Gameday Thread: Week 1: Oakland Raiders Vs. Tennessee Titans

most viewed right now
 Video inside Diddy gets clowned on TV...
14 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Went To The 4:44 Tour Last Night
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Raiders or Titans?
Raiders 29 52.73%
Titans 26 47.27%
Voters: 55. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '06        #61
seewhy14 
space
space
$1,201 | Props total: 18 18
Why is this even a debate Titans. What ppl don't understand is as much as CJ helps VY, VY helps CJ they both are going to have good games CJ will get to the 2nd level and God help Huff smh. Our Def is healthy last year it sucked cuz we was so injured and a new D Coordinater.
 09-09-2010, 09:07 AM         #62
HR_Paperstacks 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 seewhy14 said:
Why is this even a debate Titans. What ppl don't understand is as much as CJ helps VY, VY helps CJ they both are going to have good games CJ will get to the 2nd level and God help Huff smh. Our Def is healthy last year it sucked cuz we was so injured and a new D Coordinater.
I'm not sold at linebacker or corner on this team. Outside of Finnegan you're relying on McCourty, Mouton and Verner. Our linebackers aren't much better.
 7 years ago '04        #63
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 BrBHZ said:
under...way under.

you do know he didnt play the entire season right....Johnson started 16 Games vince started 10

Vince 2160
CJ 2509

Just sayin
That's 200 measly yards a game, come on man, n what, 1 td a game, johnson I the hand that rocks the cradle, not young
 7 years ago '07        #64
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,274 | Props total: 15134 15134
 seewhy14 said:
cuz the Raiders have a much improved team?

oh, and the Titans aren't exactly the cream of the crop in the NFL either...

:slap: peon a.ss n*gga
 7 years ago '04        #65
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,236 | Props total: 3056 3056
 KeepinItTrill said:
cuz the Raiders have a much improved team?

oh, and the Titans aren't exactly the cream of the crop in the NFL either...

:slap: peon a.ss n*gga
and anything can happen on any given sunday....

If we knew for sure who would win and didnt have to debate it/talk about it. there would be no reason to play the damn games
 7 years ago '07        #66
space
space
 BrBHZ;16906312[B said:
]and anything can happen on any given sunday....[/B]

If we knew for sure who would win and didnt have to debate it/talk about it. there would be no reason to play the damn games
that's what I was basically saying
 7 years ago '04        #67
thabigo 
space
space
$8,099 | Props total: 111 111
 HR_Paperstacks said:
I'm not sold at linebacker or corner on this team. Outside of Finnegan you're relying on McCourty, Mouton and Verner. Our linebackers aren't much better.
Truth

Ive been harping on the sorry a.ss secondary for years.

LB's are gonna get tested all year which in turn is gonna put pressure on the secondary to maintain cover and the D-line to get to the QB

I like the D-line though.
 7 years ago '08        #68
premiumspirit 
space
space
$222 | Props total: 0 0
I, like some Raider fans out there, would probably rather see Gradkowski out there over Campbell. But it's not like I don't like Campbell, I just feel like Bruce earned it.

We still have a suspect run D, and our oline doesn't seem to have improved much. I'm still taking the Raiders 24-20, but it depends entirely on what team we see, last years or one that lives up to the hype.
 7 years ago '07        #69
theFREAK 3685 heat pts3685 OP
space
space
$53,745 | Props total: 38638 38638
2 more days :celebrate:
 7 years ago '05        #70
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,186 | Props total: 18468 18468
We have a very questionable secondary(titans) other than finnegan we don't have a proven DB. I think our LBs will do jus fine as long as we are healthy. We've got decent safetys in Griffin & Hope. & I kno our D line is going to look good. The main thing is staying healthy. I believe our O line mite not protect as well since we've lost Mawae & had to move some ppl around. It should be a decent game but Titans all day
 7 years ago '07        #71
space
space
 premiumspirit said:
I, like some Raider fans out there, would probably rather see Gradkowski out there over Campbell. But it's not like I don't like Campbell, I just feel like Bruce earned it.

We still have a suspect run D, and our oline doesn't seem to have improved much. I'm still taking the Raiders 24-20, but it depends entirely on what team we see, last years or one that lives up to the hype.
what?
 7 years ago '08        #72
premiumspirit 
space
space
$222 | Props total: 0 0
 KeepinItTrill said:
what?
Lol, yeah I know we drafted for a better run D and pretty much all of our moves on D have been geared to stopping the run, but even in the preseason we got ran all over. The Forte 89 yard run might have just been a couple of guys out of place, but Gore ran all over us with only two carries or whatever it was.

We really need to play flawless D against CJ and Young with literally no mistakes otherwise we will get run all over once again. Even then, CJ will still probably get his 100 yrd game. It's a matter of is it going to be 5 or 3 yards per carry.
 7 years ago '05        #73
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
This should be a good game!
Raiders I think are def gonna be improved this year.
 7 years ago '05        #74
katalist 229 heat pts229
space
space
$37,004 | Props total: 1321 1321
 theFREAK said:
Raiders getting ready for Titans

This whole thing gonna fire up the raiders players
 7 years ago '10        #75
Jostre 
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 1 1
this is our starting run d

houston-kelly-seymour-scott

i personally dont think johnson will have much success on our athletic speedy Defense.
unless its a situation where its huff vs Cj, then . its gna be a good game for sure though. it can go either way.
 7 years ago '07        #76
space
space

Last edited by theFREAK; 09-10-2010 at 07:37 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #77
space
space
NFL.COM VIDEO PREVIEW:

7 years ago '07        #78
space
space
CBSSPORTS VIDEO PREVIEW:

[video - click to view]

7 years ago '07        #79
space
space
With Bush out, McFadden will carry the rock

With the status of injured Raiders running back Michael Bush listed as questionable, backfield cohort Darren McFadden could be in line for the bulk of the ball-carrying duties in Sunday's opener at Tennessee.

Bush, who suffered a fractured left thumb in a preseason game against San Francisco, was listed as questionable.

Raiders coach Tom Cable said Bush ran with the ball and made some catches in Friday's practice and his playing status will be a game-time decision, according to the a.ssociated Press.

Also ruled out of Sunday's game was receiver Chaz Schilens, who is still recovering from an arthroscopic procedure on his knee.

McFadden said he's healthy and ready to roll after missing most of the preseason with a hamstring injury.

"It's something I've been looking forward to, and I think I'm ready for it," Mcfadden told AP. "I didn't get much preseason play, but I don't think that's going to bother me much. ... I know what I'm capable of doing, so I just want to go out there and put it out there on the field. For me, you try not to think about it, you just do it."

That he hasn't been able to do much since being selected fourth overall by the Raiders in 2008 has a lot to do with health issues of his own. McFadden struggled with a painful turf toe injury as a rookie, and last year he was limited by a knee injury.

There have been instances, when healthy, when he's flashed the speed and explosiveness that made him one of the top picks in the draft.

The Raiders are banking that's still the case.

"I think everybody is waiting to see Darren stay healthy," Cable told reporters. "If you look at his production, it's been pretty good when he has played. That's what we want to see, just that consistent ability for him to go out there and stay on the field. When he does that, then all those questions or issues or whatever they are will be handled by him.
 7 years ago '07        #80
space
space
2008 NFL Draft Round 1

Pick #4 Career Stats: Darren McFadden: Carries: 217 Yards: 856 TD: 5

Pick # 24 Career Stats: Chris Johnson: Carries: 609 Yards: 3,234 TD: 23

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
43 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
40 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
77 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago