Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
117 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '10        #401
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,966 | Props total: 1795 1795
 circleinsidebox said:
hindering how? did someone of a faith hurt you?
physically? emotionally?

i don't understand your purpose, i lead a productive life, i work
have a family, i have faith,....

how am i being hindered exactly?

my life was worst off when i had no faith
yeah lets just forget about how many people have been k!lled and discriminated against in the name of religion

Cantankerous said:
I'm far from sticking up for religious beliefs, but when you begin teaching Big Bang, Evolution, etc in schools, and they are regarded as FACT, then yes, people are runnning around passing it off as 100% accurate. These guesses aren't that educated, they make sense for right now(if you accept these fields as true, which most do), but won't in the future, throughout time, medicine, psychology, science, simply changes all the time. How does that even come off as educated?

God's Plan, is no less intelligent than these theories, they are either unproven, changed, or disproven by some newer "educated guess." You do know these psedo-sciences are faith based too? Believing in bible is no different from believing in an unproven theory, they are one in the same, the difference is, one is regarded as magic because their rules defy our intellectual thought, the other is stupidity of our own "intellect."

The real point is, both religious and scientific answers don't really know s**t more than the other. Instead of people arguing between which is right of both these lame a.ss theories, maybe new methods of figuring these things out, needs to happen, an ACTUAL science, but then again, I doubt these things will be found out anyways. The truth of most things aren't, people spend too much time trying to make their perspective work, instead of realizing it doesn't. Not saying our science can't be right, or religion can't be, they just so far, have been wrong.
school teaches what the word theory means. not once in my 4 years of high school did school claim theories were 100% fact.
 7 years ago '10        #402
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:
Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
sin or no sin death is certain.
 7 years ago '05        #403
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,738 | Props total: 1822 1822
 Scoop said:
We once believed that thunder and lightning was god getting angry. Of course, now we have a scientific explanation for this phenomenon, it would be hard to find anyone who still believes this.

Religion is a crutch left over from man's pre-scientific youth and, like a child with a security blanket, our continued reliance on it for emotional support is unhealthy and detrimental to our growth.

As the ground illuminated by science advances, this god-of-the-gaps of human knowledge will continue to retreat with the shadows. you only have to look to the mistaken a.ssumptions of your religion ancestors for a glimpse of the future of your god.

"To a.ssert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin." Cardinal Bellarmine at Galileo's trial, 1615

In the meantime, the atheist is not so intellectually promiscuous as to jump at a supernatural explanation just so that we can have an answer...any answer, right now.
Are you sure it'd be hard? I still believe the Azande tribe is still around, but then again that is an "uncivilized" society.

You're simply sticking up for science, again it's still foolish. Of course our ways of explaning things will advance with time, people once believe if you left a dirty pile of clothes in a corner, you could create rats. Do you see the foolishness in that? I hope so, but that was their science, and it made the most sense, and that is what is still going on, we have the "best" answers for what we believe, but that doesn't mean they are even close to accurate.

Do you realize the whole medicine industry, and Psychology community are simply made up sciences? How long do you think the term depression was around? Before that, were there any depressed people? No. Our sciences are made up, passed as fact through our own belief that these answers and concepts are actually true.
 09-03-2010, 08:00 PM         #404
Metalzoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 illement said:
Why is it "absurd" exactly? Because we don't understand at this point?
too long .. didn't read. I stated my reason. you cropped the answer and went off on a tangent when I'd already explained what i meant.

"It's absurd to a.ssume that this meticulous universe is a byproduct of chance just because we haven't yet been able to find the definite answer to that question."

The point of the matter is there is no real measuring stick for ruling God out. As much as science looks down on religious heads for their outlandish beliefs, scientific theories are outlandish beliefs that get tested till they are proven false or become fact. Right now we have no fact on our origin. We have logical guesstimates based on info but nothing that is fact. If you put your faith behind Big Bang theory, I can almost a.ssure you that you will be sorely disappointed. We don't even know about 80+% of the contents of our universe (dark matter). We're not even close to figuring the mystery out .. this story will be refined. I suspect the Large Hadroan Collider will play a big hand in it too.

My point is that both sides are running on concepts .. not hard facts. For all we know ... by the time we can detect better we might find there is a God out there. Would be surprising, won't it?
 7 years ago '10        #405
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Cantankerous said:
Are you sure it'd be hard? I still believe the Azande tribe is still around, but then again that is an "uncivilized" society.

You're simply sticking up for science, again it's still foolish. Of course our ways of explaning things will advance with time, people once believe if you left a dirty pile of clothes in a corner, you could create rats. Do you see the foolishness in that? I hope so, but that was their science, and it made the most sense, and that is what is still going on, we have the "best" answers for what we believe, but that doesn't mean they are even close to accurate.

Do you realize the whole medicine industry, and Psychology community are simply made up sciences? How long do you think the term depression was around? Before that, were there any depressed people? No. Our sciences are made up, passed as fact through our own belief that these answers and concepts are actually true.

yeah how stupid our medicine industry, and Psychology community is right??? i mean cause we all know faith healing work all the time right??? im more than sure there were depressed people before the actual diagnosis was made.
 7 years ago '05        #406
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 beast mode said:
sin or no sin death is certain.
after the sin of adam/eve
 7 years ago '10        #407
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:
after the sin of adam/eve
AGAIN you logic is that we die and sin,and bad things happen to innocent people because somebody bit the apple???
 7 years ago '05        #408
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 beast mode said:
AGAIN you logic is that we die and sin,and bad things happen to innocent people because somebody bit the apple???
the apple itself is unimportant, it's what the apple represented....

it represented Lucifer's rebellion and 1/3 of the angels that went along with him...

it was the anti-Dios
 7 years ago '05        #409
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 beast mode said:
we sin and die because of our ancestor's disobedience

and lack of respect for authority
 7 years ago '10        #410
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:
the apple itself is unimportant, it's what the apple represented....

it represented Lucifer's rebellion and 1/3 of the angels that went along with him...

it was the anti-Dios
now your picking and choosing what is important or not in the bible??? story only further proves that it's just a book of ol folk tales,no more convincing then "step on a crack or you'll brake your mamas back"
 09-03-2010, 08:27 PM         #411
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tree of knowledge. doesnt that say it all, stay the f**k away from that s**t at all costs. ill tell you all what to think.
 7 years ago '10        #412
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:

so again why would god build us this way??? for his own sick amusement???
 09-03-2010, 08:31 PM         #413
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 circleinsidebox said:

respect for authority. i love it. they gotta explain why we die. and instill respect for authority in us. oh well, as long as we dont ask questions we can live in bliss.

just a little odd to me how they want us to blindly follow, respect authority, and not ask questions. just imagine IF religion was a bunch of bulls**t, itd be a great tool to control people.

Last edited by Ni2; 09-03-2010 at 08:35 PM..
 7 years ago '05        #414
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 Ni2 said:
respect for authority. i love it. they gotta explain why we die. and instill respect for authority in us. oh well, as long as we dont ask questions we can live in bliss.

just a little odd to me how they want us to blindly follow, respect authority, and not ask questions. just imagine IF religion was a bunch of bulls**t, itd be a great tool to control people.
didn't your parents treat you this way when you were a child?
 7 years ago '05        #415
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 beast mode said:
only God can answer that question y no soy
 7 years ago '05        #416
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 beast mode said:
now your picking and choosing what is important or not in the bible??? story only further proves that it's just a book of ol folk tales,no more convincing then "step on a crack or you'll brake your mamas back"
no, i'm referencing that particuare verse

because it pertained to your specific post........
 7 years ago '05        #417
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 Ni2 said:
tree of knowledge. doesnt that say it all, stay the f**k away from that s**t at all costs. ill tell you all what to think.
are you trying to sarcastically mimic God's words/intentions?
 7 years ago '05        #418
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 beast mode said:
are you angry with God? it's hard to determine someone's
emotions by simple text, but, by the way you type that you seem
to have some type of anger or resentment for Dios
 7 years ago '10        #419
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 circleinsidebox said:
are you angry with God? it's hard to determine someone's
emotions by simple text, but, by the way you type that you seem
to have some type of anger or resentment for Dios
no im angry with simple minded thinking when people know better
 7 years ago '09        #420
Tekknowledgy1 
space
space
space
$54 | Props total: 2 2
Everyone is talking about religion here. Religion has nothing to do with God. "God" is within us, around us, is us, is everything. Why do we act like God is a person with human traits and emotions? Why do we put these limits on "God's". My belief is people think to small. Hawkings says physics not God created the universe. Why cant God be physics, use physics, be everything and nothing specific at all.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago