Hip-hop lingo you just don't understand

most viewed right now
 45
Image(s) inside May 19 - Here's #1 Factor Experts Say Accounts for High Number of Mass..
43 comments
@news
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside 6ix9ine smashing and impregnating every girl in America
72 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
 26
Image(s) inside This nigguh Don Q is a midget..No cap!!
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside amber gets gets answer she aint ready for
106 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #521
tantrum 
space
space
space
$1,975 | Props total: 13 13
'air lights' what is that?
 11-02-2013, 05:16 PM         #522
Jose Menez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #523
qutaboi225 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$4,433 | Props total: 8034 8034
 killababi said:
That dont make sense. Ham is hard as a mothaf**ka
Nah cat...good try. It was only until recently they made an Acronym for the pronunciation "HAM". We been saying that in the south. n*ggas just shorten everything. Good example is when Boosie was saying ratchet, he was really saying Wretched. But since the slang pronunciation of it is "RA"tchet then they ran with it. We talk very f*cked up down here...so when something is said its often turned into something else.
 5 years ago '11        #524
Sinamatik CFR 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,628 | Props total: 11339 11339
a trey pound is a 357, Lmaooo!!!

7:30 is the time they serve crazy n*ggas their crazy pills in jail!!!!
 5 years ago '11        #525
Sinamatik CFR 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$11,628 | Props total: 11339 11339
 gxh said:
I NEED TO KNOW WTF A "LIZM" IS JADA IS ALWAYS SAYIN THAT sh*t "stick up kids come around, when they sense that you rich
candles of lizm get lit, when you get hit with the fifth" glooks lol
lizm is another spin on the term "izm" or weed... perhaps the "l" at the beginning may imply that it its already lit!


[video - click to view]


glad to have lived firsthand through this era!!!
 5 years ago '06        #526
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$13,879 | Props total: 3232 3232
 qutaboi225 said:
Nah cat...good try. It was only until recently they made an Acronym for the pronunciation "HAM". We been saying that in the south. n*ggas just shorten everything. Good example is when Boosie was saying ratchet, he was really saying Wretched. But since the slang pronunciation of it is "RA"tchet then they ran with it. We talk very f*cked up down here...so when something is said its often turned into something else.
No... boosie meant ratchet...
Ratchet might have derived from wretched but he meant ratchet... you dont do the wretched, you do that ratchet
 4 years ago '04        #527
qutaboi225 44 heat pts44
space
avatar space
space
$4,433 | Props total: 8034 8034
 datVAkid said:
No... boosie meant ratchet...
Ratchet might have derived from wretched but he meant ratchet... you dont do the wretched, you do that ratchet
Of course he did. Because you from the same hood as Boosie like me. You often talk to him over the phone from Camp J like i do. And Mrs.Connie ,his mama, knows you and often talks to you like me too. Whelp since you personally KNOW Torrence spent several years around him and his family you should know better than me right? What was i thinking?
 11-20-2013, 01:11 AM         #528
damion911 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Swisher sweet said:
hello good morning tell meWHAT THE LICK READS? - Rozay

They ask me WHAT THE LICK READS? One Triple Zero - Jeezy

I ain't no dope dealer, somebody tell me wtf that mean plz

Everybody I ask don't know either lol
The scale reads 1000 grams. 1000 grams is a kilo,brick
 4 years ago '12        #529
aj41510 
space
space
space
$38 | Props total: 0 0
Tre pound is more like a 9mm. A .357 is a heavy caliber gun. Just listen to Big L -Ebonics, it will help you nerds who never go outside out with slang...
 4 years ago '08        #530
Gmengfx 77 heat pts77 OP
space
avatar space
space
$12,778 | Props total: 1610 1610
everyone comes in like

YOU DUMBASSS


A TRE POUND IS A (.....)

then the next dude is like..no its not..its a (.....)


so far in this thread i think i have seen 14 different explanations for what a tre pound is..yet people still talk sh*t on me saying it..


i think i rest my case
 4 years ago '08        #531
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,346 | Props total: 98 98
some major simpletons in this thread but its an interesting one
 01-04-2014, 02:46 AM         #532
Skeletons 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't pretend to know what any of these rappers are saying, they might as well be speaking in tongues.
 4 years ago '07        #533
C4daTimeBomb 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,488 | Props total: 344 344
 aj41510 said:
Tre pound is more like a 9mm. A .357 is a heavy caliber gun. Just listen to Big L -Ebonics, it will help you nerds who never go outside out with slang...
A tre pound is a 357. Tre meaning three, pound meaning 5. How the fu*k you think this relates to a 9mm is beyond me.
 4 years ago '06        #534
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$13,879 | Props total: 3232 3232
 Gmengfx said:
everyone comes in like

YOU DUMBASSS


A TRE POUND IS A (.....)

then the next dude is like..no its not..its a (.....)


so far in this thread i think i have seen 14 different explanations for what a tre pound is..yet people still talk sh*t on me saying it..


i think i rest my case
.357 6 shooter
 4 years ago '06        #535
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$13,879 | Props total: 3232 3232
 qutaboi225 said:
Of course he did. Because you from the same hood as Boosie like me. You often talk to him over the phone from Camp J like i do. And Mrs.Connie ,his mama, knows you and often talks to you like me too. Whelp since you personally KNOW Torrence spent several years around him and his family you should know better than me right? What was i thinking?
No, but i know "ratchet," the word it self was popular locally before boosie made do the "Ratchet" and he did originate the term but just the one to popularize it.
 4 years ago '06        #536
datVAkid 37 heat pts37
space
avatar space
space
$13,879 | Props total: 3232 3232
 damion911 said:
The scale reads 1000 grams. 1000 grams is a kilo,brick
im pretty sure a lick is a come up...
When you robbing a n*gga, you about to catch a lick.
When you sell a pack, you about to catch a lick
 4 years ago '07        #537
NuffGanja 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$35,709 | Props total: 14913 14913
 Swisher sweet said:
hello good morning tell meWHAT THE LICK READS? - Rozay

They ask me WHAT THE LICK READS? One Triple Zero - Jeezy

I ain't no dope dealer, somebody tell me wtf that mean plz

Everybody I ask don't know either lol
"What the lick read" is down south slang for "what's it lookin' like" "whats the plan" or "whats good"

It originates from when someone would "catch a lick" or in other words a "come up" as explained in the post before mine. You would ask the person whos doing/did the lick, "what the lick read?" meaning, "how much/what did you get?" or "how much was/is that lick is worth?"

Eventually it just became a slang phrase for "what's going on?"


Last edited by NuffGanja; 01-19-2014 at 08:48 PM..
 02-14-2014, 03:33 PM         #538
thirsty91 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo can sumbody explain some prison lingo to me.
Kite, Tier, General Population and Opp.
I found definitions on the internet but I want my bx homies to define a couple for me. Preciate It!
 4 years ago '04        #539
slipnslide85 91 heat pts91
space
avatar space
space
$8,196 | Props total: 7550 7550
"fe-fe"??
 4 years ago '11        #540
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$8,300 | Props total: 6435 6435
tre lb is a .357 caliber dammit
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside Kaylin Garcia
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Now That's A Real A$$!...
42 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Snoop kills that Pac is an actor nonsense ya be talking
205 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
NBA Steph Curry has OFFICIALLY lost all hope, his HAIRLINE,& thinks he is in a..
66 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
NBA The narrative that Lebron's team is trash has begun. Again. (I've lost cou..
105 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside I guess Lil Tay ainít flexing on all her haters anymore
323 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Who are your preferred reviewers?
31 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 3
It's Dark & Hell is Hot Turns 20
45 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy