Sony begins issuing console bans to counter PSJailbreak users

most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
16 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
61 comments
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
111 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
58 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '04        #1
7163 pageviews
135 comments

Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
Sony begins issuing console bans to counter PSJailbreak users

Whilst Sony is pursuing its legal battle against Zoomba LDC in preventing the distribution of the recently released PS3 Jailbreak modchip, today brings news that the electronics giant has also begun to clamp down on the quantity of users already utilising its capabilities.

The modchip allows users to bypass the PlayStation 3's copy protection and play retail games that have been installed directly to the console's hard drive.

Reports are beginning to surface across the internet that those using the modchip are being hit by the Error Code 8002A227 - a direct console ban that prevents all access to PlayStation Network.

Whilst the same Error Code is regularly used by Sony to temporarily ban users that violate the terms of usage for the online service, for periods up to a couple of months, it is believed that those will be receiving a permanent ban.

Such news will be welcomed by the gaming industry, that still remains to be threatened by the underhand nature of piracy.

[pic - click to view]

Sony Psjailbreak Bans, PS3 News - GamerZines : Free Digital Games Magazines

135 comments for "Sony begins issuing console bans to counter PSJailbreak users"

09-05-2010, 01:48 PM         #2
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

09-05-2010, 02:30 PM         #3
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tons of games have leaked already including Mafia 2, GTAIV, R&C etc etc etc....
 7 years ago '04        #4
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,773 | Props total: 251 251
lmao but umm if its free to play online and the servers arent ran by sony themselves..........
 7 years ago '06        #5
ChevyBrah 216 heat pts216
space
space
space
$15,404 | Props total: 961 961
playstation got a banwave too ..well ill be damn
 7 years ago '04        #6
Da Ill One|M 4602 heat pts4602 OP
space
space
$45,509 | Props total: 4991 4991
 XxC4xX said:
lmao but umm if its free to play online and the servers arent ran by sony themselves..........
It ban your console from going online so free or not you cant play
 09-05-2010, 03:06 PM         #7
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Da Ill One said:
The modchip allows users to bypass the PlayStation 3's copy protection and play retail games that have been installed directly to the console's hard drive.
:omg:
 09-05-2010, 03:09 PM         #8
TriangleOffense 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxC4xX said:
doesnt matter if GOD ran the servers and they paid you to play online you still violate the terms of service by modding your system so you deserve to get banned
 7 years ago '04        #9
Birdman Jr.972 3 heat pts
space
space
$999 | Props total: 1 1
well damn... so you can play mod games on ps3??? since when??
 09-05-2010, 03:30 PM         #10
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxC4xX said:
and? you agree to terms when you make your account
 7 years ago '05        #11
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,555 | Props total: 1156 1156
sony gonna win this in the long run. folk gonna get there s**t banned and it will lead to more sales that why they trying to hit early.
 09-05-2010, 03:43 PM         #12
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carden2 said:
sony gonna win this in the long run. folk gonna get there s**t banned and it will lead to more sales that why they trying to hit early.
They should let it go for awhile that way people who don't want the ps3 because it's not hacked will go out an buy it then BAM ban all the f**kers

and they should make some special msg if your console is hacked and you get banned like a picture of kevin butler flipping you off calling you a worthless c*cksucking bum who needs a job
 7 years ago '10        #13
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,973 | Props total: 1798 1798
LOL at sony thinking they are stopping something, most people don't even play on that s**tty psn anyway,even if you did get banned all you gotta do is roll with it and if you do decide to get another you'll still have one to play burned games regardless.
 09-05-2010, 03:59 PM         #14
IronMaiden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beast mode said:
LOL at sony thinking they are stopping something, most people don't even play on that s**tty psn anyway,even if you did get banned all you gotta do is roll with it and if you do decide to get another you'll still have one to play burned games regardless.
they are stopping something, most pirated WANT to play games online not by themselves, it's bad enough they live with their parents in the basement have no social life, they gotta have some interaction with human life.
 7 years ago '04        #15
The Go 2 Guy 31 heat pts31
space
space
space
$3,715 | Props total: 10 10
 beast mode said:
I'd agree and for people who already have a 360, they can pick up a ps3 for under $200 or cheaper now probably so the ban wouldn't do much damage considering that they'll save that $ in the long run on not purchasing games. i'd do if I had an extra ps3 since most of the good games on ps3 are single player lol. Heavy rain, mgs4, uncharted 2 (even though it's mp is good), god of war 3 and the list goes on. imo it's worth it
 7 years ago '04        #16
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 Da Ill One said:
It ban your console from going online so free or not you cant play
i know what a console ban is sir. damn now that sony is starting to drop the ban hammers i guess the only mod safe systems are the wii, ds and psp
 7 years ago '04        #17
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,340 | Props total: 2762 2762
 carden2 said:
Not for me. I don't play any games online for psn. That is what my 360 is for. My droid and PS3 are deadly combination
 7 years ago '04        #18
XxC4xX 3 heat pts
space
space
 carden2 said:
If thats the case they'd wait weeks til after the jail break already shipped out. Sony knows its gonna hurt. Most of their best games are single player exclusives. So they had to hit hard and hit em early.

Look at microsoft they only drop the ban hammer when they have a big game dropping. Halo, Fable, Gears etc

Last edited by XxC4xX; 09-05-2010 at 04:45 PM..
 7 years ago '07        #19
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 CaliIsActive said:
F*ck psn sh1ts made lame anyways.
Pre-orders jailbreak
i haven't turned my ps3 on in a month and a half...psn will not be missed

and this jailbreak is new to me i might cop
 7 years ago '06        #20
krizzo741 
space
space
$689 | Props total: 16 16
Well good,buy the retail games u cheap basterds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
14 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
39 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
99 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
162 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
118 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
228 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
115 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy