist as if he had a weapon for the cop to continue on in such a manner, if the man was so out of control that they couldn't handle him they have tasers so use it

But for the cop to take those deadly blows to a persons head is extreme, if that guy turned his head who knows if that cop wouldn't have smashed this guys temple in and have k!lled him
 7 years ago '08        #18
skimma 
space
space
$197 | Props total: 1 1
i have no love for the police, i also have no sympathy for a idiot. all the fool had to do was just put his hands behind his back and all this would have never played out . he was saying he did nothing wrong. but resisting arrest is something wrong. the police were wrong for their course of action and the cop with the baton was just way over board. that was a personal beating right their. and waving his gun at the crowed we all know the police have a tuff job like them or not but a.ss holes like him make it hard on the rest of them. so i say this if the police tell you to put your hands behind your back. do it because it sure beats getting beat in the head like that.. that n*gga woke up needing a Tylenol NO. 3 with Codeine bad as hell
 7 years ago '08        #19
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,106 | Props total: 23321 23321
Owned. did he just brandish a fire arm?

moral of the story: DO WTF THE POLICE ARE TELLING YOU TO DO, put your fukkin hands behind your back and be done with it. If they want to arrest you, nothing you say or do it gonna stop them. Its only gonna cause you harm. you would think people would know this by now

cop pulled the gun out like

Last edited by Arson; 09-10-2010 at 02:01 AM..
 09-10-2010, 02:00 AM         #20
CenterField 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah philly cops be on some bulls**t. horse ridin f**gots
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago