most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
87 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 7 years ago '08        #21
4sonsofHorus 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,170 | Props total: 1 1
The concept of "God" is purely a spiritual notion and to believe some so delved into this material realm to conceive something beyond the threshold would be nothing more than facetious. Hawking is going off of his ideals and beliefs where he can operate, where the multiverse intercepts, and God is clearly not apart of his picture. His materialistic fears are seeping into his work and for the many denizens who hinge on his words of wisdom I pity them even more. For if man where to go into space with the tech to tote, their inherent problems would persist if not escalate in an environment only tested for 60+yrs. What I find about this realm that we return to "wakengly" is but one of an infinite multitude of realms, not because I know or have heard someone else come to this conclusion it is what I believe. You only see what you believe. Im not saying God is real nor am I saying that he is made up Jello Pudding in the sky, I sit neutral on the matter accepting all possibilities as truth and keeping my own secret

Last edited by 4sonsofHorus; 09-02-2010 at 08:25 AM..
 09-02-2010, 08:23 AM         #22
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I support the agnost theory. Don't you atheists find it scary in a way that there would be NOTHING after death? What would nothing be?
 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM         #23
Boyce Codd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Perfectibilist said:
but there's no god in the sense that christianity tells it.
I agree 100% with this.
I believe in no single religion
 7 years ago '08        #24
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 8 8
 bornleader said:
i have come to realize that intelligent people who can grasp concepts like this have always known that the whole god created the universe was a ridiculous theory..Im sorry to ruin your dreams kiddies..But this is an obvious notion..So please..Drink,Smoke,Have unprotected pre-marital s3x, k!ll thy neighbor,lie,steal,cheat, burn a rosary, used gods name in vein,swing on the pope, whatever you want..No one is watching..
I have always thought about this....for example: All the ppl who do bad or go against the bible or what ever...actually knows that in reality no one is really watching..that they're actually "free" so to speak. That after they're dead there wont be a judgment/consequence for their actions....

Last edited by supervillain; 09-02-2010 at 08:31 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #25
Drunk By Myself 
space
space
space
$1,811 | Props total: 0 0
I would like to know how anyone can read this article and feel comfortable that they completely understand what Steven Hawking is truly saying. This does not get into enough detail to form an opinion. All those who responded have preconceived opinions on the subject.

I believe in something greater than us. A higher being. A higher power. Not what is written in a book through in imperfect medium (man). But i do not believe that we can ever solve or prove or even truly understand subject matter that is beyond us. read the quote in the sig. The idea of a higher power/afterlife/universe creation is beyond what humans can comprehend.

Also, I hope those who completely rule out a "God" learn and understand scientifc method. Humans can only "guess" at what is going on around us and develop science and math that will hold true in most cases and provide a "best" explanation until we can dive even further into it. We never know anything to be 100% truth.

Last edited by Drunk By Myself; 09-02-2010 at 08:35 AM..
 7 years ago '07        #26
AwolRJ 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,189 | Props total: 4 4
These Bible Thumpin Theorist are mad now!
 7 years ago '10        #27
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,974 | Props total: 1798 1798
 DjComplex72 said:
God is real.....
and you base that on what???old wise tales??
 7 years ago '10        #28
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 DjComplex72 said:
How about you prove that he doesn't exist......

I prayed for you.....
theirs even more reason why god doesn't exsist...why the f**k (if real) would he allow such dumb responses from his believers he really just said "prove he doesn't exsist"
 7 years ago '10        #29
Account001 
space
space
$3,342 | Props total: 180 180
the gravity vs matter guy is right... Yall should read s**t before you post.

Also, since you cant prove if God is real or if God is not real why argue?
 09-02-2010, 08:39 AM         #30
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can we get past this stupid God discussion, please? Did anybody else read the article? All this bulls**t about God isn't even the main idea of Dr. Hawkings argument. What about all the stuff about aliens and extra-solar colonization?

I'd usually have respect for Stephen Hawking but his claims about earth being colonized by extraterrestrials seems incredibly naive for someone like him. I'll admit that it is possible, if not likely that there is life elsewhere in our galaxy, even intelligent life. But to a.ssume that they would even be capable of traveling to another planet, let alone being able to survive on another planet is doubtful.
 7 years ago '10        #31
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
 Boyce Codd said:
I support the agnost theory. Don't you atheists find it scary in a way that there would be NOTHING after death? What would nothing be?
im not an atheist im a realist and nothing is exactly what i think happens when you die,just vast nothingness as before we were born.
 7 years ago '05        #32
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
 bornleader said:
i have come to realize that intelligent people who can grasp concepts like this have always known that the whole god created the universe was a ridiculous theory..Im sorry to ruin your dreams kiddies..But this is an obvious notion..So please..Drink,Smoke,Have unprotected pre-marital s3x, k!ll thy neighbor,lie,steal,cheat, burn a rosary, used gods name in vein,swing on the pope, whatever you want..No one is watching..
if this is true....and there is no DIOS, why are there
consequences for performing these actions? (from a non government involvement)

7 years ago '05        #33
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 beast mode said:
theirs even more reason why god doesn't exsist...why the f**k (if real) would he allow such dumb responses from his believers he really just said "prove he doesn't exsist"
it's called free will
 7 years ago '05        #34
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 AwolRJ said:
These Bible Thumpin Theorist are mad now!
why would they be mad?

it's an article of a man that chooses

to denounce DIOS, why would that make anyone mad?
 09-02-2010, 08:46 AM         #35
carl0489  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

You people are all morons
 7 years ago '05        #36
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 Perfectibilist said:
Prove it...
Without referring to any religious texts or books, prove that a god exists.
Dios's existence is not built on proof

it's built on faith

faith is not a belief
 09-02-2010, 08:50 AM         #37
bornleader  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
believing in god is for the weak and scared..It is a fairytale..Do you guys need your head rubbed and someone to tell you its going to be ok? Please..Look at this world we live in..God Smod..
 7 years ago '05        #38
circleinsidebox 
space
space
 bornleader said:
believing in god is for the weak and scared..It is a fairytale..Do you guys need your head rubbed and someone to tell you its going to be ok? Please..Look at this world we live in..God Smod..
of course this is true, this is why i peaked spiritually and mentally

when DIOS wasn't a part of my life

i was the weakest most afraid when i believed DIOS didn't exist or just didn't give a s**t
 09-02-2010, 09:19 AM         #39
whateverman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Interesting topic. I tend to have agnostic views myself, but part of me believes that there was a big bang -- created by God. I just can't get around the thought that something can't rise from nothing. But then obviously the next thought is: where the hell did God come from? What was there before God?

Still, just because we'll probably never find out if there is or isn't a God, that doesn't give us a free pass to rob, steal, cheat and k!ll. Maybe there isn't anybody up there watching, but you are watching yourself. Acknowledge your own power to decide what is wrong and right. Respect and understand yourself and others.

I recommend you guys check out a book by renowned astrophysicist Robert Jastrow called God and the Astronomers. Breaks down, in laymen's terms, a lot of the Creation debate. Pretty insightful. Here's a quote from the book that I find particularly powerful:

"At this moment it seems as though science will never be able to raise the curtain on the mystery of creation. For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Last edited by whateverman; 09-02-2010 at 09:24 AM..
 7 years ago '04        #40
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
I don't know how the existence of a god would solve the issue of something coming from "nothing" anyway, since a god would present the same problem, just placing the problem one step up. And of course there is no evidence of a god, and it's really not on science to disprove the belief.

But it seems this was cherry picked from the book for headline appeal, and that the rest should be more grounded, so I'll check it out. I do need to read up more on M-theory. I've been meaning to for a while.

Last edited by HHS; 09-02-2010 at 10:05 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
53 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chevy has once again fu-ked up the Camaro.. Is it time to discontinue ..
32 comments
18 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
NFL He dropped it. Don't play dumb, don't get mad at the Pats. He. Dropped. It.
270 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy