Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-02-2010, 05:59 PM         #161
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No one can prove or disprove the existence of God. That is why people who believe, believe on Faith and not evidence. I personally believe God exists and am a Christian. I also accept a lot of scientific theories as well. How is it that far fetched to believe a being like God created the universe? So the idea of the universe creating itself out of nothing is not as far fetched? To me, both scenarios require a level of belief or faith. There is so much that is still unknown about the universe. Stephen Hawking just gave his opinion. Just like people who believe in God have theirs.
 7 years ago '05        #162
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,467 | Props total: 7115 7115
 kobn said:
Jesus died for yor sins. Who elese has been beaten to death and came back to life?...
at you believing Jesus came back from the dead.

You are an idiot.
 7 years ago '06        #163
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
$5,371 | Props total: 135 135
 polorsport2345 said:
no wonder God crippled this n*gga up
 09-02-2010, 06:06 PM         #164
illmag 777  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
In the words of Peter Griffin:

Peter Griffin: And when you die, you go to a wonderful place called heaven

Peter Griffin: hahaha Nah, I'm just jackin' ya, you'll all just rot in the ground.

religion is a crutch
 09-02-2010, 06:09 PM         #165
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JerseyLegend said:
iight let me address some issues here before I forget since I did not multiquote

1. Einstein DID NOT believe in the personal god most, if not, all of you believe in.

2. Metal is right around the chicken/egg analogy. Gravitons, the theoretical particle that would set gravity in stone, is a particle. Therefore it is matter.

3. The guy who said evolution is false is a f**king idiot and I'm am willing to bet my life he has no idea what evolution is.

4. The dude who said belief is not faith is also an idiot.

5. I don't understand why people cant grasp the concept of nothing after we die.

6. God existence, as of right now, CAN NOT be proven. The difference between a theist and a non-thiest is simply the fact that the theist MUST believe due to conditioning/brainwashing/denial/faulty reasoning, etc. The non-theist can deduce rationally that the existence of these 'personal' gods is fictitious and even contradictory/paradoxical. Most importantly, it is at best. HIGHLY unlikely that a god (a creator w/ no religion, so to speak) exist.

7. There is an insanely significant difference between faith and theory. Faith is a result of blinding believing whatever it is you want to believe. Theory is backed by scientific rigor, observation and experimentation i.e universal laws. Theory, in the scientific community, is to have a better understanding of our observable reality/world.

8. HHS, I'm sure you enjoy reading. If you can, def pick up The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. He gets DEEP in the various string theories and m-theory. lol tough read though.

9. take your prayers and shove it. Do something more productive than talking to nothing in hopes something will happen.

gonna read a few pages just in case I forgot something
Gravitons are not matter. Not all particles are matter just so you know. Photons are particles and are not matter because they have no mass. Gravitons, if they exist, have no mass as well therefore they are not matter.
 7 years ago '06        #166
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
Food for thought for the God bashers...

“Faith isn't believing without proof – it's trusting without reservation.”

For those with faith, no explanation is necessary. For those without, no explanation is possible.

The problem with the wise is they are so filled with doubts while the dull are so certain.

Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.

Sometimes God doesn't tell us His plan because we wouldn't believe it anyway
 09-02-2010, 06:13 PM         #167
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ra1n said:
No one can prove or disprove there is an invisible leprechaun hiding under your bed either.

If you were born in classical Greece or India... would you be a Christian?
Again it is a matter of Faith. Why try to argue a point that cannot be won or lost? You do not believe, cool. That is your choice. I believe and that is my choice. Why try to convince people otherwise if they choose to believe in some form of God?
 7 years ago '09        #168
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
 niceguy954 said:
Food for thought for the God bashers...

“Faith isn't believing without proof – it's trusting without reservation.”

For those with faith, no explanation is necessary. For those without, no explanation is possible.

The problem with the wise is they are so filled with doubts while the dull are so certain.

Doubt isn't the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.

Sometimes God doesn't tell us His plan because we wouldn't believe it anyway

[pic - click to view]

I like your post tho lol
 09-02-2010, 06:15 PM         #169
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ra1n said:
Answer the f**king question. Would you be a Christian if you were born in classical Greece or India?
Does not matter. The question is irrelevant. I would believe in God regardless. The details do not matter.
 7 years ago '06        #170
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 youngvito18 said:
but it was homo sapiens that first told you that a god did exist
The existence of Jesus is accepted as having been real in the scientific/scholastic communities. :greetings10:
 7 years ago '06        #171
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
 Lil Jay said:

[pic - click to view]

I like your post tho lol
pope doesn't want to get wet if its rain??
i know..
 7 years ago '06        #172
niceguy954 31 heat pts31
space
space
 ra1n said:
Answer the f**king question. Would you be a Christian if you were born to a family in classical Greece or India?
how you gonna ask that..thats like saying would you be a Christian if you were born as a cave man or something
 09-02-2010, 06:23 PM         #173
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ra1n said:
You're wrong. You wouldn't believe in God. You would believe in GODS. (plural)
You do realize that Judaism dates back as far as 2000 B.C. right? I just saw that you stated specifically born to a Greek family and not just in that era. Does not matter. If I was born to a Middle Eastern family I might believe in Islam. Or maybe I would be a Christian anyway. Or maybe a Jew. Again, the belief in God is a matter of Faith. You do not have it. What is the point of making fun of those who do?
 7 years ago '05        #174
space
space
 niceguy954 said:
how you gonna ask that..thats like saying would you be a Christian if you were born as a cave man or something
He's just implying that the only reason you are Christian is because of the environment you were born into. The s**t was forced down your throat as a young child, you were brainwashed. Hate to break it to you.

If you were born in a Muslim territory you would hate anyone with the beliefs you currently have because a different book of bulls**t would have been forced down your throat and you'd have completely different beliefs about a completely different God.
 09-02-2010, 06:27 PM         #175
xeduran  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Reppindaburghh said:
He's just implying that the only reason you are Christian is because of the environment you were born into. The s**t was forced down your throat as a young child, you were brainwashed. Hate to break it to you.

If you were born in a Muslim territory you would hate anyone with the beliefs you currently have because a different book of bulls**t would have been forced down your throat and you'd have completely different beliefs about a completely different God.
Some of us choose to believe what we want to believe. I was baptized Catholic, but no longer follow the religion. It is naive to a.ssume that all people believe in a certain religion because of their upbringing. If that was the case, no one would ever convert. Some of you on here are preaching more than the preachers do, except for the idea of there being no God.

Why try to force people not to believe? If you do not believe fine.
 7 years ago '04        #176
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
$9,152 | Props total: 1 1
 Reppindaburghh said:

stop generalizing, you sound real stupid. everyone that believes in a certain religion means that it was forced down their throat?

anyways, anyone that argues over religion is retarded. people can believe whatever the f**k they want.. the next n*gga can tell me he thinks that a purple alien came to the earth a 30 million years ago and smashed a buncha dinosaurs and that's how humans became and I wouldn't give a f**k

as long as someone's not trying to push their beliefs onto me, I couldn't care less.

people can believe whatever they wanna believe and no one can FULLY 100% prove or disprove one belief
 7 years ago '04        #177
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
and n*ggas are too quick to put religion and God/Higher being together... like they HAVE to be connected

you don't have to be a religious nut to believe in a higher being
 7 years ago '05        #178
space
space
Religious people in here asking what the point of arguing about it is are hypocritical as f**k.

You realize what the thread title says right?

Why not avoid the thread and let all of us agnostics/atheists discuss what Hawking had to say if you don't want to argue it?
 7 years ago '04        #179
Prodigy 36 heat pts36
space
space
well if you're gonna "argue" something, make valid points instead of sounding like you have the IQ of a 4 year old. if you knew something, you wouldn't be saying that all people that believe in God only do so because the idea of him was shoved down their throats

I'm far from religious by the way
 7 years ago '08        #180
fit2bboss 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,604 | Props total: 1320 1320
Not reading all that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy