Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe

most viewed right now
 173
 50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 116
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 64
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 58
 Video inside Boxden NY will be upset! Cardi B bought offset a wraith. Let the hate b..
10 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #421
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,972 | Props total: 1796 1796
 Tekknowledgy1 said:
Everyone is talking about religion here. Religion has nothing to do with God. "God" is within us, around us, is us, is everything. Why do we act like God is a person with human traits and emotions? Why do we put these limits on "God's". My belief is people think to small. Hawkings says physics not God created the universe. Why cant God be physics, use physics, be everything and nothing specific at all.
sounds like you wanna slap the god title on everything when it's really unnecessary
 7 years ago '06        #422
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
avatar space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 beast mode said:
so again why would god build us this way??? for his own sick amusement???
You're an idiot. You clearly do not understand the story of Adam and Eve alone. You have a child's mentality/outlook towards the Bible and its concepts.
 7 years ago '05        #423
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 beast mode said:
no im angry with simple minded thinking when people know better
how can you know so well?

you act as if you have indisputable evidence

that Dios does not exist....

but i used to feel like you do somewhat....i was agnostic

but after certain events occurred in my life and other various

factors, i chose not be in denial anymore, i hope you find peace

in this world which is filled with many simple minded thinkers....
 7 years ago '04        #424
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,220 | Props total: 2219 2219
this thread is one of the least intelligent...from both sides of the argument....

for one, the atheists are arguing a.ssuming that God is the Judeo-Christian idea of God...this is not necessary...also they allow matter to come into existence from nothing, yet deny that it is just as likely that there is a being beyond our comprehension that created this universe...think matrix...it is possible that we are just a simulation of some sort....look at how atoms react on the subatomic level...completely beyond all laws of physics...

and the religious are arguing without understanding he's talking about the whole universe...I know the odds of life happening on it's own is the equivalent of a tornado building a house, but with the amount of stars, and the amount of planets around those stars it may not be that big of a stretch to a.ssume that we may be that one in a trillion trillion trillion or what ever the odds are....the universe is huge...literally beyond our comprehension....

i wish both sides could accept the fact that we are all humans and should focus on advancing ourselves while allowing for others to believe in what they choose as long as they aren't hurting anyone else...
 7 years ago '05        #425
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 bibbyboi said:
this thread is one of the least intelligent...from both sides of the argument....

for one, the atheists are arguing a.ssuming that God is the Judeo-Christian idea of God...this is not necessary...also they allow matter to come into existence from nothing, yet deny that it is just as likely that there is a being beyond our comprehension that created this universe...think matrix...it is possible that we are just a simulation of some sort....look at how atoms react on the subatomic level...completely beyond all laws of physics...

and the religious are arguing without understanding he's talking about the whole universe...I know the odds of life happening on it's own is the equivalent of a tornado building a house, but with the amount of stars, and the amount of planets around those stars it may not be that big of a stretch to a.ssume that we may be that one in a trillion trillion trillion or what ever the odds are....the universe is huge...literally beyond our comprehension....

i wish both sides could accept the fact that we are all humans and should focus on advancing ourselves while allowing for others to believe in what they choose as long as they aren't hurting anyone else...
did you read the article? this thread title has misled since the very beginning

stephen hawking never said "DIOS does not EXIST"....

he simply said that it was necessary to inject God in terms of the universe coming together from chaos

which means basically, of course he believes and supports the laws of thermodynamics (entropy) in which the universe's chaotic nature came together in the perfect order in which we enables to thrive in, but the source of this chaos? well, it's been mentioned many of times in this thread
 7 years ago '04        #426
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,220 | Props total: 2219 2219
 circleinsidebox said:
did you read the article? this thread title has misled since the very beginning

stephen hawking never said "DIOS does not EXIST"....

he simply said that it was necessary to inject God in terms of the universe coming together from chaos

which means basically, of course he believes and supports the laws of thermodynamics (entropy) in which the universe's chaotic nature came together in the perfect order in which we enables to thrive in, but the source of this chaos? well, it's been mentioned many of times in this thread
'Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist. 'It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going.'
He said that god is not necessary for the universe to have been formed.....So basically he said that there is no need for God...and if he's right and there is spontaneous creation then there is no god....Unless you consider a being that has no interaction with this universe what so ever a god......

but that's besides the point...i'm mostly talking about the people in this thread arguing points that have been dismissed ages ago...from both sides...
 7 years ago '08        #427
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
these debates will never end but people should realise by now that the big bang and the bible can both be right
 7 years ago '08        #428
sasuke-sama313 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,731 | Props total: 64 64
 Ni2 said:
respect for authority. i love it. they gotta explain why we die. and instill respect for authority in us. oh well, as long as we dont ask questions we can live in bliss.

just a little odd to me how they want us to blindly follow, respect authority, and not ask questions. just imagine IF religion was a bunch of bulls**t, itd be a great tool to control people.
to late the catholics already done it homie
 7 years ago '04        #429
bibbyboi 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$11,220 | Props total: 2219 2219
 sasuke-sama313 said:
these debates will never end but people should realise by now that the big bang and the bible can both be right
God and the Big Bang can both be right, not the bible and the big bang....
 7 years ago '06        #430
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,305 | Props total: 445 445
 Icemouth said:
Who says they didn't create Walrus' in their image and we're just another animal? What makes you so special?
because we are special on this planet. we're the only species that can create technologies and venture into space, etc.. i don't think any other species on this planet will evolve to our level ever. its like everything on this planet was designed..i believe we were put here to evolve and eventually explore space outside our galaxy. to what purpose? i don't know. i believe in 200 years, we will be regularly mining planets within our solar system, and we will find minerals that will escalate our development in space exploration. im talking, travel at close to speed of light, or reusable energy that is powerful enough to power a huge space ship for thousands of years.


Last edited by canal_boys; 09-04-2010 at 02:06 AM..
 7 years ago '06        #431
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,305 | Props total: 445 445
 beast mode said:
(your bird answer)


(dirt answer...dirt also comes in more colors than brown)
it's because of a high content of plant fibers and the breakdown products of plant chemicals (especially tannins, as far as color goes) that constitute much of the organic fraction of the dirt. Less plant material, and you have soil whose color reflects more of its mineral composition, as above. (Compare lunar soil, which has no organic content.) Soils with lots of organic materials tend to converge in hue because whether the plant material is the result of chemical decomposition, microbial breakdown, burning, or defecation by herbivores and scavengers, it's still basically a limited set of chemicals (especially cellulose) with a pretty predictable process of decomposition. In a practical sense, the only real organic material in soil is plant material, since only plants turn CO2 into solid organic compounds--basically all that the rest of the food web functionally serves to accomplish is redistribution and some transformation of those same compounds--and that, too, follows predictable chemical pathways

tigers don't eat insects because they're carnivors,jaw and teeth made for eating meat.
look at the complexity of how a bird gets its color. how can be not believe that there is a higher or higher beings after reading the article that you posted.
 7 years ago '05        #432
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 bibbyboi said:
He said that god is not necessary for the universe to have been formed.....So basically he said that there is no need for God...and if he's right and there is spontaneous creation then there is no god....Unless you consider a being that has no interaction with this universe what so ever a god......

but that's besides the point...i'm mostly talking about the people in this thread arguing points that have been dismissed ages ago...from both sides...
and now for a direct quote from stephen hawking's BOOK called "A Brief History Of Time"

"These laws may have originally been decreed by God, but it appears that he has since left the universe to evolve according to them and does not now intervene in it" (p. 122).
 09-04-2010, 02:32 AM         #433
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People mix faith and science too much, from reading just the first few pages of the thread, there's clearly ignorance on both sides while some people are able to understand that scientific fact, that needs proof and evidence, can never be mentioned in the same argument as faith, which is just belief. I was brought up Catholic, but I've abandoned those beliefs for the most part, but I don't attack people who believe in the Bible, that's their business, so long as they never approach me and try to use the Bible as an argument as to why God exists or how he exists, we're cool, but the kind of people who look at a religious person and just say "prove it", or even a religious person who looks and an athiest and says "prove God doesn't exist" you guys are really an embarrassment to anyone who believes in either science or religion. No wonder people think some atheists and some religious people are condescending a**holes, its because there are always people who like to try and find logic and reason in something that isn't rooted in that. I had a philosophy professor last year who was athiest, but the very first thing he told us in the lecture's is that he may bring up controversial topics that may offend religious beliefs, but he had no intention of changing anyone's belief as they are entitled to it. Consider that whenever you try and use science to prove God, it's like using God to prove science, and both of those are wrong. Embrace the fact that they are two separate things rather than trying to prove to one another that one thing is true and the other is false because the first thing is true.


As far as this Hawking thing goes, I've tried to read up on string theory, and it confuses the hell out of me, and I don't want to even attempt to read up on M-theory because it's base is string theory, but just because Hawking may say that there was never a need for God if the universe created itself, it doesn't sound like he's saying a God doesn't exist so much as he's saying the concept of God as the all-creator is not really necessary. No one should be getting butthurt over things like this, it's not meant to offend, it's meant to open possibilities for explanations. I think for the most part scientists realize that whatever proof is discovered, it will do very little to people who have alot of faith and most of you should realize that as well.


Last edited by ><>Young'n<><; 09-04-2010 at 02:36 AM..
 7 years ago '05        #434
pele20 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$924 | Props total: 243 243
 Metalzoa said:
Sometimes these scientists play smart-dumb n*gga.

Gravity exists because of subatomic activity between two bodies of matter. How can gravity be responsible for the creation of the universe when it is a result of the content of the universe interacting with each other? It's the classic chicken-egg qyestion.

Which came first: gravity or matter?
He's talking about the creation of our universe... not outer space...
We know that there were other large bodies of mass prior to our universe... These Bodies of mass moving and colliding created our universe and the planets withing. I mean, you see where you logic error is?:anyone:
 09-04-2010, 04:25 AM         #435
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 pele20 said:
He's talking about the creation of our universe... not outer space...
We know that there were other large bodies of mass prior to our universe... These Bodies of mass moving and colliding created our universe and the planets withing. I mean, you see where you logic error is?:anyone:
Hmm ... nobody told me there was mass before the universe existed.

Source?
 7 years ago '10        #436
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,972 | Props total: 1796 1796
 canal_boys said:
look at the complexity of how a bird gets its color. how can be not believe that there is a higher or higher beings after reading the article that you posted.
that's how idiotic people are...something is to much for their under developed brain to comprehend they say "man this is complex....god had to have made it" what the bible says god is and the possibility of there being greater beings are 2 wayyy different things, just because something is complex doesn't mean you should wrap some make believe folk tale (god) around it.
 7 years ago '10        #437
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
avatar space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
How can y'all believe in a guy who walks on water lol
 7 years ago '06        #438
marlon 
space
space
space
$291 | Props total: 11 11
believe me if u curse the god, my n*ggas wil blast 4 me!!!!!!
 7 years ago '05        #439
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 beast mode said:
that's how idiotic people are...something is to much for their under developed brain to comprehend they say "man this is complex....god had to have made it" what the bible says god is and the possibility of there being greater beings are 2 wayyy different things, just because something is complex doesn't mean you should wrap some make believe folk tale (god) around it.
why do you argue with these people?

i'd like to have an intelligent discussion with you

you love s**tting on sheep, i'd love for you to s**t on me (if possibe) :)
 7 years ago '06        #440
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,305 | Props total: 445 445
 beast mode said:
that's how idiotic people are...something is to much for their under developed brain to comprehend they say "man this is complex....god had to have made it" what the bible says god is and the possibility of there being greater beings are 2 wayyy different things, just because something is complex doesn't mean you should wrap some make believe folk tale (god) around it.
soo what? all these complex stuff created itself out of a big bang? the eco system, evolution of animals, the climate, diseases and cure for disease within nature, etc..all created itself as if it has intelligence..all you have to do is look at life in general and its proof that a higher power exist. have an open mind instead of calling people idiots when they disagree with you.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
195 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
79 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Video inside Who is she!!
12 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy