Sony begins issuing console bans to counter PSJailbreak users

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #101
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4992 4992
hey Natas where did you get that PS3 gamercard sig?
 09-06-2010, 12:14 PM         #102
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:

7 years ago '09        #103
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
 Da Ill One said:
Yea. ps3trophies.com with a small bit of self editing.
 7 years ago '04        #104
space
space
 TriangleOffense said:

NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
Yea. ps3trophies.com with a small bit of self editing.
Thank yoU both...does it update itself? or you gotta do it manually
 7 years ago '09        #105
Acid Rap 78 heat pts78
space
space
$9,302 | Props total: 71 71
It's automatic every 24 hours or so.
 09-06-2010, 12:56 PM         #106
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
Thank yoU both...does it update itself? or you gotta do it manually
 NnAiTnAjSa317 said:
It's automatic every 24 hours or so.
and all you need to do if you want it more than that is go to the site and click a button

7 years ago '05        #107
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,095 | Props total: 10786 10786
 TriangleOffense said:
Im curious how anyone is running these games that are larger than 4 gigs off an external formatted to FAT32 that can only process 4gig or smaller files
I thought they were ripping to their internal hard drives first before actually finding a solution to the fat32 limit?
 09-06-2010, 01:21 PM         #108
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 P-Hill said:
I thought they were ripping to their internal hard drives first before actually finding a solution to the fat32 limit?
which is great but how can you transfer a game from the interwebs that you download to an external that wont support files over 4 gigs
 7 years ago '04        #109
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:
False. If it gets bad enough they can lose all exclusives.
And i dont see how selling couple thousand extra consoles balances out
well there exclusives are first party so they won't lose any of those... third parties are all multi platform so it's true not false...

couple thousand adds up homie... let's say 10,000 people go out this week to buy a second PS3 to do this... then they each tell one friend it works great..now there's 10,000 more sales for 20,000 so far...and it keeps rolling and rolling...trust me this helps Sony in the long run... it hurts gamers but it helps Sony...
 09-06-2010, 01:33 PM         #110
IceBergSlim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TriangleOffense said:
which is great but how can you transfer a game from the interwebs that you download to an external that wont support files over 4 gigs
man ya'll don't read anything

most the files on the disc are less than 4 gigs. it rips it straight from the disc not like a single large iso.
any game that has files bigger than 4 gigs will not work until a NTFS version gets release which will be very soon. for example, i know Red Dead is said to not work because of file size...that is, until the new backup manager is released.
 7 years ago '04        #111
space
space
 IceBergSlim said:
man ya'll don't read anything

most the files on the disc are less than 4 gigs. it rips it straight from the disc not like a single large iso.
any game that has files bigger than 4 gigs will not work until a NTFS version gets release which will be very soon. for example, i know Red Dead is said to not work because of file size...that is, until the new backup manager is released.
we know that the question is How does the NTFS work if the PS3 reads FAt32 and Fat32 doesn't support larger then 4gb? so how would a game be converted to NTFS and work is my question
 7 years ago '04        #112
space
space
 CaliIsActive said:
But you think that will = All the money they lose from game sale?
well I mean like I sid the money lost from game sales will hurt the Devs/Pub Sony themselves publish VERY FEW games...that part will hurt the devs and publishers of the games...the systems being sol dcan only help Sony...no way in hell it would hurt them...
 09-06-2010, 01:54 PM         #113
IceBergSlim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
well I mean like I sid the money lost from game sales will hurt the Devs/Pub Sony themselves publish VERY FEW games...that part will hurt the devs and publishers of the games...the systems being sol dcan only help Sony...no way in hell it would hurt them...
what console hasn't been hacked in its life cycle? everyting disc based since the psx has been modded to play backups and or homebrew. that was what, the mid 90s? it hasn't hurt the industry that much yet.
 7 years ago '04        #114
space
space
 IceBergSlim said:
what console hasn't been hacked in its life cycle? everyting disc based since the psx has been modded to play backups and or homebrew. that was what, the mid 90s? it hasn't hurt the industry that much yet.
Depends on your definition of hurt the industry...

Has it hurt sales? yes a little bit not a lot no but it has hurt it... but not buying games leads to less money for Dev's to innovate and make better games it affects the bottom line...once that is effected enough the quality of games start slipping, and the frequency of new IP starts dropping...so yeah i'd say it' has hurt the industry alot in that aspect...all these f**king remakes from PSx and PS2, and OG Xbox and Gamecubes...without piracy we most likely would have alot more innovation, budgets would be higher for games... hurting the industry isn't all about the money it makes or doesn't make ther's more ways to "hurt" them then by pocketbooks...that's just the easiet thing to see
 09-06-2010, 02:03 PM         #115
IceBergSlim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
EA made over $500 million in the first quarter of 2010. i don't think the industry is hurting too bad.
 7 years ago '04        #116
space
space
 IceBergSlim said:
EA made over $500 million in the first quarter of 2010. i don't think the industry is hurting too bad.
It's not all about sales... if thats' the case then everyone would agree that the top three rappers are Eminem, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer...

and Again like I explained before EA didn't make 500 million profit...

After struggling in previous quarters, EA has returned to profitability in the quarter ending June 2010. On revenues of $815 million (using GAAP accounting), EA profited $96 million for the quarter. During the previous June quarter, EA revenues were $644 million with losses pegged at $234 million.

Even with Madden coming, the September quarter is forecast to be a bit weaker - with GAAP revenues of $600 - $650 million. For the year ending March 2011, EA expects GAAP revenues to reach $3.35 to $3.60 billion with a loss of 70 cents to one dollar per share (the company estimates it has 329 million shares.

EA attributes the change in fortune to increasing digital distribution revenue, and its growing share of the HD software market which is still growing (particularly in Europe where PS3 sells alot of software). During the June 2010 quarter, EA digital revenues reached $176 million - up from $117 million in the previous June quarter. EA expects its digital revenues to increase by 30% or so, to $750 million for the fiscal year ending March 2011. With regards to its HD software performance, EA created the following set of charts.

it costs money to make and distribute and market product... just because a company "Makes 500 million' Doesn't mean they make $500 million...

just like you in real (I don't know your numbers but this is an example) you make $100,000 a year but you got a mortgage and car insurance and car note, and living expenses (food, clothes etc) you pay taxes on the money you make so you really make about $60,000 a year not $100,000 even though by your hourly pay you make 100 grand but after you pay your bills you don't have that...it's the same with any company... and look waht Ea LOST last year for the same quarter $234 million LOST.. even after making $644 million, by the time they paid everything, and all that was taken care off they were in the red...yeah I'd say the industry is getting hurt...
 09-06-2010, 02:34 PM         #117
IceBergSlim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
It's not all about sales... if thats' the case then everyone would agree that the top three rappers are Eminem, Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer...

and Again like I explained before EA didn't make 500 million profit...

it costs money to make and distribute and market product... just because a company "Makes 500 million' Doesn't mean they make $500 million...

just like you in real (I don't know your numbers but this is an example) you make $100,000 a year but you got a mortgage and car insurance and car note, and living expenses (food, clothes etc) you pay taxes on the money you make so you really make about $60,000 a year not $100,000 even though by your hourly pay you make 100 grand but after you pay your bills you don't have that...it's the same with any company... and look waht Ea LOST last year for the same quarter $234 million LOST.. even after making $644 million, by the time they paid everything, and all that was taken care off they were in the red...yeah I'd say the industry is getting hurt...
the top 3 aren't em, vanilla, and hammer?? lol

nah i'm just messing around...and i see what you are saying completely i just don't think bootlegging games is hurting the industry all that much. but does it make an impact? absolutely.
 7 years ago '04        #118
space
space
 IceBergSlim said:
the top 3 aren't em, vanilla, and hammer?? lol

nah i'm just messing around...and i see what you are saying completely i just don't think bootlegging games is hurting the industry all that much. but does it make an impact? absolutely.
Oh yeah I agree that would be impossible to accurately say how much bootlegging is hurting the industry... but yes it does hurt the industry some of the folks on here like to swear it's not but it definately is hurting the industry...is it hurting to the tune of couple 100 million dollars? I don't know but it's definately hurting for a couple million at the least...
 7 years ago '04        #119
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
f**k the game industry though. expensive priced games, s**tty support for some games and that's for games like mw2 where they take awhile to get a patch/update going, them getting rid of manuals from games now to supposedly 'go green' but yet, we don't get a discount on a game and the list goes on. when was the last time a solid game was made overall? cod4 I think for me or maybe even cod waw. most games are 50% which is either a good campaign or a good online multiplayer and sometimes it's all it takes to sell but even after all that not worth it imo. then they hold back content and lock content on discs and when you purchase it, it just unlocks KB off the disc so it's more like a license fee. the game industry is messed up right now...and don't get me started on the flood of music games and alot of games being very similar as well.
 7 years ago '04        #120
space
space
 intoxicated662 said:
f**k the game industry though. expensive priced games, s**tty support for some games and that's for games like mw2 where they take awhile to get a patch/update going, them getting rid of manuals from games now to supposedly 'go green' but yet, we don't get a discount on a game and the list goes on. when was the last time a solid game was made overall? cod4 I think for me or maybe even cod waw. most games are 50% which is either a good campaign or a good online multiplayer and sometimes it's all it takes to sell but even after all that not worth it imo. then they hold back content and lock content on discs and when you purchase it, it just unlocks KB off the disc so it's more like a license fee. the game industry is messed up right now...and don't get me started on the flood of music games and alot of games being very similar as well.
I feel you on some of that not all but some... but MW 2 is a bad example only because right after it got released IW got all f**ked up and people got fired/quit/deported/ arrested lawsuits filed back an d forth so they weren't really around to fix the game...while it doesn't make it better for us consumers when they release crappy half finished games liek MW 2, it's not all developers that don't support products with patches and stuff...I mean lots of games come out and get patched right away when issues are found...

so I am in no way supporting that trash a.ss game called MW 2 it's not really all IW's fault as i'm sure they didn't expect Activision to go midevil on their a.sses
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy