most viewed right now
NBA What’s waiting for LiAngelo and LaMelo Ball in Lithuania
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
160 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM         #1
7069 pageviews
98 comments

ajeana 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dr. Dre Explains Why He's Not Proud Of 'Crack A Bottle' Grammy

[pic - click to view]

http://www.thisis50.com/p .. ource=activity

Superproducer DR. DRE refuses to show off the Grammy Award he won for his EMINEM collaboration CRACK A BOTTLE - because they were only forced to release the song after it leaked online.

The rap legend produced and featured on the track alongside Eminem and 50 Cent, with a view to including it on the Stan hitmaker's 2009 album Relapse.

An unfinished version of the tune made its way online in December 2008 and record label executives at Interscope decided to rush it out as a single in February 2009.

Crack A Bottle landed the hip-hop heavyweights the 2010 Grammy for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group - but Dre has no desire to put the prestigious trophy on display at his Los Angeles home because the finished track has no "heart".

He tells Vibe magazine, "It's like a stab in the stomach. First of all we weren't even going to release the song. We won a Grammy for it, but I'm not even considering putting the Grammy up. My wife has a problem with that because she wants all of my achievements to be up in the house. But the way it came, it doesn't mean the same to me.

"We didn't get a chance to do the song with our heart in it because we had to go in and rush it out. We went in one day and finished it at least so people could hear a proper version but we didn't get to put our heart and soul in it..."

Besides that, Dre also touched on speculation that he recorded a tribute to his son who tragically passed away back in 2008.

While he does admit that he has recorded material in honor of his son, he doesnt know if it will be suitable for 'Detox' as the album is set to have an upbeat feel.

''Im actually back and forth about that. Im leaning towards no because i dont know if i want to put myself or my family through that. I kind of want the record to stay fun. Right now as we speak,i'm leaning towards no. Though i do have a couple of things that i've done for him''.

98 comments for "Dr. Dre Explains Why He's Not Proud Of 'Crack A Bottle' Grammy"

09-06-2010, 03:26 PM         #2
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Supa Mario 910 said:
I really dislike Dre.
 7 years ago '05        #3
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
can't believe that song won a grammy in the first place
 09-06-2010, 03:28 PM         #4
ajeana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Crookz said:
real talk they got a grammy for one of their wackest collabos
You might wnna retrack that statement
 7 years ago '08        #5
gagethedesigner 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,744 | Props total: 366 366
actually one of the few songs on the album that i liked cuz of the beat
 7 years ago '05        #6
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,428 | Props total: 25073 25073
....Dre Acting Like A Real b**ch Now.

It Leaked,The Fans Like It,It Was A Single,and It Turn Out To Win A Grammy? What The f**k He Want? If Leak Songs Win Grammys,IT DONT NEED YOUR HEART INTO IT!!! You Already Did The Work & It Paid Off.

Dre On Some Other s**t Right Now. Hanging With Them Hollywood People Too Much...
 7 years ago '04        #7
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 6 6
:wow:

had NO idea his son OD'ed on heroin x morphine in '08...

and people REALLY b**ch and moan NON-STOP that Dre is just too lazy to put out Detox

I wouldn't want to make music for you ungrateful a**holes either...
 7 years ago '04        #8
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
Honestly, everyone b**ching and hating but you have NO f**kin clue the amount of time and energy you REALLY need to put in to make QUALITY music.. and most likely you listen to garbage and you think that s**t is hot
 7 years ago '04        #9
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
OK? If it was about that, then the n*gga shouldn't be producing for ANYBODY. It's only been ELEVEN YEARS since Chronic 2001.
so why do you care about what Dre is doin then..

why don't you go wait on that new Quik since you don't have the patience to wait on somethin that will be a classic
 7 years ago '10        #10
Two02x3 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,586 | Props total: 6702 6702
Who cares if it's been 11 years since 2001? People will still be hype about Detox and go support it....via DL,purchase, or a show. Years later, it's still more anticipated than any other album out there IMO...

Furthermore, if there is anyone I'd like to sit down and take their time with music instead of dropping soem BS, it's Dre. The guy is a perfectonist.

As for the Grammy s**t, I liked the song but I found it kind of wierd it wasn't really released as a real single or anything. This kind of explains that. I'd still have a big a.ss gold Grammy up in my house though..
 7 years ago '04        #11
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
 Supa Mario 910 said:
You liked Under Pressure didn't you?
haven't heard it yet..

i don't listen to unfinished garbage just because I can't wait
 7 years ago '04        #12
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,773 | Props total: 0 0
dre is a f**kin joke... "we weren't even going to release it"

why even make music if you're just going to lock it up in a vault for no one to hear. i swear stat quo was right when dre makes epic classic music, then he plays it out and thinks its no longer good enough to put out.

also why is this guy always gettin his s**t hacked? learn how to send your music securely u f**king idiot. at the same time i hope the s**t keeps leaking cuz thats the only way we hear anything new. i guess it doesn't even matter cuz a hot song hasn't leaked since "topless" ... under pressure and that other track... good god what the f**k happened to you dre.

haven't cared about detox since 07

Last edited by ShaneDawg; 09-06-2010 at 03:54 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #13
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,428 | Props total: 25073 25073
 PurpleHaze217 said:
haven't heard it yet..

i don't listen to unfinished garbage just because I can't wait
...Its Finish For A HP Commercial
 7 years ago '05        #14
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,179 | Props total: 11743 11743
 Bea5T said:
can't believe that song won a grammy in the first place
This.
 7 years ago '05        #15
Airbarto1 
space
space
$242 | Props total: 29 29
 ajeana said:
You might wnna retrack that statement
You might want to retract yours too.

That said, the song should have never won a Grammy. And I can see why some people feel Dre is overrated. Obviously he put out lots of classic material in the early to mid 90, but since he left death Row his track record has been spotty. He 'discovered' Eminem, and produced several of his early albums. The first Game album had terrific production. Early 50 production was great. And 2001 is a classic. But for a guy who claims to always be in the lab making music, he has a much less impressive collection of hits for the past decade 2000-2010, then someone like Kanye, who put out 4 solo CDs and still finds time to produce for other artists. I don't see many people still bumpin any of those Busta Rhymes albums he dropped while on Aftermath. And all the records he gave to Jay-Z were universally panned (thirtysomething, trouble, etc).

One of the greatest producers ever? Yes. But definitely an up and down past 10 years, both in terms of quality and quantity of music released.
 7 years ago '04        #16
PurpleHaze217 2 heat pts
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Its Finish For A HP Commercial
rushed to completion doesn't = finished

just like crack a bottle
 7 years ago '09        #17
ShadyVsEminem 244 heat pts244
space
space
$21,704 | Props total: 6199 6199
Considering its a sample and Eminem wrote all his lyrics,i wouldnt be to proud of it either

50s verse should of never made the song,the 2nd verse Em had for Dre would of been way better
 7 years ago '04        #18
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 PurpleHaze217 said:
rushed to completion doesn't = finished

just like crack a bottle
bad music is bad music... little tweaks in the mix aren't going to make the song hot. it is what it is.

dre is just selfish with his music thats all
 7 years ago '05        #19
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,778 | Props total: 4717 4717
CRAC-A-BOTTLE WON A GRAMMY??? THE BEAT WAS WACK.....THE RHYMES WERE WACK...AND THE RECORD WAS WACK

how the f**k did it win a grammy
 7 years ago '04        #20
ShaneDawg 2 heat pts
space
space
space
 ShadyVsEminem said:
Considering its a sample and Eminem wrote all his lyrics,i wouldnt be to proud of it either

50s verse should of never made the song,the 2nd verse Em had for Dre would of been way better
i was wondering that too... what exactly did dre do? one of those in-house producers finds the sample, loops it, throws some SIMPLE a.ss drums over it. he tweaks the mix and throws some plug-ins over it. em writes a verse for him and then he has a grammy. congrats dre.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
46 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
218 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
56 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
322 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
139 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy