Do all footlocker employee's get paid the same?

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
145 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
86 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
48 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
97 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '07        #21
INFAMOUS 13 heat pts13
space
space
space
$35,778 | Props total: 2740 2740
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
 tommymm96 said:
There are no commissions.
 tommymm96 said:
I don't know when they stopped commission. They still have it to an extent.
 7 years ago '04        #22
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,512 | Props total: 6 6
^ It's not really commission in a traditional sense.
 7 years ago '04        #23
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
 Sty13S said:
as you said bro foot locker is in a great position because when they buy X amount of jordans for a certain price, nike will toss in X amount of s**tty shoes for practically nothing and when we make 50-80$ off a pair of those shoes straight profit, think of how much foot locker is making!

foot locker is very smart when it comes to a business move. so on the contrary, it is a very stable company to work with and yes they are closing down stores left and right, but if u look at it, they are also opening new stores in more profitable areas and not only that but opening house of hoops all over as well.
i expect a shift in shoe retailer soon as well with the economy turning around, and i already see it happening everyday at the store, but the shift is turning in OUR direction as a retailer. we are going from people afraid to spend money on shoes, to people not caring again and spending the money just because they want what is new and hot for themselves and their family.

i'll stick with foot locker inc. you can go wherever u would like, but as long as the money and the stability is there, so am i!
WHAT? Opening stores in "more profitable areas"? Based off what? You saying it? They announced that they're closing 140 stores in the next year. That is not stable. Nor is them operating on credit while their competitors own all their merchandise.

Not only that, they're new CEO chose not to renew contracts they had with large shopping malls denying other sneaker retailers in the mall and/or resigning them to certain areas of the mall. That means when those contracts expire, other retailers will move into those malls.
 7 years ago '04        #24
MosDefinition 19 heat pts19
space
space
$25,074 | Props total: 4421 4421
 tommymm96 said:
What do you mean not the other way around?! What do you think 90% of ALL sneaker stores inventory is? Sneaker departments are listed as

-Nike Basketball
-Other basketball
-Nike casual
-Other casual
-Nike running
-Other running

Etc..

The shoes are going to sell regardless of where they are/what store they're in. Them not doing business together is disadvantageous to both sides.

The point I was making is that they are closing store and will be for a while.
footlocker did it as basketball running causual etc not nike and other

i dont work for the company anymore but in the past footlocker has proven they dont need nike

footlocker is the largest sneaker retailer in north america. the fact is nikes sell but you cant base your business on them because while the majority of consumers are buying nikes in some markets. it all depends on the area

i used to go on vacation and just go into footlockers in other malls while i was on vacation and compare. shoes that we couldnt give away they were constantly selling and shoes that we sold out of in a few weeks they had sitting on shelves.

styles arent the same around. im not putting a 150 dollar new balance running sneaker in an urban store. a nb 991 sold better than air force ones when i was working at a high end mall. and when i was working in a urban area store we never even got those shoes in

it just depends on the market
 09-07-2010, 12:40 AM         #25
Lex Lossis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol how many n*ggas try jacking kicks
 7 years ago '04        #26
tommymm96 2 heat pts
space
space
 MosDefinition said:

i dont work for the company anymore but in the past footlocker has proven they dont need nike

footlocker is the largest sneaker retailer in north america. the fact is nikes sell but you cant base your business on them because while the majority of consumers are buying nikes in some markets. it all depends on the area

i used to go on vacation and just go into footlockers in other malls while i was on vacation and compare. shoes that we couldnt give away they were constantly selling and shoes that we sold out of in a few weeks they had sitting on shelves.

styles arent the same around. im not putting a 150 dollar new balance running sneaker in an urban store. a nb 991 sold better than air force ones when i was working at a high end mall. and when i was working in a urban area store we never even got those shoes in

They never proved they don't need Nike. They sustained for a few months but nothing more. And of course they're going to have stores that offer different shoes in different areas but it's still going to be made up of like 80% Nike vs competitor. What about all the urban stores? They have HUNDREDS, if not thousands, of urban stores. I wouldn't be surprised if they sell less than 15 pair of non-Nike's in a given week.

The fact of the matter is that Foot Locker does need Nike. Actually right now, they need more than Nike because they are closing 140 more stores on top of what they closed last year. Like I said, they are operating on credit and have outstanding debts to their vendors.

My original point is that they are currently unstable and I've provided several reasons why.
 7 years ago '06        #27
eLLz 1 heat pts
space
space
$18,562 | Props total: 1 1
Having a friend that works at FL > working there yourself solely for the discounts
 7 years ago '04        #28
Mercury 
space
space
$2,585 | Props total: 1423 1423
**this is just my opinion/experience, nowhere near fact** Foot Locker needs Nike but at from my 4 years of experience working there, Nike wasn't really where their bread was made from (at least not in my area).

People would go get Jordans, air maxes, stuff like that from stores with urban accounts like DTLR, Shoe City, Foot Action, etc.

People would come to footlocker on some family ish and get stuff like 2/$89 new balances, Fila's, Reebok classics, etc. And buy them in abundance (in MY particular store...it was fairly common to see a mother with 3-4 kids and she made ALL them buy solely kicks for the 2/$89 sale which excluded ALL nike's). Then you would get the older people that would buy up all the K-swiss and reebok classics.

And at the time I was working there, that's when they dropped the S. Carter's/G-Unit shoes and we sold those heavily too (as opposed to the stores with better Nike products, that sold NONE of those)

In our store it was kinda hard to sell jordan product because we would get the generic stuff but none of the limited/quickstrike releases. And then DTLR would put their shoes on sale quicker than Footlocker would. FL would ship their unsold jordans back to the warehouse before they slash a price, whereas DTLR would go down as low as 39.99 or even 29.99 (i copped some jordan 14's for that price a few years ago) as long as they sold. So even though we had Nike product, most of the Nike heads went to the smaller chains to get the exclusive colors/better price.

We had one of the top revenue generating Footlockers in VA...and during that time it seemed like it was all due to New Balance 534's for 2/$89 LOL

Last edited by Mercury; 09-07-2010 at 09:58 AM..
 09-07-2010, 11:01 AM         #29
Icemouth  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MosDefinition said:

Nice vacations brotron
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
82 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
239 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
28 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
300 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
135 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
That 8mile soundtrack had some classic jams for real
36 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
92 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
113 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy