Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 09-05-2010, 02:58 AM         #461
KrayLay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NoFaceKillah said:
My point was valid, i guess you just dont know the definition of idolizing, but yet ur the intellect in this board, putting all religious believers down because ur so intellectual arent you. But yet you have admitted in preferring idolizing a team of men over anything spiritual. That way of thinking lacks any type of logical thinking, making you that more of an idiot.

my argumentative point>yours
lol at your straw-man argument.
 7 years ago '10        #462
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,973 | Props total: 1798 1798
 circleinsidebox said:
BEASTED? i'm not quite aware of that term (it's not available in my pocket cambridge)

i asked for you to supply these "contradictions" in the bible you keep speaking of....

and i am certainly not improvising, i am stating the obvious....now please

post the contradictions if you are capable...
are you f**king kidding me??? you're really actin like you don't know about contradictions in the bible???

how about the 2 different stories of the great flood???
here take your pick

Last edited by beast mode; 09-05-2010 at 03:59 AM..
 7 years ago '10        #463
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
So then why not teach religious beliefs of the universe and it's creation? Both are theories and equally valid, or invalid.

Point is, neither religion, nor these sciences have any answers, this thread is 21 pages, and instead of finding the real answers, you've got religious supports making their claims, science making theirs, and s**t still not found. Neither side seems very educated with their claims, yet somehow one feels more right than the other despite not having any answer.

I doubt you realize how f**ked is our medicine and psychology communities actually are.

Again, we have all these diagnosis, ADD, ADHD, depression, etc(the psychology side). Newly "discovered"/made-up ways of describing behavior that people display that don't fit social norms. So instead of accepting that some people act in certain ways, you give them drugs(medicine) to mask and hope these symptoms go away, if they don't try another drug(they try other drugs not because of different chemistry, but because these concepts are made up, a new drug is tried until the "abnormal" "symptoms" are gone, but that doesn't mean this made up concept is cured, nor that it even exist).

Nobody complained of depression before the concept was created, no one had ADD, ADHD before someone made up the concept(the psychology community), these were viewed as abnormal behaviors, and given drugs to stop them, why? Because people aren't socially socialized to behave in certain ways, concepts are made up, largely to help, but there is profit in diagnosing certain behaviors and making medicine. Instead of realizing some people are born and act in certain ways, drugs are given, and when they don't work, another is given; instead of actually realizing there is no such thing as ADD, depression, etc, these concepts fufill and sustain the longevity of these profit driven "science" communities.

But this is far off-topic, point is neither religion or science has any room to call each other stupid or invalid, they both hold the same amount of ignorance/intelligence (however which you feel comfortable addressing them by), they both are faith driven.

You go back far enough, ask any question to any science, and they wont have the answers everytime.

actually science HAS given answers to a lot of things. science and theory are 2 different thing. lmao @ there' being no such thing as add,depression, etc yes there is and people have always had them there just wasn't a term for it yet. those people back in the day were thrown in crazy houses,locked up or mistreated because there was no diagnosis at that time. yeah i forgot in the history of medicine.....medicine has yet to help a single person right??? and faith healing cures all right???

who said science has answers everytime???? no s**t captain obvious. difference is science is the search for truth and having answers some of the time where religion is not in the search of truth (the devil planted it ahead of time) is the excuse anything they are proven wrong and have no answers....just opinions of there take on a old contradictory filled book filled with nothing but folk tales
 7 years ago '10        #464
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 canal_boys said:
okay mr. know it all..explain your stance..if there is no higher power, higher intelligence, how did it all came to be?
who said there was no higher intelligence....that is FACT that there IS higher intelligence...proof....im of higher intelligence then you. higher intelligence is different then "god" waving his hand around and magically creating s**t but for some reason can't stop death,can't k!ll,can't show himself,can't even give his "believers" any better debate material then "bible says so"
 09-05-2010, 04:40 AM         #465
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow this s**t still going on

beast mode said:
proof....im of higher intelligence then you.
 7 years ago '09        #466
Tekknowledgy1 
space
space
space
$54 | Props total: 2 2
Originally Posted by Tekknowledgy1 View Post

Everyone is talking about religion here. Religion has nothing to do with God. "God" is within us, around us, is us, is everything. Why do we act like God is a person with human traits and emotions? Why do we put these limits on "God's". My belief is people think to small. Hawkings says physics not God created the universe. Why cant God be physics, use physics, be everything and nothing specific at all.

beast mode said:
sounds like you wanna slap the god title on everything when it's really unnecessary
Unnecessary how?... What Im saying is God IS everything, in everything, and everywhere yet the same people who say they believe in "God" limit his range and try to apply human traits to him. And also what people, the bible, and history (aka religion) says about "God" has nothing to do with "God". The same people who give "God" all this glory are arrogant enough to think they can understand "Him" by reading a thrice over translated book written by the same humans that same book condemns for constantly sinning and lying. Get with it and look inside your self all of our answers are there.

Last edited by Tekknowledgy1; 09-05-2010 at 09:05 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #467
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 beast mode said:
actually science HAS given answers to a lot of things. science and theory are 2 different thing. lmao @ there' being no such thing as add,depression, etc yes there is and people have always had them there just wasn't a term for it yet. those people back in the day were thrown in crazy houses,locked up or mistreated because there was no diagnosis at that time. yeah i forgot in the history of medicine.....medicine has yet to help a single person right??? and faith healing cures all right???

who said science has answers everytime???? no s**t captain obvious. difference is science is the search for truth and having answers some of the time where religion is not in the search of truth (the devil planted it ahead of time) is the excuse anything they are proven wrong and have no answers....just opinions of there take on a old contradictory filled book filled with nothing but folk tales
I doubt you get it. Medicine is used to MASK these made up concepts(add, depression, etc), because they are abnormal behavior determined by our society standards. These behaviors are NORMAL human behavior, but because they don't fit the standards of people who can a.ssimilate to societal standards, we give them medicine to "fix them." We're making up concepts to socialize people into certain types of roles and characters, not to help them get rid of something that is actually there.

Science is hardly for the search of truth, if concepts about the internalized mind are MADE-UP by us, then how is there any truth or validity to these concepts besides the fact some doctor is telling you there is something wrong?

Again, our medicine and psychology fields are faith based, faith based in concepts about the human being and body, that don't exist. If you're liver is failing, then it's failing. That is fact. If you have depression(A MADE UP CONCEPT), then any diagnosis is faith based in the belief in the concept actually existing, this is why someone medicine work, some don't, it's simply a made up concept, being cured with made up/theory solutions.

HHS said:
Anything proposed by science is held up to the rigors of the scientific method, and ultimately must be testable and falsifiable before it is accepted. That is not true of religion, which is why it is unacceptable in a science classroom. Yes, science involves a certain amount of theory work, but despite the way some people may like conflate the terms, a theory is not just a blind guess, it is an explanation for gathered facts, and much theory will ultimately be proven wrong, but that fact in itself shows how it is not simply left up to faith.

So no, they are not equally valid.
Still don't get it. The science to begin with is wrong, so instead of saying that, when a theory doesn't go right, you move to a different way of solving the problem within the same methods, that don't help at all. What facts? How do you solve the issue of "depression," when the concept and diagnosis is made up? Again, it's faith based in these concepts, and a false science to fix things that are wrong within a person to begin with.
 09-05-2010, 10:19 AM         #468
Hale  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 carl0489 said:
Can we get past this stupid God discussion, please? Did anybody else read the article? All this bulls**t about God isn't even the main idea of Dr. Hawkings argument. What about all the stuff about aliens and extra-solar colonization?

I'd usually have respect for Stephen Hawking but his claims about earth being colonized by extraterrestrials seems incredibly naive for someone like him.
Your inability to imagine the possibly of aliens colonizing this planet and us being the remnants of that colonization many years ago isn't so far fetched, and its your lack of an open mind that's limiting your scope of the theory. The Ancient Alien theory has been around for ages, the book chariots of the gods is a best seller based around the theory, (doesn't say its right or wrong but it asks the question). There is mounting support for the ideal that aliens colonized this planet and tipped the scale of mans evolution forward hundreds of years.

The initial theory is based around the thought that mankind was enslaved by visitors from the "stars" while colonizing, and mining the planet for its natural resources. Why they never hung around or stayed, and ended up leaving is yet to be explained but its a.ssumed they either died out, or as many cultures explain in their writings they left. As well as a lot of the evidence (again shown in the chariots of the gods book, and documentaries like "Ancient Aliens") tending to make sense, while this doesn't mean its RIGHT, it does allow you to consider an alternative to "God" and "Nothing", however it also means a multitude of new questions and beliefs.

I'll admit that it is possible, if not likely that there is life elsewhere in our galaxy, even intelligent life. But to a.ssume that they would even be capable of traveling to another planet, let alone being able to survive on another planet is doubtful.
So if you can imagine that aliens might exist, and you can imagine the possibility of other life, what makes it a stretch of the imagination to believe they could be more advanced then anything we've ever encountered? Humans have long considered themselves the smartest and most intelligent beings in the "universe" simply because we can, and nothing can debunk that at this point. However we also have had a lot of theories refuted over the course of human history IE, the world being flat, the sun rotating around the earth. we've always considered ourselves the center of the universe. Just what if there really is beings smarter then ourselves out there?, my money is on the human race developing an inferiority complex (and with good reason). Open for consideration.

(Off on a tangent here) I actually read a new theory surrounding the 2012 date as well, one that really didn't have a lot to do with the disaster "theory" but that the Mayan calendar doesn't continue after 2012 simply because it doesn't need to, "whoever" (if this was the case) educated the Mayans is believed to be returning close to this date and hence the Mayans made the calendar in anticipation (countdown) of their return. (Am looking forward to 2012, even tho I'm increasingly thinking Y2K all over again, imagine if the world does go balls up).

:) Food 4 Thought.
 09-05-2010, 10:25 AM         #469
Hale  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Perfectibilist said:
B - Bulls**t
I - Implanted
B - By
L - Leaders
E - Everywhere
The bible is an interpretation of events paned through history used by the catholic church and Christians world wide, however if you read the bible with a different thought process and different mindset, (base your readings in relation to science) the bible takes on a difference context entirely.

Watch the series Ancient Aliens (i know i just mentioned it in a post previous) they look at the bible and its teachings from a science fiction point of view and its really interesting.

The bible really is open for interpretation, and doesn't support nor refute the possibility of "God" (yes ive read the whole thing).
 09-05-2010, 10:58 AM         #470
Hale  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
I doubt you get it. Medicine is used to MASK these made up concepts(add, depression, etc), because they are abnormal behavior determined by our society standards. These behaviors are NORMAL human behavior, but because they don't fit the standards of people who can a.ssimilate to societal standards, we give them medicine to "fix them." We're making up concepts to socialize people into certain types of roles and characters, not to help them get rid of something that is actually there.

Science is hardly for the search of truth, if concepts about the internalized mind are MADE-UP by us, then how is there any truth or validity to these concepts besides the fact some doctor is telling you there is something wrong?

Again, our medicine and psychology fields are faith based, faith based in concepts about the human being and body, that don't exist. If you're liver is failing, then it's failing. That is fact. If you have depression(A MADE UP CONCEPT), then any diagnosis is faith based in the belief in the concept actually existing, this is why someone medicine work, some don't, it's simply a made up concept, being cured with made up/theory solutions.

Still don't get it. The science to begin with is wrong, so instead of saying that, when a theory doesn't go right, you move to a different way of solving the problem within the same methods, that don't help at all. What facts? How do you solve the issue of "depression," when the concept and diagnosis is made up? Again, it's faith based in these concepts, and a false science to fix things that are wrong within a person to begin with.
Even tho this is off on a tangent i like the post material so ima add my 2 cents.

I believe Depression is a state of mind created by us, and Ive been a longtime believer ADD and ADHD and similar diagnosis, are simply scapegoat terms, used to hide from the underlying problems with the social behavior the person is exhibiting. People would rather label and dilute a problem then actually resolve, explore or prevent it.

This is half of whats wrong with the world right now.
 7 years ago '05        #471
space
space
 Hale said:
Even tho this is off on a tangent i like the post material so ima add my 2 cents.

I believe Depression is a state of mind created by us, and Ive been a longtime believer ADD and ADHD and similar diagnosis, are simply scapegoat terms, used to hide from the underlying problems with the social behavior the person is exhibiting. People would rather label and dilute a problem then actually resolve, explore or prevent it.

I'm a sosc/psyc double major, two completely different medicines.

Soc being a macro science that examines our how our society functions, and tries to fix problems in that way.

Psychology is the psedo-medicine, because we believe in these internal concepts as real, and then try to fix them through medicine. It's actually unavoidable(the psychology), and we do believe in these things through the ways we've been socialized into viewing certain behaviors as wrong, but they are simply man-made concepts to define "abnormal" behavior that doesn't allow a person to be socialized into society correctly. There is no real science to something made up from the start.

The problem with regarding the psychology as a fake science and false diagnosis, is that people believe in these concepts, because they've been socialized into viewing them as real problems within a person, rather simply realizing people are born and exhibit different types of behavior, the medicine and psychology act as socializing institutions because you can't simply have people running around k!lling,harming others, etc. They label and treat people with a fake medicine that mask these behaviors, but these behaviors aren't actual conditions or fixable things within a person, because they don't exist as a real condition(ie: if you're heart is failing, you can go to the heart and operate and fix them) you can't fix a made up concept in the same way, which is why the medicine is faith based in these concepts, and simply the same as religion(to make this whole post actual relevant).

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 09-05-2010 at 11:33 AM..
 09-05-2010, 11:33 AM         #472
smokeweed101.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Psychology isn't just medicine, im not reading these 20 pages but it has a lot more to do than just medicine and abnormal behavior, all behavior is psychology, all development and thought processing is psychology.
 09-05-2010, 12:38 PM         #473
1angrypinoy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hale said:

There is a statistic stating that 98% of individuals who have been "diagnosed" with ADD/ADHD have been misdiagnosed.

Funny how the majority of teenagers supposedly with ADD/ADHD can play video games for hours on end.

Last edited by 1angrypinoy; 09-05-2010 at 12:41 PM..
 7 years ago '06        #474
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
 Perfectibilist said:
^^^ Because you've been conditioned. So well conditioned that you're afraid to look at or even think about any other possibilities.
then plausibly you could be conditioned to think otherwise rather than the obvious? by the same token?
 7 years ago '06        #475
introspekt757 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,749 | Props total: 62 62
^being a christian in the religious sense (not the commercialized/american verse) isnt either.. I would disagree with your POV. check your inbox.
 7 years ago '04        #476
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 Cantankerous said:
I'm talking about natural science, not social science.
 09-06-2010, 06:38 PM         #477
1angrypinoy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cantankerous said:
...A MADE UP CONCEPT...
You mean like that of "god" or "a creator of all things". Do you know for a fact that there's is a single "creator" and not "creators"?

And no one has answered the question of who wrote the Bible or any "holy book".
 7 years ago '05        #478
space
space
 1angrypinoy said:
You mean like that of "god" or "a creator of all things". Do you know for a fact that there's is a single "creator" and not "creators"?

And no one has answered the question of who wrote the Bible or any "holy book".
it doesn't matter to me, i'm not trying to disprove religion or science, simply saying they're both equal in terms of validity/invalidity

HHS said:
I'm talking about natural science, not social science.
I know, and thats the science I'm doubting.
 7 years ago '05        #479
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 Boyce Codd said:
wow this s**t still going on

it won't go away

like Dios
 7 years ago '07        #480
killahkazi 15 heat pts15
space
space
$4,795 | Props total: 39 39
Yo Stephen Hawking look like one of them evil geniuses all up looking crazy in that wheelchair and s**t.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
55 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Hugh Jackman Clarifies Disney-Fox Merger & Wolverine Joining the Avenge..
23 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
201 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nov NPD: PS4 wins, COD wins, Xbox Makes Money.
18 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
229 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy