Ask Slick

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
36 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22 OP
space
space
$12,953 | Props total: 5517 5517
 rd Meth said:
deangello williams ,stephen jackson ,jamaal charles ,daren mcfadden , mccoy , ricky williams

which 3 should i start this week?
Give me the matchups, bro and the answer will be much better.

Also need to know if it's ppr or not.
 7 years ago '04        #22
EsCaLaDe07 
space
space
$2,046 | Props total: 0 0
 SlickJ101 said:
Chillin, bro.

QB: Kolb is gonna be hit and miss. I think he'll have some big games but some obvious growing pains as well. Great matchup this week though. Still, you def need a backup QB.

WR: Def like your starters but goddamn you need a WR4 bc the drop-off after your 3rd is huge.

RB: Your a.ss is chillin in the breeze after Matthews. You really gotta make a move for depth and prob look to upgrade Bradshaw also.

TE: Ugly. I'll get to that more in a min. Although I do think Gresham could produce like a TE1 with Ocho and TO taking a lot of attention downfield.

So onto this week. I think you have to start Forsett, but I wouldn't be happy about it. You really need another RB/WR stud if your tryin to be a serious contender. I could see an argument for Berrian this week but if it's not PPR then f**k that.

As for OD vs Gresham. You've heard the same s**t as I have about OD. HOU has crazy depth at TE and there is no chance I'd start OD this week under any circumstance. I think you have to go Gresham unless there's a better option on the wire. Maybe Keller?

Not to be hatin, but I strongly dislike your bench. lol The only guys I'd hang onto in a standard league are Gresham, Berrian and Thomas. If it's not PPR, the rest of those guys will be pretty useless IMO.

GL bro.
Thanks for the imput man, even if you are hatin hard on my team :lachen001: criticism only makes s**t better, and i need all that i can get. i wasnt too pleased with my draft when I had it but im trying to be as optomistic as i can. I had the last pick and it seemed that everyone knew exactly who i wanted just before it came to be my turn.

But i disagree with you about my bench. I think McCluster is going to produce decent numbers this year, especially now that he is their primary slot reciever with Jerhemy Urban going to IR. It sounds like the Chiefs are going to utilize him in a bunch of different positions and he could be a big play threat every time he steps on the field. As for the rest of my bench, I hate Portis but i kinda had to take him considering he was the only starting RB left at the time. Who knows, he could put up tolerable numbers as long as he stays away from injury (although highly unlikely since he has the knees of an 80 year old). And having Leon Washington basically guarentees that I have the starting RB in Seattle since the job isnt guarenteed to forsett for the entire year. He did a lot of good things for the Jets the last couple seasons before he got hurt, and i can see him as a Sproles type producer this year, maybe more if forsett struggles at all.

As for my a.ss chillin in the breeze after Matthews, I think Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be a top 15 fantasy back this year. He has clearly surpassed Jacobs as the #1, and he has put up surprisingly good numbers as the #2/#3. He did average 4.8 yards per carry last year with 7 TDs.

And as for the hate for OD, lets not forget that he was on pace for over 1000 yards and 10 TDs before he got hurt last year. If that knee is 100% like he is saying it is, I dont see why he cant perform like a top 10 tight end. But if he doesnt, i think Gresham is going to get a lot of good looks in Cincy.

Thats just my OPTOMISTIC opinion though. I hope I am right and you are wrong, but I guess we will have to see when the season starts...
 7 years ago '08        #23
space
space
 EsCaLaDe07 said:
Thanks for the imput man, even if you are hatin hard on my team :lachen001: criticism only makes s**t better, and i need all that i can get. i wasnt too pleased with my draft when I had it but im trying to be as optomistic as i can. I had the last pick and it seemed that everyone knew exactly who i wanted just before it came to be my turn.

But i disagree with you about my bench. I think McCluster is going to produce decent numbers this year, especially now that he is their primary slot reciever with Jerhemy Urban going to IR. It sounds like the Chiefs are going to utilize him in a bunch of different positions and he could be a big play threat every time he steps on the field. As for the rest of my bench, I hate Portis but i kinda had to take him considering he was the only starting RB left at the time. Who knows, he could put up tolerable numbers as long as he stays away from injury (although highly unlikely since he has the knees of an 80 year old). And having Leon Washington basically guarentees that I have the starting RB in Seattle since the job isnt guarenteed to forsett for the entire year. He did a lot of good things for the Jets the last couple seasons before he got hurt, and i can see him as a Sproles type producer this year, maybe more if forsett struggles at all.

As for my a.ss chillin in the breeze after Matthews, I think Ahmad Bradshaw is going to be a top 15 fantasy back this year. He has clearly surpassed Jacobs as the #1, and he has put up surprisingly good numbers as the #2/#3. He did average 4.8 yards per carry last year with 7 TDs.

And as for the hate for OD, lets not forget that he was on pace for over 1000 yards and 10 TDs before he got hurt last year. If that knee is 100% like he is saying it is, I dont see why he cant perform like a top 10 tight end. But if he doesnt, i think Gresham is going to get a lot of good looks in Cincy.

Thats just my OPTOMISTIC opinion though. I hope I am right and you are wrong, but I guess we will have to see when the season starts...
Hardest spot to draft from, imo. Like I said, not hatin just giving my honest opinion.

I just see those guys like this:

Portis: Old and beat to s**t. Really no upside and never someone you feel good about starting.

McCluster: Interesting bc he's a hybrid player, but that'd be a lot better for you in a PPR league. I'd be a lot higher on him if Jamal Charles wasn't the better version of him. KC still has an under-whelming passing game with Bowe and Chambers.

Forsett: Awful OL and old beatup QB. He's a good player but it's really hard to have a solid RB on a s**tty offense. Again, he'd be better for you if it was PPR. Leon Washington is a similar player.

Bradshaw: I like him, but he's a walking injury. Def has talent, but again no PPR def knocks his value way down for you. Can't see him getting much GL work over Jacobs either. He's ok, but you need another RB either way.

Daniels: Not hatin on his talent at all. Dude is a beast when healthy but here's the problems: He's had at least 3 major knee injuries (both knees) in his career, HOU has crazy depth at TE, and he wants way more $ then he can get and that'll work against him when HOU decides to not give him a major role if they don't intend on bringing him back.
 7 years ago '04        #24
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
better week 1 play: jabar gaffney or bernard berrian?
 7 years ago '04        #25
EsCaLaDe07 
space
space
yea i didnt mean to say that you were hatin, just that your honest opinion was that my team sucks. which is ok and probably true. but thanks for the imput man, it is much appreciated,
 7 years ago '08        #26
space
space
 LightsOut said:
better week 1 play: jabar gaffney or bernard berrian?
Gaffney. Not by much and not something I would be enthused about though.

I'd say Berrian but his preseason has been so f**king horrible that I can't recommend him right now. Def worth watch if he steps up while Sidney Rice is out though.
 7 years ago '08        #27
space
space
 EsCaLaDe07 said:
yea i didnt mean to say that you were hatin, just that your honest opinion was that my team sucks. which is ok and probably true. but thanks for the imput man, it is much appreciated,
No prob. Your team def isn't beyond help.

Just need to keep a constant eye on the WW and take chances on picking up guys with high upsides early in the season.

Your WRs alone should be able to win you some games.
 7 years ago '08        #28
space
space
For you Forsett owners in here: Now SEA is going to use Forsett on punt returns. lol f**king Seattle.

Forsett could still make some noise this year, but putting a RB on PR/KR is usually a sign that you:

Are really really desperate for someone to do it.

OR

You don't give a s**t about the player and don't see them as valuable to the team.\

Usually the latter, unfortunately.
 7 years ago '04        #29
EsCaLaDe07 
space
space
Updating previous items, Justin Forsett will be Seattle's primary punt returner to open the year.
Leon Washington will be the kick returner and No. 2 back. The Seahawks probably won't be forcing many punts this season, so Forsett should be well rested each time he takes his spot as the first-team tailback. Washington, though, will be heavily utilized on returns. They'll get similar offensive workloads, so Leon may prove more valuable in return-yardage leagues
If he was returning kicks, i would be concerned. But i dont think they really have anyone else to do the job, and they dont want to overuse Leon with both punt and kick return duty, as well as being the #2 back. If anything, I would think that returning punts would only boost his value, since he has the opportunity to run one back and put up an extra 6 fantasy points.
 7 years ago '08        #30
space
space
 EsCaLaDe07 said:
If he was returning kicks, i would be concerned. But i dont think they really have anyone else to do the job, and they dont want to overuse Leon with both punt and kick return duty, as well as being the #2 back. If anything, I would think that returning punts would only boost his value, since he has the opportunity to run one back and put up an extra 6 fantasy points.
But how often does that happen?

Maybe twice a year at most?

If you're in a league that counts return yards then by all means it helps, but otherwise not so much.
 09-08-2010, 09:10 PM         #31
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah starting a RB who is even on special teams is not a good look...
 7 years ago '05        #32
slanger55 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,611 | Props total: 862 862
would you guys drop winslow for Gresham ?
 7 years ago '08        #33
space
space
 slanger55 said:
would you guys drop winslow for Gresham ?
No. Winslow should be a 1st/2nd option in that offense as long as he's healthy.
 7 years ago '05        #34
slanger55 2 heat pts
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
No. Winslow should be a 1st/2nd option in that offense as long as he's healthy.
aight
 7 years ago '08        #35
space
space
 slanger55 said:
aight
Although I will say Winslow is one of the most injury-prone TEs out there so I'd def keep a decent backup on your roster.
 7 years ago '05        #36
slanger55 2 heat pts
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
Although I will say Winslow is one of the most injury-prone TEs out there so I'd def keep a decent backup on your roster.
well they sayin hes rehabbing well from his knee injury , he is a beast when 100% tho and i see him torching his former team. i won my league 2 years ago with derek anderson braylon edwards and him so i always got a soft spot for them.
 09-08-2010, 11:06 PM         #37
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn didn't see this. i'll just post in this thread now

this is my team

QB - Matt Schaub
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Desean Jackson
RB - Ronnie Brown
RB - Jahvid Best
TE - Visanthe Shiancoe
K - Jay Feely
DEF/ST- Miami

Bench
QB - Matt Ryan
WR - T.O.
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Mike Williams
WR/RB - Dexter McCluster
RB - Jonathan Stewart

Im sitting Stewart against the Giants cause he still has that heel injury and I don't know how much he'll play against em.

I was gonna start T.O. over Jackson till I read earlier in this thread that the eagles are gonna go up against a seemingly rookie secondary for GB

now im undecided again
 7 years ago '08        #38
space
space
 slanger55 said:
well they sayin hes rehabbing well from his knee injury , he is a beast when 100% tho and i see him torching his former team. i won my league 2 years ago with derek anderson braylon edwards and him so i always got a soft spot for them.
O ya, he's solid when healthy. But, he's on like his 19th knee surgery so it's a good idea to have insurance just in case.
 7 years ago '08        #39
space
space
 JNyiri77 said:
damn didn't see this. i'll just post in this thread now

this is my team

QB - Matt Schaub
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Desean Jackson
RB - Ronnie Brown
RB - Jahvid Best
TE - Visanthe Shiancoe
K - Jay Feely
DEF/ST- Miami

Bench
QB - Matt Ryan
WR - T.O.
WR - Dez Bryant
WR - Mike Williams
WR/RB - Dexter McCluster
RB - Jonathan Stewart

Im sitting Stewart against the Giants cause he still has that heel injury and I don't know how much he'll play against em.

I was gonna start T.O. over Jackson till I read earlier in this thread that the eagles are gonna go up against a seemingly rookie secondary for GB

now im undecided again
Def start Desean. I'm not high on him this year but the GB matchup is ridiculous. As you said, they're starting a very inexperienced secondary and it should be a high-scoring game.

I think Stewart will get his normal role. For all the injuries and s**t he's been through, he's still never missed a game.

That being said, Ronnie Brown has too good a matchup against BUF to sit. That and the weather is supposed to be s**tty so I'm a.ssuming MIA will run it a ton.

So DJax and Ronnie Brown.

I'd also think about looking for another TE if Sidney Rice comes back. Actually, I'd try to upgrade asap there.
 09-08-2010, 11:35 PM         #40
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
Def start Desean. I'm not high on him this year but the GB matchup is ridiculous. As you said, they're starting a very inexperienced secondary and it should be a high-scoring game.

I think Stewart will get his normal role. For all the injuries and s**t he's been through, he's still never missed a game.

That being said, Ronnie Brown has too good a matchup against BUF to sit. That and the weather is supposed to be s**tty so I'm a.ssuming MIA will run it a ton.

So DJax and Ronnie Brown.

I'd also think about looking for another TE if Sidney Rice comes back. Actually, I'd try to upgrade asap there.
yeah i had no clue thats what was up with their secondary.

funny thing is Rice is a FA in my lg. Nobody wanted to draft him cause hes out for so long. Plus i wanna see how these rookies i got at WR perform before i cut em.

yeah i cut fasano to add mike williams from TB. cooley and shockey are still out there and havent been touched so i didnt wanna make a grab for em now and give notice to the rest of the lg
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
163 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy