NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #141
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 Blood Edge said:

[pic - click to view]

GOAT f!ghtpad
that seems pretty cool, but I was looking for something I could pick up at the store today what about this?

I heard its a new D-Pad and a lot of people say its pretty good for MK.

and than theres these 2 (i know its WWE and SF lol but it works for all games)

or

they might not have the brawl pads in stock but I know for sure they will have the silver xbox controller with the new d-pad.
 7 years ago '04        #142
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 Blood Edge said:
think about it like this:

would you like a geo metro today...or porche panamera in three days

better yet if you're a student you can get a free amazon prime account and the controller would arrive on wednesday
lol ok ill use the regular xbox controller for now, than order that other one off amazon if I feel like the normal controller is limiting me.
 04-19-2011, 01:36 AM         #143
J_Rey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
down right left triangle i was just messing around and did it the funiest one is stryker he drops his pistol and cries
 7 years ago '09        #144
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
Anybody been able to find out where to enter the Web Kode on themortalkombat.com ??

Also, if you wanna get some matches in my PSN is DJ_Idol
 7 years ago '04        #145
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
IGN once again proving it's a complete joke

Mortal Kombat Review
Rated "M" for "Mutilated."
April 19, 2011 April 19, 2011 April 19, 2011
0diggsdigg
by Ryan Clements
LATEST IMAGES
View all 14 images »

The first time I played Mortal Kombat, I was too young. I remember the chilled unease in my chest as I watched life-like characters get knocked into pools of acid, limbs torn asunder, and other lovely images not fit for mini-Ryan. More than a decade later, I'm sitting in front of the latest Mortal Kombat, conveniently titled "Mortal Kombat." After years of spin-offs, 3D f!ghters, and other efforts, the developers at the newly coined NetherRealm Studios are bringing the series back to its core: violent, 2D f!ghting with an outrageous aesthetic.

While many Mortal Kombats in the past were remembered for their excessive gore and not for their f!ghting engines, the latest Mortal Kombat is a legitimate competitive f!ghter... and it has enough gore to make parents run for the hills. Even though the single-player modes are rife with imbalances, the core experience in Mortal Kombat is exciting, challenging, and hella bloody.

I think we all know that the plotlines in Mortal Kombat are a little ridiculous. Ice ninjas, half-dragons, thunder gods, and busty policewomen are commonplace in this series. In Mortal Kombat, you'll be reliving the events of Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and 3, so newcomers to the series won't actually be lost here. I don't know the lore well and I felt comfortable following along with the zaniness. Here's a summary: big, bad Shao Kahn is seriously f*****g up the world. He k!lls everybody at the end of the Mortal Kombat storyline, so Raiden sends a message back through time to prevent it. The result? Alternate history!

Mortal Kombat Video Review

The story is weak compared to other recent, non-MK video game efforts. I was entertained from start to finish -- partly because of all the dismembered limbs and the fact that Baraka is a total joke -- but it was a cheesy ride.

Mortal Kombat has returned to a 2D plane, which I've always preferred for f!ghting games. Both one-on-one and tag team matches are available, so there's plenty of options when you're setting up a f!ght. When it comes to the basics, each character has a set of simple moves as well as a bunch of special attacks. I found combos and special attacks easy to execute, but stringing together attacks and keeping an opponent stunned/juggled will take some time to get.

The crux of Mortal Kombat's f!ghting engine is the super gauge, which fills as you give and receive damage. This is where a fair amount of Mortal Kombat's strategy comes into play. The gauge is divided into four segments, and those segments can be spent in different ways. Expending one segment will enhance any of your character's special moves. So instead of Nightwolf's single glowing green arrow, he fire's three.

Our gallery has Mortal Kombat screenshots. Check it.
Our gallery has Mortal Kombat screenshots. Check it.

If you fill the gauge halfway and spend two segments, you can break out of an opponent's combo. This is a critical defensive option if you find yourself flailing through the air with a rapidly depleting health bar. Lastly, spending the whole shebang will unleash a devastating x-ray attack, which deals terrible, terrible damage to your victim. It can turn the tide of a f!ght, but missing it will put you in an awful spot with no super gauge to spend.

To me, this gauge is one of the best parts of Mortal Kombat. It's a simple concept (spend more, do cooler things), but it's rich with possibilities. I found myself favoring the combo breaker and x-ray attack, but I'm sure there will be players that use enhanced specials more often.

The gameplay in Mortal Kombat will be different for those of you accustomed to the speed and fluidity of games like Super Street f!ghter IV. I appreciate those types of f!ghters as much as the next guy/gal, but the savage, deliberately paced f!ghting in Mortal Kombat feels great to me. Landing a combo and executing special moves is more visceral here then in other f!ghting games. This is, in part, thanks to the glorious sound design, because effects like Kitana's fans and Jade's staff sound incredible.

Finish Him!
Fatalities Montage f!ght Stick Review MK in 5 Minutes

So with exciting combat, bloody Fatalities, and tons of things to unlock, Mortal Kombat sounds awesome, right? It is, especially when playing with friends locally or online. Local play is the best because it doesn't suffer from any lag, whereas I detected a slight delay in online play. But not all all is well in the land of Mortal Kombat. I was bewildered by the imbalances found in the single-player modes. You're very often thrown into two-on-one matches and confronted with bosses that actually break the game's rules (like not being staggered when hit).

Whenever I voiced my frustrations to other IGN editors, the response was always the same: "Sounds like typical Mortal Kombat." Sticking to tradition isn't a good excuse, and I was so frustrated with certain sections of the story mode I almost quit playing through it. Sure, I beat it by falling back on special move spamming and plenty of sweeps, but why play a fun game in a boring way?

Furthermore, there's some odd presentation issues that I wouldn't have expected from Mortal Kombat. Chief among them is your inability to pause or skip cutscenes in the story mode. There isn't even a chapter select of any kind. It's a terrible setup.

Read more details on how Mortal Kombat was reviewed.
Closing Comments

Mortal Kombat combines the novelty of extreme violence with a great f!ghting engine. My favorite moments with Mortal Kombat were always playing against a friend (Gamespy’s Ryan Scott is a beast), but I was disgusted by how unbalanced some of the single-player challenges are.

Even still, Mortal Kombat is a great game. It’s not the most polished f!ghter out there, but it has a distinct flavor and it’ll be a hit at gamer get-togethers. I’ll leave you with some friendly advice: show your friends Noob Saibot’s default Fatality. It’s amazing.
IGN Ratings for Mortal Kombat (X360)
Rating Description
out of 10 Click here for ratings guide
6.0 Presentation
The story is entertaining but cheesy. You can’t skip or pause the cutscenes -- isn’t it 2011?
7.5 Graphics
Much of the art style is still “stuck in 1992,” as our own Arthur Gies described it. Character models themselves look respectable and the environments are awesome.
9.0 Sound
Incredible sound design when it comes to special effects. Voice acting is surprisingly good, if not a little over the top. Music is fitting but not as strong as the effects.
8.0 Gameplay
Great combat system that’s best enjoyed with a friend locally. Online multiplayer works but was sluggish by comparison. Aggravating single-player imbalances.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
Ridiculous amount of content to unlock, including costumes, Fatalities, special codes, art, and more. Mortal Kombat's longevity will depend on how the community reacts to it.
OVERALL

Great
(out of 10)
this n*gga really said graphics 7.5

a 6.0 for the story ?? It's a 2D f!ghting game dude!! not a FPS in the lines of Half Life or anything like that.

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 04-19-2011 at 02:46 AM..
 7 years ago '09        #146
DJ Idol 18 heat pts18
space
space
$4,004 | Props total: 945 945
 Cap Peeler said:
IGN once again proving it's a complete joke

this n*gga really said graphics 7.5

a 6.0 for the story ?? It's a 2D f!ghting game dude!! not a FPS in the lines of Half Life or anything like that.
I agree with most of that review, but yeah, you're right. I'd say graphics should get at least an 8/8.5, MAYBE a 9. As far as the story, I'd give it a 7.5. Real cool that they went through the first 3 stories, sh*t, when I finished the Lui Kang chapter I thought for sure it was done, I was like But then it kept going and I changed to

But yeah, the story mode is pretty unbalanced and has pissed me off a few times so far, but it's still fun to me.

Back to trying to finish the story before I pass out
 7 years ago '05        #147
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7115 7115
Spectator mode?

:hmm:

Hows that work? Gotta be invited to a party or can you just view random matches or what?
 7 years ago '04        #148
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Reppindaburghh said:
Spectator mode?

:hmm:

Hows that work? Gotta be invited to a party or can you just view random matches or what?
nah i think it's while you playing king of the hill only on the 360. When you in spectator mode your avatar can throw apples at the screen, cheer, boo, etc.
 7 years ago '10        #149
ecomog 98 heat pts98
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 395 395
 Cap Peeler said:
nah i think it's while you playing king of the hill only on the 360. When you in spectator mode your avatar can throw apples at the screen, cheer, boo, etc.
Yeah, you can rate the winner's performance too. n*ggas was mad I was whooping their a.ss so some were giving me 0.0.
 7 years ago '08        #150
el bundy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$6,524 | Props total: 120 120
1up=A-

g4tv=5/5

giantbomb=5/5 stars

machinima=9/10

gametrailers=9.4 (9.6 user score)

metacritic=86/100 based on 6 critic scores (9.8 user rating)

ign constantly shows its bias and lack of gaming knowledge. they give cod at least 8.5 every year, but completely disrespect mk.

edit:
lesser known reviewers-
psx sense=9.5/10(site is in some weird language that im pretty sure is german)

hadoken.net=9.5/10 (know alot more than ign about f!ghting games, thats for damn sure)

attack of the fanboy=loved(highest score)

Last edited by el bundy; 04-19-2011 at 06:02 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #151
StillFree28 27 heat pts27
space
space
$20,499 | Props total: 4816 4816
The comments on the IGN site under the review =

I'm probably getting this today
 7 years ago '04        #152
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
well a few more hours for me to cop this... just gotta wait til they open the mall. But ima be playing it later tho ima see if i can get my other system fixed (RROD) and flashed.

anybody know if gold memberships are still going for $3?? I know yesterday they had some sort offer like that.. if its still standing im getting one start whooping up on n*ggas online.. but i wanna play the whole thing offline first tho, get real good at it im sure im gonna suck lol
 7 years ago '04        #153
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
I can't put it down, I can't do any crazy combos but damn im having fun with story mode on med difficulty its challenging and fun.

funnest f!ghting game i played in awhile

hated being jax tho I just can't use jax for sh*t lol, glad that parts over with.
 7 years ago '10        #155
LLCoolLuis 
space
space
$489 | Props total: 6 6
Store open in 30 minutes

LLCoolLuis on PSN suckers.
I'll be kicking a.ss ALL WEEK.

I haven't been this pumped about a game in months, AAAAAAAH!
 7 years ago '10        #156
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
Should i cop this for ps3 or xbox? I reserved it for 360 i think....
But i can switch that when i get there...

Also i wanted the tourney edition but they told me they stopped excepting preorders for that monthes ago :wtf: (this was 2 weeks ago)
 7 years ago '10        #157
LLCoolLuis 
space
space
$489 | Props total: 6 6
 Infamous2o1x said:
Should i cop this for ps3 or xbox? I reserved it for 360 i think....
But i can switch that when i get there...

Also i wanted the tourney edition but they told me they stopped excepting preorders for that monthes ago :wtf: (this was 2 weeks ago)
The PS D-pad > 360 one man.
 7 years ago '10        #158
Infamous2o1x 23 heat pts23
space
space
$12,245 | Props total: 103 103
 LLCoolLuis said:
The PS D-pad > 360 one man.
I neglected my ps3 for like a year now... Hows the online? Laggy? Hows the community? Is it popping on ps3?

I also want to get it for ps3 to beat my coworkers a.ss, his tounge is a little too loose ... He thinka he got skills in f!ghting games yet i scraped him street f!ghter...

Im leaning twds ps3 i just dont want mad lag
 7 years ago '05        #159
Danger Zone 58 heat pts58
space
space
$34,163 | Props total: 18436 18436
So does 360 version have the puzzle kombat or was that jus rumors
 7 years ago '07        #160
jhj26 51 heat pts51
space
space
$15,678 | Props total: 1356 1356
game is pure
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
82 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
216 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dragon Ball FighterZ Jump Festa 2018 Trailer
39 comments
20 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
88 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
94 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy