Does Beyonce have the greatest voice of our Generation.

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
194 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 7 years ago '06        #101
MissLoveOne 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,129 | Props total: 42 42
I like Beyonce, but NO, she's not the greatest voice of this generation. She's the "superstar" of our generation. But greatest voice can go to a number of females in the game, who far surpass her in the art itself. Not celebrity. Now, Beyonce can sing and is talented, but I don't see or hear "great" with her. She's a product of great molding, and not necessarily flat-footed talent.

Last edited by MissLoveOne; 09-02-2010 at 08:44 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #102
Swisher sweet 87 heat pts87
space
space
$15,792 | Props total: 2 2
 Barbie l Minaj said:
Christina strains now. She cant hold her notes like she use to.Beyonce can clap them thighs do cartwheels do the robot and the Dougie while on stage & hold her notes perfectly.

Christina can sing but she's not like she use to. That's all im saying
 7 years ago '04        #103
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
IMHO Christina and Mariah are better vocalists than Beyonce.
 7 years ago '04        #104
SiqkWidaPen|M 3 heat pts
space
space
$10,303 | Props total: 618 618

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

<<comparin bey and christiina

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Last edited by SiqkWidaPen; 09-03-2010 at 12:04 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #105
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,973 | Props total: 1798 1798
 HotepSuns said:
Hell no. But she can sing
 09-03-2010, 12:18 AM         #106
blueroses  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was thinking of Marsha from floerty too! and Beyonce can sing but truth is she's a better performer than she is a singer.
 7 years ago '07        #107
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194

[video - click to view]

Damn that's sad cuz they s**t on Be. Anymore women yall wanna throw into the ring?

Last edited by Playa; 09-03-2010 at 12:22 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #108
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$18,672 | Props total: 3263 3263
loved this performance from Leona...surprised i was the only one that mentioned her tho cuz she can really sing

[video - click to view]

and that was at 21
 09-03-2010, 02:28 AM         #109
Zeeshine  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shakira is on par
 7 years ago '10        #110
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,168 | Props total: 8206 8206
 HotepSuns said:
You sound ridiculous. So Michael was a better singer than Marvin? Sam Cooke? Donny? Get the f**k outta here. You're a pop head. Your scope on music is limited to what's popular or it's your basis for what's better. Which is idiotic. But typical on this board
I can personally guarantee you if you ask anybody who grew up from the 60's to the 80's, who was the Greatest Voice of their generation, they are saying Michael Jackson, its always a better singer somewhere out there, but when you saying greatest voice of their generation that person has to be a popular pic, its not gonna be the person 2% of the population has heard sing live.

Pop head???? n*gga I should smack you with my ipod, my musical taste go past yours by a mile I'm sure. I got Donny Hathaway songs that your uncles prolly never heard, Sam Cooke gospel records that your Grandma prolly never heard. Marsha Ambrosius mixtapes... Just because you go download an artist cd after they do a track with one of the rappers in your avy, don't make you cultured son.

diamond diva said:
maybe its me but as a rnb singer i dont see her as the voice of our generation as a performer yea shes the best performer of our generation i see beyonce as this generations tina turna. i guess thats just me and im not hating or knockin her talent cuz she is a beast but i think where im goin and where yall goin with this are 2 different things
To me you can't be the greatest voice of a generation if no one knows about you. All these neo-soul singers you bringing up are great singers but none of them are at beyonce's level or even considered to be "popular" enough to represent a generation. n*ggas saying Jaguar and Leona Lewis, the f**k?? Jaguar aint even the voice of philly's generation, and Leona Lewis been forgot about since Simon found Susan Boyle

DonYBE said:
u lost all cred when u said that right there. miss jones was an average singer. miss jones is a bitter b*tch who couldn't cut it in the industry. faith on the other hand, she DOES has skills, but what has she done thats been relevant in the past few years? she is trying to hang on to a mediocre career at best. mary has re-invented herself several times (which is necessary for u remain relevant in the industry) and out-lasted them both. if u think that she ain't a great singer, someone outta hold u underwater until u stop struggling
How I lose cred saying what the radio host said??? I was saying its crazy we talking about it cause miss joness was talking about mary this morning, and like you were proved wrong over and over again, mary is really not that great of a singer. She is the perfect example of what I would consider the voice of a generation. I dont know a black woman between the age of 21-45 that doesn't love Mary J, but she is the voice of that generation, not the greatest voice cause that goes to Mariah.

I love mary she makes good music, but she's not really that great of a singer.

Ghost Writer said:
This video right here should end the argument and close the thread.
Honestly when it comes to females with the greatest voices (my generation wise) its pretty easy to me, there prolly were some better singers somewhere and had a great song but.....

Whitney/Patti Labelle(80's)->Mariah(90's)->Beyonce(00's)

As far as just the "voice" of a generation the females that stand out most

Whitney->(80's)-Mary J(90's)-> stilll.....Beyonce (00's)
 7 years ago '06        #111
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
Hell no she don't. Beyonce is overrated if you ask me.
 09-03-2010, 05:56 AM         #112
YoungGQ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dasill said:
alliyah all i have to say
negative.

while a lot of Beyonce's music ain't really my taste...and just as far as vocals go...there are nicer people, but when you think about what greatness entails.....she has to be there...nobody else has had a comparable run since she came in.....Erykah's put out more quality music, tho...i'd go w/ Erykah...D'Angelo had a shot...prolly would be, actually..but we all know where dude's at...so..yeah...but nobody else has been in that light that Beyonce's in during this era and performed the way she has...she don't have necessarily the best vocals, she just has the 'it' factor that nobody else got and when you talk music that dominated this era....she's gonna be one of the first names out of most mouths

Last edited by YoungGQ; 09-03-2010 at 06:04 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #113
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 1403 1403
naw..shes too crazy
 09-03-2010, 06:35 AM         #114
Anthony1106  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hell NO...she got talent and can sing, but is by far not the greatest voice
 09-03-2010, 06:59 AM         #115
antdog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people hatin strong on beyonce. there's other artist out there that might make better music but can't nobody f**k with her vocals. peep her at the 03 superbowl
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
205 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy