Nicki Minaj nominated for 6 BET Hip-Hop Awards, including Lyricist of the Year

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
92 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-07-2010, 06:44 PM         #81
GOD999  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
She's going to sweep these awards. Won't be surprised when it happens
 7 years ago '05        #82
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,445 | Props total: 25128 25128
 Propel Water said:
fooool wen i said created i didnt mean founded.... wen i say created i mean the monster it is today...

the n*gga yu speak of is robert johnson
...Your Words Was "yu do realize the white man created bet right?" Not "you know the white man created BET into this hip-pop channel that it is today"

Just Correcting It.....Carry On
 7 years ago '08        #83
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 nkflier54 said:

this f**got doesn't even kno what he's talkin about now, he's babbling a bunch of bullsht
Well of course I don't...

Kid i'm done responding to you... you're a troll :wave:
 7 years ago '04        #84
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,401 | Props total: 4299 4299
 nkflier54 said:
"In 1979, he left NCTA to create Black Entertainment Television, the first cable television network aimed at African Americans. It was launched in January 1980, initially broadcasting for two hours a week.
In 1991 BET became the first black-controlled company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. As of 2007, BET reaches more than 65 million U.S. homes and expanded into other BET-related television channels that make up the BET Networks: BETJ, and digital cable channels BET Hip-Hop and BET Gospel."

Yea I'm dumb or this another one of those conspiracy "THE WHITE MAN IS KEEP US DOWN MANG!" things?
ole tin foil hat wearin, hole in sock havin, cardboard box sleepin, breath smellin like baked garbage azz n*gga
the white man keepin me down? dawg im of olive complexion...take ya lame jokes to the comedy shack....

white people run bet... i said nothing about founding... the bet yu speak of is white controlled... the black man sold that s**t for the almighty dollar, jus like most rappers do wit the rap skills...

dumb it down for more money.... its not the same bet ya man robert johnson envisioned wen he created it...
 7 years ago '05        #85
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 Jade Yorker said:
Being on everyone's songs don't make you a good lyricist... I can name 1000 rappers better lyrically then her this year.
Were they active in the mainstream arena? That is what BET is about. Therefore she gets a nomination. Was there any other females rapping in the mainstream as much as her? No. BET wants to be politically correct so they will throw the only female rapper in the mix. Plus they will get females to watch the show because of her. Her last couple features got noticed because...people said she was spitting some good s**t.

Does Boxden's opinion matter? No.
 7 years ago '04        #86
Wheezy1281 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,029 | Props total: 77 77
this broad hasn't accomplished jack s**t end of conversation....BET making up awards gtfoh
 7 years ago '04        #87
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Your Words Was "yu do realize the white man created bet right?" Not "you know the white man created BET into this hip-pop channel that it is today"

Just Correcting It.....Carry On

nah good looks bc i realized after i said it i didnt get my point across well enuff.. and yu been on this b**ch long enuff for me to know yu aint one of these young retards...
 7 years ago '06        #88
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
She will walk away with an award or, possibly, two. Even though I don't check for her like I used to before n*ggas even knew about her on the internet, it's good to see how far she's come.
 09-07-2010, 06:54 PM         #89
chameleonmarke  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, its actually 8 nominations for 7 different awards. Nicki won.

Lyricist of the Year
Drake
Lil Wayne
Nicki Minaj
Eminem
Jay-Z

Rookie of the Year
Chiddy Bang
J. Cole
Nicki Minaj
Roscoe Dash
Waka Flocka Flame

Hustler of the Year
Diddy
Drake
Jay-Z
Nicki Minaj
T.I.

Made-You-Look Award
B.o.B.
Jay-Z
Nicki Minaj
T.I.
Kanye West

People's Champ Award
B.o.B.
Nicki Minaj
Eminem
Gucci Mane
Cali Swagg
Drake
Kanye West

Track of the Year
B.o.B. - Airplanes
DJ Khaled - All I Do Is Win
Young Money - Bedrock
Rick Ross - B.M.F.
Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind

Perfect Combo Award
B.o.B & Bruno Mars - Nothin' On You
Diddy-Dirty Money, Rick Ross & Nicki Minaj
DJ Khaled, Rick Ross, T-Pain, Busta Rhymes, Diddy, Fabolous, Fat Joe, Jadakiss & Nicki Minaj Drake, Lil Wayne, Kanye West & Eminem
Jay-Z & Alicia Keys

BONUS:
Best Hip-Hop Video
B.o.B - Nothin' On You
Drake - Find Your Love
Jay-Z - Run This Town
Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind
Jay-Z - On To The Next One

^
 7 years ago '09        #90
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708
 chameleonmarke said:
Uhh..y'all all lost. BET was founded by Robert Johnson, a black man. He retired and now Debra Lee is the CEO...a black woman. Where is the white??? #TRYAGAIN
so how did I lose
 7 years ago '05        #91
TrainWreck 
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 0 0
 chameleonmarke said:
How would the state of hip-hop be going down the drain if Nicki wins? Nicki putting hip-hop back on the map. You better pay homage, ho.
If Nicki is putting "hip-hop" back on the map... just let it die.

She makes pop music and it will fizzle and fade like just like n'sync, the backstreet boys, justin bieber and all the other teeny bopper sensations that I have forgotten about.

The fact that BET has nominated her for lyracist of the year (along with all the other nominations aside for female artist of the year) is a f**king joke, and discredits all the people who have won awards before her.

She shouldnt even be in the same breath as some of the other rappers that have won awards that she is up for.

What the f**k is this world coming to?
 7 years ago '08        #92
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
 Swisher sweet said:
Were they active in the mainstream arena? That is what BET is about. Therefore she gets a nomination. Was there any other females rapping in the mainstream as much as her? No. BET wants to be politically correct so they will throw the only female rapper in the mix. Plus they will get females to watch the show because of her. Her last couple features got noticed because...people said she was spitting some good s**t.

Does Boxden's opinion matter? No.
Name me one rapper who was getting into music business and being hyped and got co signed with a negative comment? Did Drake? 50? Snoop? Em?

And music these days is pathetic and watered down... in it's worst state... There's 0 skilled that's being shown in today's music and that's why you have rappers like Wack, Gucci, Lil B, etc.. being called hot and people saying they're good...

You really think she's on the level of Jean Grae, Eve, Lauryn Hill? Female MC's who actually have skill and are talented...
 7 years ago '04        #93
space
space
 nkflier54 said:
Negro this is your EXACT quote, you said the white man created BET as in you're implying that he founded it. White-man controlled or not it's STILL a BLACK entertained tv channel meant primarily for BLACK people. And then when I asked you if you were saying it was founded by a white man you call me "ignant". You didn't even say the white man created the BET you see today you just said he created it.
Just take your L n*gga
lmaoo because of a miscommunication i gota take an L? i already said i misspoke and didnt get my point across..

i still dont even understand how yur going to say "White-man controlled or not it's STILL a BLACK entertained tv channel meant primarily for BLACK people." and try to tell me im wrong wen thats what i said...

IT IS NOT YOUR CHANNEL ANYMORE. obviously....lmao @ black mtv
 7 years ago '04        #94
space
space
i think they jus think of cool award names and then jus put the first 5 rappers they culd name into a category...

ti hustler of the year... he put out a mixtape thats it... he has not enuff work out this year to even be considered a hustler
 7 years ago '05        #95
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,194 | Props total: 11790 11790
 7 years ago '04        #96
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 102 102
nicki minaj sucks, its really kinda simple. she has attention because shes trying to be the black rapping version of lady gaga. too bad everyone in the world knows who lady gaga is, and only the 3,478 people who still watch bet know who nicki is.
 09-07-2010, 07:12 PM         #97
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how the hell did ti get hustler of the year when that n*gga was in lockdown
 7 years ago '04        #98
space
space
 nkflier54 said:
So if it's not aimed toward black people who is it aimed towards? I dare you say white people
that wuld be retarded of course its aimed towards black people....but it doesnt make sence for a white person to be in charge of a black channel... that jus makes it a white channel....

ahhh f**k it... i dnt got time to argue about s**t dat doesnt matter anymore.. go back to being retarded... im going to the bar. :deuces:
 09-07-2010, 07:13 PM         #99
BasedHead  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wait no joe budden...
NO WIZ
NO SPITTA
NO JAY ELEC
NO ROYCE 59
NO 50 TYSON
NO CROOK I

SAY IT AIN'T SO

[pic - click to view]

7 years ago '09        #100
Lupe Hunter 77 heat pts77
space
space
$15,518 | Props total: 5708 5708
Diggy should of been new artist
Vado too
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
56 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildlandís new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy