Sep 2 - Stephen Hawking: God did NOT create the Universe

most viewed right now
 65
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 43
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 38
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '05        #381
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 beast mode said:
ahhhh yes silly me,bad s**t happens to innocent people because of an apple that was eaten a loooong time ago
it's not that simple but you have your mind already made up
to simplify a complex situation, so be as it may.... if you want more
information...i am full of it
 7 years ago '10        #382
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,969 | Props total: 1796 1796
 maddnyss said:
BIG BANG???!!!

WAIT, WAIT... WHO CREATED THE CHEMICALS/EVENTS/ELEMENTS THAT CAUSED THIS BANG TO HAPPEN??? SPEAK UP MR. HAWKING. I CAN'T HEAR YA, BRUH. GTFOH.
wow you're an idiot you can say the same about god. who created god????
 7 years ago '05        #383
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 JBeezy said:
I grew up Catholic. Went to Catholic school....took religious education classes, went to church weekly...the whole nine.

Then I started to think on my own and realized none of that s**t makes ANY sense.
same here, but i came full circle recently....i was agnostic for a period of my life
after my catholic phase...

we as humans can't comprehend the meaning of life with/without Dios
that's why you have faith, which exists without logic
 7 years ago '05        #384
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 beast mode said:
wow you're an idiot you can say the same about god. who created god????

why are you so interested in something that
does not exist?
 7 years ago '10        #385
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,969 | Props total: 1796 1796
 circleinsidebox said:
it's not that simple but you have your mind already made up
to simplify a complex situation, so be as it may.... if you want more
information...i am full of it
you're full of something all right. you quoting a bible that contradicts itself and was written by many people. now in the world of such complexity what more settling way to end the debate if god would come from the clouds and show us. oh yeah i forgot it's gonna happen soon right???
 7 years ago '04        #386
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 circleinsidebox said:
i did not say any of that, your misinterpreting my words....

you keep saying god ALLOWS things to happen you seriously need
to erase that out of your memory....

the reason there is death and destruction is because of the SINS of the original
man and woman the first occupied this earth.....

you need to read the story of adam/eve to get a great idea on what
i am trying to elaborate on, but this is short example of what you will find


17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat of it,'
"Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat of it
all the days of your life.

18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.

19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return."


this is all the direct result of adam and eve's sin


please read Genesis Chapter 3
 circleinsidebox said:
it's not that simple but you have your mind already made up
to simplify a complex situation, so be as it may.... if you want more
information...i am full of it
 circleinsidebox said:
same here, but i came full circle recently....i was agnostic for a period of my life
after my catholic phase...

we as humans can't comprehend the meaning of life with/without Dios
that's why you have faith, which exists without logic
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Nietzsche
 7 years ago '10        #387
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,969 | Props total: 1796 1796
 circleinsidebox said:
why are you so interested in something that
does not exist?
because it's hindering humans
 7 years ago '05        #388
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 Scoop said:
no, you misinterpreted

how is telling them the difference between right and wrong? they dont know it.

lol religion people are so fail.

many studies on religiousity and IQ have occurred and the results consistently show that as education levels decrease, as unquestioned belief in religion increases.
i have a bachelor's in computer engineering....

like that matters anyway,

it doesn't matter if you can't understand how a system works, it will work
regardless, even in the presence of your ignorance
 7 years ago '05        #389
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 beast mode said:
because it's hindering humans
hindering how? did someone of a faith hurt you?
physically? emotionally?

i don't understand your purpose, i lead a productive life, i work
have a family, i have faith,....

how am i being hindered exactly?

my life was worst off when i had no faith
 7 years ago '05        #390
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
 beast mode said:
who doesn't understand theory??? nobody is running around saying for 100% accuracy this is what happened......scientist study,study,study and make EDUCATED theories while others *cough....religious* just take blind guesses and improvise what they say god plan is or what he's thinking or saying.

I'm far from sticking up for religious beliefs, but when you begin teaching Big Bang, Evolution, etc in schools, and they are regarded as FACT, then yes, people are runnning around passing it off as 100% accurate. These guesses aren't that educated, they make sense for right now(if you accept these fields as true, which most do), but won't in the future, throughout time, medicine, psychology, science, simply changes all the time. How does that even come off as educated?

God's Plan, is no less intelligent than these theories, they are either unproven, changed, or disproven by some newer "educated guess." You do know these psedo-sciences are faith based too? Believing in bible is no different from believing in an unproven theory, they are one in the same, the difference is, one is regarded as magic because their rules defy our intellectual thought, the other is stupidity of our own "intellect."

The real point is, both religious and scientific answers don't really know s**t more than the other. Instead of people arguing between which is right of both these lame a.ss theories, maybe new methods of figuring these things out, needs to happen, an ACTUAL science, but then again, I doubt these things will be found out anyways. The truth of most things aren't, people spend too much time trying to make their perspective work, instead of realizing it doesn't. Not saying our science can't be right, or religion can't be, they just so far, have been wrong.
 7 years ago '04        #391
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 circleinsidebox said:
i have a bachelor's in computer engineering....

like that matters anyway,

it doesn't matter if you can't understand how a system works, it will work
regardless, even in the presence of your ignorance
feeling dumb? resorting to insults? lol...

you said my point of view was misinterpretation when it only used EXACT WORDS. Your interpretation made Adam and Evil understand concepts that they simply could not know...you added taught concepts to them... then you got mad when you were wrong.

 7 years ago '05        #392
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 Scoop said:
feeling dumb? resorting to insults? lol...

you said my point of view was misinterpretation when it only used EXACT WORDS. Your interpretation made Adam and Evil understand concepts that they simply could not know...you added taught concepts to them... then you got mad when you were wrong.

who did i insult exactly? you posted some statistic about non educated people believing in God....i was simply contradicting your study kind sir


i am not in this to be proven or to prove anyone right or wrong, but the bible clearly makes its point, you can choose to accept it or not, and my concepts were self taught, self interpretation.... thanks again but i do not get mad over God discussions....

i am smiling having a great time with this whole thread :)
 7 years ago '04        #393
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 circleinsidebox said:
i have a bachelor's in computer engineering....

like that matters anyway,

it doesn't matter if you can't understand how a system works, it will work
regardless, even in the presence of your ignorance
 Cantankerous said:
I'm far from sticking up for religious beliefs, but when you begin teaching Big Bang, Evolution, etc in schools, and they are regarded as FACT, then yes, people are runnning around passing it off as 100% accurate. These guesses aren't that educated, they make sense for right now(if you accept these fields as true, which most do), but won't in the future, throughout time, medicine, psychology, science, simply changes all the time. How does that even come off as educated?

God's Plan, is no less intelligent than these theories, they are either unproven, changed, or disproven by some newer "educated guess." You do know these psedo-sciences are faith based too? Believing in bible is no different from believing in an unproven theory, they are one in the same, the difference is, one is regarded as magic because their rules defy our intellectual thought, the other is stupidity of our own "intellect."

The real point is, both religious and scientific answers don't really know s**t more than the other. Instead of people arguing between which is right of both these lame a.ss theories, maybe new methods of figuring these things out, needs to happen, an ACTUAL science, but then again, I doubt these things will be found out anyways. The truth of most things aren't, people spend too much time trying to make their perspective work, instead of realizing it doesn't. Not saying our science can't be right, or religion can't be, they just so far, have been wrong.

We once believed that thunder and lightning was god getting angry. Of course, now we have a scientific explanation for this phenomenon, it would be hard to find anyone who still believes this.

Religion is a crutch left over from man's pre-scientific youth and, like a child with a security blanket, our continued reliance on it for emotional support is unhealthy and detrimental to our growth.

As the ground illuminated by science advances, this god-of-the-gaps of human knowledge will continue to retreat with the shadows. you only have to look to the mistaken a.ssumptions of your religion ancestors for a glimpse of the future of your god.

"To a.ssert that the earth revolves around the sun is as erroneous as to claim that Jesus was not born of a virgin." Cardinal Bellarmine at Galileo's trial, 1615

In the meantime, the atheist is not so intellectually promiscuous as to jump at a supernatural explanation just so that we can have an answer...any answer, right now.
 7 years ago '10        #394
illement 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 1526 1526
 circleinsidebox said:
it's not that simple but you have your mind already made up
to simplify a complex situation, so be as it may.... if you want more
information...i am full of it
How is not that simple? What's so complex about some n*gga eating an apple?

You're starting to sound more foolish as more posts get added, you may want to just stop altogether.

Even religious nuts (not saying you are) agree that that story is dumb and probably changed constantly over time and it's just used to teach children about the more complex aspects of the bible itself (unorthodox I believe). Ever hear of Easter?

There's so much contradictory information on the bibles that's why the New Testament had to be created. Anything that may contradict itself can either be precluded or blamed on the devil for doing it to misguide us. There's no way around it. As I said before, anything religious is automatically unfalsifiable. Another reason why epistemology has a hard time to fit in religion. It's crazy!
 7 years ago '05        #395
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 Scoop said:

[pic - click to view]

to answer this directly:

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."


i think adam knew what he was getting into.....
 7 years ago '05        #396
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 illement said:
How is not that simple? What's so complex about some n*gga eating an apple?

You're starting to sound more foolish as more posts get added, you may want to just stop altogether.

Even religious nuts (not saying you are) agree that that story is dumb and probably changed constantly over time and it's just used to teach children about the more complex aspects of the bible itself (unorthodox I believe). Ever hear of Easter?

There's so much contradictory information on the bibles that's why the New Testament had to be created. Anything that may contradict itself can either be precluded or blamed on the devil for doing it to misguide us. There's no way around it. As I said before, anything religious is automatically unfalsifiable. Another reason why epistemology has a hard time to fit in religion. It's crazy!
please give me the contradictions you speak of ....old vs new testament....
 7 years ago '04        #397
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 circleinsidebox said:
to answer this directly:

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."


i think adam knew what he was getting into.....
how does that explain that death is bad? why do you a.ssume death is bad?
 7 years ago '05        #398
circleinsidebox 
space
avatar space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 Scoop said:
how does that explain that death is bad? why do you a.ssume death is bad?
Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 7 years ago '10        #399
illement 10 heat pts10
space
avatar space
space
$12,476 | Props total: 1526 1526
 circleinsidebox said:
who did i insult exactly? you posted some statistic about non educated people believing in God....i was simply contradicting your study kind sir


i am not in this to be proven or to prove anyone right or wrong, but the bible clearly makes its point, you can choose to accept it or not, and my concepts were self taught, self interpretation.... thanks again but i do not get mad over God discussions....

i am smiling having a great time with this whole thread :)
How were you contradicting it exactly? you're just one person... Less than 0.1% of a global study. For someone who has an engineering degree in computers you sound like you are in need of some more math classes...
 7 years ago '04        #400
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 circleinsidebox said:
to answer this directly:

15 The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."


i think adam knew what he was getting into.....
 circleinsidebox said:
Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
right...how would adam and eve know that
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 31
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
53 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 10
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
226 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
68 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 5
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
248 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
117 comments
2 days ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy